Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) $2.99 w/Free Shipping at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#31 YoUnGKiLlAh

YoUnGKiLlAh

Gamer4Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

I rented this game from gamefly, and I regret it. I would never play it again even if its free.

#32 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

oh good grief I'll bite for $3 out of sympathy.

#33 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

I just can't convince myself to pull the trigger. I jumped on Brink for this price a while back despite CAGers posting not to, and regretted it.

#34 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I just can't convince myself to pull the trigger. I jumped on Brink for this price a while back despite CAGers posting not to, and regretted it.

Stop being hard headed and go for it.

I bought it at $30 and I'm tempted to buy a second copy at this price. No idea what I would do with it though.

Edit: Oh wait, I have to drive 40 miles to my nearest BestBuy? Bah.

#35 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Bought and picked it up for $5 yesterday in-store. Called Best Buy's hotline on the phone and got them to price match today's $3 price. $2 credit back. I want to pay as little for this game as possible, just on principle of its quality.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#36 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'll pass. I'd like a new ps3 game case but $3 is too much.

#37 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I bought one for my dad since he loves the Duke. At $3, who can pass it up?
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#38 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

How many copies did they print? It started out being funny, now it's just really sad.

#39 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

This game is insanely terrible. I played for 2 hours and hated every minute of it.

Don't buy into the whole "it's only $3, any game is worth trying for $3". I used to have that same mindset and now I have a bunch of absolutely terrible games that I never played or played for an hour and wish I was playing something better.

I'd honestly recommend skipping this game no matter the cost, unless you are REALLY into bad FPS games.

#40 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Worth it for $2.99?

#41 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

lol @ you guys scoffing at the price

its freaking $3 for a new ps3 game. I'd buy anything for $3.

seriously. if u would've told me that i could get a new video game for $3 when i was a little kid I would have kicked you in the shin and called you a big fat liar. considering how much work/effort/money goes into making video games now, buying any console game for $3 could almost be considered stealing.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#42 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

You guys better jump on it before all the hoarders lol

#43 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Gas > this game.

#44 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

LOL at this sale price. In for one!
Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#45 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

This game is insanely terrible. I played for 2 hours and hated every minute of it.

Don't buy into the whole "it's only $3, any game is worth trying for $3". I used to have that same mindset and now I have a bunch of absolutely terrible games that I never played or played for an hour and wish I was playing something better.

I'd honestly recommend skipping this game no matter the cost, unless you are REALLY into bad FPS games.

2 hours of gameplay = 30 minutes of loading time.

Seriously, that is the worst part of the game. What does the 4 gig install even do for this game?

#46 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hahah this is insane. I already returned a $10 copy to gamestop when this hit $5 at bestbuy. Never would have expected to see a sub-$5 price new, regardless of bad reviews. This is now the last insult to the game. I bet the closing bestbuys will have wall to wall stacks of this game trucked in.

#47 mtincher

mtincher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

And this is one of the reasons why I never buy anything from Best Buy. There is no copies available to ship and the closest store to me does not have it available. This happens to every game I want to get.

#48 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Thanks OP, got one for ps3. I enjoyed this for the 360 at launch and I'll play it again on the ps3 for some trophies and just to play it again.

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#49 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I picked up a copy for me on the 360 and one for a buddy on the PS3. Used a $5 reward zone credit and about $2 from a gift card I have had forever. I didn't realize they were $2.99 until they rang up. Glad BB didn't let me use that credit when I tried to use it online last night.

#50 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

it's not worth it. buy a jar of nutella instead.

This. :applause:

#51 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

I rented this game and passed in on 360. Bad game, but good enough for $3. In for one.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#52 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

And this is one of the reasons why I never buy anything from Best Buy. There is no copies available to ship and the closest store to me does not have it available. This happens to every game I want to get.

You can't really blame them if they don't have enough extreme clearance $2.99 games in stock. You just have extremely cheap tastes if that is every game you try to get from them.

#53 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

I bought this at $5 and got a refund for the difference down to $3 today. Haven't tried it, don't know if it's any good, hear all the reviews, but I want it anyways. Maybe it will bring me back to the nostalgia of my young adulthood when I could play games and not worry about the F!@$^@%^ children.
Posted Image

#54 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Thanks Op. picked one up today.

#55 DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

It may be horrible but for $3 and being the answer to a VERY long running joke (the equivalent of GnR's Chinese Democracy in the gaming world) it's worth it to me. Thanks for posting.

#56 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

The lowest I've ever seen an unopened game at Best Buy was Catwoman on the original Xbox for 99 cents.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#57 mastaspy007

mastaspy007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

LOL! I was debating whether or not this was worth it for the PS3 game case alone and then trading it back to Best Buy for $3 that I would use toward Killzone 3 ($9.99 preowned this week) and it just sold out from my local store. Oh well, I'll take that as a sign haha.

#58 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

I brought this for 10$ on black friday cause i had plenty of credit to spare and now bestbuy has it for 3$. Geeeeee

As for hoarders this game hasnt been flippible in months so Its pointless
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#59 oldschool990

oldschool990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

My advise is for the ppl thinking about picking it up... I say it's up to you really cuz don't let ppl judge for you saying it's a bad game or what not... Ppl got different taste in videogames, some may like it and sum may not... You guys can always go on youtube and look at gameplay and judge for youself, then decide if you wanna pick it up or not...

#60 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

for $3..uhm idk..