XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#6751 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Just want to say that NiGHTS is a very nice port. It's widescreen, still looks pretty good other than some simple geometry, and has a fantastic soundtrack. There seems to be a lot of extras, like character art, movies (including an interview with the producer), and the ability to view the little Nightopians living in your game world. Plus Christmas NiGHTS, which I haven't unlocked yet. However, I expect the game will be too hard or weird for many new players - it's like no other game, and takes a lot of getting used to and practice.

Glad to hear the port was well handled, though from Joystiq's review, it seems some of the Christmas Nights content was removed, like a playable Sonic (noooooooooooo!). Not sure if other bonuses like the A-Life, Time Attack, music mixer, & such are gone. Someone with a PSN version will have to confirm this.

Also, 2-player mode was removed, though I didn't even know that feature existed in the original.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6752 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

My kids bought Transformers last night, and I just bought Gateways for 80 points. Seems kind of shitty to put the game on sale so soon after the Indie Game Uprising release of it, but I'm not complaining really. :)

Crunchewy.png

#6753 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Glad to hear the port was well handled, though from Joystiq's review, it seems some of the Christmas Nights content was removed, like a playable Sonic (noooooooooooo!). Not sure if other bonuses like the A-Life, Time Attack, music mixer, & such are gone. Someone with a PSN version will have to confirm this.

Also, 2-player mode was removed, though I didn't even know that feature existed in the original.

That review got posted awfully quickly given when the codes went out, so I'm hoping he might be mistaken. I'll try to check with SEGA about whether Sonic was actually removed. A-life is definitely part of the game. Didn't realize 2-player was gone, but that was such a throwaway feature, it truly isn't missed.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#6754 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hard to believe the wait for Nights is almost over!

Has there been any further word on anything regarding the Classics Collection for TJ and Big E? Thats what I'm literally dying for.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#6755 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hard to believe the wait for Nights is almost over!

Has there been any further word on anything regarding the Classics Collection for TJ and Big E? Thats what I'm literally dying for.

Someone discovered the cover art for ~35 unreleased XBLA titles recently. Toe Jam and Earl was one of them so I imagine it must be in the queue to come out relatively soon. Many of the titles on the list are announced games that are expected in the coming months.

#6756 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

On the original Sega Saturn version (demo of Christmas NiGHTS), the present to have Sonic run around the bottom was only available on the month of December. The other months of the year, the present would be locked up. Unless you were clever enough to change the system clock on the Sega Saturn ... <shifty eyes, trench coat up>

I only vaguely remembered the 2-player mode on the base NiGHTS: Into Dreams game. If I remember correctly it was a split-screen "boss attack" mode. Or I am fabricating a sort of vs. mode to encircle the other player. My memory is sort of hazy on this because I primarily played the main game.

I know my rose-colored nostalgia glasses are on. The game may be too simplistic for a modern audience, but I think this game will be ideal for the really young and persons who have reached my advanced age who remembered it. I can still almost vividly remember the wonderful colors and great music. I still envision the game a as simple stress-free point-attaining speedrun through sections over and over, avoiding the end goal until the last possible moment. Controls were pretty much free allowing players the freedom to move how they feel adds to its stress-free feeling. I am personally hyped for the XBLA release this Friday, and will pay the full 800MSP on release date.

This was one of the many games Sonic Team made before Sammy bought up the Sega name and forced Sonic Team to make Sonic games. Sonic Team used to express their creativity by producing wonderful games like Ristar, Chu Chu Rocket, Phantasy Star Online, Burning Rangers, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (I actually liked this one despite critical panning), Samba De Amigo, etc. I want to believe Sonic Team really did enjoy being free to make whatever they wanted to make, and then they hated being forced to make more Sonic games because, well, they were called Sonic Team. I think they purposely made crap Sonic games since, to try to send a message "help! they're hurting us" such that they are purposefully sabotaging the Sonic brand so it won't sell anymore so they can be free of making games with that character. I'm sure they thought they were free when they intended to bring a lawsuit or backlash onto their parent company by making the black hedgehog all urban by giving him guns looking for bling or with the inter-species erotica in glorious high def. Strange how no one ever got the message Sonic Team just simply doesn't want to make just Sonic games for over a decade. Or maybe I'm just delusional ^^.

Edited by Crono-00, 03 October 2012 - 02:45 PM.
It puts the lotion in the basket

#6757 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Major Nelson tweeted that NBA Live 2013 was supposed to be today's XBLA release but they decided not to release it. Interesting stuff. I think we suspected it would be digital, but that proves it.
Posted Image

#6758 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Major Nelson tweeted that NBA Live 2013 was supposed to be today's XBLA release but they decided not to release it. Interesting stuff. I think we suspected it would be digital, but that proves it.

Here's an article via Yahoo, which talks about EA's decision to cancel NBA Live '13 :

http://games.yahoo.c...-235017094.html

#6759 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

We knew it was going to be digital for a couple of months if I'm not mistaken and the news of EA canceling the series yet again made the waves a few days ago.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6760 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Played through Fable Heroes yesterday. It's got some interesting concepts and is worth the $5, in my opinion, but the floaty controls combined with not being able to move through fellow player characters made the game feel kind of weird. The end boss is good for a laugh.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#6761 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

We knew it was going to be digital for a couple of months if I'm not mistaken and the news of EA canceling the series yet again made the waves a few days ago.

At least I still have my NBA Elite 11 demo on my 360. I wonder if they will ever reduce the price of the online pass on the marketplace from 800MSP. I think it is due for a Deal of the Week in the future.

Guess I'll seeya when you get there, yeah

EDIT: I wanted to see how popular this DLC was, but I hit a wall and cannot see just after 4000 of the 10706 most popular add-ons. I am on the non-beta dashboard, and when I go to games>add-ons>most popular then use the RB to scroll through, either any entries past 4000 just keeps spinning the concentric circles or my system locks up. Is this happening for anyone else? I am also curious to know what is the 10706th most popular add-on is.

Edited by Crono-00, 03 October 2012 - 06:02 PM.
Hey, one time for the plan, straight to the top, I got the power in my hand zyeah!

#6762 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

Sorry, but going to overwrite your edits, since you're missing the (most-important) Activision titles. I've saved your work, and will re-integrate now ... or later. :-)

And until you fix your BBcode editor (or find a new one that doesn't mangle the source), please make your changes manually !!!

Just saw your work, it was definitely better that you overwrote my edits, but thank you for incorporating them (but you left out Brawlers & (Dungeon) Crawlers? Jeeeeez, everybody's a critic.)

And I'm SORRYYYYYYYY. :cry: I've just about given up on new approaches because I keep breaking the OP, getting better at manual edits. Honestly, I think it's the computers in this library (or the fact that I'm editing from IE) because when I do the edits at home on Chrome there's MUCH less of a problem.

Either way, fantastic job as always. I made a few pointless edits (and I only messed up one set of bullets this time!) and I boldened the WFC deal because I feel like it should stand out in that section a bit amongst all the crap. So thanks again for making my job easier/futile this week, you master editor, you.

I'm curious about this vandalism that got re-edited. Is it the "Games that are free on PSN" thing? Is that even true?

Definitely gonna recommend avoiding Prototype GoD for $15 (did you really have to change the price Activi$ion? you already closed down the studio behind the game..), you can easily pick up the disk version at around that price, and as others have said, it's not that great a game.

@Juice I saw Diaries in theatres, I'd say it wouldn't be worth a Zune rental, but if you do watch it, just temper your expectations. The first half is good build-up, but then it just gets really bleh and ends too quickly.

@Everyone For those wondering, Cornelius is pretty much single-handledly responsible for the much-improved OP format (especially the purty colours) so feel free to give credit where credit is due.

Edit: Okay, so I was just going over the OP one more time to call it a day (or week, really) and I just noticed all the random-ass spoiler tags. Originally I thought I broke something (I have no idea how), but upon going to the edit history I find -> limelight022 Reason: Condensing the thread because Cornelius thinks its "vandilism".

First of all, isn't it "vandalism"? Second of all, I'm pretty sure this is one of those times where you strip someone of Wiki Moderator status. Thank god for edit history.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 03 October 2012 - 04:01 PM.
Because shit broke and it wasn't my fault this time!

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#6763 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Someone discovered the cover art for ~35 unreleased XBLA titles recently. Toe Jam and Earl was one of them so I imagine it must be in the queue to come out relatively soon. Many of the titles on the list are announced games that are expected in the coming months.

Fantastic! Is there a link to this or the the arts found?

cannniaiainiaiac

#6764 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm liking the new OP however I don't like so much stuff being behind spoiler tags. Looks like some other random person came in and did that for some reason though.

#6765 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Fantastic! Is there a link to this or the the arts found?

Ask and ye shall receive!

-> http://venturebeat.c.../#s:boxartlg-28

It's legit because some of the artwork has been verified as correct. Enjoy.

Edit: My bad, had it bookmarked. All better now. Though louiedog posted the same exact thing, lmao.

Original page wasn't busted, the guy just edited his post to say Oops (I assume because he was asked to take the content down).

Edited by BobbyTastic, 03 October 2012 - 04:24 PM.
It works, I promise!

#6766 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Ask and ye shall receive!

-> http://www.neogaf.co...16&postcount=39

It's legit because some of the artwork has been verified as correct. Enjoy.

that link is busted for me. has a page that just says oops...

#6767 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=493651

Scroll down to about post 35 and you'll start seeing some of the new ones.

Though I had heard that Capsized was having problems with their publisher and wasn't gonna make it to XBLA.

EDIT: I lied, I see only about 5 new game art.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#6768 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

You can see them here. Unfortunately it's a slideshow.

#6769 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Anyone know anywhere doing deals on MS points this week? Or coming up this week? My account has been hacked twice when I use my card on my system, so I just don't trust MS with my card info anymore.

#6770 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Anyone know anywhere doing deals on MS points this week? Or coming up this week? My account has been hacked twice when I use my card on my system, so I just don't trust MS with my card info anymore.

There is just the forum for that:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=248984
Posted Image

#6771 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

There is just the forum for that:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=248984

Ah, never browsed that one since I thought it was just for the rewards stuff, sorry, and thanks!

#6772 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

You can see them here. Unfortunately it's a slideshow.

I personally don't think all of those will be coming soon. I think there's a few in there that were created and ready to go, then hit a snag somewhere and didn't make it out. I hope I'm wrong though. And thanks for the link.

#6773 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I personally don't think all of those will be coming soon. I think there's a few in there that were created and ready to go, then hit a snag somewhere and didn't make it out. I hope I'm wrong though. And thanks for the link.

I know Double Dragon 2 was planned for a while and I think they scrapped it in favour of Neon.

Edit: I'd fix the OP myself but I fear making it worse. Cornelius! Where art thou?

#6774 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

You're not wrong. There are no guarantees. Skulls of the Shogun art has probably been there for 2 years now. ;) Of course that is coming out this fall. I mean, it has to, right? Unless of course something goes horribly wrong with the Win 8 release.

#6775 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

I know Double Dragon 2 was planned for a while and I think they scrapped it in favour of Neon.

You're not wrong. There are no guarantees. Skulls of the Shogun art has probably been there for 2 years now. ;) Of course that is coming out this fall. I mean, it has to, right? Unless of course something goes horribly wrong with the Win 8 release.

Oh ok. As I mentioned above, Capsized is another one I don't think will see XBLA. I don't think Storm is going to make it either, and most of us know that Saint's Row: Money Shot was canceled as well.

#6776 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Now I can put all my energy into pining for TJ & E 3 to come to GoD or an XBLA port, which will undoubtedly never happen.

cannniaiainiaiac

#6777 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Edit: I'd fix the OP myself but I fear making it worse. Cornelius! Where art thou?

I took most the spoiler tags back out again but the formatting is still a little off. Maybe limelight can join the conversation and justify why he thinks the thread needs condensing and wants to use spoiler tags on it all.

I will say I think there's too much in the OP. Things like the September price drops can just go, ReddJoey never used to post them and I don't think they're important enough to share in the OP. Also, maybe putting the Rock Band and Dance Central DLC behind a spoiler may be a good idea, since those sales are going on for quite a while and there's a ton of content there.

That's just my 2 cent.

#6778 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

I think the only things that need spoiler tags are the music game stuff.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#6779 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

I took most the spoiler tags back out again but the formatting is still a little off. Maybe limelight can join the conversation and justify why he thinks the thread needs condensing and wants to use spoiler tags on it all.

I will say I think there's too much in the OP. Things like the September price drops can just go, ReddJoey never used to post them and I don't think they're important enough to share in the OP. Also, maybe putting the Rock Band and Dance Central DLC behind a spoiler may be a good idea, since those sales are going on for quite a while and there's a ton of content there.

That's just my 2 cent.

I put spoiler tags because the OP is littered with a LOT of information.
And you just said yourself- "I will say I think there's too much in the OP."
Condensing them down made it easier to browse by section (or so I thought)...

...I dont appreciate Cornelius sending me a PM about what I did and asking if its a sarcastic joke, then having say I was "vandalizing all the hard work" in the wiki edit history. So much for a wiki thread when one person decides what stays and what goes. If my help isnt appreciated then I simply wont help anymore. Same exact reason I stopped posting Target ads because people complained that i put a music video in the bottom of the OP. Big deal. No room for creativity here besides an avatar and a sig. Whatever.

/rant.

#6780 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

I think the only things that need spoiler tags are the music game stuff.

i share your opinion.