XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#6811 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

NiGHTS is definitely missing the playable Sonic feature from Christmas NiGHTS. Sad face, as that would've been so easy to include.

"While the dreams from Christmas NiGHTS are featured in the game, we were unfortunately unable to include all of the bonus features and modes. Hopefully players won't miss them too much while they're playing the holiday levels in high-definition!"

-SEGA

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#6812 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Glad I still own my Saturn and Christmas NiGHTS.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#6813 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

NiGHTS is definitely missing the playable Sonic feature from Christmas NiGHTS. Sad face, as that would've been so easy to include.

Does anyone know what else is missing, having never played it I guess I won't notice but if something really good was cut that will bother me for some reason.:)

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#6814 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Does anyone know what else is missing, having never played it I guess I won't notice but if something really good was cut that will bother me for some reason.:)

I'm not far enough along to know every little aspect, but it's important to keep in mind that Christmas NiGHTS was a separate bonus disc and not part of the main NiGHTS game. Every little part of the original game except for the 2-player versus mode (which sucked) is included, plus a few new bonus features that weren't in the original game like a video gallery, A-life tracking utility, etc.

The Christmas NiGHTS thing is like they gave us 2/3 of a DLC package, but at least we got some of that content in the XBLA game for free.

Edited by eastx, 04 October 2012 - 01:36 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#6815 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

I bet 90% of the people here that will complain about the missing features in Christmas Nights, didn't even know about Christmas Nights' existence prior to reading this thread. Its really no big deal.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#6816 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

From first hand experience, playing as Sonic was pretty terrible. It was clunky and awkward, fighting the boss with the eggman skin was pretty cool, but the actual dream level played horrible.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#6817 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Well that sucks. What about the other stuff, like the music mixer & A-Life?

In any case, I should be glad we even got Xmas Nights in the 1st place, let alone Nights on XBLA/PSN. Wonder if avatar awards got included as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6818 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

I don't think that the wiki part is bad. In fact, I like that part. What I don't like is how the thread has become a megaconglomerate for everything on Xbox Live. People come into this thread to discuss anything and everything related to Xbox Live when the thread is supposed to be about Xbox Live Deals of the Week. This thread is an unwieldy mess. People just camp out in this thread. I guess that's fine for those with the dedication but for other people, we shouldn't have to go through pages of info just to find pertinent info.

With the way the thread is, it should just be called Xbox Live.

I disagree completely with this. This thread is the main reason I come to CAG every day. I love that it's turned into discussions of all things XBLA, not just sales. If you're looking for pertinent info on sales, that's what the OP is for.

I bet 90% of the people here that will complain about the missing features in Christmas Nights, didn't even know about Christmas Nights' existence prior to reading this thread. Its really no big deal.

WHAT NO SONIC IN NIGHTS? (Never even heard of Nights before about a month ago)

#6819 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Ok so here's a question that I'll probably get some heat for...

Are the MW2 DLC's worth it at all? Which one or both?

I hated MW3 and recently stumbled upon my old MW2 disc. 600 points a pop is horrible, sure, but the MW1 maps seem like they could be great on MW2. Considering that MW1 is hacked to smithereens these days, I'd love to play those maps again in MW2....

Anyone?

Just a warning: the Fuel map in the Resurgence DLC has a glitch where players can hide inside the geometry of the level. That allows them to fire on their opponents while being practically invincible themselves. It's been a very long time since I've played MW2, but last I had heard the developers were not planning on fixing the glitch. That issue aside I still had a lot of fun with both map packs.

#6820 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

WHAT NO SONIC IN NIGHTS? (Never even heard of Nights before about a month ago)

I'll jump on this boat.

"Ya Sega is really bending us over on this one. Not including Sonic in the Chirstmas Nights is unforgivable, and I will not be purchasing the game for that reason!" (Only ever seen/heard of Nights because of Sega Superstar Tennis).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#6821 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

(Only ever seen/heard of Nights because of Sega Superstar Tennis).

Oh Tyler, you have so much gaming history to catch up on. :P

NiGHTS and his/its rival Reala are also in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Transformed, which is looking to be an awesome game (played it at two events already).

-Paul Acevedo

#6822 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I was so hoping those leaked XBLA game cover art included Shenmue...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6823 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Oh Tyler, you have so much gaming history to catch up on. :P

NiGHTS and his/its rival Reala are also in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Transformed, which is looking to be an awesome game (played it at two events already).

I was a Nintendo guy my entire childhood, and was never into arcades. So ya, there's a lot of stuff out there I missed out on. :)

I really enjoyed the first Sonic racing game, looking forward to the 2nd one.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#6824 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'll jump on this boat.

"Ya Sega is really bending us over on this one. Not including Sonic in the Chirstmas Nights is unforgivable, and I will not be purchasing the game for that reason!" (Only ever seen/heard of Nights because of Sega Superstar Tennis).

Furthermore, Nights and Christmas Nights are two separate games. Nights is the retail game, CN was a 2 level game given away mostly by a Saturn magazine (there were other ways to get it). So it,s not really part of the game.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#6825 smiley80118

smiley80118

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Well i just purchased Braid through the sales and specials app and it errored on me, Go to download history and it was there. Tried downloading it through there, errored again.

Now its trying to charge me 400 msp's again, and i already bought it once through their app.

Anyone else having this problem?

And does anyone know how to get a hold of the app owners to get it straighted out?

#6826 chooka1

chooka1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Try going to account history and past purchases. May show up there as a freebie download.
Avoid going through app.

#6827 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Would you guys recommend the Transformers: War for Cybertron DLC? I am thinking about buying the GoD version of the game since 800 Microsoft Points is a pretty good deal, but have no idea whether the DLC would be worth it.

#6828 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm really sorry for asking this here but I just bought a 360 slim last week and I can't decide if I should get the Nyko STS intercooler, I really just want it as I have 2 dogs who shed a lot and my PS3 gets really dusty as it is and I'm afraid with the big vent on the side of the Xbox if it will easily trap dust and dog hair inside, anybody with knowledge/experience with this could please help me out? I'd really appreciate, again I'm sorry for posting this here but idk where else to ask as YouTube videos aren't really helping me out. Just PM me

#6829 smiley80118

smiley80118

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well xbox live won't even connect now on either xbox's i have. After doing a google search xbox live has been crashing for the past 12-13 hours. Just done it for me 5 mins ago.

Guess i'm stuck playing nfl blitz on the ps3 until live comes back online later tonight.

As for purchase history idea, i went through download history, haven't tried purchase history yet on xbox live website. will try that later tonight when live comes back online.

#6830 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Well xbox live won't even connect now on either xbox's i have. After doing a google search xbox live has been crashing for the past 12-13 hours. Just done it for me 5 mins ago.

Guess i'm stuck playing nfl blitz on the ps3 until live comes back online later tonight.

As for purchase history idea, i went through download history, haven't tried purchase history yet on xbox live website. will try that later tonight when live comes back online.

Same thing happened to me, I just reset the console and I was able to connect though.

#6831 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Would you guys recommend the Transformers: War for Cybertron DLC? I am thinking about buying the GoD version of the game since 800 Microsoft Points is a pretty good deal, but have no idea whether the DLC would be worth it.

only if you plan on playing a lot of the escalation "horde" mode, most of the dlc is maps for that i THINK. some MP maps and characters too. if youre really into seeing the OG characters its worth it.

#6832 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

I've posted my Hell Yeah review (along with shorter impressions of Jet Set Radio) if anyone would like to check it out.

Also, Happy Wars and Worms Revolution are coming next week!

-Paul Acevedo

#6833 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'm really sorry for asking this here but I just bought a 360 slim last week and I can't decide if I should get the Nyko STS intercooler, I really just want it as I have 2 dogs who shed a lot and my PS3 gets really dusty as it is and I'm afraid with the big vent on the side of the Xbox if it will easily trap dust and dog hair inside, anybody with knowledge/experience with this could please help me out? I'd really appreciate, again I'm sorry for posting this here but idk where else to ask as YouTube videos aren't really helping me out. Just PM me

Most dust is dead human skin cells.

Take a bath and shave the dog.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#6834 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Happy Wars

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the thread. I'm really excited to see how it plays out, especially since it's Xbox Live's first online F2P XBLA game. :D

#6835 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

"F2P" (Req. Gold Sub)

76561198014930049.png

#6836 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

My wallet is ready.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Ok so here's a question that I'll probably get some heat for...

Are the MW2 DLC's worth it at all? Which one or both?

I hated MW3 and recently stumbled upon my old MW2 disc. 600 points a pop is horrible, sure, but the MW1 maps seem like they could be great on MW2. Considering that MW1 is hacked to smithereens these days, I'd love to play those maps again in MW2....

Anyone?

If you're still playing MW2 then by all means get both. I especially loved the maps Trailer Park and Carnival...pretty sure those were in Resurgence.

uc.png

#6837 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the thread. I'm really excited to see how it plays out, especially since it's Xbox Live's first online F2P XBLA game. :D

There are probably a lot of people in this thread who have already played it but aren't supposed to really talk about what's in it so they just say nothing.

#6838 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

played it on my friends xbox. i didnt sign an nda he did so dont attack me. played one game and never looked back, pretty boring.

#6839 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

I was so hoping those leaked XBLA game cover art included Shenmue...

+1.

I really want Shenmue too.

#6840 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

What I've heard so far has not been very pleasant.

Check out my CAG Blog!