XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#6721 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I agree, the new layout of the OP is excellent.
Great job to any and all involved!:applause:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#6722 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just a quick reminder, SSF2THDR is on the Capcom Digital Collection disc, which is pretty cheap right now (I don't know exactly where to put this on the wiki).

Speaking of HDR, does anyone who has it know how much of the game can be made to be exactly like the original? I remember hearing that the game had an option for the original sprites, but is it also possible to get the original 4:3 AR back? 16:9 just feels iffy for this game.

#6723 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

I also got a code for SSF2THDR when I first bought my Resident Evil Limited 120 GB Xbox this and Resi 5 was included as well as Resi 5 Premium Theme......just saying nothing worth for the OP lol

#6724 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I know this is a frightfully stupid question and probably unanswerable, but if you had to pick between the Transformers game and Prototype, which would you pick? I'm 200 points short of being able to get both.

MildObstruction.png

#6725 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

I know this is a frightfully stupid question and probably unanswerable, but if you had to pick between the Transformers game and Prototype, which would you pick? I'm 200 points short of being able to get both.

easy, if you like transformers at all, go with that one. its a great game, and i got kinda bored with prototype (but #2 was pretty good).

#6726 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

For some reason I found this to be extremely funny:

9/18 - 10/15 ... "Fable: The Journey" pre-release re-acquaintance sale
Fable Heroes - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic(55)

As if they needed people to be re-acquainted with the mediocrity that is Fable...

#6727 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

just realized that i have assault heroes one and have never even booted it up. I think i bought it with an older account or something. Looks like im throwin some bing points at 2 :)

with my two purchases of the Walking Dead episodes im up to 800 pts on the Oct promotion. I think I might watch Chernobyl Diaries on Zune. Its really nice knowing that Bing is paying for all of this. Has anyone hit their 64000 pt limit yet/before? Im curious as to about how long that would take...

#6728 vegivo

vegivo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

anyone know why the price for prototype is still $14.99?

#6729 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

No clue. It was $9.99 earlier when I went to see if it had a demo. Stealth price increase? If so, that made my decision a million times easier.

Transformers WFC is still $9.99

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#6730 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Deathsmiles 2 X seems like a horror themed marketplace item to me.

http://forums.xbox.c...04.aspx#1807804

Send some support my way :)

TheVila.png

#6731 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

Is there no releases on xbla tomorrow? I can't find anything besides friday for nights/sonic

#6732 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Is there no releases on xbla tomorrow? I can't find anything besides friday for nights/sonic

Those are the next two scheduled releases.

#6733 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

In for Dungen Fighter, Virtua Fighter 5 (probably should have held out for 400msp) and Arkadian Warriors (almost bit for 400 a long time ago, 200 is good enough). Dungeon Fighter will probably move towards the top of the backlog, been interested in that one. Surprised it's on sale already.

Transformers: WfC is still how much?? Glad I bought it during one of those Family Video sales forever ago. $10 was a great deal then, apparently still a good deal. Picked up the DLCs during the last sale. Started to play it but after a level or so kind of lost interest. Would be a ton more fun if I played coop with friends.

Looking forward to next week's sales too. Seriously, what does that make it? Like the fourth week in a row with some good fresh content on sale?

In for Toy Soldiers 1 and the DLCs for 1 and 2. Toy Soldiers will skyrocket to the top of my play list I think. Been wanting to play 2 but refused to play it before the first one knowing it was only a matter of time before it went on sale

#6734 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Real tempted by Braid, but I'd rather avoid the Sales & Specials app. I'll stew on the possibly of a future sale on this one and make a decision at the end of the week.

I bought Toy Soldiers Cold War when it was on sale last time, but haven't played it yet. I guess I'll give the demo for the first one a try to see if it's worth adding to the backlog. I generally don't like these kinds of games enough to entertain the DLC though.

I'll check out the Arkadian demo too.

Dungeon Fighter demo felt pretty dry to me. Guess I'm not much of a grinder. Tempted by Transformers, but I don't think I'm a big enough fan of the franchise, and oh that backlog...
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#6735 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Was it a price mistake? Damnit, I wanted it for $9.99. My CAG instincts will not allow 400 more points.

#6736 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

For some reason I found this to be extremely funny:

9/18 - 10/15 ... "Fable: The Journey" pre-release re-acquaintance sale
Fable Heroes - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic(55)

As if they needed people to be re-acquainted with the mediocrity that is Fable...

As if closing out the app for 4 weeks will raise the Metacritic rating or expectations ... they should just make "Fable Heroes" FREE for anyone that plays "Fable: The Journey" in the first 2 weeks ... that'll at least drive up initial demand. :lol:

And to limelight022 ... thanks for your edits to the OP, but I hope you don't mind that I undid your vandalism.

Why?

Because I care. :-P

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#6737 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Doesn't the game take place during Christmas (I feel like someone will mention Nightmare Before Christmas)? & I never really thought of the series as "horror". It's kind of like saying Plants Vs. Zombies counts as horror because zombies are considered scary. But if it somehow counts, then that might finally motivate me to get the game instead of waiting for it to be on sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6738 KRONUS EGGPLANT

KRONUS EGGPLANT

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Was it a price mistake? Damnit, I wanted it for $9.99. My CAG instincts will not allow 400 more points.

I'm there with you... I was going to buy microsoft points tomorrow and buy it for 800 points but 1200 points is way too much. I played it when it first came out.. it was fun but repetitive, worth 5-10 dollars but that extra 5 dollars is too much :p

#6739 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

This. Ten dollars has become my absolute limit for full games...five for XBLA titles.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#6740 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

No idea why this game hasn't gone on sale yet. It's the Japanese rom just brought over (even the achievements pop up in Japanese) and was a on the lowest end for top sellers for GoD. I'd buy it for $10 *maybe* $15 as I enjoyed the first Deathsmiles quite a bit.

#6741 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

Just a quick reminder, SSF2THDR is on the Capcom Digital Collection disc, which is pretty cheap right now (I don't know exactly where to put this on the wiki).

Good catch ... I was going to (eventually) insert some CAG game-finder prices for the Activision GoD titles (example: $44.99 is still too much for "Prototype 2" as a GoD), and this is another case where the disc is better than buying as a software download.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#6742 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

XBLIG Gateways! is on sale for 80 msp for a limited time. It's sort of a 2D Portal platformer. Normal price is 240 msp and it's $5 on Steam. It's by Smudged Cat, the same people who made The Adventures of Shuggy. It's gotten some positive buzz and it was part of the Indie Games Uprising promotion.

The price should be good for at least a week because XBLIG devs can't change their prices more frequently than that.

4Ze9g8I9I-k

#6743 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

Prototype is janky as hell anyway. I couldn't recommend it even if it was 10 bucks. Your gaming hours are better spent elsewhere.

#6744 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Anyone else play the Arkadian Warriors demo? Is there seriously no way to change the camera controls? To me, both the X and Y axes are backwards.

Not having the simple option of adjustable x-axis and y-axis camera controls is a cardinal sin to me. I can't even justify spending 200msp on it, maybe I'll spend a buck on that Smudged Cat game instead.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#6745 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

XBLIG Gateways! is on sale for 80 msp for a limited time. It's sort of a 2D Portal platformer. Normal price is 240 msp and it's $5 on Steam. It's by Smudged Cat, the same people who made The Adventures of Shuggy. It's gotten some positive buzz and it was part of the Indie Games Uprising promotion.

The price should be good for at least a week because XBLIG devs can't change their prices more frequently than that.

Geez, this only came out a couple weeks ago. I can most definitely justify the $1 for it.

#6746 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Anyone else play the Arkadian Warriors demo? Is there seriously no way to change the camera controls? To me, both the X and Y axes are backwards.

Not having the simple option of adjustable x-axis and y-axis camera controls is a cardinal sin to me. I can't even justify spending 200msp on it, maybe I'll spend a buck on that Smudged Cat game instead.

I didn't really enjoy the Arkadian demo either. The camera, the graphics, the combat....everything felt kind of low grade, not very crisp. It may be worth the 200 msp, but it's not worth my time.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#6747 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

Speaking of HDR, does anyone who has it know how much of the game can be made to be exactly like the original? I remember hearing that the game had an option for the original sprites, but is it also possible to get the original 4:3 AR back? 16:9 just feels iffy for this game.

+1 for recommending the Digital Collection. If you can catch it for like 15 bucks, it's a absolute steal. SF: HDR is amazing by itself for $7.50 honestly.

You can play either the rebalanced HDR mode or Classic SF2: ST (a.k.a the best game of all time).

You can indeed change it to original 4:3 gameplay, or the new zoomed=in 19:9 widescreen.

You can change the characters to smoothed out HD art (which does looks great) or the timeless (and outstanding looking) sprites. The ONLY thing you really can't do is change the backgrounds to non-HD.

You can AND should pick it up if you're at all a fan of 2D fighting games. It's the best without a doubt. There are also a TON of optional advanced stuff you can enable or disable if you were at once point serious about your Super Turbo.

This game gets a lot of bad rep because of the updated HDR moveset, but it can be disabled. Both are viable to be played seriously.

#6748 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Time to trade in War for Cybertron for $12 at Best Buy, and then by a digital copy.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6749 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Just want to say that NiGHTS is a very nice port. It's widescreen, still looks pretty good other than some simple geometry, and has a fantastic soundtrack. There seems to be a lot of extras, like character art, movies (including an interview with the producer), and the ability to view the little Nightopians living in your game world. Plus Christmas NiGHTS, which I haven't unlocked yet. However, I expect the game will be too hard or weird for many new players - it's like no other game, and takes a lot of getting used to and practice.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#6750 Crono-00

Crono-00

Backlog 4 Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

New deals mean the thread starts jumping, and there are quite a few. Some nice new ones, and a decent bunch of repeats just for others to catch up.

Capcom fighters do the same damn thing. At least Sega had the decency to charge only $15 for the base game instead of $60. They were also very upfront about their reasons for doing so: the base game was already nearly 2GB, so giving the costumes out for free would have put them over the limit. It also lets them sell the base game for a low price, allowing new players to get into the series (you know, since VF has never been the most popular game overseas), while still allowing hardcore players to get the customization options that the arcade version had. Speaking of customization, the DLC isn't just some crappy costume, it's a ludicrous amount of items that you can use to customize your character (I think a thousand? I dunno what the numbers are). I abhor DLC more than most people here, but even I'm with Sega on this one.

The DLC is an ok idea but, it costs $30 to buy skins for a fighting game that costs $15. completely cosmetic, i don't see how that's not a rip off, regardless if capcom or every company around does it as well, that black horse is still black. its legit they split it up if they had to but the DLC packs didn't need to be $15 each come on that's ridic for more or less playing dressup on xbox. and if you just want wolf you have to pay five dollars to put a hat on him! i love me some sega but those economics don't make any sense. IMO it's solely trying to suck money from the 'man i love VF i hope they make another one, so i better spend $30 on their DLC and support them' loyal fans that sega lives on, and that's just silly no matter what company is pulling it.

Yes. It's silly to complain about completely optional cosmetic DLC. That kind of content is a good way for publishers to make money without shafting people who only buy the base game since it doesn't deprive anyone of meaningful content.

I am mostly with eastx, yet I still do feel the price of the non-meaningful content could be priced lower for my liking. I appreciate how I can play Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition as is, however I would love some variety with alternate costumes, just not that much at the current standard price for the alternate costume packs. I still desire some slightly meaningful DLC in a couple of Konami games like the characters and music packs for Castlevania: Harmony of Despair and Otomedius Excellent but unfortunately they are priced high especially for the quantity of DLC. Speak of the additional characters of Street Fighter X Tekken and the effect it has on the overall game, debate would ensue. Fortunately for me, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown is worth the deal price for the base game and I can live with just that. However, all the costume packs could use a lower entry point in price. Want to give, but won't.

The Activision sale is for the most part a giant repeat but that's not necessarily a bad thing (Assault Heroes 1 & 2, and Geometry Wars 2 were included in that massive Back2School sale, kinda regret picking up the AH games instead of Warp now because of this repeat sale..) but I'm loving seeing WFC for such a low price, had always meant to pick up the game because I got the 2 DLC packs (also on sale during Back2School, and stuff I would have waited on 'till now) but the disk copy is still so expensive. But I see I'm not the only physical-disk lover who is tempted to cave on this. The only GoD I have is Crysis, afterall..

I am in the same situation. I have a preference to have a physical copy. Can't find the physical release at a comparable price. Purchased the Transformers: War for Cybertron DLC on the Back2School sale, showing good faith that I will purchase the game eventually. Only bit on Crysis to be my lone Games on Demand title because there was no disc equivalent to my knowledge for the 360. Very tempted to just ... 800MSP ...

Hells to the yeah! That would make me hit my 2000MSP quota needed for this month's rewards and I highly desire that title still since it is the only other Games on Demand title I had highly desired alongside last week's discounted Crysis. Granted I would like a larger discount or reward, but I am growing a bit impatient, so in my current mood I am willing to take what I can get for a Deathsmiles 2X purchase. It's also a fine way for me to say, "I do want to throw some money at a region freed title on Games on Demand." Cave games are some of the few games which once in a while I shed my humble Cheap Ass Gamer hat, and pretend I get to be a Rich Ass Gamer, until my hat turns into a pumpkin again ... for Halloween.

Edited by Crono-00, 03 October 2012 - 07:46 AM.
Speaking of the Nightmare Before Christmas, I may have been fine with Christmas NiGHTS as DLC in December for the presents