Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#3061 silverrat23

silverrat23

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

I actually have another question - where is this Scratch & Match app? I tried looking for it on the Dash but couldn't. I even went into the Games section and couldn't find it. Tried to refresh the Dash several times and nothing.

Or maybe my Dash decided to pull a good one on me.

Have you tried the App Marketplace yet?

#3062 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

I actually have another question - where is this Scratch & Match app? I tried looking for it on the Dash but couldn't. I even went into the Games section and couldn't find it. Tried to refresh the Dash several times and nothing.

Or maybe my Dash decided to pull a good one on me.

It's in the Sales & Specials app.

#3063 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Have you tried the App Marketplace yet?

I actually have looked in the App marketplace as well. Saw the usual stuff like Youtube, Zune, etc. But no sales app. Ok will give it another try later.

#3064 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

Skullgirls is off the 800 points or less page without a drop. Dammit.

#3065 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

There is no "savings" happening on unplayed games though. Think about game #50 on your backlog. The fiftieth game you would play if given infinite time. You are simply never going to play this game. Games are going to keep getting released, you are going to keep buying games, and that game will be pushed farther down the list.

Or maybe you get through a decent chunk of backlog... even if it's up to #25 out of 25... you're still never going to play it.

If you are buying games at a faster pace than you are playing them, you are ultimately wasting money, no matter how good a deal you think you got in the first place.

That's my take.

I guess. I don't really agree but to each their own.

Sorry to hear that for those that were looking to purchase it. It's already been on sale on PSN so maybe XBL will see a sale on it soon.

Also, when putting together a spreadsheet to share online, what's a good way to share it? Google Docs the best or are there other good options as well?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3066 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Also, when putting together a spreadsheet to share online, what's a good way to share it? Google Docs the best or are there other good options as well?

i'll say Google Docs. I know the XBLA Game Room Medals are maintained by Edward & Chromium using Google docs to update & keep track of such stuff and it's public to all. Updates are frequent too.

#3067 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

Google Docs is indeed the way to go, Mr. BookKeeper.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#3068 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

Wait. What happend with Skullgirls? I don't get it.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#3069 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

Google Docs is indeed the way to go, Mr. BookKeeper.

:D Thanks.

Here is the link for the updated list of all the games that have never gone on sale on XBLA from 1/1/2010 to today. (I'm pretty sure I posted it right through Google Docs). I'll throw it in my sig too. Let me know if there are any problems with the link.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3070 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Wait. What happend with Skullgirls? I don't get it.

It showed up in the 800 Points Or Less part of the game marketplace (deal) for the past couple of days and was finally (suddenly) removed. I guess i'll hold out a bit longer for it as well. Hopefully it'll have an active online community by then
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3071 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

Were people talking about co-op? I got the impression that people were just talking about single-player specifically.

I think it started when you said that the Splosion series was easy and I was replying that the co-op mode would change your opinion as it's definitely hard to coordinate 2 people exploding at the right times in the right directions. And then make it 4 people and chaos ensues.

#3072 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

You don't get to tell anyone else they're doing it wrong. They are doing what they want.

I understand why people would get defensive, but the logic behind his point is sound. If you are buying <$5 games just because they're cheap but never playing them, you aren't really saving money. Saving money is when you buy something that you wanted at a high price wants it hits a low price. If you buy a game that you never had interest in just because it's <$5 and then you never play that game, it's not saving money. It's really wasting it.

Hey, I've got a backlog like everybody else, but I've decided to at least try to address the problem. The "hoarder on a budget" line that somebody used earlier in the thread was harsh, but right on the money.

#3073 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

It showed up in the 800 Points Or Less part of the game marketplace (deal) for the past couple of days and was finally (suddenly) removed. I guess i'll hold out a bit longer for it as well. Hopefully it'll have an active online community by then

Damn... I have the demo downloaded ready for a price drop too. Oh well, thanks for the clarification.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#3074 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

I think it started when you said that the Splosion series was easy and I was replying that the co-op mode would change your opinion as it's definitely hard to coordinate 2 people exploding at the right times in the right directions. And then make it 4 people and chaos ensues.

People were talking about both games being way too hard in SP, so naturally, I talked about both of them. I wasn't talking about co-op since it's a completely different experience in its own campaign.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3075 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

The single player experience in the Splosion Man games is fairly tedious and forgettable. Co-op is where these games really shine. I would say don't even bother with them unless you have a friend to play it with.

#3076 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Might get Hydro Thunder Hurricane and Toy Soldiers: Cold War. From my understanding of reading the original post, those two are available at the discounted price to silver members?

I'm going to try and jump on all the exclusive 360 arcade games. Sales really help too!

#3077 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

does anybody know when the summer of arcade actually starts up if there will be a game giveaway game like last time (last time it was balloon popping game)

#3078 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

does anybody know when the summer of arcade actually starts up if there will be a game giveaway game like last time (last time it was balloon popping game)

Really hope to have some codes giveaway. I never have luck in these, but would be nice to get some of the games cheaper from some cag user. :)

#3079 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Here's my review of Jeremy McGrath's Offroad for XBLA. It's an 800 Point arcade racer - pretty fun and easy overall.

-Paul Acevedo

#3080 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Really hope to have some codes giveaway. I never have luck in these, but would be nice to get some of the games cheaper from some cag user. :)

i never won a code either, but yeah it would be good to get a bit cheaper.

#3081 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Any thoughts on Dungeon Fighter yet?!?

edit*FAIL On my part....I figured it came out today...looks like its Friday.

#3082 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD is coming to XBLA! Now there's a Capcom fighter I didn't expect to see rereleased.

Any thoughts on Dungeon Fighter yet?!?

Reviewing it and I'm enjoying it so far. Lobby system is a bit weird - you have to break up the party to go to town, and then you can reform it when you're on the level select screen. There is no actual online matchmaking - you have to invite friends or party. But building up your character and hunting for loot is extremely fun. (And of course, you could play Dungeon Fighter Online on PC for a taste of what it's like.)

-Paul Acevedo

#3083 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

The single player experience in the Splosion Man games is fairly tedious and forgettable. Co-op is where these games really shine. I would say don't even bother with them unless you have a friend to play it with.

I had an amazing time with both Splosioin man single player campaigns. Very challenging and rewarding gameplay.

Might get Hydro Thunder Hurricane and Toy Soldiers: Cold War. From my understanding of reading the original post, those two are available at the discounted price to silver members?

I'm going to try and jump on all the exclusive 360 arcade games. Sales really help too!

Yes both those should be available to both Gold and Silver/Free members.

#3084 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

There is no actual online matchmaking - you have to invite friends or party. But building up your character and hunting for loot is extremely fun. (And of course, you could play Dungeon Fighter Online on PC for a taste of what it's like.)

No matchmaking at all? What if you dont have friends to invite?
Posted Image

#3085 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD is coming to XBLA! Now there's a Capcom fighter I didn't expect to see rereleased.

Reviewing it and I'm enjoying it so far. Lobby system is a bit weird - you have to break up the party to go to town, and then you can reform it when you're on the level select screen. There is no actual online matchmaking - you have to invite friends or party. But building up your character and hunting for loot is extremely fun. (And of course, you could play Dungeon Fighter Online on PC for a taste of what it's like.)

Love to hear this. I think I was the only one amongst my friends that appreciated Jojo's Bizarre Adventure when it released on the dreamcast and playstation. Very excited for this!

#3086 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

I can't believe Jojo made it to XBLA/PSN before the Alpha games.

Tragedy!!

Oh, well, I can't wait to get it.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#3087 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Gears of War 3 - 2400 ($30.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Michael Phelps: Push The Limit - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb

#3088 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

No matchmaking at all? What if you dont have friends to invite?

I only messed with Dungeon Fighter Live for ~45 minutes, but we didn't see matchmaking. It supports local co-op too though.

-Paul Acevedo

#3089 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I only messed with Dungeon Fighter Live for ~45 minutes, but we didn't see matchmaking. It supports local co-op too though.

There are few codes in the trading board and i got one cheaper and played around hour. It's only party options from what i saw. :S
Would be a problem, because almost no one will buy it from my friends.

#3090 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

There are few codes in the trading board and i got one cheaper and played around hour. There are only party options from what i saw. :S
Would be a problem, because almost no one will buy it from my friends.

It's definitely a bit of a drag. Maybe it's because everyone can grab the loot and they didn't want griefing, I dunno. You should make more XBLA friends though! I'm sure 5-10 of my own friends will get it.

Edited by eastx, 11 July 2012 - 03:52 PM.

-Paul Acevedo