Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/29/12 to 5/5/12)

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#121 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

I actually did pick up LA Noire for $10 @Target.
but I got it for 360. The box hypnotized me into buying it.

What about GTA?

#122 snacks2000

snacks2000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum... I hope all is well & blessed with you all...With some of the games listed couldn't you use the TRU sales ad & get them for $30 & still get the gift card as well??? Might have to do two different buys though. Probley could get two different $20 gift cards... I know this might be a lil far out there though to get this done. Just it maybe could work. But I agree though target is stricted lmao.

#123 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Not a video game, but the $79 Kindle with free $30 Walmart gift card is a sweet sweet deal.

#124 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

will Target refund back the difference for the vita games I bought yesterday in the $20 coupon deal? I bought Unit 13 and MVC 3 but I am not sure they will refund back the difference since I used the coupon. It would be nice to get back $20 for both games. Anyone know their price match policy for coupons?
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#125 Kidd.o

Kidd.o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Is it true that some of the DS games don't look as good on the larger screen? Do these units suffer from the infamous DS Lite wobbly screen? :bouncy:

Not sure about the wobbly screen, but I don't believe any games are actually made for the DSi XL's size, so they are merely stretched to fit the size. It looks fine in most games but I've definitely heard that with some it just doesn't look right.

I like the look of the XL, tho.

#126 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

The PSV deal is tempting but I think I'll just wait for the inevitable Uncharted black friday bundle.

ostzsk.jpg

#127 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

I think it looks great. Much better than playing DS games on the 3DS. The XL's resolution is the same as the originals, just bigger.

#128 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

I actually did pick up LA Noire for $10 @Target.
but I got it for 360. The box hypnotized me into buying it.

What about GTA?

GTA4 performs a bit better on the 360. The PS3 version has all the content on one disc whereas the 360 version on the main game on one disc and the two DLC episodes on a second disc.

#129 gsclare

gsclare

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

If i purchased ac rev last week with my 20 off coupon can I go this week and price match add the preorder and get my $20 gift card? Do you think Target will do that? Thanks.

#130 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

GTA4 performs a bit better on the 360. The PS3 version has all the content on one disc whereas the 360 version on the main game on one disc and the two DLC episodes on a second disc.

Sounds like the story of every multi-platform game.

#131 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sounds like the story of every multi-platform game.

While that use to be the case, the quality of cross platform games has evened out much more in recent years. Keep in mind that GTA4 is four years old and was being developed right around the time when developers were still struggling to wrap their heads around the PS3's hardware.

#132 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

The $20 GC ain't bad

#133 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yes, it's in-store as well. :) Might finally pick up MW3 and filler.

#134 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Does the gift card deal apply to the mario 3d land bundle as well?

Isn't the Mario bundle 210?

Wouldn't you be better off buying a 3DS then using the giftcard on Mario later?

seanr1221.png

#135 dizwikedcbr

dizwikedcbr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

does anyone know if best buy would price match on the 2 for $60 deals?

#136 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

If i purchased ac rev last week with my 20 off coupon can I go this week and price match add the preorder and get my $20 gift card? Do you think Target will do that? Thanks.

Not sure but I went this morning cause I bought a couple to resale (ac:r) with receipt target was only refunding me the 9.99 and was unwilling to do the whole $29.99 even after I told them that I would be losing my 2 trades, they just told me to go to cell phone department to sort it out but figured not worth the trouble so left. Went to Walmart with no receipt and got $42 and change lol.

#137 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thanks OP bought the vita with all the credit I got from trading and selling from the certificate deal. Can anyone say brand new vita with free game and card for under $120 I can lol

#138 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Anyone know if the titles in the OP (part of the $20GC promotion) are on sale or are they all MSRP?

#139 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

I've noticed that when I'm playing multiplayer and I get whizzing along at a decent clip in either a chopper or a car some parts of the environment suffer from pop-in. It's very severe at times, where whole blocks of the city will turn into a blue screen and then the buildings will finally materialize after another 5-10 seconds.:shock: But I think this is likely because the GTA games are constantly streaming stuff from the disc and maybe the lens in the PS3 just can't keep up.:-#

By the way, Duke Nukem Forever is down to $4.99 in store. I grabbed a copy for PS3, since I never finished it when I had it before.

I also picked up four pre-owned games(God Of War III, Two Worlds II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Burnout Paradise) and a new copy of Disney Universe while there.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#140 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Do you need GTA IV to play the DLC? or can i buy the DLC disc or on XBLA and play them without owning GTAIV?

Beat GTA IV and have no interest in buying or playing it again but i hear great things about the 2 DLC.

The downloadable versions require the GTA IV disc to play, but the standalone disc version of the Episodes doesn't need it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#141 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

does anyone know if best buy would price match on the 2 for $60 deals?

Yes they do but I would really want to price match at target where they are also giving $20 gc for each game.

#142 robhimself

robhimself

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

I went to my local BB today (Colma, CA) and tried to get them to match the 19.99 Darkness II tweet. Got rejected by the manager because they only go by what pops up in the system. Blast.

#143 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

I managed to price match the Vita deal at my Best Buy. Total was just under $270 after tax for the wifi vita, Unit 13, and 4G memory card. Not too bad considering I'm getting $10 in reward zone from it as well!

#144 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Anyone know if the titles in the OP (part of the $20GC promotion) are on sale or are they all MSRP?

I stopped in at a Target today and AC:R was $60.

#145 Violator

Violator

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

hey everyone, i'm new to the forum... I hope all is well & blessed with you all...

suck it

#146 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

If AC:R was still at 30$ then it'd be a good deal, but somehow I doubt it. Might as well just wait until BBY drops it to 30$ again and use the Gamer mag to get another 20$ off.

#147 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

suck it

Lol couldn't stop laughing at this "suck it" lol lol lol lol lol

#148 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

On the 360 version of NBA 2K12 does anyone know if the Legends DLC is:

1. a one time redeemable code or
2. play directly from the disc or
3. installs to HD from the disc?

Hail to Pitt!

#149 Ender Thy Wrath

Ender Thy Wrath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Is it true that some of the DS games don't look as good on the larger screen? Do these units suffer from the infamous DS Lite wobbly screen? :bouncy:

I have an XL and yeah the screen is a bit wobbly but not to the point where its a bother. As for the games I did a side by side comparison with NSMB there was almost no difference the only thing i did notice is that the pixels are noticeable. What I mean by that is when I looked at the title screen the NSMB name on the dsi was a solid white color and on the XL I could notice each pixel.

#150 SmokeFlare

SmokeFlare

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Would you be able to get Battlefield PM from BBY for $20, purchase the game, place the pre-order and get the $20 GC? I'm kinda new to CAG posting, but, been following for a while. ^____^