Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/29/12 to 5/5/12)

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#91 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Bought Spirit Camera a couple weeks ago at BBY. Gotta love having that 45-day window!
Posted Image

#92 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Maybe this has already been mentioned in another thread, but I got an e-mail the other day awarding me $10 in SYWR points for being a "valued member" or whatever. Only downside is that it expires on the 30th. Haven't stepped into a k-mart since last Nov. when they had the Skyrim/AC:R/MW3/etc. 2 for $70, but I did buy practically every major release there last year. Just wanted to give a heads up for people to check their e-mails for this.

#93 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Bought Spirit Camera a couple weeks ago at BBY. Gotta love having that 45-day window!

Is Spirit Camera any good? Been hearing lots of mixed things about it. At $30 I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

Also, didn't Nintendo say it was going to be a $20 budget title a few months ago? Wonder what happened to that. It is Nintendo though...

#94 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

these are deals for moms who don't look very hard for deals.
Posted Image

#95 BigBass21

BigBass21

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Couldn't be more true.http://www.skjgh.co.cc/ghuikjmn

#96 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Couldn't be more true.http://www.skjgh.co.cc/ghuikjmn

Ugh... really? MW3 at $30 looks like a money maker this week just like it was two weeks ago... but whatever you say

#97 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Is Spirit Camera any good? Been hearing lots of mixed things about it. At $30 I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

Also, didn't Nintendo say it was going to be a $20 budget title a few months ago? Wonder what happened to that. It is Nintendo though...

I honestly haven't tried it out yet, but given that it's a Fatal Frame title in spirit I couldn't resist picking it up.
Posted Image

#98 ilifecomputer

ilifecomputer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

I just bought UMVC3 on Tuesday with that $20 coupon. Would be nice to get it for $10.

Same here. I wonder if they will price adjust for us.

#99 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

How do i start a price match? DO i go to the register and say hey best buy has this game i.e) Mass effect 3 for 40 dollars. Price match it now! RAWR! ? and they have to match it?

#100 Staveandor

Staveandor

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

How do i start a price match? DO i go to the register and say hey best buy has this game i.e) Mass effect 3 for 40 dollars. Price match it now! RAWR! ? and they have to match it?

Yes. Do exactly that. =P

You need to find a print ad (flyer, etc) showing the price of the game you want to match, then bring the game and the flyer to customer service at the store you want to match it to. It's painless.

#101 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

• Get the actual paper Best Buy ad showing the $40 sale price of the game. (Better to bring the whole paper ad, encase the employee is strict like the ones at my Target)
  • Walk into the gaming section, and tell the employee you want ME3 plus you like to price match Best Buy's price.
  • If everything goes smoothly, that is basically it.

#102 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

still not bad though, these are some of the best recent games out there

#103 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

• Get the actual paper Best Buy ad showing the $40 sale price of the game. (Better to bring the whole paper ad, encase the employee is strict like the ones at my Target)
  • Walk into the gaming section, and tell the employee you want ME3 plus you like to price match Best Buy's price.
  • If everything goes smoothly, that is basically it.

My Target is the same way. I price matched American Dad Volume 7 (would have just bought it at BBY, but it's across town), and they were strict that it COULD NOT be a mobile ad, or a printout, or the product page printout. Had to be THE ad. Then, the worker examined the ad like they were expecting to find something wrong; like a one-day sale or special offer. All for $5 off a DVD no will buy! (sadly)

I know it's their policy to have the actual ad...but really? It was a bit much.

#104 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

Maybe this has already been mentioned in another thread, but I got an e-mail the other day awarding me $10 in SYWR points for being a "valued member" or whatever. Only downside is that it expires on the 30th. Haven't stepped into a k-mart since last Nov. when they had the Skyrim/AC:R/MW3/etc. 2 for $70, but I did buy practically every major release there last year. Just wanted to give a heads up for people to check their e-mails for this.

I'll check my email as well. I recently spent over $50, and received a $5. Now I have $15 in gift cards. The $5 giftcard expires on the 5th. What to spend my money on is the question...

#105 angel001

angel001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

not bad
You've Just Entered the NO-FLY ZONE!
http://www.fggsgsf.com/f/images/air

#106 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

Yes the crappy deal about the $20 gift card is a few of those games including ac:r and mw3 are $39.99 and lower now. Might as well get them now if you're considering the gift card then it's money in the bank, not in target.

You can price match and still get the $20 TGC.
It's just a matter if other stores will have those selected titles on sale next week or not.

#107 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

The Walmart I went to today had the Rose & Blue DSi XL's already marked to $130. The display tag went into effect on 4/27. Good deal on this unit, I've never seen it this low anywhere before.

#108 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

It would be cool to catch the mario kart bundle for $130.

#109 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

I was at Walmart today and the ps3 version of Prototype 2 did come with the prototype download

#110 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

I don't think these are just week-long deals. Most of these are rollback prices.

#111 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

might have to pick up ad and take to target to pm battlefield 3 for $40. plus extra $20 gift card and then sell online pass since i already have one.

#112 Coolness

Coolness

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Does the gift card deal apply to the mario 3d land bundle as well?

#113 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Thanks OP for posting this. Come on universal price drop on the DSi XL!

#114 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

That's a pretty decent deal on a Vita. Wish it was someone would price match it and had the $300 for it. :(

Would prefer to get it through someone with a rewards program like Best Buy, Gamestop, or Kmart/Sears.

#115 qaopjlll

qaopjlll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

I want that Vita deal but I don't care about the Unit 13 game. Is there any chance that Target would let me exchange it for a different game or for store credit?

#116 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

the only ones i dont have are BF3 and SCV. and i have AC on ps3 but im sure if i had it on 360 i could play with my one friend(but not worth buying the same game for 30 dollars on another system)

backlog is entirely too epic though. not that that has ever stopped me from buying games before.

#117 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

I want that Vita deal but I don't care about the Unit 13 game. Is there any chance that Target would let me exchange it for a different game or for store credit?

probably not. but you could trade it in to best buy, which is giving pretty decent TIV for it. or gamestop.

#118 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Quick question
For Red Dead Redemption
LA Noire
and GTA Complete Edition

Which is better for which console?

I already have RDR and LANoire on 360 but was wondering if it's better picking it up for PS3?

#119 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Is it true that some of the DS games don't look as good on the larger screen? Do these units suffer from the infamous DS Lite wobbly screen? :bouncy:

#120 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

rdr complete 360
LA Noire ps3
for la noire- get the complete ed, the extra content is soooo worth it. u should've got it for 10 at target after the coupon.

Quick question
For Red Dead Redemption
LA Noire
and GTA Complete Edition

Which is better for which console?

I already have RDR and LANoire on 360 but was wondering if it's better picking it up for PS3?

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot: