XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#7171 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Ya I finally got in a couple and it's a definite clusterfuck. I mean, I seriously can't complain considering it's free, but I don't think I'll be back to it often.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#7172 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Ya I finally got in a couple and it's a definite clusterfuck. I mean, I seriously can't complain considering it's free, but I don't think I'll be back to it often.

I had fun with it. Easy 400 GS. Not sure if I'll go back to it either since I'm done with the achievements lol.

8-)

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#7173 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

~Baby got Backlog~ ;)

Ain't nobody got time for that!

#7174 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

~Baby got Backlog~ ;)

Don't be silly. There's no such thing as a CAG who gets around to their backlog. :lol:

#7175 KRONUS EGGPLANT

KRONUS EGGPLANT

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Well I bought
Toy Soliders and the DLc
Toy Soliders Cold War DLC
quarrel & Mercury HD
if only I had 400 more points I would get Stacking DLC & Swarm

#7176 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

anyone think skyrim dlc will go on sale soon ?

Posted Image

#7177 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

anyone think skyrim dlc will go on sale soon ?

From how popular Skyrim is, it will be a VERY long time, or even never.

#7178 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

From how popular Skyrim is, it will be a VERY long time, or even never.

Exactly, we're still waiting on the Oblivion DLC to go on sale...

#7179 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Exactly, we're still waiting on the Oblivion DLC to go on sale...

Oblivion DLC has been on sale before, as recently as July.

#7180 vamn

vamn

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

The two expansion packs keep going on sale. All the other stuff only went on sale once a couple years ago and I'm still kicking myself for missing it.

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#7181 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Haha I guess my sarcasm wasn't strong enough. I was poking fun at the fact that it's really just a matter of time since Bethesda DLCs go on sale pretty frequently.

The real question is "Is there more DLC coming for Skyrim?", because the likelihood of a sale is minimal until all the DLC has been out for at least a few months.

#7182 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well I bought
Toy Soliders and the DLc
Toy Soliders Cold War DLC
quarrel & Mercury HD

http://www.amazon.co...icrosoft points

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#7183 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

Zen Studios announced standalone DLC for Marvel Pinball called Civil War at a New York Comic Con panel. The theme for this pinball table was taken from a multi-part comic event from 2006 of the same name that pitted Iron Man and Captain America against each other.

No specific release date was given for the DLC, though the trailer above teases that it's "coming soon" to PSN, XBLA, Apple's App Store and the Google Play store.

http://www.joystiq.c...marvel-pinball/

Trailer:
Spoiler

#7184 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

^Thanks for the heads up Sway.
Looks pretty great!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#7185 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

Nice, been looking forward to this table. Love that storyline. It's the storyline feature in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Maybe we'll get a Winter Soldier table down the line with the announcement of Captain America 2: Winter Soldier?

Would be totally down for that.

Anyone else hoping there will be another free halloween table like there was last year with "Paranormal"?

#7186 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...marvel-pinball/

Trailer:

Spoiler

Agreed, thanks for the heads up!

Also, A World of Keflings is super addicting. Anyone with A World of Keflings feel free to add me for the online achievements.

Edited by LordVila, 15 October 2012 - 01:17 AM.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#7187 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

...Anyone else hoping there will be another free halloween table like there was last year with "Paranormal"?

I am, especially since I somehow didn't know about last year's giveaway and totally missed the boat on it. :wall:

#7188 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Don't be silly. There's no such thing as a CAG who gets around to their backlog. :lol:

If I was the type to quote others' comments in my signature, this would definitely be deserving of it.
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#7189 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Walk into your local GameStop, and you'll find rather than stocking a huge number of single-use DLC cards, they've begun to stock MS point cards in $5 increments, including:
Once they show up at other B&M retailers, this will make it simpler for me to get the precise amount to maximize savings during Fred Meyer's (aka Kroegers) stackable coupon events. :D

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#7190 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

But acquiring the 2nd disc in the GOTY editions of Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Fallout NV is far cheaper (and more convenient) than buying the DLC separately.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#7191 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Walk into your local GameStop, and you'll find rather than stocking a huge number of single-use DLC cards, they've begun to stock MS point cards in $5 increments, including:

Once they show up at other B&M retailers, this will make it simpler for me to get the precise amount to maximize savings during Fred Meyer's (aka Kroegers) stackable coupon events. :D

Those are especially great with an employee discount.:D

#7192 KRONUS EGGPLANT

KRONUS EGGPLANT

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

That's what I did last Night actually, I had 2 $5 off coupons So I bought 800 Microsoft points for $5 and Fallout 3 new vegas ultimate edition for $30. Since I have the extra points I may go ahead and snag up Keflings DLC but then again Im still haven't beat the last dlc they released. which i am half way through it and it's really fun. I read a review of the new one looks awesome a Candy Theme world and buildings to build is really cool.

On a different note does anybody know if there is a website or even here on CAG a list of all the game of the year editions/ ultimate editons / limited etc that would be great if so. cause majority of the time it's easier to wait to buy GOTY edition when it's reduced versus buying the content separate on xbox live... just an idea

#7193 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

On a different note does anybody know if there is a website or even here on CAG a list of all the game of the year editions/ ultimate editons / limited etc that would be great if so. cause majority of the time it's easier to wait to buy GOTY edition when it's reduced versus buying the content separate on xbox live... just an idea

See if this helps. Posting from phone so I hope this link is right.

Fixed link, no idea why it removed the O, all i did was copy paste from android browser.

Hmm, using mobile site, I will try to figure out tomorrow why my links don't work. In the meantime if you want to just google it this is the title of the thread:

OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition CompilationThread (Updated 10/6/12)

Edited by Whedon, 15 October 2012 - 01:14 PM.
Fixed Link

#7194 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

^Getting a 404 on the link. That would be a helpful list though.

#7195 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

^Getting a 404 on the link. That would be a helpful list though.

The link is, for whatever reason, lacking the O in "showthread" - there you go :)

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#7196 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

In case you don't read every post in newly-made random threads like I do, you can get $2 off a 400msp code at Amazon, so $3 for 400 points:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330064

(code is SQRLUVIO)

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7197 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

The link is, for whatever reason, lacking the O in "showthread" - there you go :)

DOH!:dunce: Didn't even notice, thanks dark_inchworm!

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=325240

And thanks for the link Whedon, current and useful!:applause:

Edited by chuckie88, 15 October 2012 - 04:59 AM.
Added the working link

#7198 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

I started playing a World of Keflings earlier today and I have to say it was very enjoyable. I'm looking forward to playing more of it later and probably getting the dlc.

I'm happy with all these sales lately, many great prices on a decent selection of games. I still have to pick up all the toy soldiers dlc as well as swarm and quarrel from the sales app

#7199 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

In case you don't read every post in newly-made random threads like I do, you can get $2 off a 400msp code at Amazon, so $3 for 400 points:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330064

(code is SQRLUVIO)

Thanks for the tip!

I was going to get just Toy Soldiers and Quarrel (already have Renegade Ops and Toy Soldiers Cold War), but now I may "splurge" and get Swarm too. :)
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#7200 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

I was going to get just Toy Soldiers and Quarrel (already have Renegade Ops and Toy Soldiers Cold War), but now I may "splurge" and get Swarm too. :)

Swarm for $2.50 is an insane value. Don't let the price make you think it's indie-game'ish ... it's bargain-priced only because the publisher (UTV Ignition) has a curse of investing in "new & creative IP" that just doesn't pan out, and then Ignition dumps the game for bargain prices to keep sales numbers up. Remember that any review scores you find are assuming the game would cost $10 against other new XBLA releases, not for less then the cost of a (Starbucks) cup of coffee ... and isn't that the standard measure by which all things are valued? :D

All 3 of UTV's games ...
  • Quarrel: where "Scrabble" meets "Risk":
    Posted Image
    -
  • Swarm: where "World of Goo" meets "real-time strategy":
    Posted Image
    -
  • Mercury: where "Marble Blast Ultra" meets "still available on XBLA":
    Posted Image
... deserve to be purchased at a price less than similarly-polished mobile games. The latter of which would then subsequently bother you for IAP's, of course. :lol:

70109.png