XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#5731 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D

Just go there http://en.wikipedia....ve_Arcade_games and click the arrows @ the price in Microsoft Points to sort the list.

According to this list, 1 more game is listed for 240 MSP, Sonic & Knuckles.

#5732 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Unrelated to just about everything ever posted in this thread, but I never realized The UnderGarden was only 240 MSP and had achievements. And this is the regular price for it. If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D

By the way, the last time I posted I asked what I should get for 400MSP. I ended up with Raskulls. The multiplayer aspect really sold me on it. :D

I found UnderGarden painfully uninteresting.

Raskulls however is fantastic, great choice.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5733 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

If it's strictly Gamerscore you're after, you're probably better off scouring the used bins at your local Gamestop. You can easily find games for $2.99 (240 MSP) that will boost your score up to five times as much as the average XBLA game.

#5734 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Btw tyler I really am digging bloodforge. I love using his huge sword and just roaming the snow plain looking for some shit to destroy.

Glad to hear it. The sword is what I used the most as well, just combine with the bow and arrow to rack up the combos.

Unrelated to just about everything ever posted in this thread, but I never realized The UnderGarden was only 240 MSP and had achievements. And this is the regular price for it. If anyone knows of any other really cheap games with achievements, please post them and hopefully we'll get a list going. Or if a list has already been posted, please link me to it. I've got some achievin' to do to get my GS up. :D

By the way, the last time I posted I asked what I should get for 400MSP. I ended up with Raskulls. The multiplayer aspect really sold me on it. :D

Glad to hear you liked Raskulls, it's a really cool game.

Windows Phones are great for achievement hunting, a good amount of games for $0.99 and $2.99 with 200 gamerscore.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5735 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm regretting not picking up Raskulls actually. I should've known multiplayer would be fun considering how much fun I had in singleplayer.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5736 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm regretting not picking up Raskulls actually. I should've known multiplayer would be fun considering how much fun I had in singleplayer.

It's a Halfbrick game, even if I wasn't friends with them I'd still buy everything they make because they make fun stuff. Jetpack Joyride steals hours from my life weekly.

Also remember that Joe Danger 2 will be releasing this Friday

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#5737 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

xbox are refusing to give me the msp for the spend 1600 msp promotion.
they keep saying that tony hawk is not purchased but if they bothered to look at my purchase history they would see it there.
and i still have not got the 400 msp either

#5738 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

they keep saying that tony hawk is not purchased but if they bothered to look at my purchase history they would see it there.

Was tony hawk purchased using a code by chance?

#5739 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Just do a print screen of it and post it over there. If you legitimately did buy it from the marketplace, and not redeem it as a code or something, then I don't see how they could deny you.

And at least you're getting support from them...I haven't heard from them in almost a week.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5740 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

http://raptr.com/for...isplay.php?f=29

joe danger 2 free from raptr if you meet the requirements...i am already experienced in splosion man but i don't see my reward, so i'm kind of confused. anybody able to get their free code?

EDIT: i clicked on 'upcoming rewards' and it looks like it doesn't start till tomorrow.

#5741 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

^Awesome! I'll be on that all day tomorrow, I'm dedicated/hardcore in a bunch of those games!

#5742 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

joe danger 2 free from raptr if you meet the requirements...i am already experienced in splosion man but i don't see my reward, so i'm kind of confused. anybody able to get their free code?

EDIT: i clicked on 'upcoming rewards' and it looks like it doesn't start till tomorrow.

Nice, thanks for the info.

#5743 mpaullin

mpaullin

I actually suck at CAG-ing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Nice find on free Joe Danger 2 from raptr. I own 3 of the eligible games and am not quite experienced on any of them. I will rectify that tonight. Any word on when this will go live? Hopefully not midnightish since I have to work.

#5744 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Sweet! I'm already set but when does it actually go live? I'll be up at 5 EST time for work so hopefully by then, but I can access the site at work as needed.
Posted Image

#5745 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Last couple haven't gone live until 10-11am MST. I'm just gonna start checking around 7am when I wake up, I really don't think it will be live before then.

#5746 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Last couple haven't gone live until 10-11am MST. I'm just gonna start checking around 7am when I wake up, I really don't think it will be live before then.

Ugh, of course, that would be lunch time for me. Hopefully they don't go super fast. The benefit is that it is also school hours.
Posted Image

#5747 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ugh, of course, that would be lunch time for me. Hopefully they don't go super fast. The benefit is that it is also school hours.

The only one I remember going SUPER fast was the Minecraft codes. The Maw and R-Type for Silver members lasted over a week if I recall.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#5748 clearM3

clearM3

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

So i've been doing the scratch off on the sales and special app like everyday and never expecting to win. Was surprised to see that I won today doing it and got the May car pack for Forza 4 free. Nice considering I do play that game.

I always thought no one won that thing, but I guess there are winners lol

#5749 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Awesome I have like 4 games under "Hardcore" Rank so i am going to be sitting in front of the computer the entire morning as long as it doesn't go live in the afternoon ill be good.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#5750 vamn

vamn

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Off topic-ish: If you were debating Sam and Max during last week's sale and didn't bite on it, the Sam & Max Complete Pack is on sale on Steam for $15. And it includes Season 3 that never came out on Xbox.

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#5751 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

Off topic-ish: If you were debating Sam and Max during last week's sale and didn't bite on it, the Sam & Max Complete Pack is on sale on Steam for $15. And it includes Season 3 that never came out on Xbox.

Telltale should really put out an 'Adventure collection' retail disc on Xbox with both Sam and Maxes plus Wallace and Gromit. I'd say throw Walking Dead on there, but it really deserves its own disc (or would at least sell that way).

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#5752 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Telltale should really put out an 'Adventure collection' retail disc on Xbox with both Sam and Maxes plus Wallace and Gromit. I'd say throw Walking Dead on there, but it really deserves its own disc (or would at least sell that way).

They said that The Walking Dead is getting a retail release after all 5 episodes were released. I'd definitely buy and 'Adventure Collection' for about $20 though.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#5753 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Yup, the Walking Dead compilation retail disc is already a thing.

http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B007WQOIGW

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5754 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thanks guys. I should've done a search before mentioning it. But yeah, the older Telltale games could use a disc too. :)

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#5755 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'd much rather have a disk than buying everything through Xbox Live, but isn't $30 for all five episodes $5 more expensive than getting all the episodes separately?

#5756 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'd much rather have a disk than buying everything through Xbox Live, but isn't $30 for all five episodes $5 more expensive than getting all the episodes separately?

yup it's $5 more than buying it all individually on XBLA. I'd almost prefer the disc version because it's easy to play and get all the achievements then you could get rid of it and get some of your money back. The episodes I have downloaded have no trade in value obviously.

#5757 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

That's to entice people not to wait for the disc. Plus physical media adds to the cost of distribution and the b&m retail gets a cut too.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5758 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Anyone planning to wait for The Walking Dead on disc, make sure to install it! The XBLA version has severe frame rate problems, it sometimes chugs to a near standstill, and that's with all the assets on the HDD. I shudder to think how it would perform from the optical drive. Great game aside from that though. And given the nature of the game the frame rate problems don't really hamper gameplay, only the presentation.

#5759 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Also, retail discs tend to drop in price rather quickly. Wait a month or so and you'll probably see it for $19.99 all over the place.

#5760 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Happy to hear a Walking Dead disc is coming out. And yes, it's more likely to drop in price than the games being discounted one by one.

Looking forward to grabbing it for 20 bucks sometime this holiday after the second season