XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#5701 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

DD Neon soundtrack is available here (pay what you want)- http://virt.bandcamp...ble-dragon-neon

Think I'll take advantage of that & donate a little. There's some awesome songs in DD:N & the guy has done some other stuff that I've really liked (I donated a few bucks to get the Mighty Switch Force songs). I'm gonna wait & beat the game to hear what the ending credits sound like, though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5702 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

I wonder how many GoD copies of Borderlands they could have sold if they marked it down to 800 points this week or the last. I know I would have re-visited Pandora if they did.
Posted Image

#5703 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

I wonder how many GoD copies of Borderlands they could have sold if they marked it down to 800 points this week or the last. I know I would have re-visited Pandora if they did.

They had it for like 12 or 13 bucks not too long ago when they had the large GOD promotion with a bunch of titles ranging from $5 to $15. I picked it up then even though I still own my original vanilla disc and the GOTY disc, haha. I really do adore this franchise. Its fantastic being able to load it up on a whim for a shoot & loot fix.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5704 infamy

infamy

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Warp is a pretty good game for $5. Got all the achievements finally, but it took a a bit longer than anticipated due to multiple playthroughs.

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#5705 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

No demo for DD:N, guess I'm holding out for reviews and positive word of mouth.

It's up now, at least on the website. I added DD:N & Shank 2 to my queue. DD:N is 2.24GB!

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#5706 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Odd, DD:N is only 1.87 GB on PS3.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5707 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

They would have to up the DD:N demo after I leave for work. :wall:

Oh well, I hope it's good.

Edited by Turbojugend, 12 September 2012 - 02:50 PM.
typo

#5708 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

They had it for like 12 or 13 bucks not too long ago when they had the large GOD promotion with a bunch of titles ranging from $5 to $15. I picked it up then even though I still own my original vanilla disc and the GOTY disc, haha. I really do adore this franchise. Its fantastic being able to load it up on a whim for a shoot & loot fix.

Yeah I picked it up during the same sale. Sold off my vanilla copy to have this straight from my hdd.

#5709 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

no they will put ur points in the negative they will get them back

False. This exact same thing happened last year with rewards points being incorrectly multiplied by 4. All the people who spent their points right away got free games while the rest of us suckers had the points taken away. Never again! Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for the offer this time around...

#5710 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

False. This exact same thing happened last year with rewards points being incorrectly multiplied by 4. All the people who spent their points right away got free games while the rest of us suckers had the points taken away. Never again! Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for the offer this time around...

This is correct. Last year when this happened and I got the 800 points, I spent them right away on outland and never had my account go to the negative. I got the 1600 points this year and spent those right away also, my account is still sitting at the 160 msp I had left. MS will NOT put our accounts into the negative.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#5711 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I still can't even get the fuckin' 240msp I earned from August's rewards promotion. I hate you guys!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5712 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Damn, I'm glad I read this thread. I noticed I had about 1,200 points too many last night and didn't think anything of it. I read this thread and then my memory of what happened last year was suddenly jogged. I downloaded Mark of the Ninja, which I was going to get anyway, so that's a nice little score for me. That's two years in a row they did the exact same thing.

I only have 42 points left now. Go ahead and take 'em, MS!

630736.png

#5713 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Just want to warn people that when you start DD:Neon, you immediately unlock an achievement for 1GS after pressing Start. I got a review copy, and almost stopped the review right there because it pissed me off so much. However, it actually ended up fixing my GamerScore, so I let it slide (just a warning to those who are obsessed with 0's and 5's being in the end of their scores).

Posted Image

#5714 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I only have 42 points left now. Go ahead and take 'em, MS!

42! Such an strange amount. I have 50, so I am thinking I will always have 10 points I can never spend.
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#5715 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Just want to warn people that when you start DD:Neon, you immediately unlock an achievement for 1GS after pressing Start. I got a review copy, and almost stopped the review right there because it pissed me off so much. However, it actually ended up fixing my GamerScore, so I let it slide (just a warning to those who are obsessed with 0's and 5's being in the end of their scores).

I'll never understand why this bothers some people.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#5716 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

You can get help for that problem. It's a little expensive, but you'll be happier in the long run. ~ ~

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#5717 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thats some weird OCD man.

#5718 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'll never understand why this bothers some people.

You're probably not as OCD as some of us. Thanks for the warning! It definitely bothers me if my score is not 5 or 0.

ach.png

#5719 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Updated the list in my sig, if anyone is interested.

I'd rather be on a 0-5 pace with my gamerscore, but it doesn't bug me if I'm not (like I am now).

#5720 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

How many days did it take for MS to take the points back from those accounts that still had excess points available ? I'm also one of the many people that got 1,600 points added. (Although I'm already supposed to get 400pts from the SOA promotion & 240pts from last month's sports promo = 640 total)
I would go on a shopping spree to use the extra points THEY gave, but I just purchased an extra 4000pts a few days ago, and I don't want them debiting my account from those.
It's a pretty bad practice, (if you ask me), from a well known, multi billion dollar company to go back and take away points from people's accounts. (ESPECIALLY since they made the same mistake last year, and apparently didn't fix whatever they were supposed to !) :shame:
I kinda like to think of it as if you're at a store, and you pick up an item from the shelf based on the price that's marked on it, and then you go to the register and it rings up a higher price. The store should honor the mistake in the customer's favor.
OR think of it like the airline "EL AL" who had a glitch on their web site last month, and offered people a fare of $350 on roundtrip flights from New York to Tel Aviv. They honored their mistake.

** If they take all 1600 points back, who do people contact to get the either 400 (from SOA), 240 (from August XBL Rewards promo), OR BOTH amounts put back in their accounts ?! (PUH-LEASE don't say writing the support forum on the xbox website !):headache: Surely there's a phone #.

#5721 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

1-800-4my-xbox

87688.png

#5722 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

How many days did it take for MS to take the points back from those accounts that still had excess points available ? I'm also one of the many people that got 1,600 points added. (Although I'm already supposed to get 400pts from the SOA promotion & 240pts from last month's sports promo = 640 total)
I would go on a shopping spree to use the extra points THEY gave, but I just purchased an extra 4000pts a few days ago, and I don't want them debiting my account from those.
It's a pretty bad practice, (if you ask me), from a well known, multi billion dollar company to go back and take away points from people's accounts. (ESPECIALLY since they made the same mistake last year, and apparently didn't fix whatever they were supposed to !) :shame:
I kinda like to think of it as if you're at a store, and you pick up an item from the shelf based on the price that's marked on it, and then you go to the register and it rings up a higher price. The store should honor the mistake in the customer's favor.
OR think of it like the airline "EL AL" who had a glitch on their web site last month, and offered people a fare of $350 on roundtrip flights from New York to Tel Aviv. They honored their mistake.

** If they take all 1600 points back, who do people contact to get the either 400 (from SOA), 240 (from August XBL Rewards promo), OR BOTH amounts put back in their accounts ?! (PUH-LEASE don't say writing the support forum on the xbox website !):headache: Surely there's a phone #.

I think it's such a bad practice of a multi-billion dollar company to be giving away free money. Sure, mistakes happen once in a while, but random points showing up in people's accounts happens all the time. Microsoft is so tight with their points structure and pricing on games, to be giving away points is just moronic and should be unacceptable. I've never heard of PSN crediting people money incorrectly.

I'm happy for all the people who got the free money (I'd spend them in a second if I actually got them) but I just wonder WTF Microsoft is doing for this to happen so frequently...

#5723 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Btw tyler I really am digging bloodforge. I love using his huge sword and just roaming the snow plain looking for some shit to destroy.

#5724 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

No demo for DD:N, guess I'm holding out for reviews and positive word of mouth.

I'm enjoying Double Dragon: Neon so far. It's a pretty good old school beat 'em up. I like it more than Scott Pilgrim which was supposed to be something similar. I might be bias since I really loved playing it on the NES and in the arcades.

#5725 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Those with odd achiev scores, play civilization. It has some quickly popping, odd numbered achievs to get your score back on track. I'm not super ocd about my weird score now, but it would be nice to have it back to 5/0.

#5726 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Still waiting for my SoA Points *sigh* =/

#5727 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

You can get help for that problem. It's a little expensive, but you'll be happier in the long run. ~ ~

I don't have that problem anymore, I used to, it's a form of OCD. I know people that go absolutely insane over that when it happens, so I figured I'd just give a warning. I stopped caring about GS / achievements when I hit 100k (and that was 64k ago).

Posted Image

#5728 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

umk3 funked up my GS a long time ago. 12's 11's 22's 8's 3's its dumb.

#5729 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm OCD enough that uneven gamerscore bothers me. If I know I will end up getting an even number (ff13-2, viking, divinity, etc.), then it's ok. It's silly, I know, but everyone has something silly about them. ;)

#5730 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Unrelated to just about everything ever posted in this thread, but I never realized The UnderGarden was only 240 MSP and had achievements. And this is the regular price for it. If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D

By the way, the last time I posted I asked what I should get for 400MSP. I ended up with Raskulls. The multiplayer aspect really sold me on it. :D
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com