XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#7111 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Those opposed to all the off-topic discussion should be taking it to a mod rather than letting a conversation about it drag on here. And knowing the mods here, they'll probably delete everything in sight without paying any attention to what the problem was to begin with. Just think, you might get what you want!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#7112 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

whomever redid the the first post, nice job. The font is kinda small, but its nice. Didnt know Catherine was on sale. Guess it time to finally buy it, since it seems like Gamefly wont have it on sale anymore.

#7113 vamn

vamn

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Meanwhile, the fondly-remembered Megadrive classic ToeJam & Earl now has an official XBLA release date. It’ll funk its way to Xbox Live on November 7th. MCV is reporting that you will be able to pick up a bundle of the game and its sequel, Panic on Funkotron, for 800 MSP.

Did they add anything to these (besides achievements)? Or is it just 2 Genesis roms for $10?

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#7114 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Is the original Toy Soldiers worth picking up if you have Toy Soldiers: Cold War?

TheVila.png

#7115 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Toe Jam & Earl was a fun game way back when, but I'm not sure I need to play it again. At least not for 800 pts. If it it goes on sale for 400 I'll probably pick it up.

Crunchewy.png

#7116 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Is the original Toy Soldiers worth picking up if you have Toy Soldiers: Cold War?

Yeah if you've played Cold War and enjoy the game, than Toy Soldiers is more of the same. I actually like it a lot more than Cold War because it's more challenging and requires more strategy. It's also twice as long as Cold War.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7117 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Yeah if you've played Cold War and enjoy the game, than Toy Soldiers is more of the same. I actually like it a lot more than Cold War because it's more challenging and requires more strategy. It's also twice as long as Cold War.

I agree, I also enjoyed the original Toy Soldiers a lot more than the sequel. It is much longer and requires more thought/less eye-hand coordination. I also found the World War I theme and setting more enjoyable. While still a little silly, it feels more historical than the overall camp of Cold War.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#7118 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Already spent 1000 points on Swarm, Quarrel, and CQ. I still gotta try World of Keflings. All of you say it's pretty good, so maybe I'll end up buying it too.

#7119 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Okay, fine. Let me rephrase my request, which re-reading it, I can see how you can think that such posts bother me.

Do I PERSONALLY mind? No, I'd be right there with you. What I was trying to say was that if I thought it was okay for this topic to become something like that, I would have been making posts like that already (since I've been tempted to many times).

Can I see people making complaints about it? Yes. Only a few pages back some people were saying how unhappy they were with how off-topic this topic gets already (and how many pages there are because of it), and as I said, I think the current level of off-topicness is okay, and I don't see there being legitimate grounds for any intervention.

I was just trying to suggest a rule that would avoid a future problem, and limit any "technical" rule-breaking. And also, myself and the other volunteers who maintain this thread weekly want this thread to inform and be as helpful to as many people as possible.

And let's face it, there are several people on this site who are sticklers when it comes to forum rules, particularly in the "deals" section. *cough* Gargus *cough*

This thread is so big and constantly maintained that we tend to get some leniency when it comes to off-deal topic discussion, but if the scenario I am afraid of starts coming up, I can absolutely see people complaining which may ultimately result in this thread's discussion being moderated, etc. Which is you know, bad.

Does that make sense?

Edit: Please tell me someone else gets that I'm just trying to be accomodating to those opposed to all this off-topic discussion. And I'm not complaining, I'm clarifying and explaining a legitimate opinion. Huge difference, imo. I'm not a thread policeman, damnit. It was just a suggestion, I was asking for feedback to a middle-of-the-road approach meant to cut down on post count, which is something that has already been complained about in here.

I'm not sure why, but such an accusation really frustrates me. Was I not one of the first people a number of pages back to offer up my GT for FX2? I'm obviously in favour of such a thing, but am trying to think about what's best for everyone.

Seemed like it bothered you so my bad on that. If you're tempted to go off topic then go for it, who cares. Absolute worst case scenario some mod comes in and deletes your post. I get you're being concerned about others who might not like off topic discussion but my original post would apply to them, if they aren't interested in a particular post, move on and stop reading it and if they really don't want to read anything off topic then they can just read the OP and move on.

My personal opinion about this thread (and also seems like most peoples opinion) is the OP should obviously stay completely on topic to deals but the thread itself it pretty much anything XBLA related goes. If everyone stayed on topic in here there would be a couple posts on Tuesdays but then the thread would die out, how we have it now it's actually worth visiting this thread every day for the discussions going on.

#7120 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Lots of good sales this week. Picked up Mercury Hg, good game so far, likely going to play in short bursts. Going to pick up the stacking DLC too. Any opinions on Happy Action Theater? Is it something thats only good to play in groups? How about Toy Soldier: Cold War, worth picking up in general?

#7121 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Any opinions on Happy Action Theater? Is it something thats only good to play in groups?

It's really fun with a group, either of kids or adults who like acting silly. It's definitely the best game around for very little kids since there's no goals whatsoever. More of an interactive toy than a game in that sense. But my two kids (2 and 4) adore it and every group of adults I've shown it to has had fun with it as well.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7122 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Seemed like it bothered you so my bad on that. If you're tempted to go off topic then go for it, who cares. Absolute worst case scenario some mod comes in and deletes your post. I get you're being concerned about others who might not like off topic discussion but my original post would apply to them, if they aren't interested in a particular post, move on and stop reading it and if they really don't want to read anything off topic then they can just read the OP and move on.

My personal opinion about this thread (and also seems like most peoples opinion) is the OP should obviously stay completely on topic to deals but the thread itself it pretty much anything XBLA related goes. If everyone stayed on topic in here there would be a couple posts on Tuesdays but then the thread would die out, how we have it now it's actually worth visiting this thread every day for the discussions going on.

This is a wonderful thread and shouldn't be changed. Although a title change could help smooth out the issue some people have with it being off topic. Besides that this is likely one of the most useful and best threads on this website.

#7123 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's really fun with a group, either of kids or adults who like acting silly. It's definitely the best game around for very little kids since there's no goals whatsoever. More of an interactive toy than a game in that sense. But my two kids (2 and 4) adore it and every group of adults I've shown it to has had fun with it as well.

Thanks for the input.

Actually something else I was wondering. Why don't we keep track of upcoming releases anymore? I liked that feature and was actually wondering if I should just get some of the games on sale or wait to see if anything interesting is coming out soon.

#7124 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hell Yeah DLC announced, coming Oct. 23th.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7125 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Pid October 31st

http://www.xblafans....r-31-56339.html

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#7126 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

You know what they say. White people love getting offended for other people. :lol: But I agree, the thread is fine how it is, and stifling communication would just keep it from being bumped all the time.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#7127 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Pid October 31st

http://www.xblafans....r-31-56339.html

never heard of this before, looks pretty cool though

#7128 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

never heard of this before, looks pretty cool though

Pid looks amazing. Some of the Might & Delight staff have previously worked on Bionic Commando Rearmed. :)

Good to hear it's only 800msp.

edit: New Pid trailer shows the differences between Normal and Hard difficulties:

Edited by Sath666, 11 October 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#7129 KyleGamgee

KyleGamgee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Grabbed the Iron Brigade DLC. I love this thread.

I can't recommend Costume Quest highly enough! One of the best games on XBLA. October is a great time to get into this one.

#7130 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Not specifically what you're talking about. Mine however, keeps asking me to verify my account (via phone/text) every so often. It's a pain in the ass. I hope it's not a "feature" they want to retain in the final release.

You'll probably validate for the final release, but that would be it. They're basically ensuring that the "proofs" remain current, and with each new Dashboard release, there's a hard-coded prompt to validate the security info. Once the "proofs" are kept up-to-date, then piracy & game-sharing will theoretically be dropping down, since they can better manage who is logging in on which accounts.

Oh, and speaking of the Dashboard, remember tonight is the VP debate, so tune in for at least 30 minutes on your 360 (plus for 2 other debates) for the Rewards' avatar armor! :-)

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#7131 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Do you guys think the Dead Island DLC is worth it? I can trade in my vanilla copy for $16 at GS and I can buy the GOTY copy for $20 at Best Buy. Is the DLC worth $4? (GOTY is $20 with @gamer coupon at BB. The approximate $16 GS TIV is for pure unlocked members).

I'd think so! You get a whole campaign + an overpowered weapon for your low-level char's + an arena to grind within ... all for $4? You're never going to see the vanilla game go for so much (especially at 1 year from release), so I'd take while you can ... the ability to resell the GOTW will also be greater as well.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#7132 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Darkstalkers 1 and 3 coming to XBLA early next year! Super psyched! But where is SF Alpha?
Posted Image

#7133 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Darkstalkers 1 and 3 coming to XBLA early next year! Super psyched! But where is SF Alpha?

I guess there was confusion as to which games were included in Darkstalkers Resurrection. It's actually going to be 2 and 3.

"We were agonizing over which to release," Neal told us shortly after the game's announcement. "They're the two most popular, fan-favorite games of the people who have played Darkstalkers way back when and loved it. There's a group that loves Darkstalkers 2 and a group that loves Darkstalkers 3."

Eventually, Capcom concluded that the only way to keep everyone happy was to release both games as a double-pack.

http://www.joystiq.c...ection-at-nycc/

#7134 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Looks like I am going to get:
Toy Soldiers and all of the DLC for both
A World of Keflings
Iron Brigade DLC
Stacking DLC
Quarrel
Swarm
Mercury Hg (Really like the atmosphere)

TheVila.png

#7135 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I guess there was confusion as to which games were included in Darkstalkers Resurrection. It's actually going to be 2 and 3.

Yes it's 2 and 3. It was confirmed on Capcom's stream just now too.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#7136 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Darkstalkers? fuckyea! I haven't played a Darkstalkers game since the PSP launch title.

#7137 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Correct me but the Spook-tacular rewards only includes movies?
all I see are movies
I've been wanting to get costume quest for some time now so I wanted to know if this will count towards the promotion

and which one is better costume quest or iron brigade? I only have 600 msp to spare at the moment

Edited by iRandom, 12 October 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#7138 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

looks like it's time to grab Iron Brigade

#7139 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I played Pid at PAX, it was really good. I wonder how they'll use the gravity gameplay mechanic throughout the game, but I hope it gets decent recognition from people/press.

#7140 JayMan8081

JayMan8081

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Does anyone know if the XBLA version of CS:GO got the map updates that the PC version got last week?