XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#6001 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

checking xbldb. com frequently and some RB Song offers are already expired again? lol

#6002 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

If anyone wants a Fable Heroes review, here's mine! Lots of obvious room for improvement, but still a fun game with friends or family.

does anybody know when this rockband sale ends

I can't even tell when your sentence ends (or begins) due to the lack of punctuation and capitalization.

Dragon's Lair is terrible. I didn't have a bond with it in the arcades, though I was certainly an arcade gamer then. It's just a memorization game. You'll have a lot more fun playing Simon.

It's not for everybody, but I liked it in the arcade and liked it even better at home with unlimited continues and multiple Achievements to go after. My son has no nostalgia for the original version and yet he liked it too, probably because he enjoys cartoons.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#6003 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

I was thinking about buying Fable Heroes a couple weeks back, glad I waited.

#6004 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

I was thinking about buying Fable Heroes a couple weeks back, glad I waited.

Same here. I'll bite on it for 400.

Didn't see it mentioned, but Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 dropped to 1600 for the GoD version.

Known elsewhere as The Reverend Menagerie.

The new SoulXchange.org Sell your soul, what else is it good for?

#6005 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

..do you have friends? =P lol

With two small kids the answer is a resounding NO! :cry:

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#6006 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

With two small kids the answer is a resounding NO! :cry:

Aww, I like you okay. But heck, I play more games with my kids than anyone else. Automatic local co-op partners!

-Paul Acevedo

#6007 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

I can't even tell when your sentence ends (or begins) due to the lack of punctuation and capitalization.

I LOLed.

Thanks for the Dragon's Lair info.

#6008 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned but when you boot up Rock Band 3 and go to the music store, they have an entire section for what's on sale. Which hilariously,when I exited the menu, won't let me back into the sales section.

edit: yeah lol. I rebooted the whole game and I still can't access the sale section. So dumb.

#6009 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Aww, I like you okay. But heck, I play more games with my kids than anyone else. Automatic local co-op partners!

Mine are 6 and 2. The 6 year old is a girl so she's more interested in Wii dancing games than something like Gears of War. ;)

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#6010 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Mine are 6 and 2. The 6 year old is a girl so she's more interested in Wii dancing games than something like Gears of War. ;)

Ah, my daughter is 5 so they're not that far apart. Wii dancing games? *cough* Kinect *cough* But seriously, mine enjoys a lot of Kinect stuff. We also run through beat-em-ups of all kinds (including Fable Heroes) and Skylanders together, but not M-rated games or shooters of course. Guess I'm lucky she caught that particular interest from me.

-Paul Acevedo

#6011 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Ah, my daughter is 5 so they're not that far apart. Wii dancing games? *cough* Kinect *cough* But seriously, mine enjoys a lot of Kinect stuff. We also run through beat-em-ups of all kinds (including Fable Heroes) and Skylanders together, but not M-rated games or shooters of course. Guess I'm lucky she caught that particular interest from me.

I've tried a few Kinect games with her. She liked Happy Action Theater. She didn't really care for Once Upon a Monster. I have Kinectimals and a Rabbids game in the backlog so we may try those. None of the above though is really fun for me, but I do enjoy playing games with her every now and then, so I'll take what I can get.
She is much more interested in her DS games and some Wii titles like Dancing games (just dance kids or something like that), Nickelodeon Fit, and Wii sports. Again, none of which is my cup of tea. I guess I can grab Fable Heroes and see what she thinks about it.
Hopefully, I can sway the boy to my kind of games before his sister brainwashes him *shudder*.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#6012 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Couldn't find it mentioned, but as a tie-in to this sale there's a Rock Band Blitz goal that gives 160 msp for completing. Get it by earning 30 stars on any songs from the Blitz soundtrack. "while supplies last"

For those who haven't dabbled in the goals, you need to link your account to their facebook app.

#6013 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Couldn't find it mentioned, but as a tie-in to this sale there's a Rock Band Blitz goal that gives 160 msp for completing. Get it by earning 30 stars on any songs from the Blitz soundtrack. "while supplies last"

For those who haven't dabbled in the goals, you need to link your account to their facebook app.

What's the Goal's name?

#6014 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

I have a 2 year-old son who is non-stop. Any recommendations for kinect games that could keep him busy for 20 minutes while I make dinner? Lol. Kid loves watching me play hard corps uprising though!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#6015 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

What's the Goal's name?

Free DLC Code Challenge

#6016 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I have a 2 year-old son who is non-stop. Any recommendations for kinect games that could keep him busy for 20 minutes while I make dinner? Lol. Kid loves watching me play hard corps uprising though!

Happy Action Theater. Balloon level is a good distraction for someone that young.

Edited by ooga, 18 September 2012 - 03:22 PM.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#6017 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

happy action theater. Balloon level is a good distraction for someone that young.

+1

#6018 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Double Fine Happy Action Theater. Simple, glorious playtime fun for kids without any of the kinect calibration or recognition annoyances. (edit: ninja'd by Ooga and Brother Daz. Make that 3 recommendations for DFHAT).

#6019 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just saw XBLDB update with Rock Band stuff. It begins...

Also, the hell are we going to do about the OP this week? I mean I have free time but not THAT much free time, lol.

Gonna at least dig around to see what non-Rock Band stuff is on sale. Looking like RB DLC is the DotW..

Edit: Also, I don't remember if someone talked about wanting it released on XBLA in the past but the Killer Instinct trademark was just renewed by Microsoft.

FriskyTanuki made a full list of every Rock Band song on sale for the PSN thread, if you want to throw that in the OP. I would actually PM him and ask permission first, since I'm sure he sunk a bunch of time into that.

S&S+ Scratch & Win updated. Avatar prop is the prize. Looks like it's Chinese Takeaway.

Losing deals:

- All Zombies Must Die! (400 MSP, 50% off)
- Puzzle Arcade (400 MSP, 50% off)
- Lara Craft & The Guardian of Light (600 MSP, 50% off)

Update: Coming to Xbox Live Marketplace blog posted.

Sweet, I'll grab AZMD. Glad I showed restraint when it was 560msp. Still waiting for Scarygirl to pop up in one of these random sales.

Fable heroes on sale until October 15th?? Might as well just make it a price drop. Unless MajorNelson made a typo (happens all the time).
Is it even worth 400 points? Lots of hate for the game and I don't think I've seen 1 positive post about it thus far.

I had an enjoyable hour or so playing Fable Heroes with my brother. It's not great, but for 400msp I'd recommend it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6020 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestion!!
Edit: Darn, this was on sale a while back wasn't it? *hangs head in shame*

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#6021 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

The Rock Band World goal is called "Free DLC Code Challenge". You need to already have 2 medium goals completed before it will unlock.

Crunchewy.png

#6022 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

My 6 year old daughter has developed a fascination with Ms. Splosion Man and Splosion Man. It started just b/c she was pink and manic, but she will actually play the games for hours (lots of repeating the first few levels) and only very rarely ask for help. Not sure why but the whole package is just fascinating to her, the dancing, the comments she makes, the loading screens, the sploding, the bonus content, all of it. That grew into trying splosion man which, by all counts, is MUCH easier difficulty-wise. Other than those, she also loves lego pirates of the caribbean and has bouts with Toy Story 3 and The Fancy Pants Adventures.

#6023 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

+ another 1 for Happy Action Theater. It's great for kids and honestly as a 30 year old dad I think it's fun too. :D

My kids also love Once Upon a Monster and Kinectimals but with those you kind of need an adult playing with the kids if they're that young. But a 2 year old would have no problem playing DFHAT, you can put the rotation on auto and there's no input required, you just play. :)

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6024 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'll pick up Fable Heroes to play with the kids (boys, 3 and 5). I thought the demo was decent enough, and they both really enjoyed it. Next week I'll most likely get the Pinball FX2 Marvel Avengers table.

I can also vouch for Happy Action Theater being a good source of entertainment for the little ones (although my friend's kid got freaked out by the lava game).
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#6025 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

FriskyTanuki made a full list of every Rock Band song on sale for the PSN thread, if you want to throw that in the OP. I would actually PM him and ask permission first, since I'm sure he sunk a bunch of time into that.

Or one could copy/paste it from the announcement thread in the Rock Band forums.

link

There's also this PDF that they made which breaks the packs into prices and shows all of the singles. That could be linked to in the OP.

edit: And FYI, when you complete the Blitz goal the 160 msp code shows up immediately in your completed goals list.

#6026 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

My 4 year old son can not get enough of Costume Quest. Highly recommend picking it up if you didn't already. Might even be on sale soon with Halloween coming up.

Another game he loves is Comic Jumper. But its one of those games that he will just play the first level over and over since it gets tough after that. So if you don't have it, download the demo and you will be fine.
Posted Image

#6027 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yeah have seen this too, maybe longer promo for Fable Journey hum..anyway I should have waited then and maybe bought it in october with new xbox rewards options lol...

For the game itself I've been told that the game is much fun as long as you have friends to play with...(kinda Mario Party-style) question is..do you have friends? =P lol

new options?

#6028 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Exited for more Pinball FX 2 tables on sale next week.

#6029 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

new options?

yep other than the 100 MSP for watching 10 hours sports/entertainment app...since october will have other rewards..that's what I meant..

#6030 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I still don't even have my August rewards points...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts