• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#331 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Free Minecraft code for raptr users

You must link your facebook account to raptr and be ranked dedicated or better in one of the following games:

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-Total Miner: Forge (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

It took a few minutes for mine to show as eligible after linking my FB account. I also ran the raptr client, but not sure if that mattered.

Heheh was keeping an eye on this all morning, but all for nothing. I have the XBLA games but haven't played one minute of any of them. Oh well.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#332 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

You must link your facebook account to raptr and be ranked dedicated or better in one of the following games:

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

It took a few minutes for mine to show as eligible after linking my FB account. I also ran the raptr client, but not sure if that mattered.

Thanks for the heads up! Now time to give this to a friend so he can play with me!

EDIT: Thanks again for the heads up louiedog! I essentially now have 4 copies of the game for $16!

Edited by Geco17, 10 May 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#333 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

While I fully understand that, first, you didn't write the Shank 2 review, and, second, using numerical scores as a way of quantifying games as innately superior, inferior, or equivalent at a review site is absurd... I still wretch at the idea that Shank 2 and Fable Heroes received the same numerical score, even from a co-op standpoint.

Heh, well. We use a rubric and take co-op features into account, such as the ability for local and online players to join the same game. That said, I didn't review or play Shank 2, so not sure how I'd rate it, co-op or otherwise.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#334 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Damn, I have a few of those, but just don't have the right rank. I need 6 more hours to get dedicated in Trials.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#335 djsmf435

djsmf435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I just got my code from Raptr about 2 minutes ago! Dl'ing now.

#336 ChicoChanqlueta

ChicoChanqlueta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Awesome! Just barely made the cut with Bastion so I just got Minecraft for free.
Posted Image

#337 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

Bummer, I know I'd be Dedicated in Bastion, but I'm away and have no access to my 360. I just joined Raptr a few minutes ago, but for some reason they have none of my Xbox 360 achievement info.

#338 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'm dedictated in Orcs Must Die, sweet!

Edited by tylerh1701, 10 May 2012 - 07:08 PM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#339 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm dedictated in Orcs Must Die, I guess if I link my raptr to my Facebook I can get the code. Don't really want to, but if I can get the code and sell it for a few bucks, it will help pay for the code I bought yesterday.

How much would you want for it?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#340 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

Millions of thanks Louiedog!

And thank you Orcs Must Die! I didn't even particularly care for it, but my 9 achievements were enough to qualify me as "dedicated"! And whoever said that achievements are worthless!

Edited by tylerh1701, 10 May 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#341 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

The thing I always hate about Facebook integration is when they want to post stuff on my feed, so I have a fake alt account for that stuff.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#342 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

The thing I always hate about Facebook integration is when they want to post stuff on my feed, so I have a fake alt account for that stuff.

I feel the exact same way. I'll probably take away raptr's publishing right's to my Facebook after I know the code has been redeemed.

I have an alternate Facebook account, but I completely forgot about it! :wall:

#343 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Raptr allows you to turn all Facebook notifications off - you just need to remember to edit the settings (within Raptr).

Edited by eastx, 10 May 2012 - 09:19 PM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#344 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

Sweet, I'm hardcore in bastion, will look into linking my account now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it says they're out of codes.

#345 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

Rapt allows you to turn all Facebook notifications off - you just need to remember to edit the settings (within Raptr).

Thanks, I'll do that.

Edited by tylerh1701, 10 May 2012 - 06:53 PM.
cuz I can

#346 CoruptAI125

CoruptAI125

Subs B4 Dubs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sonic 4 episode 2 is confirmed to be 1200 MS points if OP wants to update the front page.

#347 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Damn. I knew I should have played some more Trials... I have a few other games on that list, but made minimal progress in each. Looks like I'm gonna pay full price. I failed to jump on the BB deal yesterday and now I have the itch to play it.

#348 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Sonic 4 episode 2 is confirmed to be 1200 MS points if OP wants to update the front page.

Sonic 4 Episode 1 must have sold well enough at 1200 for them to try that price point again.

Also, I'm waiting for news on Retro City Rampage. It has a release date of "May" but haven't heard specifics about it in quite a while.

EDIT: Also, Minecraft best selling XBLA game in first 24 hours.

Edited by tylerh1701, 10 May 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#349 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sonic 4 Episode 1 must have sold well enough at 1200 for them to try that price point again.

Also, I'm waiting for news on Retro City Rampage. It has a release date of "May" but haven't heard specifics about it in quite a while.

EDIT: Also, Minecraft best selling XBLA game in first 24 hours.

Well, at first I was sceptical about Minecraft by trying the demo...but as I won a code for the game today and kept playing I have to say this game is very addicting and a lot of fun =D

Getting rare materials and exploring the world, hate the night when creepers and other monsters show up and attack your shelter lol =P

I expect it to be even more fun with other gamers =) (have to try that)

#350 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I actually wasn't even planning on getting Minecraft, at least until it dropped down to the 400 point range as I have already played a lot of the clones on Xbox Live Arcade and I am a bit worn out from them. But thanks to Raptr, I got a free copy earlier today. Gotta love that especially for the highest priced Xbox Live Arcade game I have seen yet. So I got on and started playing and I admit, it is a lot of fun. My son is playing it right now and he seems to be enjoying it as well. I don't think its necessarily worth 1600 points but it is a lot of fun.

#351 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

From Minecraft's description: "Minecraft is an indie--" FOUR WORDS BEFORE THEY SAY INDIE

THE FIRST THING THEY WANT TO SAY ABOUT THEIR GAME IS INDIE

I HATE THIS HIPSTER INDIE CRAP SO MUCH

#352 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

At least they didn't use the words "Retro" or "Platformer" in the same sentence.

#353 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

You are GOING TO GIve me an anEURYSM!

Just need a reviewer to call it "a love letter to retro xxxxx"

#354 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

*3 words before they say indie.

#355 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

*3 words before they say indie.

lol, Level 1 Ownage complete

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#356 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

I'm starting to get burnt out on Minecraft, about 10 hours in. Still wanna do a few more things and (try to) get all the achievements, but I don't see me playing it for more than another 5 hours or so. Still, that's not too bad for a downloadable game. So far I've enjoyed Minecraft far more than I thought I would.

#357 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

FYI, if you live in the Pacific Northwest, or somewhere at least that has a "Fred Meyer", they have a "buy $50/$100/$150 in Home/Electronics, save $10/$20/$30" coupon good between May 10th-12th, which effectively brings point cards down by almost 20%. The trick is to get a 4000pt card (for $49.99) plus some penny item in Home (or Electronics) to tip you over the threshold.

They also have all games for 10% off, but I don't think they have game download cards the same way that GameStop or BestBuy sell them. If you do see a game there, you can stack the 10% off, then the 20% "dollars off" coupons together to make the game effectively 28% off.

I posted the coupon image over in another thread, where 4 games @ F.M. are currently triple-discounted to 64% off:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=320925

Edited by Cornelius, 11 May 2012 - 08:03 AM.
fixed the URL

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#358 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm starting to get burnt out on Minecraft, about 10 hours in. Still wanna do a few more things and (try to) get all the achievements, but I don't see me playing it for more than another 5 hours or so. Still, that's not too bad for a downloadable game. So far I've enjoyed Minecraft far more than I thought I would.

Minecraft really isn't a solo game. It's lifespan is very short if you only play solo. If you play online or split-screen multiplayer... then it starts to get interesting. Online especially. You can have a couple people working on building an actual city while others are out exploring and mapping, and bringing back resources. Then switch off and have the others venture out for a bit. Someone ambitious enough can even make a rail system to connect two remote settlements.

There's a grind aspect at times, but overall there's a whole extra layer then to logging on and seeing what someone else has accomplished or built.

#359 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

It's a good thing I got Minecraft for free. The idea of paying $20 for a 110 MB download really irks me. I know bigger is not always better (snicker), and that there are many games out there that are huge in size but absolute crap. It's just a mental thing for me. ;)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#360 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Minecraft really isn't a solo game. It's lifespan is very short if you only play solo. If you play online or split-screen multiplayer... then it starts to get interesting. Online especially. You can have a couple people working on building an actual city while others are out exploring and mapping, and bringing back resources. Then switch off and have the others venture out for a bit. Someone ambitious enough can even make a rail system to connect two remote settlements.

There's a grind aspect at times, but overall there's a whole extra layer then to logging on and seeing what someone else has accomplished or built.

Good points. I'd love to do building if I didn't have to do any exploring/mining. Plus, I fucking hate dying way down in caves.