Going to try demos for
Rayman 3 HD
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Rock of Ages
Stacking
Warp
Rocket Riot
Splatters

Never played La Noire, considering getting Rockstar Pass and picking up a cheap copy of the game. Is there anything not included in Rockstar Pass? Is the dlc even worth it? or should i just get the GOTY version?
macontosh2000 Quote of the Day (or whenever i choose to change it)

"Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it. Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up Michael, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected........Hey, where the Fuck are my hard-boiled eggs?"

Tobias Funke, Arrested Development

#5072 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Never played La Noire, considering getting Rockstar Pass and picking up a cheap copy of the game. Is there anything not included in Rockstar Pass? Is the dlc even worth it? or should i just get the GOTY version?

I think there is one case exclusive to the PS3 & the 360 GOTY. I have the GOTY, but haven't played it yet.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5073 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

The only way to get The Consul's Car case on the 360 is from the Complete Edition. It's not available for download individually or via the Rockstar Pass.

Is the DLC worth it? It's hard to answer without knowing if you'll like the base game. It's just more cases. I like the game quite a bit and was glad that I picked up the Rockstar Pass.

#5074 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

Oh boy...I just spent a crapload of spacebucks on games like Bloodforge, Sine Mora, Joe Danger DLC, and other stuff I've been waiting to go on sale.

I do admit that I'm a points hoarder. I buy MS points when they go on sale and never use it unless there's a promotion or sale. This one takes the cake for now.

#5075 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

wow, did not see the PvZ table coming out tomorrow, definitely in for that!! Anyone else having problems buying dlc from the website?

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#5076 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Blind buying:

Joe Danger: SE
Alan Wake American Nightmare

Good sale.

#5077 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Going to try demos for
Rayman 3 HD
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Rock of Ages
Stacking
Warp
Rocket Riot
Splatters

If you're interested in Splatters I could give it to you for 300 MSP! haha ;D

Soo I think I will pick up:

3D Ultraminigolf 200
Both Sam & Max Games 800 + 800
Warp 400
Rayman 400
Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue 400
(simpsons maybe 400)
(mortal kombat maybe 400)
(mad riders maybe 400)
(assault heroes 2 maybe 200)

Would be a total of:
(4400) o.o good grief!

#5078 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Finally a great sale. I picked up Sine Mora, Allen Wake, Simpson's Arcade, Carcassonne and Showtime Content Pack. I'm still considering Sam & Max.

#5079 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Just submitted a wiki edit with a price list (without all the links), including some leftovers. Anyone check the Sales & Specials app yet? (Forgot to check it during the week cause I have all the games, but I'm not too upset over losing a chance for the free mask). I'll probably check it in a few myself and add it to the edit along with the Popcap stuff.

I'd definitely say the Rockstar pass is worth $5 if you have the vanilla already, but if you don't, just buy the GotY for the Consul's Car case. I'm still really annoyed they never released it as DLC for vanilla copies, how hard could it be?
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#5080 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

This is a pretty good sale im going to buy

Assault Heroes 2
Rocket Riot
3D Minigolf
Stacked

#5081 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

I don't have either Assault Hero games. Is there a point to picking up the first one if you're going to buy the second?

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5082 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Was just checking the meta critic scores to see if Bloodforge was worth picking up and wow did it get some horrible scores...

Yeah, I've heard that a lot. Tyler can vouch for it being an awesome game. Finally picking up this game. My patience has paid off

Haha thanks Dustinator, nice to know my constant championing of Bloodforge isn't going unnoticed.

Bloodforge was an AWESOME hack 'n slash game pre-patch, supposedly the patch has made the game quite a bit easier, which should fix the main complaint that most gamers/reviewers had.

The other major concern about the game was the camera was a little sensitive. I don't know if the patch addresses that at all, but it's something you can just adjust to before you even complete the first level.

Another Pop Cap sale? Seriously?

Ya I was disappointed when I saw that too. And it's the same damn prices everytime. If Heavy Weapon or Astropop would ever actually drop to 200msp (since they probably should be 400msp regular price) I would buy them in an instant.

Haha this stuff is on sale almost every day.

Mark of the Ninja for 800msp? Wasn't supposed to be 1200? If this is correct price i'm buying it. :)

Glad i waited for some of the 800msp tables for Pinball FX2.

Mark of the Ninja was definitely announced for 1200. Major Nelson probably just goofed and will stealth-edit it later today. However, I hope it's not a typo and 800 is the normal price.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#5083 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

my wallet just cried over the rockstar pass, bloodforge, rayman 3, mad riders, simpsons, marvel 2 pack, fx 2 core pack, rocket riot, penny arcade episode 3, sonic 4 ep 2. already owned everything else... anyone check the little ap thingy? I'd hate to have to spend more points

#5084 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

I don't have either Assault Hero games. Is there a point to picking up the first one if you're going to buy the second?

Only point is, the second one is much harder to complete lol this is why I didn't buy it the last time it was on sale hum

#5085 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

As for this sell:

Limbo and Alan Wake: AN are easy recommends for 600msp. Alan Wake is kind of repetitive just because how they made the game, but it's still well worth 600msp.

I can definitely recommend Warp, I had a blast with it. My only gripe was that it's one of those games that closes down paths after a certain point, so there are definitely missable items/achievements.

Bloodforge is easy to recommend as well, as metioned above, and so is Raskulls if you never picked it up during a previous sale. Rocket Riot is an AWESOME DEAL at 200msp, though the game gets really hard in the final 10 levels. I still haven't beat the final boss.

I can't as whole-heartedly recomment The Simpsons game, Rock of Ages, or Assault Heroes. They all have their moments, and at 50% off I don't think anyone would really regret getting them, but I didn't enjoy any of them all that much.

As for me, I have almost all of it, but I'll be demo'ing Assault Heroes 2 and Mad Riders. Also, I beat Stacking 100% on my friends PS+ account and didn't love it, but for 300msp I'll probably end up buying that as well.

#5086 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Also, I too would like to know what's on the Sales & Specials App, if someone could boot up their Xbox and post it. Hopefully Scarygirl, I think that's the game I want the most that still hasn't been on sale...

#5087 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Also, I too would like to know what's on the Sales & Specials App, if someone could boot up their Xbox and post it. Hopefully Scarygirl, I think that's the game I want the most that still hasn't been on sale...

Dude it was down to 400...oh wait that was the easter sale right? US didn't have this...

#5088 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Dude it was down to 400...oh wait that was the easter sale right? US didn't have this...

Nope

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5089 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Scratch game loser deals are
Offer 1: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Super Sports Pack (Save 280 MSP)
Offer 2: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Lamborghini Untamed (Save 280 MSP)
Offer 3: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Porsche Unleashed Pack (Save 280 MSP)

#5090 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Man...what a sale! Really glad I decided to hold off on Bully yesterday (ultimately, I decided that if I ever really want to play it on 360, I'll buy the disc somewhere). Picked up Alan Wake's AM, Warp, Marvel V&V, and Simpsons Arcade. Yay for first time sale items! :)

#5091 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Damn. Just got off my Xbox, but NyPickle beat me to it. Guess someone besides me has the day off, lol. Couldn't figure out what the winning prize is though..

Updated the Wiki, hopefully someone can find out what the winning prize is. And I'm surprised Hot Pursuit's online hasn't had its plug pulled by EA yet. *knocks on wood*

As for what to buy this week, I don't even know. Kinda glad I didn't end up being able to get AC's map pack, that's $5 I can spend on one of these deals.

Worst of all this month (and next) are primed to have some great new XBLA releases, decisions, decisions.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 04 September 2012 - 03:43 PM.

~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#5092 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Ya, we didn't get that sale. Makes me want it even more.

Scratch game loser deals are
Offer 1: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Super Sports Pack (Save 280 MSP)
Offer 2: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Lamborghini Untamed (Save 280 MSP)
Offer 3: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Porsche Unleashed Pack (Save 280 MSP)

Thanks for posting. Definitely not for me.

#5093 Dr Akula

Dr Akula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Well, so much for saving my points for the Borderlands 2 season pass. I will have to get some more points for that.

I picked up Stacking instantly and I am going to demo Rayman 3, Simpsons Arcade, Rocket Riot, Warp and Bloodforge.

#5094 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm glad I made a rule to myself that any Game down to 600 Points can wait a little longer backlog is thanking me...

#5095 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Would've picked up Stacking but I have that through PS Plus. Pretty good sale though, got the following:

Assault Heroes
Assault Heroes 2
Rocket Riot

If Rayman 3 weren't Gold only I would've gotten it too.

#5096 twisted poke

twisted poke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Wow, Lots of stuff this week. Good stuff. Very glad to see the Sam and Max games go on sale as i've been patiently waiting on those. Gives me hope that the Wallace and Gromit stuff wil eventually get the sale treatment. (got the first bumblebee one when it went on sale and have been waiting for the rest)

#5097 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Oh neat, Warp for 400 too.

#5098 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Picked up Assault Heroes 2. I got the first one a long time ago and thought meh at first but if you play with a friend its a blast. Have to think on some of the others I don't have on 360 since I own them on other systems.

#5099 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Good sale this week, been while.

Picked up Stacking, been waiting to get that one for 400 MSP, but Ill gladly take it for 300!
Going to get some demo's of the other 75+ metacritic games and see if they are worth picking up.

#5100 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Lots of goodies for me on this sale:
Alan Wake
Pinball FX Tables
Sine Mora
Stacking

And if I have more points, possibly Blood Forge.

Great sale MS.