The Official CAG May 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

These are April pickups, but I didn't get around to posting them in the last thread.

Fortune Street from GoHastings 33% off, Disney Universe from the Best Buy sale.
3864e83e.jpg

The Second City book from a local used book store.
ad62479b.jpg

Skylanders $22.xx shipped and 100% complete from GoHastings 33% off sale.
93d48166.jpg

P1010675.jpg

Fable 3- $3.76 As Is from Target Clearance
Infamous- $8.98 Target Clearance
Jackass 3.5- $2.78 Online Item Target Clearance
Gears of War 3- $9.99 after Target Promo last week
Mass Effect- $15 Amazon
Perfect Dark Zero CE- $10 Amazon
FF8 (PC)- $8 Craigslist
Oblivion- Goozex

Target Sale stuff

2012-04-29-124419 by kermit036, on Flickr

Random stuff

2012-04-29-124527 by kermit036, on Flickr
Found Diablo at a thrift store (may go in the trade pile). Picked up Goldeye at Big Lots for the controller. Found Infinite Space at a Gamestop. And finally picked up Tingle's Rosey Ruppeland. This game is weird but very fun.

Music:

2012-04-29-124623 by kermit036, on Flickr

Misc nerdy stuff:

2012-04-29-124714 by kermit036, on Flickr

2012-04-29-124741 by kermit036, on Flickr
found those model sets at a thrift store complete and only for a few $s

Not going to post pics unless requested because the system is in atrocious condition.

Bought a white Wii with the cords and a Monopoly game for $20 total. The owner really needed money. It was $30 at first but I talked him down :D Work fine but damn is it in bad shape. Needs a lot of cleaning. Also the GC controller slot cover was gone :/

Oh well I'll still make a profit when I sell this online anyway.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Not going to post pics unless requested because the system is in atrocious condition.

Bought a white Wii with the cords and a Monopoly game for $20 total. The owner really needed money. It was $30 at first but I talked him down :D Work fine but damn is it in bad shape. Needs a lot of cleaning. Also the GC controller slot cover was gone :/

Oh well I'll still make a profit when I sell this online anyway.[/QUOTE]

Nice, post up some pics!

2012-05-02210330.jpg

Well here it is. It's actually a lot cleaner after I washed the sides a bit. There was originally a lot of dirt. Now there's just some scratches on the sides.

Also I am picking up another great deal tomorrow- Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360 HDD, Black Ops, and a white 360 wireless controller for $35 :D Excellent start for this month!

2012-05-03135907.jpg

Well here's what I picked up for $32. Not as great condition as I hoped for the controller it's pretty used. but I finally have the hard drive that matches with my system :)

Random side not, but what are some good YouTubers that upload pick-ups? AlphaOmegaSin and HellDestroyer77 (also a fellow CAG who posts his videos here) are two of my favorites.

[quote name='Tsel']Random side not, but what are some good YouTubers that upload pick-ups? AlphaOmegaSin and HellDestroyer77 (also a fellow CAG who posts his videos here) are two of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

You should just make a new thread and ask this in general. Might make for an interesting read.

[quote name='Squarehard']You should just make a new thread and ask this in general. Might make for an interesting read.[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but any idea where to post it? I also noticed I said side "not". :lol:

[quote name='Tsel']Good idea, but any idea where to post it? I also noticed I said side "not". :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think this section would be fine, since it is a discussion of shopping of sorts.

Also, I think I'm confused as what you meant by "Random side not" as I'm not familiar with that expression or what it's in reference to. :*(

[quote name='Squarehard']I think this section would be fine, since it is a discussion of shopping of sorts.

Also, I think I'm confused as what you meant by "Random side not" as I'm not familiar with that expression or what it's in reference to. :*([/QUOTE]
Instead of random side NOTE, I said NOT, lol.

[quote name='Tsel']Instead of random side NOTE, I said NOT, lol.[/QUOTE]

Ah, it all makes perfect sense now. But still in response, I think it's in the right section and thread, but you'll probably get actual responses if you had it in its own thread. But it all makes sense now. ^__^

[quote name='Tsel']Random side not, but what are some good YouTubers that upload pick-ups? AlphaOmegaSin and HellDestroyer77 (also a fellow CAG who posts his videos here) are two of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the mention!

[quote name='Zaku77']Thank you for the mention![/QUOTE]

No problem! I would've mentioned you by your CAG name, but I couldn't remember it. :lol:

I love your videos and I actually found out about AlphaOmegaSin through your channel as well.

[quote name='Tsel']No problem! I would've mentioned you by your CAG name, but I couldn't remember it. :lol:

I love your videos and I actually found out about AlphaOmegaSin through your channel as well.[/QUOTE]

He is a goofy son of a bitch. That's for sure! lol

I started playing the Gears of War 3 I picked up last week, I took quite the liking to the game so I decided to start the franchise from the beginning. Itook my Gears of War 3 and 360 copy of NBA 2K11 and traded it to my best friend for his 360 copy of Skyrim and his 360 copy of Mass Effect 2 that I sold to him last summer (sold it to him for 20 bucks along with a Tori Black highlight DVD :lol:)

Me and my friend then took a trip down to my local game store and traded in the Skyrim he traded me and my 360 copy of Battlefield. With that 60 dollar credit I picked up-
P1010676.jpg

:ps3: Skyrim- $49.99
:360: Gears of War- $3.99
:360: Gears of War 2- $7.99

also pictured is the Mass Effect 2 I traded for.

Not pictured were a few DVDs I picked up from that game store:
Coach Carter-sealed- $1.99
Cast Away- $1.99
Nacho Libre- $1.99

I'm now lookin forward to pickin up GOW3 again once I beat the first 2. I'm also lookin at giving the Assassin's Creed series a try again once I complete my backlog. :D

Got a bunch of copies of Uncharted 3 last week from Target's $20 two crap game trade in.

Traded in one copy of UC3 to BB for Silent Hill Collections
xbox360.gif
. Game isn't as good as the originals (a few issues) but I sold my PC copy of Silent Hill 2 on Amazon last year for $50 and sold my PC copy of Silent Hill 3 on Amazon this year for $35. I miss them.

Yesterday, traded in another copy of UC3 to BB along with Duke Nukem Forever. Picked up UFC Undisputed 3
xbox360.gif
. After it was all said and done I paid around $10 out of pocket after trade-in. (UFC U3 is on sale for $39.99. So I pretty much got it for $19.99)

[quote name='Calipso']Got a bunch of copies of Uncharted 3 last week from Target's $20 two crap game trade in.

Traded in one copy of UC3 to BB for Silent Hill Collections :360:. Game isn't as good as the originals (a few issues) but I sold my PC copy of Silent Hill 2 on Amazon last year for $50 and sold my PC copy of Silent Hill 3 on Amazon this year for $35. I miss them.

Yesterday, traded in another copy of UC3 to BB along with Duke Nukem Forever. Picked up UFC Undisputed 3 :360:. After it was all said and done I paid around $10 out of pocket after trade-in. (UFC U3 is on sale for $39.99. So I pretty much got it for $19.99)[/QUOTE]

Have you played UFC Undisputed 3 yet? How much do you think would be a nice price for it? I really want to buy it but I can't shake the feeling that the price is going to drop soon.

[quote name='PocketIguodala']Have you played UFC Undisputed 3 yet? How much do you think would be a nice price for it? I really want to buy it but I can't shake the feeling that the price is going to drop soon.[/QUOTE]

Well, I paid $9.99 for Uncharted 3. Uncharted 3 traded in for $27. I paid maybe $10-12 out of pocket after the trade in.

For $20-$22 it's pretty fun. Online mode is very difficult because there are so many experienced players. Even a "friendly" non-ranked game turns into me getting my face reemed in.

It's worth a Redbox rental at least. I played it on PS3 and didn't think it was that good. Played it on XBox360 and I'm enjoying it. The 360 controller makes a difference for me.

Last April pick-up (just came in today):

grabbed this on ebay, complete with CD and club nintendo code for $22 shipped (before the $19 target sale)
2e6969f6.jpg

and the first stuff I actually bought in march:
a7b5eb40.jpg

Paid $5 for The Show 09. I hadn't bought a new show game since this one because I've played several seasons and built a minor league system. But the disc got scratched and kept freezing so I bought this as a replacement. Kororinpa Marble Mania was an impulse while I was in GS for The Show. I'd rented it in the past and enjoyed it and decided to grab it while I was there.

2012-05-09_20-38-21_263.jpg

Mario Party 2 is Box/Manual only for $7 and DKC3 is CIB for $24; are both from Ebay. The bottom two are from GS, and unfortunately Resistance is missing the manual(if anyone happens to have an extra, let me know!).

2012-05-09_20-40-24_563.jpg

I loved the first artbook, so I was definitely getting the second one, and the Wavebird was from a trade with a fellow CAG.

2012-05-09_20-44-12_80.jpg

The first part of a bundle from an awesome CAG.

2012-05-09_20-52-31_653.jpg

Om nom nom Portal gun. I'm definitely hanging on to this considering how awesome of condition the box was. I am now just contemplating if I ever want to open it...

These last few are some that I got swinging by some yard sales over the weekend(I already posted these 3 in the Yard Sale thread, so forgive me for being redundant).

2012-05-06_14-23-22_401.jpg

I found the wireless card for 25 cents, the phone for 50 cents, and the N64 game for $2. I should be able to flip the phone to at least cover my $18 expenses on the day.

I'm not really at all interested in that particular N64 game, but I found it odd that it was the only game on the table. I asked the owners if they had any more, of which he said he has a big box of them somewhere in his garage, and will get to it eventually. He took my number and said he'd give me a call when he find them, so I'm really, really hoping he comes through.

2012-05-06_14-24-29_391.jpg

The PS1 was $5, and I almost passed on it until I noticed that a/v cables coming out the back ("Audiophile" model).

The gun was only 25 cents, and it happens to be my first piece of Sega Master System paraphernalia some how.

2012-05-06_12-52-04_167.jpg

All for $1 a piece, figured I couldn't go wrong. I actually need a few of them to beef up my PS2 collection, but I'll be trading away the GHs and Dead Space(top right). If only it was Battlefront II on the Xbox :(

Kind of an interesting pick-up for me here. Bought this for $6.xx from Amazon with free prime 2-day.

32394864.jpg

And here is why: I heard about the mini-games. This game has very interesting minigames for a basketball game. Nobody has it for rent and everywhere else that is still selling it wants $10+ still. I'm pretty sure GS wants $14 used for some reason. Anyway, I needed a cheap fairly recent bball handheld game anyway so I figured that plus the minigames I really wanted to play made it a decent buy.

Here is a pic of what i'm talking about:
e4201fc4.jpg

Plus Brandon Roy is on the cover and that's something considering time will sadly likely forget him due to how short his career ended up being.

ba95fd34e3964c5998d0330.jpg

6f4132012e974682b831645.jpg

2bd5d92a403a4791a2eb075.jpg

I think this is all i've got so far this month. this is actually my second copy of The Guy Game and Kotor: II. I don't really want the guy game game though but i found both at the thrift store so i want to sell them or trade them.

Actually everything here i got for real cheap. Except vanquish and turtles in time, I just really wanted to play those. Vanquish is awesome so far.

bread's done
Back