• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#4951 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

is xbox getting a Labor Day sale

Doesn't look like it. I think the only time they had a specific Labor Day sale was in 2007.

TheVila.png

#4952 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

Halo 3 gave me the clap.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#4953 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

Well when the "New Xbox Experience" first rolled out it ruined the way my old 360 handled the cache. Most games you could only play after installing. If you played them from the disk you got all sorts of missing graphics and lock ups. Even games I had completed before the change wouldn't work.

But I imagine that was because of the change in having games be installable at all more than a simple dash update.

#4954 franscodelamrte

franscodelamrte

The Watchman of Buffalora Cemetery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Back on topic, what the hell happened to the GoD deals? Almost 2 weeks with nothing.

What do you mean exactly? Last week Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 was 9.99, this week is fight night champion for 19.99. Not to mention in the Rock Star sale, Bully: Scholarship Edition and Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete are 14.99 this week. Forgot what it was 2 weeks ago, but there have been several items, it not at least 1 a week for quite a while.

Lastly, the week previous had a large large amount of GoDs (mostly EA titles if I remember) that were all discounted in someway.

#4955 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Halo 3 gave me the clap.

Another reason not to teabag.

#4956 vivafriend5

vivafriend5

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Games, betas, demos, updates ect. Don't cause rrod & e74 errors. It's just a coincidence that frisky caught the e74 from hw.

I had purchased a brand new 360 (Final Fantasy 13 bundle) and enrolled in one of the previous betas. It was the one before the special disc of Halo: Reach was sent out, the Kinect dashboard one.

It made me update every single time I turned it on and blew during one of the updates with an E79 RROD. It had less than 50 hours of playtime in a well-ventilated and cool room. I respect the opinions of others, but don't try to dispel what you cannot debunk. I blogged about the incident if anyone cares to scrutinize the details. They did nothing for me and only because it was new and in warranty did they fix it. They sent back an arcade in place of an elite unit, with glitched firmware that thought even legit discs were pirated which it refused to play.

Also, games can break consoles as well.

Edit: I will not play into a straw man or solipsist argument, dirtyvu. I know I witnessed the Kinect beta forums flooded with dozens of statements of the specific issues I referred to. They even went so far as to give reparations to a select few, with new consoles and gold subscriptions. I don't trust the source, but even Kotaku picked it up. Sure, it's just my cute anecdote.

Edited by vivafriend5, 02 September 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#4957 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

I respect the opinions of others, but don't try to dispel what you cannot debunk. I blogged about the incident if anyone cares to scrutinize the details.

Also, games can break consoles as well.

I don't think anyone is saying your experience is not your experience.

But cannot debunk? don't generalize anecdotal personal experience to true correlations, causations, and trends. the sample size is too small to make any type of generalizations. Your problems can be mere coincidence.

also, searching out people who had the same experience doesn't make it any more true. I see Toyota Priuses everywhere in SoCal so to me, they're selling like hotcakes. But then again, I like the Prius so when I see one, I notice it which affects my perception.

#4958 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

What do you mean exactly? Last week Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 was 9.99, this week is fight night champion for 19.99. Not to mention in the Rock Star sale, Bully: Scholarship Edition and Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete are 14.99 this week. Forgot what it was 2 weeks ago, but there have been several items, it not at least 1 a week for quite a while.

Lastly, the week previous had a large large amount of GoDs (mostly EA titles if I remember) that were all discounted in someway.

there used to be daily god sales at least every other week. Bully and midnight club were both part of the rockstar dotw.
http://xbldb.com/off..._price=too_much

As you can see on xbldb two weeks ago the daily god sales were going on.

#4959 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

don't generalize anecdotal personal experience to true correlations, causations, and trends, the sample size is too small to make any type of generalizations.

Bam!
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#4960 vivafriend5

vivafriend5

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Bam!

Yeah, just dozens upon dozens of people afflicted with the same unique console failure all in the same limited Beta and documented to boot. Trolls have to be right to succeed you know. Just because you can throw about scientific and statistical empirical terms doesn't mean anything, other than you're putting on the airs.

If you guys think you're doing a favor to Microsoft by naysaying the breakage reports and putting your heads in the sand, be my guest. 360s are at risk when they enter any beta, and there's a good and calculated reason you sign a liability waiver. They know there's going to be a set number of consoles to bite the dust due to unforeseen instabilities. I'm done.

Edit: Proof? You guys realize every beta has a specific and exclusive forum that they delete when it's completed, right? For your proof, I found this link in my bookmarks from when I was monitoring the thread. IT is long gone since it was the Kinect testing dashboard, but this was the stickied thread atop the beta forum when mine broke: "Xbox LIVE Update Preview - Re: Failures during system update? Please read this!" The forum is long gone, and I can't exactly make Microsoft cache their mistakes for the world to see. Maybe someone can work some caching magic, but I sure don't have any incentive to go to the trouble, because the opposition wouldn't listen to anything they didn't opine first anyway. Here's the reference to the anti-piracy measure update that made the replacement freak. Two botched updates for the price of one. I didn't exactly think some people would take it upon themselves to fight tooth and nail to prove the infallibility of the 360 and its updates. 360s breaking is news from early 2006. If you think anybody would care at all to report the specifics of these claims four years later in a notable fashion, I'm afraid not. I'm not browsing the bowels of Kotaku for that article, but it lies in wait regarding the reparations for positive PR. I can't exactly rally the people affected and have them do tumbles and cartwheels to appease the naysayers. We don't have support or survivors meetings. If anybody thinks my console was the only one ever irreparably damaged by a console update or beta update, I welcome your judgment. Sign up at your own risk, and never say you weren't sternly warned.

Edited by vivafriend5, 03 September 2012 - 08:01 AM.
proof

#4961 Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hey guys, what should I get? TBoGT or Undead Nightmare Collection?
Where Yo Curleh Mustache At?

#4962 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Yeah, just dozens upon dozens of people afflicted with the same unique console failure all in the same limited Beta and documented to boot.

If you guys think you're doing a favor to Microsoft by naysaying the breakage reports and putting your heads in the sand, be my guest. 360s are at risk when they enter any beta, and there's a good and calculated reason you sign a liability waiver. I'm done.

we're not the ones being unreasonable. show me "dozens upon dozens" of people with failures due to the beta. i'm in those forums as well. just because you say so, doesn't make it so.

hearsay is just hearsay. you're just like the people who say "i heard" or "many people say" or "multiple sources confirm" without listing any evidence or people. not one person speaking up?

yes, you are done.

#4963 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

we're not the ones being unreasonable. show me "dozens upon dozens" of people with failures due to the beta. i'm in those forums as well. just because you say so, doesn't make it so.

hearsay is just hearsay. you're just like the people who say "i heard" or "many people say" or "multiple sources confirm" without listing any evidence or people. not one person speaking up?

yes, you are done.

I'm with you on this one. He is being a bit silly.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#4964 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

hey Paul, loved your write-up on Ascend: New Gods. is that going to be released simultaneously on Windows Phone, Xbox, and PCs? any more info than early 2013?

and if you can explain this for me (since I don't have Windows Phone but am considering it), if you own a Windows Phone 8, it'll run all WP7 software? And Ascend: New Gods is a WP7 app?

#4965 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

hey Paul, loved your write-up on Ascend: New Gods. is that going to be released simultaneously on Windows Phone, Xbox, and PCs? any more info than early 2013?

and if you can explain this for me (since I don't have Windows Phone but am considering it), if you own a Windows Phone 8, it'll run all WP7 software? And Ascend: New Gods is a WP7 app?

Thanks man! I'm all a-blush. :) Signal Studios was the most fun place to visit, and the unannounced game they showed me... Will be magnificent. :D

Ascend: New Gods is supposed to launch simultaneously across the three platforms, though it's always possible one version will get delayed for some reason. No more specific release date yet.

The mobile version of Ascend is a WP7 game. All WP7 games and apps will run on WP8 devices, but WP8 stuff will not run on WP7 devices. If you or anyone else is interested in buying a Windows Phone, holding out until October for WP8 devices is definitely the way to go. Besides the compatibility stuff I mentioned, WP8 will receive much, much better support from game developers because they have better hardware access and the popular Unity Engine is coming to WP8, unlike WP7.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#4966 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Never played TBoGT (didn't much care for GTAIV) but Undead Nightmare is awesome, my single favorite piece of DLC evar. The rest of the collection seemed fairly "throwaway" unless you're really into the MP.

Besides the compatibility stuff I mentioned, WP8 will receive much, much better support from game developers because they have better hardware access and the popular Unity Engine is coming to WP8, unlike WP7.

I'm still a fairly big WP proponent, but heed these words. We almost never get games first (or even at the same time as iOS/Android) and rarely get them for the same price. Paul seems optimistic and he's obviously got far more knowledge than I do, but I am not nearly as bullish, speaking from my 1 year as a WP owner.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4967 dominator

dominator

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Never played TBoGT, but Undead Nightmare is absolutely beast. I paid 1000 MSP I think during the Holiday sales two years ago or something like that and it's honestly worth every penny. Hell, I may have even spent full price on it had not had such a backlog. The story is tons of fun, and the MP adds, IMO, more playability. My recommendation? Go for it!

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#4968 franscodelamrte

franscodelamrte

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

anybody know what next week's (tomorrow's) deal of the week is, or what sale if any there might be......I stated earlier, I do apologize, been at work all day and things seemed to get derailed there ever so minutely, so thought I would ask.

thanks in advance

#4969 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

that's an early start to monday. no we dont know yet

Edited by mebegod, 03 September 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#4970 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Soo, Jet Grind comes out this month. I can't wait for it.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#4971 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

I got Red Dead Redemption GOTY recently for the X360 (new) from goHastings. While I'm enjoying the SP, I really wanted to dive into the MP (disc2), but I think there is either a problm with the disc or my X360 drive. It doesn't load the 2nd disc at all. Yesterday, I was able to load it fine and play online, but that's it, it refuses to read the disc now. goHastings bailed out as I contacted them 30 days after the sale (I didn't even try the 2nd disc upto that point).

I'm planning to get the 'Undead Nightmare pack' for 400 MSP as a digital d/l.
Is this the whole game? Is there a pre-requisite that I should have the full game?

I'm planning to trade in my RDR GOTY to BB/GS as I'm facing issues, so could someone else let me know, if I need to have RDR disc to get and play the 'Undead Nightmare pack?

Also, what's the difference between the 'Undead Nightmare pack' and 'Undead Nightmare collection' ?

EDIT: Looks like this is a problem across the board. I'm facing the exact same problem as this guy : http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=321913

EDIT 2 : Installed the game to HDD, and looks to be fine now?

Edited by lonestarranger, 03 September 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#4972 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

anybody know what next week's (tomorrow's) deal of the week is, or what sale if any there might be......I stated earlier, I do apologize, been at work all day and things seemed to get derailed there ever so minutely, so thought I would ask.

thanks in advance

No week is complete without this question =P somebody has to ask every time hehe, most of the time the answer is no if no news were leaked early =P

#4973 franscodelamrte

franscodelamrte

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

No week is complete without this question =P somebody has to ask every time hehe, most of the time the answer is no if no news were leaked early =P

Well I guess eventually it had to be me, better now than me asking after being here a lot longer. Just one of the herd now, but I try to mind my p's and q's.

#4974 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass just dropped to 400MSP. Possible hint of this week's sale? I sure hope not. Repeat DLC would be a disappointment. Would love to see a fresh arcade game or two on sale. It's been an awful long time since they had one of those gigantic sales. Holding out hope for one of those eventually, but at this point the next very big sale is probably going to be Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Could be part of this month's permanent price drops too.

#4975 killer9

killer9

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

Ballad of gay tony is fantastic it is totally worth it

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#4976 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass just dropped to 400MSP. Possible hint of this week's sale? I sure hope not. Repeat DLC would be a disappointment. Would love to see a fresh arcade game or two on sale. It's been an awful long time since they had one of those gigantic sales. Holding out hope for one of those eventually, but at this point the next very big sale is probably going to be Thanksgiving/Christmas.

lmao they put the dlc on sale in pieces then a few days later drop the bundle. scumbags

#4977 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

i am mega pissed.
i just bought the dlc last night as it was on sale and now this.
talk about a slap in the face. put the dlc on sale then the season pass on sale the next week.
not happy.

#4978 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Haha ya thats kinda a dick move. I hope the PS3 pass drops to $5, thats the console I have it on.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4979 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

I'm calling one more Borderlands DOTW before 2 comes out, just for nostalgia's sake.

#4980 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

Would suck ass if that were true. But PS+ is getting discounts on all the borderlands stuff tomorrow, so it could definitely hit Xbox as well.