XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#7321 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

So Wreckateer was on sale last week? It shows up as 800 MSP.

This week. Hasn't updated yet.

Not only that, but it's a Kinect Central deal, and unless I'm mistaken, those only show up on your console by selecting it from an Xbox hooked up to a Kinect. I could be wrong there, but I think you need to buy it from the Kinect-connected console to get that deal

decker%2001.jpg

#7322 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Reading the thread always helps. :P

:applause:

THQ list :)
http://marketplace.x...n/Special-Sales
(saw a post with a link to it on the THQ Facebook page)

Pretty lame, also pretty much exactly what we were suspecting. If Darksiders is 50% off that's not a bad pickup. I'll look into Metro 2033 but that will probably be a pass.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7323 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Damn, hopefully YDKJ goes 50% off like Metro. Would definitely pick that up as well. Maybe the Jack Packs as well. How good are those?

The Jack Packs are definitely up to the quality of the on-disk episodes, writing-wise, they offer a lot of bang for your buck, and they have some pretty quick and satisfying achievements, if you're into that kind of thing.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that Jack Pack 2 is made up of questions from the web YDKJ that Jellyvision made a few years back (not the current Facebook game, but the beta thing that predated both that version and the Xbox/PS3 one). So if you played that older Jack, you might have played a few of those questions. Packs 1, 3, and 4 are all new content, though.

#7324 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Come on Metro 2033!!!

#7325 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

xbldb is starting to get updates, xbox.com must be updating soon.
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#7326 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Probably slow because of the dashboard update being rolled out. Metro 2033 never seems to be available cheap, so I may pick it up for 800 points.
Posted Image

#7327 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hopefully a good deal on YDKJ. Snapped up the jack packs last time they were discounted, but still don't have the core game. Will also probably pick up Metro, especially if it qualifies for the October marketplace incentive. And, looking forward to another Shocktober sale.

#7328 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Definitely will be picking up Metro 2033, if YDKJ is 50% or more I'll pick it and the packs up, might pick up Darksiders as well.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7329 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

xbldb hasn't picked up anything other that one Batman AC DLC and a Activision music item.

I'll keep xbldb on an aggressive scanning schedule but it's up to MS to roll out the changes, it may 4:00 PM or 6:00 PM pacific before they fix it.
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#7330 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yay for a sale on the Jack Packs. Got 2 of the 4 the last and only time they were ever on sale without having the game. Now that i have and completed the game and the two packs, I've been chomping for a sale on the other packs... was hoping for a new years / holiday sale, but this works for me! Definitely getting those assuming they're on sale for 300 or less (50% off would be amazing).

Anyone have any opinions on the Apples to Apples DLC? I have the main game in the backlog and it looks like the DLC does NOT add achievements... any opinions one way or the other on that?

#7331 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ugh...I came home on my lunch break to start the Metro 2033 download and it still hasn't updated. Come on Microsoft!!!

Next time just leave your system on at home. You can just buy the game from the xbox.com marketplace, and it will start downloading at home for you.

i hope saints row goes less than $15 i was close to buying it when it was that price but the double collection costs 20 so it was too expensive, but $10 would be just fine. i would sell my YDKJ copy on ebay and buy the digi one instead if it's $10 as well. on that note how are the saints row 2 DLCs (although if the game doesn't hit 10 its a moot point lol)? do any of them make online multiplayer more fun (what im gonna do most)? servers are still up right?

#7332 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Not only that, but it's a Kinect Central deal, and unless I'm mistaken, those only show up on your console by selecting it from an Xbox hooked up to a Kinect. I could be wrong there, but I think you need to buy it from the Kinect-connected console to get that deal

Why would you buy Wreckateer if you didn't have a Kinect? :roll:

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#7333 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Buy it while it's on sale because you are planning on getting a Kinect? People do it all the time with DLC.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#7334 killer9

killer9

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Loved metro 2033 might buy that again

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#7335 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

How do they roll out the dashboard updates? Guess it's not by region. My roommate got his like 6 hours ago but my Xbox 10 feet away from his still hasn't gotten it.

#7336 URMonkeyTron

URMonkeyTron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm sure that this has been over discussed, but I got my eye on Metro 2033. Is it worth it to pick up a digital copy or should I still search for a physical copy priced under $20?

#7337 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm sure that this has been over discussed, but I got my eye on Metro 2033. Is it worth it to pick up a digital copy or should I still search for a physical copy priced under $20?

Only you can answer that for yourself. 10 bucks is a great deal on Metro. The only part unclear is if you're fine with a digital copy or want to pay more for a disc.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#7338 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

How do they roll out the dashboard updates? Guess it's not by region. My roommate got his like 6 hours ago but my Xbox 10 feet away from his still hasn't gotten it.

If you want the update take his HDD and put it in yours. The latest update is on the HDD.

#7339 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Anyone have any opinions on the Apples to Apples DLC? I have the main game in the backlog and it looks like the DLC does NOT add achievements... any opinions one way or the other on that?

The online for Apples to Apples is completely dead which is a damn shame since the game is so much fun when you have a group of six people with mics.

Last time it was DOTW the online community was packed for that week and I have to say it was the most fun I've ever had with any Xbox game online. Sadly, it died out really fast and was barren within a week.

As for the DLC, the golden cards in them are VERY cheap and will let you win Golden Apple Card games a little easier. There's one crazy cheap card called "Worm" that lets you win the game instantly! It always gets groans when played, so use at your own risk.

If someone in the game has the DLC but you don't, or vice versa, DLC cards will still show up in play.

#7340 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Update the prices already!!!

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7341 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Even if you have a Kinect, some people might be out of town for the week or have a broken 360 or whatever. Most sale items are accessable via the web, but some aren't. I missed out on the last Forza DLC sale because it was a Scratch & Match loser offer and I was out of town that week.

decker%2001.jpg

#7342 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

@THQ Since you haven't decided on prices yet, I will give you 200msp for Voltron. And 20msp for Nexooeeeez.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7343 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

No more wiki op updates? If only i had more time cause man this thread used to rule with original op updates.

#7344 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

No more wiki op updates? If only i had more time cause man this thread used to rule with original op updates.

Posted Image
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7345 MagmaOasis

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

I have Nexuiz. The community on it isn't completely dead yet. I got it for 200 (which i assume will be the price again) and it is well worth it.

Having played the demo to Voltron, i'd say it's worth about 200 too. But no more. There are much better shooters in that style.

Kill Team is pretty good as well. It's worth 400 for someone who likes that game style and worth 200 for anyone else, easily.

#7346 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

does anyone know or have any idea when will Gears of war 3 dlc pass will be 50% off again?
thanks in advance

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#7347 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

does anyone know or have any idea when will Gears of war 3 dlc pass will be 50% off again?
thanks in advance

I heard it will never be on sale or discounted again.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7348 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

It'll be on sale on Saturday.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7349 Genesis Knight

Genesis Knight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

Any chances of Metal Slug XX ever going on sale again? I missed it earlier this year. :(

#7350 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

You're memes are god-awful and you should feel god-awful. Please take it to Reddit or somewhere else.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts