XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#301 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:22 AM

What started as a simple post, got so long I decided it was best to turn it into a blog instead.

http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=24071

Bumper Fail
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#302 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

A spectacular week of Tom Clancy DLC that's all already been on sale somewhat recently and Hero DLC that mostly, or perhaps totally, has been discounted before. :-T

Maybe I'll bite on LINKIN PARK SONGS! for the hell of it, but not a single one is a tune I recognize from my younger days, so...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#303 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Minecraft just went live! :D

#304 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Minecraft just went live! :D

Downloading the trial to see what all the fuss is about

#305 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

A spectacular week of Tom Clancy DLC that's all already been on sale somewhat recently and Hero DLC that mostly, or perhaps totally, has been discounted before. :-T

Maybe I'll bite on LINKIN PARK SONGS! for the hell of it, but not a single one is a tune I recognize from my younger days, so...

If you don't recognize them from your younger days then the songs probably suck. They really went downhill after their 2nd cd.

#306 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Just so no one misses it, Minecraft is $15 from Best Buy. Thread here.

#307 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Man, I am already burnt out on Minecraft without even playing 1 second of the game. With all this hype it is bound to be a disappointment.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#308 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...2&id=1000002488

You can get a code via email for Minecraft from Bestbuy.com for $15.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#309 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

Man, I am already burnt out on Minecraft without even playing 1 second of the game. With all this hype it is bound to be a disappointment.

If you expect an actual game, you'll be disappointed.

If you are open to a toy that you can play with other people and glean experiences and stories from that will last long after you're not playing it... then you'll appreciate it.

#310 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

I didn't get all the Minecraft hype, but I played for over 2 hours yesterday and had a blast. Going back for more tonight, gotta find some more iron!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#311 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

:lol: at that 1 star customer review at BBY

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#312 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Just so no one misses it, Minecraft is $15 from Best Buy. Thread here.

Thanks
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#313 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'd guess that that'll be the normal price at Best Buy according to their past "deals" since I believe they still sell Fat Princess for PSN at the same price it's been for a couple of years now.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#314 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

The best buy price for Minecraft is up to $20. So it seems their $15 price wasn't a sale, but a mistake.

Crunchewy.png

#315 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Now that Minecraft is here... My full, not-just-impressions review of Fable Heroes finally ran at Co-Optimus today. Please check it out and agree or disagree!

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#316 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

The best buy price for Minecraft is up to $20. So it seems their $15 price wasn't a sale, but a mistake.

I went into a Best Buy here in Metro Atlanta and purchased it for $15 at just after 7 pm today (5/9/12) so maybe YMMV?
No tax on it either so it was $15 even, take that Microsoft!:booty:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#317 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

I went into a Best Buy here in Metro Atlanta and purchased it for $15 at just after 7 pm today (5/9/12) so maybe YMMV?

When I checked the leaderboards about 10 hours after it went on sale there were 170,000 people on it. Microsoft's cut of your $15 tipped a valet at a very expensive restaurant tonight. :)

#318 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

Now that Minecraft is here... My full, not-just-impressions review of Fable Heroes finally ran at Co-Optimus today. Please check it out and agree or disagree!

While I fully understand that, first, you didn't write the Shank 2 review, and, second, using numerical scores as a way of quantifying games as innately superior, inferior, or equivalent at a review site is absurd... I still wretch at the idea that Shank 2 and Fable Heroes received the same numerical score, even from a co-op standpoint.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#319 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

When I checked the leaderboards about 10 hours after it went on sale there were 170,000 people on it. Microsoft's cut of your $15 tipped a valet at a very expensive restaurant tonight. :)

I haven't even activated it yet but that is pretty high numbers early on. I'm curious as to what their cut out of the $15 is but I'd guess the extra $5 would have went straight to them. (To help pay for advertisements on the dashboard?;))

I'd guess that Micro$oft bigwigs eat at expensive restaurants with or without my help. In comparison, for lunch today I used double freebie coupon deals to get 2 hotdogs and a 32oz peach tea from a Racetrac convenience store rollergrill and fountain station. $0/Free Lunch (not even gasoline), take that usual-pack-a-lunch-at-home routine! :lol:

Edited by chuckie88, 10 May 2012 - 05:02 AM.
Forgot to add quote

-Trying to think of something creative.-

#320 star65

star65

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

on the dash there is a horro sale.
i click it and some horror movies are 100 msp and there are some other horror movies cheap. then i see a tab for games so i go to it and see resident evil 4. i get excited and click it and the price is still the same.
what is the point of having a sale tab and nothing on sale.

#321 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

Is the Graw 1 and 2 co op dlc any good? I was thinking about getting them since I just picked them up.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#322 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

I won a Code for Minecraft today =) so I'm very happy to save 1600 MSP hehe =)

#323 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Just bought Bubble Bobble Neo and i'm glad i did it. Have a blast with the game again! :D
I doubt this one will go on sale.

#324 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

on the dash there is a horro sale.
i click it and some horror movies are 100 msp and there are some other horror movies cheap. then i see a tab for games so i go to it and see resident evil 4. i get excited and click it and the price is still the same.
what is the point of having a sale tab and nothing on sale.

If true, what a pisser. I'd be so upset to see that and I'd have the same line of thought. Well, maybe RE4 and Crysis will get a discount someday......in 2014

#325 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Just bought Bubble Bobble Neo and i'm glad i did it. Have a blast with the game again! :D

Does the game have infinite continues? That has been a requirement of mine for these old-skool games as of late.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#326 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yup, I bought it about 2 months ago, finally caved in because I was tired of waiting for a drop. Had a blast playing through it again (all 3 different modes) and my brother enjoyed it too.

Does the game have infinite continues? That has been a requirement of mine for these old-skool games as of late.

Yes it does.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#327 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Just an FYI: Some of you have some extra MSPs to spend now. Today I got 350 reward MSPs deposited to my account that I earned in April (300 from the promotion and another 50 for survey + renewal).

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#328 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Just an FYI: Some of you have some extra MSPs to spend now. Today I got 350 reward MSPs deposited to my account that I earned in April (300 from the promotion and another 50 for survey + renewal).

Got 120, i was lazy to do the 300MSP promo. Thanks for the heads up.

#329 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

I was [too] lazy to do the 300MSP promo.

Ditto.

#330 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Free Minecraft code for raptr users

You must link your facebook account to raptr and be ranked dedicated or better in one of the following games:

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-Total Miner: Forge (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

It took a few minutes for mine to show as eligible after linking my FB account. I also ran the raptr client, but not sure if that mattered.