Lord of the Rings War in the North CE 360/PS3 $40 at BB

You can easily edit the thread title, OP--just click the "Edit" button for your post then click "Go Advanced" at the bottom.

I ordered one. I love the quiver. Like everyone else i will be snapping the disc in half since it is virtually unfinishable with all of the glitches

[quote name='Vigilante']You can easily edit the thread title, OP--just click the "Edit" button for your post then click "Go Advanced" at the bottom.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Been here all this time and I "lernt" something :)

[quote name='chunlirocks']I ordered one. I love the quiver. Like everyone else i will be snapping the disc in half since it is virtually unfinishable with all of the glitches[/QUOTE]Instead of snapping the disc in half, you could trade it back in to BBY for $18/$19.20 (w/ GCU) after the 50% extra credit (NOTE: This is for the :ps3: version, as the :360: version is worth $2 less base). Then it's like you bought the quiver and stuff for $20, which might be a pretty good deal for some.

Not for me, though. :cool:

Hmmmm..$20 map and quiver which can then be converted into a backpack for my daughter.... She'll be the coolest kid in daycare that's for sure :whistle2:k

[quote name='shadow17x']Hmmmm..$20 map and quiver which can then be converted into a backpack for my daughter.... She'll be the coolest kid in daycare that's for sure :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

They would throw her out and call Homeland security if she walked in with a quiver and 2 plastic arrows.

[quote name='Wanderlai']They would throw her out and call Homeland security if she walked in with a quiver and 2 plastic arrows.[/QUOTE]

but she's pretending to be Pocohantas. :p

picked this up when gs had it for 40 and used a pur certificate to knock it down to 15. anyhoo, i've played only about 2-3 hrs, but that whole time has been spent sitting in the pub and gambling with the munchkin guy and his 'riddles.' dunno y but i find solving his riddles and making money lots of fun. so, umm..yeah... get this game if you like solving riddles?

side note, the bonus disc is just a dvd with a couple tracks (2-3) from the soundtrack and a video of inon zur and how he made the music. kinda underwhelming, but like i said, betting money to solve riddles is fun.

Damn should have waited.. ugh. I really need to work on this patience thing, especially with my backlog. Damnit.

[quote name='chunlirocks']I ordered one. I love the quiver. Like everyone else i will be snapping the disc in half since it is virtually unfinishable with all of the glitches[/QUOTE]

I was worried too but my playthrough was glitch-free on PS3, and my brother's was on his 360 copy. It's a shame that a lot of people got screwed but keep in mind they would obviously be the vocal ones spreading their experiences on the internet compared to the average player that encounters no or very few problems.

Rented this game when it was released and I played thru the campaign glitch free. Picking one up, not a bad game for those who love Dark Alliance.

[quote name='PublikDefender']what's the best way to get this the LEAST damaged: ship to store or shipped to home?[/QUOTE]

whichever one you end up not choosing... :)

BB let me down on their ME3 CE shipment to my house.

i think its because that fit in an envelope. the only way they could ship this lotr ce is in a box, and the general consensus here is if the ce doesn't fit in an envelope, bb shipping has been pretty good.
i got skyrim ce, kz3 helghast, mw2 prestige, and bioshock 2 ce all shipped in the manufacturers shipping boxes, so they all arrived perfect.

[quote name='confoosious']whichever one you end up not choosing... :)

BB let me down on their ME3 CE shipment to my house.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']whichever one you end up not choosing... :)

BB let me down on their ME3 CE shipment to my house.[/QUOTE]
Ok, ship to store it is.
[quote name='technicalstylez']i think its because that fit in an envelope. the only way they could ship this lotr ce is in a box, and the general consensus here is if the ce doesn't fit in an envelope, bb shipping has been pretty good.
i got skyrim ce, kz3 helghast, mw2 prestige, and bioshock 2 ce all shipped in the manufacturers shipping boxes, so they all arrived perfect.[/QUOTE]
Ok, but didn't see your message until after I placed my order.

So I got it shipped to store. Used my Disney universe store credit so buying this was a no-brainer. How the hell was the msrp $140 though? That's just crazy. I feel like I'm barely getting my money's worth at $40.

[quote name='PublikDefender']what's the best way to get this the LEAST damaged: ship to store or shipped to home?[/QUOTE]

several ship to home from BB arrived in perfect condition; one store pick steel case was bent, according to my experience, my local BB sucks, things got damanged in this store's warehouse.

Damn, I really like the extras (quiver looks awesome) but I just checked out the IGN review and the game looks very mediocre.

Maybe worth holding out until this thing goes on clearance for 20-30?

[quote name='majorjohn']several ship to home from BB arrived in perfect condition; one store pick steel case was bent, according to my experience, my local BB sucks, things got damanged in this store's warehouse.[/QUOTE]
oh yeah, i forgot that they send a game from store/warehouse closest to you if you ship to store. fine, i just cancelled my order. will re-order it and have them ship to home.

Ship to Store wouldn't be s bad deal if you are buying other thing. If you add another $60 to that you'll get a free $10 gift card. Of course that is if there's $60 more you want to spend

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Ship to Store wouldn't be s bad deal if you are buying other thing. If you add another $60 to that you'll get a free $10 gift card. Of course that is if there's $60 more you want to spend[/QUOTE]

Combine this, a B2G1 on the DotW, BF3 and a filler :)

There's your $100.

[quote name='k1ngster']doesnt this come with a statue/figure?[/QUOTE]
There was a snow-troll figurine that came with a pre-order/launch day purchase of the game. They're selling them for $10 in stores now if you can find them.

I got the troll when I bought a X360 SW Edition for free at the BB in FL.... The other BB, in VA, I went to was selling the same troll for 9.99...

[quote name='FlipSide']Rented this game when it was released and I played thru the campaign glitch free. Picking one up, not a bad game for those who love Dark Alliance.[/QUOTE]

In what way is this like Baldur's Gate DA?

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']Do these still come with the best buy exclusive troll/dwarf figurine if ordered online or was that preorders only?[/QUOTE]

i saw the trolls for $9.99 , originally they where to be given to those that bought the game. i haven't seen any for a few months..

[quote name='chunlirocks']I ordered one. I love the quiver. Like everyone else i will be snapping the disc in half since it is virtually unfinishable with all of the glitches[/QUOTE]

That's retarded. I beat this game three times and loved it. I can't remember running into a single game-breaking glitch.

Yeah, saw a statue on their counter and was told they were free w/ purchase of the game. pretty sweet deal for 40. ;)
How does the statue show on the receipt when purchasing the game?

Yeah, I saw the statue and was told that it was free if you buy the game. pretty sweet deal for 40. ;)
How does the statue show on the receipt when purchasing the game?
I think Ill buy and trade in.

bread's done
Back