XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#5881 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Gonna give the Astropop demo a whirl later today. I've been curious about it but the positive feedback here gave me an extra push. I'm not a fan of most popcap games, but this one catches my eye a bit more than the others.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5882 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

I'd rather have the Midway games as downloads. Sucks to have to put a disc in to play Smash TV. But I might buy it, as they have some great classic games.

Crunchewy.png

#5883 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

OK How is the original zuma? I saw there was a deal on raptr for a free pc popcap game so i had to play the zumas revenge demo. And i had a lot of fun with it! The demo was very fun for that kind of game and it lasted really long.

my question is, i see ZUMA is only $2.50. is it worth buying, or should i just keep the demo around? because honestly, the demo lets you play through 2 whole levels, i feel like it took a good 15 or so minutes to play through, and i feel like that's about as long as i would ever want to play ZUMA anyways. so i ask you friends; is the retail version of the first ZUMA game worth the points, or was what i witnessed in the zumas revenge demo pretty much all there is to the game? if you could play multiplayer i'd be sold but i'm kinda stingy on putting more junk in 'my games' as i already have a lot of games

also what about bejeweled blitz? seems like a no brainer for $2 after points discount but just making sure there isn't anything wrong with this version seems like most people are buying 3, but its just bejeweled i wouldnt pay more than a double stackers worth of money for it

Edited by SonicXtreme, 17 September 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#5884 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

would have been good if it listed the names of the games on it

This.

Also, [insert generic "Does anyone know what the deals for this week are?" comment here]

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5885 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

OK How is the original zuma? I saw there was a deal on raptr for a free pc popcap game so i had to play the zumas revenge demo. And i had a lot of fun with it! The demo was very fun for that kind of game and it lasted really long.

my question is, i see ZUMA is only $2.50. is it worth buying, or should i just keep the demo around? because honestly, the demo lets you play through 2 whole levels, i feel like it took a good 15 or so minutes to play through, and i feel like that's about as long as i would ever want to play ZUMA anyways. so i ask you friends; is the retail version of the first ZUMA game worth the points, or was what i witnessed in the zumas revenge demo pretty much all there is to the game? if you could play multiplayer i'd be sold but i'm kinda stingy on putting more junk in 'my games' as i already have a lot of games

also what about bejeweled blitz? seems like a no brainer for $2 after points discount but just making sure there isn't anything wrong with this version seems like most people are buying 3, but its just bejeweled i wouldnt pay more than a double stackers worth of money for it

The original Zuma is hard as hell. You can buy a lot of frustration for $2.50 if that's what you're looking for. I would skip it and pick up the sequel when it goes on sale. I have both and Revenge is infinitely more playable.

Bejeweled Blitz is a waste. Pick up any other Bejeweled game and you'll be far better off.

Edited by ooga, 17 September 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5886 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Zuma is crazy hard! I will agree that Zuma's Revenge is the better game of the two. You can check out my review if you want.

I also liked Bejeweled 3 too. Enough to get 200/200. Blitz seemed to be short burst of the game so it feel incomplete to me. I'd rather play the game instead of playing against the timer.

#5887 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

The original Zuma is hard as hell. You can buy a lot of frustration for $2.50 if that's what you're looking for. I would skip it and pick up the sequel when it goes on sale. I have both and Revenge is infinitely more playable.

Bejeweled Blitz is a waste. Pick up any other Bejeweled game and you'll be far better off.

The original Zuma is really not that hard. I mean it gets challenging towards the end like any game should, but I was never that frustrated. My wife and I were addicted to it for awhile and it was really satisfying when you beat it. There are a lot of stages too. So you will already have gotten a few hours of enjoyment out of it before you hit the more difficult sections. I would say its a no brainer at $2.50, especially if you enjoyed the demo.

#5888 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

NiGHTS & Sonic Adventure 2 confirmed for Oct. 5th, 800 MSP each. For 240 MSP, you can get the Battle Mode DLC for SA2, which is the extra maps & characters for multiplayer that were added in the GCN version of the game, along with Chao Karate.

& NiGHTS does come with the Christmas NiGHTS expansion included for free.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5889 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

It might be way too soon, but I would love to see some of those Sega Vintage Collections go on sale. I would buy a few of them for 400 M$ points.
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#5890 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

^Anyone know if they're gonna make another Dreamcast collection disc with these newer releases? That'd be sweet.

It might be way too soon, but I would love to see some of those Sega Vintage Collections go on sale. I would buy a few of them for 400 M$ points.

Sega games go on sale frequently, I expect a couple of those collections to drop in price fairly soon. I'm looking forward to the Monster World one.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5891 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

For anyone who is interested in Midway delisted games, disc compilation is coming in November.

smash tv and robotron are a great start for that collection! If it get's a US port, I'm definitely in!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#5892 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

^Anyone know if they're gonna make another Dreamcast collection disc with these newer releases? That'd be sweet.

Which newer releases? Nights was a Saturn game. I doubt Sega would put a Sonic game in a DC collection since they tend to sell well on their own.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5893 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, give it a few more months, & I'm sure Sega will put those Vintage Collections on sale sometime. They do so many downloadable sales, you can pretty much guarantee if it's a XBLA/PSN game, it's been/will be on sale.

Not sure on another Dreamcast Collection. NiGHTS is a Saturn game, which wouldn't work, though maybe they could have JSR, SA2, Nights, & Daytona and call it something like Dreamcast & Saturn Collection.

Which newer releases? Nights was a Saturn game. I doubt Sega would put a Sonic game in a DC collection since they tend to sell well on their own.

Sonic Adventure was part of the Dreamcast Collection with Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, & Space Channel 5 Part 2 (speaking of which, when's the original gonna be on XBLA/PSN?)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5894 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Sega games go on sale frequently, I expect a couple of those collections to drop in price fairly soon. I'm looking forward to the Monster World one.

Agreed, I have always wanted to play the Monster World games. Played them a few times as a kid and always wanted to dig deeper.
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#5895 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Sonic Adventure was part of the Dreamcast Collection with Sega Bass Fishing, Crazy Taxi, & Space Channel 5 Part 2 (speaking of which, when's the original gonna be on XBLA/PSN?)

That's why you people should never listen to anything I say. ;)

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5896 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

i doubt sega would put a sonic game in a dc collection since they tend to sell well on their own.

lol

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5897 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Not sure on another Dreamcast Collection. NiGHTS is a Saturn game, which wouldn't work, though maybe they could have JSR, SA2, Nights, & Daytona and call it something like Dreamcast & Saturn Collection.

Thanks. :)

That's why you people should never listen to anything I say. ;)

Hey, at least you knew NiGHTS was a Saturn game, I didn't even know that.

#5898 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Really hope that Midway disc comes to the US. I already bought Robotron from someone on another forum, but Smash TV alone would be awesome. Other possibilities (other games once available and now removed) include Gauntlet, Joust, Cyberball 2072, Defender, Paperboy, Tapper and UMK3 (unlikely with the horrible Arcade Kollection already available). Quite the list there.

Unrelated, but I added Feeding Frenzy 2 to my backlog just now. Have 200/200 on the first and am looking forward to plowing through the 2nd one when I hit my backlog hard next year. I think I finally own all the PopCap games I have any interest in. (FF 1 and 2, PvZ, Heavy Weapon and Astro Pop).

#5899 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

NiGHTS & Sonic Adventure 2 confirmed for Oct. 5th, 800 MSP each. For 240 MSP, you can get the Battle Mode DLC for SA2, which is the extra maps & characters for multiplayer that were added in the GCN version of the game, along with Chao Karate.

& NiGHTS does come with the Christmas NiGHTS expansion included for free.

all i care about is toejam and earl. ill buy nights day 1 but i wont buy sonic until it goes on sale OR if that battle mode dlc works in online multiplayer ill get it day 1 but i doubt they would be unlazy enough to add a feature, they didn't for jet set. jet set will be nice, but i hope tj & e comes out soon, the achievements leaked and that's all i've seen but i think that usually means thegame is pretty much ready

#5900 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Space Channel 5 Part 2 (speaking of which, when's the original gonna be on XBLA/PSN?)

Unlikely. Unlike Part 2 the backgrounds in that game aren't rendered in real time, they're FMVs, and if you try to play Part 1 on an HDTV you will see that it looks like complete ass. Porting the game to high resolution would require actually remaking those FMV movies from the ground up.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5901 chooka1

chooka1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi Guys....please forgive the ignorance demonstrated in this post.
Is it possible for me to buy a downlaod xbxo 360 code--or something--from a CAG user for Smash TV on XBLA to use under my profile?
I realize you no longer can buy Smash TV and other Midway games but the recent discussion on the compilation disc got me thinking.

If so, I'm interested. Please PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks,
Chad

#5902 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Unlikely. Unlike Part 2 the backgrounds in that game aren't rendered in real time, they're FMVs, and if you try to play Part 1 on an HDTV you will see that it looks like complete ass. Porting the game to high resolution would require actually remaking those FMV movies from the ground up.

Ahh, so that's why. I was among the many wondering why Sega went right for the sequel when it was originally announced. Oh well, guess I'll have to find a cheap PS2 version or something.

Now I just hope that Skies of Arcadia makes it, considering they renewed the trademark for it earlier this month (though they might've just done it to secure the rights).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5903 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi Guys....please forgive the ignorance demonstrated in this post.
Is it possible for me to buy a downlaod xbxo 360 code--or something--from a CAG user for Smash TV on XBLA to use under my profile?
I realize you no longer can buy Smash TV and other Midway games but the recent discussion on the compilation disc got me thinking.

If so, I'm interested. Please PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks,
Chad

You should use the trade forum for this sort of thing. This thread in particular should help you out.

#5904 hunterr2d2

hunterr2d2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Starting tomorrow there is a going to be a 50% off sale on most (1100 Songs) of the Rock Band 3/ Rock Band Blitz DLC.

http://www.rockband....ad.php?t=231797

http://www.rockband....saleGraphic.pdf

#5905 chooka1

chooka1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

You should use the trade forum for this sort of thing. This thread in particular should help you out.

Thanks...new to trading codes.

#5906 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Starting tomorrow there is a going to be a 50% off sale on most (1100 Songs) of the Rock Band 3/ Rock Band Blitz DLC.

http://www.rockband....ad.php?t=231797

http://www.rockband....saleGraphic.pdf

Fuck yeah!

#5907 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hoooooly crap, that's a lot of songs. I'm 1/2 tempted to try out RB Blitz, and if I like it, get the songs I want on sale, then wait for Blitz to be on sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5908 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

That's an amazing sale. Unfortunately there's not a lot I want in Rock Band that I don't already have. :lol: Might pick up some of the larger packs like Pixies, Bob Marley, and No Doubt.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5909 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

just went through that list... I could easily burn 4000 points on songs I'd like to get... but I've already finished Blitz and don't really play RB3 that often... so torn b/c this DLC NEVER goes on sale... hmmm... decisions decisions...

#5910 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm so glad I never ever bought a Rock Band Game..lol