XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#31 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Bought Nin2-Jump, but still waiting for Guardian Heroes to go on sale.

Seriously. I wouldn't be scratching my head on why this hasn't dropped yet if it wasn't a Sega game. And man, those go on sale all the time. But no Guardian Heroes yet. Hopefully soon.
Posted Image

#32 KRONUS EGGPLANT

KRONUS EGGPLANT

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Nothing for me for 2 weeks.
Um, whoever was talking about getting the dead island DLC, I wouldn't personally the 2 dlc packs are not worth the cash. "Bloothbath" arena I bought the day it came out, good luck finding anybody playing it and it is easy to level up but it's no where as fun as the single player campaign. The 4 times I ve played it. I always got stuck with a couple 11 year old british kids who had some really foul mouths. "Ryder White DLC" is single player only, no co op and no Achievements. Now Dead island is a great game but the DLC is simply not worth it.

#33 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

It's technically a Japanese-only game, but it's region free, so you could import it & then get the DLC off the US marketplace.

Sounds like another import for me! Guess I should buy that DLC and hunt down a cheap copy of the game.

Keep up the great work as always reddjoey. I always love opening up and getting a big whiff of that new thread smell!

#34 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

So you don't need to create a Japanese account and points to buy it?
I suck at shooters but the fact that this is a retail game and I have points to burn makes it very intriguing to me. If I can buy it using my US account I may just pull the trigger.

Edit:The more I look at it the more confused I get. Is this the full game or just the DLC?

It's just DLC, don't buy it unless you have the disc-based game.

Games like Jenga and Connect 4 work fine locally. This is targeted at families after all who would likely play them that way. Of course I think I'd still rather play the physical versions of both. Battleship and Scrabble though? Those aren't games where you want to share a screen. Still, if you've got no one to play with, $5 isn't bad.

Battleship isn't too bad locally. Just look away when the other player is placing their ships, and you're good to go. The location of the ships don't show on the screen once they've been placed, it's kind of nice.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#35 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

It's technically a Japanese-only game, but it's region free, so you could import it & then get the DLC off the US marketplace.

I was so glad that we got DeathSmiles 2 via GoD. I really wish they'd do the same with the rest of Cave's games. It seems like Cave and MS are leaving some money on the table.

#36 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yay! New thread. As I've mentioned before, though the deals have mostly sucked as of late the conversation has gotten better. Kudos RJ, and thanks again for your dilligence.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#37 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

http://marketplace.x...n/dealoftheweek

This updated with VOOT, Nin2, and Guwange added. Haunt still not officially acknowledged.

About the Mushihime DLC, I'd imagine it'd work with US account DLC + disc, but would it work with US account DLC + HK account GoD? It's almost half price from there, and I've already practiced my pro VPNing skills.

The game itself is almost half off on GoD in HK? Might just download it at the same time I get VOF to work.

#38 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Bought Nin2-Jump, but still waiting for Guardian Heroes to go on sale.

I'd love to see Guardian Heroes. Ikaruga too, I wish that one was on sale this week. I thought it was when I was viewing Spylon's site this morning, but I got it and Guwange confused.

Yay! New thread. As I've mentioned before, though the deals have mostly sucked as of late the conversation has gotten better. Kudos RJ, and thanks again for your dilligence.

Ya, the discussion here is usually pretty great. It gets pretty off the topic of XBLA deals, but there's a lot of XBLA experts here which makes it a great place to discuss downloadable games.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#39 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Yawn.....another week, another lame sale. Well, at least MS is being consistent. I will give them that. Consistently bad is still consistent.

#40 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Boo! I can't redeem any points on XBOX.com or via the dash! Guess I'll try again later as both suggest.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#41 heatison777

heatison777

The Heat is On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Between this and BB moving BF3 out @ $20, I think EA will repackage BF3 with 1st DLC when the 2nd DLC releases.

#42 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Since it was the LAST post in the other thread before Joey closed it:

Yeah, I wasn't interested in the full game, certainly not at full price. I bought Battleship and Scrabble on their own on sale. Sorry Sliders was an accident. The wife seems to like Yahtzee, so I'll get that this week. Total price to me: $20

The disk still costs $44 on Amazon. If I get the other 'disk' games at $5 each as well, I'd have them all at $35 (but I won't)

Print run on the disk version was sparse. It was a fucking bitch and a half to corral at a lower price when I picked up my hard copy version (must-have-all-disk games crazy me). Amazon's price is pretty consistent. GoHastings and Ebay have had a few steals for it, but I don't anticipate the value dipping.

Sadly, I wasn't as smart when it came to NCAA Basketball 2010. It's a sports game, why wouldn't I be able to get it for under $7?
-Michael

Posted Image

#43 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

They could've at least thrown some Battlefield avatar items in there or something along those lines.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#44 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I've got an extra code for the Hybrid beta if somebody here wants it.

Edit: Code is gone.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 01 May 2012 - 09:19 PM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#45 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Dunno about needing a Japanese account. It's on the US marketplace, though someone would probably need to be a guinea pig to test if the transaction goes through.

I already bought it this morning and it downloaded just fine. Haven't actually had a chance to try playing it yet though.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#46 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

As a big fan of Scribblenauts and not at all a fan of online MP shooters, I must say I'm disappointed with how much time 5th Cell is spending on Hybrid. I went into the Beta with high hopes, but it's just another online shooter with a different control scheme.

#47 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

It's just DLC, don't buy it unless you have the disc-based game.

Wow. So they have the DLC on the US site for a disc based game that never came out in the US? That is freaking amazing.....not to mention retarded.
I thought it was a Games on Demand game there for a second. :cry:

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#48 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

I will pick up thr BF3 DLC since I grabbed the game for $20 @best buy.

Man you people are cheap.

#49 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

I thought it was a Games on Demand game there for a second. :cry:

As did I. 600msp for a full game sounded good to me, so when I found out it was just DLC I was sad as well.

#50 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Can't believe Battlefield 3 DLC is on sale the day after I buy the game for a discount.

#51 frazzums

frazzums

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Can't believe Battlefield 3 DLC is on sale the day after I buy the game for a discount.

Coincidence....I think so.

All these company's are in cahoots. :lol:
Posted Image

#52 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

I agree, I'm pretty baffled as to what the gold exclusive sales are. I would grab them quick if interested, especially since the May rewards is on music DLC.

Here is the status as we know it:

Family Pack? Could Haunt be the family pack deal? Sucks that they don't show up on the dash but do appreciate the extra sale.
NIN2-JUMP - Gold Price: 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Game for Windows Live - DOTW
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Unknown
Mushihimesama-hutari-Black-Lavel - Gold Price: 600 ($7.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram - Gold Price: 600 ($7.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Haunt - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Guwange - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Price Drops
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - 1600 ($20.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Alice: Madness Returns - 2400 ($30.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Yahtzee - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Sorry! - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Sorry! Sliders - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Scrabble - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Jenga - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Pictureka - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Connect 4 - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Connect 4x4 - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Battleship - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Boggle - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

FYI beware EA just turned off the online servers for all the Hasbro Family Game Night games yesterday, so they're local play only now. Only affected 1 achievement total, but affects those (like me) without local co-op opportunities.

Not surprising the games were discounted as a result. Like others have said, the disc version had a very small print run so if you want these best bet is to download them.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#53 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

Nice, new thread. I might have to bite on Nin2-Jump just to add to the arcade backlog. I was able to pick up NBA Jam OFE and the 2K12 DLC last minte. It feels good to finally spend some of these points.
502070.png

#54 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

New thread sweet I was confused for a second :lol:

#55 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

This is gonna be a really stupid question, so does shutdown of the family game night servers mean I can no longer play with a friend that also has it or does that just mean I can't find randoms?

No online whatsoever.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#56 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Probably not, but it certainly isn't getting them money. Those games are like three years old, which apparently makes them long dead in the video game world.

What's really baffling is that we were told our Gold subscription fees were supposed to pay to make sure these things kinda, y'know, didn't happen. Just another reason to play PC, I guess. ┐( ̄3 ̄)┌

#57 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

http://marketplace.x...n/dealoftheweek

This updated with VOOT, Nin2, and Guwange added. Haunt still not officially acknowledged.

About the Mushihime DLC, I'd imagine it'd work with US account DLC + disc, but would it work with US account DLC + HK account GoD? It's almost half price from there, and I've already practiced my pro VPNing skills.

VPNing skills?

#58 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

VPNing skills?

It's like, when you follow a web tutorial to the letter and buy something off a foreign marketplace through a VPN. It was in the last thread. (´・ω・`)

#59 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

In my opinion, I don't think people should be complaining about weak sales during the middle of the Microsoft Arcade Next promotion. MS is trying to raise awareness and interest in the new XBLA games Trials Evolution, Fable Heroes, Minecraft 360. Theoretically, that is where you are supposed to be spending you points at this time.

/ 2¢

Joey, you don't have the Arcade Next promotion listed with the XBLA stuff. :booty:

Edited by gordojones88, 01 May 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Probably not, but it certainly isn't getting them money. Those games are like three years old, which apparently makes them long dead in the video game world.

What's really baffling is that we were told our Gold subscription fees were supposed to pay to make sure these things kinda, y'know, didn't happen. Just another reason to play PC, I guess. ┐( ̄3 ̄)┌

You're paying for Microsoft's servers to stay up, not third-party servers.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki