• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#7351 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

It'll be on sale on Saturday.

Frisky are you being serious or just joking?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#7352 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Since nobody mentioned anything about Wrecked: Revenge Revisited, I thought I'd post my impressions of the demo.

The demo is garbage. The devs apparently had no confidence in the single-player portion of the game, because you can't access it in the demo. The multiplayer is local or online, but online is obviously dead. I live alone so local doesn't work at all for me. I have 2 controllers, but the point of the game appears to be destroy or "screen out" the other vehicles, and since I screen out the player 2 controller after about 2 seconds of driving, I can't do anything to get a feel for the controls or gameplay. So essentially the demo is worthless to me.

Especially disappointing since I was kind of interested in the game. The reviews seem to suggest that the gameplay is alright, it's just extremely light on content.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7353 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

I played the Wrecked demo during the launch week and managed to get matched into a race, but the two guys in it kept kicking me for no reason. They were the only two people playing the demo online, so that's the entirety of my experience with Wrecked. If you like racing games, there are many, many far better games out there to play at this point in the Xbox 360's life.

Frisky are you being serious or just joking?

Joking because nobody here knows when it'll be on sale. If we did, you'd know about it.

#7354 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

does skyrim dawnguard dlc count toward the october reward deal ?

edit - yes it does

Edited by officerrickyross222, 17 October 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image

#7355 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

You're memes are god-awful and you should feel god-awful. Please take it to Reddit or somewhere else.

Posted Image

#7356 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Any chances of Metal Slug XX ever going on sale again? I missed it earlier this year. :(

IIRC that was the only time in the history of XBLA that SNK games went on sale. Chances might be slim for another sale. But who knows, if it happened before it could happen again.

Posted Image

You forgot to add a period at the end of you're your sentence.

#7357 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

O grammar nazi too. Ya Reddit is definitely the place for you.

And thanks Frisky.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7358 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image

trying to bash/troll a senior and respected member of CAG huh?

Yeah youre cool bro...

#7359 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

You forgot to add a period at the end of you're your sentence.

I didn't bother spending time to make an image just to respond to an ignorant little bitch who just wants to troll me for posting about the lack of updates. I just Googled that one. ;)

trying to bash/troll a senior and respected member of CAG huh?

Yeah youre cool bro...

*looks at join date*

I guess 2005 is more recent than 2011? I think I entered the idiot part of CAG...

#7360 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

What the Arkham Bundle offer looks like in the Sales & Specials + App:
Spoiler

What Arkham Bundle and Harley Quinn's Revege DLC looks like on the website:
Spoiler

I can't help but think they're trying to intentionally deceive someone who rushes into buying the Arkham Bundle thinking it includes the Harley DLC. I saw this thread knowing it wasn't on sale but was surprised that was the image used to represent the Arkham Bundle. It already irks me that they tell me how much I'll save without displaying how much I'll be paying unless I further go down the buying process. Or is it all just an honest mistake?

#7361 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Guys, guys, hey, guys ... GUYS ... HEY! Guys, you're ... hey, you're gonna want to know ... HEY! You may want to know it was posted a few hours ago ... LISTEN guys ... you may want to know a few hours ago PlayXBLA posted:

As an Xbox LIVE Gold member, you will now get an Exclusive Gold Only Discount on select content each week. It could be your favorite arcade game, a classic Xbox original, or even that map pack or that new song you have been looking to buy. With your favorite content going on sale each week just imagine how much you can save! If you’re already a Gold member, grab this week’s deal right here, right now. Click Read More to check out the sales going on for Toy Soldiers and the DLC!

This is the first time I actually have some news for the thread ... and this is the best I can do. I guess Major Nelson's pimp hand didn't get to XBLA_Vulcan yet. I am still imagining how much I can save =(

I can't help but think they're trying to intentionally deceive someone who rushes into buying the Arkham Bundle thinking it includes the Harley DLC. I saw this thread knowing it wasn't on sale but was surprised that was the image used to represent the Arkham Bundle. It already irks me that they tell me how much I'll save without displaying how much I'll be paying unless I further go down the buying process. Or is it all just an honest mistake?

I think a large number of us here disapprove of the "trickery" the dashboard has done when they changed from showing the price (and strikethrough of the original price) to now just mentioning the amount deducted. I've caught a few people say to me, "oh check it out, that's only 400MSP now!" and I had to correct them with, "no, that's 'save 400MSP' the item is only at 800MSP." It's potentially deceptive for those who didn't pay much attention, while we are the wiser for catching on, it does seem a bit shady to do that to some folk. The image conditioning almost bait-and-switch I feel reflects poorly on some of their practice to manipulate sales. Perhaps this demonstrates how much they think of people using the 360. In my conspiracy speak, these may be someone's brilliant idea.

Edited by Crono-00, 17 October 2012 - 01:16 AM.
I await Crazy Larry to bring us some awesome deals next month

#7362 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Guys, guys, hey, guys ... GUYS ... HEY! Guys, you're ... hey, you're gonna want to know ... HEY! You may want to know it was posted a few hours ago ... LISTEN guys ... you may want to know a few hours ago PlayXBLA posted:

This is the first time I actually have some news for the thread ... and this is the best I can do. I guess Major Nelson's pimp hand didn't get to XBLA_Vulcan yet.

You do realize that was the DotW last week right? Usually the new sales would have been updated on the website by now. I have no idea why PlayXBLA is so late on that despite the association with Microsoft Studios.

*Unless you were being sarcastic, I can't tell since you have that "This is the first time I actually have some news" comment.

#7363 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Anyone play toy soldiers? Worth it?

#7364 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

You do realize that was the DotW last week right? Usually the new sales would have been updated on the website by now. I have no idea why PlayXBLA is so late on that despite the association with Microsoft Studios.

*Unless you were being sarcastic, I can't tell since you have that "This is the first time I actually have some news" comment.

Yes.

Edited by Crono-00, 17 October 2012 - 01:27 AM.
Okay, I apologize for that, I'm "watching" the debate ... so my avatar looks nice

#7365 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

I didn't bother spending time to make an image just to respond to an ignorant little bitch who just wants to troll me for posting about the lack of updates. I just Googled that one. ;)

*looks at join date*

I guess 2005 is more recent than 2011? I think I entered the idiot part of CAG...

You're mom. :)

Anyone play toy soldiers? Worth it?

I don't much care for it. ;)

#7366 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Well I've had the BL2 DLC to occupy me all afternoon so I wasn't really bugged until now, but I really wish these sale prices would take effect so I can throw my money at them.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#7367 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

It seems like the DotW was reverted to last week's sales despite this week's items showing up earlier today. That would explain why PlayXBLA wrote the article. Let's just hope the article isn't accurate and sales the Major posted weren't postponed until next week.

#7368 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hey, they've changed the prices on 2 of the YDNJ packs. Jack Pack 1 & 3 are down to 100 points. As this might be some mistake with the weirdness of the update today I jumped on it quickly as that's a price that will never be beaten. Hope the other packs get the same treatment!!!

#7369 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Also YDNJ is now down to $9.99. It's a must buy to be honest. Love that game.

#7370 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hey, they've changed the prices on 2 of the YDNJ packs. Jack Pack 1 & 3 are down to 100 points. As this might be some mistake with the weirdness of the update today I jumped on it quickly as that's a price that will never be beaten. Hope the other packs get the same treatment!!!

Also YDNJ is now down to $9.99. It's a must buy to be honest. Love that game.

Hmmm, everything on the site is still full price.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#7371 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Looks like Voltron is down to 400msp and that Saints Row 2 DLC is getting the 50% off treatment. I was hoping it'd be a crazy 75% sale on the DLC like it seems to be for now with those two YDNJ packs, guess it's a mixed bag of THQ craziness this week. But it looks like they are slowly changing the prices and it will probably be totally updated in the next hour or so.

Sorry if I'm posting too much. Just having a boring day in bed taking care of a sick gf here in Australia.

#7372 Freebird

Freebird

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Just grabbed all 4 YDKJ DLC packs for 100MSP per pack. NICE! :)

#7373 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Hmmm, everything on the site is still full price.

Hmmm. Not sure why you're seeing full price. They haven't marked it up in red or gold like they do for the DOTW pricing but if you log into your account and go to the marketplace it seems to be cheaper.

http://marketplace.x...n/Special-Sales

I just bought the two YDNJ packs for 100 pts so it shows up as already purchased for me. Perhaps they've reverted back to normal after that mad price if it was a mistake. Not sure. Hope not.

#7374 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Damn I have YDKJ on PS3. If they did a 75% off DLC sale over there, I'd buy them in an instant!

#7375 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

xbldb has picked up most (if not all) of the deals, and some are pretty sweet.
In terms of arcade games we have Nexuiz at 200 again, Apples to Apples at 200 (definitely grabbing it now), Voltron at 400 (would've bit at 200), and Kill Team at 400.

Now to wait for all these prices to be reflected on the site and dashboard (I'm using Chrome and only a couple are showing up on the site) so I can finally grab Metro, YDKJ, and whatever else.

#7376 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Prices are slowly updating. Darksiders is 800 points as well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7377 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Hmmm 200 for Apples to Apples actually has me considering it now...

Picked up Metro 2033, Saints Row 3 Witches DLC, YDKJ and the 4 packs.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#7378 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hmmm. Not sure why you're seeing full price. They haven't marked it up in red or gold like they do for the DOTW pricing but if you log into your account and go to the marketplace it seems to be cheaper.

http://marketplace.x...n/Special-Sales

I just bought the two YDNJ packs for 100 pts so it shows up as already purchased for me. Perhaps they've reverted back to normal after that mad price if it was a mistake. Not sure. Hope not.

Yeah I'm seeing some of the changes. It changes every time I refresh though. Have seen 3 of the YDKJ DLC's at 100 msp, the full game for $9.99 and the Apples to Apples DLC for 80 msp. I think it's just crazy because they are updating. Hopefully everything will be worked out in an hour or so.

(And hopefully those YDKJ DLC's stay at 100msp. Would purchase in a heartbeat.)

#7379 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Apples to Apples is 200msp. Used to love the board game but I tend to game solo. Can anyone weigh in if it's worth the purchase.

Also Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team for 400 space bucks - is it any good? Metacritic is a bit mixed on it.

But yeah most of the prices look updated.

Just to weigh in I bought Nexiuz for 200 space bucks at the last sale. Played it for a couple hours. Had some fun with it. Got like 3 or 4 cheevos. Haven't touched it since. It's not a bad purchase but it has no legs. I had some problems getting into games with people at times, but then again I moved to Australia recently so it might have been something to do with that and with the times that I was trying to play due to me being so far in the future (sorry no KFC on the moon yet though).

#7380 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

It looks like the Special Sales page isn't updated, but each game page is.