7393 replies to this topic

#871 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Here's the prop you get after the sign up:
http://marketplace.x...c2-b5045858081c
It's a skateboard that doesn't look good but free is free. They send a verification email so you can't use a fake one but you can opt out of receiving their emails. I just used one of my junk email accounts.

I'm good with the skateboard! Looks like XBL is using your "region" as the flag whether to get into Windows Phone or not, such as I'm now in the "US+WP" region, I guess, which locks out anyone else from clicking on WP-exclusive links like phone apps, etc.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#872 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Im having fun with Magic2012, even though im terrible.

Also the animation for that free skateboard avatar is pretty cool.

#873 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

BTw IF you own the Ms. Splosion Man Table for Pinball FX2 there's a tournament going on right now until May 25th...with prizes...a buddy of mine is currently rank 1 named OrpheusWueste with over 6 billion points...I just dropped down to rank 728 from Rank 215 with about 154 million points lol..but well there's a random draw beside the top 3....

Just wanted to let you know

for more information see this article: http://www.trueachie...&anchor=2358129

#874 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I went ahead and bought Fusion : Genesis (or is it Genesis : Fusion, I seriously can't remember which -- terrible name) while it's still on sale. It's not earth-shaking by any means, but it's a nice little game with hours of gameplay. I didn't much care for the demo, which had a lot of hand-holding, but the game itself has a lot of content and grinding. If you want to, you could play for a long, long time upgrading ships and weapons. They have a persistent online world that's pretty sparse of course and an auction house for rare in-game items. Overall it's an impressive little package if you like that sort of space-sim game.

decker%2001.jpg

#875 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Ahhhh, a new week with new possibilities. Last week was great.

#876 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Ahhhh, a new week with new possibilities. Last week was great.

dont count on it. We already know the dotw and i doubt another out of nowhere or developer sale.

#877 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

I played the demos of Orcs Must Die and Iron Brigade. Having play Orcs Must Die on Steam already, I couldn't shake the feeling of it being a PC game so I'll pass.

Iron Brigade did nothing for me. Maybe because it's just a demo, but I think I'm going to pass on this for the time being and pick it up when it drops to 400.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#878 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

I played the demos of Orcs Must Die and Iron Brigade. Having play Orcs Must Die on Steam already, I couldn't shake the feeling of it being a PC game so I'll pass.

Iron Brigade did nothing for me. Maybe because it's just a demo, but I think I'm going to pass on this for the time being and pick it up when it drops to 400.

Check the trading forum. A lot of people are going to have Iron Brigade up today for cheap.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#879 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Iron Brigade and Earthworm Jim were the PlayXBLA codes? Man I'm glad I didn't end up going for it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#880 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Personally I'll probably pick up Outland at 50% off.

#881 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Iron Brigade and Earthworm Jim were the PlayXBLA codes? Man I'm glad I didn't end up going for it.

Same here...already own Earthworm Jim...and well didn't buy iron brigade even on sale yet...

#882 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yes, the Family Game Night games dropped but the online servers are gone so you better have some people to play with in your living room. Games like Connect 4 and Jenga are fine locally but sharing a screen for Battleship or Scrabble doesn't make a lot of sense.

That sucks. I used to like to play scrabble with people online. At least there's still words with friends.

#883 sickman

sickman

Bringer of Light

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

dont count on it. We already know the dotw and i doubt another out of nowhere or developer sale.

We do? I where might that info be? Checked the OP, and I don't see it. Maybe I'm going blind...?

#884 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Personally I'll probably pick up Outland at 50% off.

Same here, I really enjoyed the demo.

#885 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

We do? I where might that info be? Checked the OP, and I don't see it. Maybe I'm going blind...?

May 22–28 DOTW

Outland-400 (50% off)

Might & Magic clash of heroes- 600 MSP (50% off)

Beyond Good & Evil HD- 400 MSP (50% off)

Also the xbla version of kinect joy ride comes out wednesday along with those sega classics for 800 MSP apiece.

#886 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Earthworm Jim was fun, loved going for the beat the game in 50 minutes achievement, you can only die once or twice to make it in that time and it made the game really intense, one of the most fun I've had marathoning an old school game until I was almost bulletproof in it. Unfortunately the beating it with one life thing is just a joke to me thanks to the spike part of buttville.

Is the microsoft sale going to end tomorrow do you guys think? I need to pick up some reach maps, but my points card hasn't come in the mail yet, might have to just buy more points if it ends tonight...speaking of which is it worth buying the maps besides anniversary? i don't play firefight, just online games with a guest usually, not sure if if noble and the other $5 pack are worth the cheese or not, seems like only one game type uses them?

Also any word if the sega classics collection are going to have LIVE play? i'd love to play streets of rage 1 and 3 online, if they aren't online though then no reason at all to pick those up imo.

#887 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

What is this about PlayXBLA codes? What's that?

#888 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Also any word if the sega classics collection are going to have LIVE play? i'd love to play streets of rage 1 and 3 online, if they aren't online though then no reason at all to pick those up imo.

Oh, there's reasons!

SEGA Vintage Collections coming to XBLA

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#889 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

What is this about PlayXBLA codes? What's that?

playxbla.com does a Weekend Achievement thing where they will announce a couple achievements from a couple games and if you get the set amount you win game codes.

http://playxbla.com/...eeve-challenge/

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#890 sickman

sickman

Bringer of Light

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

May 22–28 DOTW

Outland-400 (50% off)

Might & Magic clash of heroes- 600 MSP (50% off)

Beyond Good & Evil HD- 400 MSP (50% off)

Also the xbla version of kinect joy ride comes out wednesday along with those sega classics for 800 MSP apiece.

Thanks, man. For some strange reason I can't find the info viewing the OP on my phone.

#891 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Oh, there's reasons!

SEGA Vintage Collections coming to XBLA

Well that page says that they all have online multiplayer, so that's reason enough. I guess I might as well delete streets of rage 2 off my hard drive though i guess..

#892 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

playxbla.com does a Weekend Achievement thing where they will announce a couple achievements from a couple games and if you get the set amount you win game codes.

http://playxbla.com/...eeve-challenge/

That's really cool! Never heard of this before, but I'm glad I have now.

#893 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

$5 of msp for a xbox game hd-ified I missed out on. Done deal.

Then again, despite popular belief I don't see this sale in the OP...

#894 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Thanks, man. For some strange reason I can't find the info viewing the OP on my phone.

That would be because it's not there. I'll shoot ReddJoey a PM to add it.

Is the microsoft sale going to end tomorrow do you guys think?

Yes, we know it will be ending tomorrow.

What game are you referring to?

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#895 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Beyond Good and Evil HD? It's not supposed to be on sale until tomorrow. I'm sure redjoey will update it then.

sig.gif

#896 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Would be great if MS would always do sales like they did right now =/
Still all the GOOD deals aren't DotW, they are open to all lol

#897 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

well Microsoft has been having giveaway for free gold left and right lately. THeres atleast some type of developer or microsoft sale once a month so its not the suprising.

#898 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Would be great if MS would always do sales like they did right now =/
Still all the GOOD deals aren't DotW, they are open to all lol

Yes they are. As someone who doesn't play online often, I don't have a lot of desire to renew my Gold subscription just for the deals, as all the best deals seem to be open to everyone anyway.

#899 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

i want double dragon soooo bad wish there was a way to get to...

I've played the arcade & Nintendo versions countless times in the past; at this point I think I'm more excited to see how Double Dragon Neon turns out (new whispers of Battletoads DLC, even) rather than trying to replay the same old same old. I'm in the very miniscule minority who liked Turtles Re:shelled more than the TMNT 1990 classic.

Last but not least: why no re-release of Captain America & The Avengers Arcade? That was a much better game than X-men, but I've never heard anyone mention it.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#900 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

I've played the arcade & Nintendo versions countless times in the past; at this point I think I'm more excited to see how Double Dragon Neon turns out (new whispers of Battletoads DLC, even) rather than trying to replay the same old same old. I'm in the very miniscule minority who liked Turtles Re:shelled more than the TMNT 1990 classic.

Last but not least: why no re-release of Captain America & The Avengers Arcade? That was a much better game than X-men, but I've never heard anyone mention it.

C.A. & Avengers?...yes! yes! please! I buy that. On the other side of the coin I wish the Double Dragon game was still up. I still have the trial on my hard drive. I hoping Neon will be good, but something in me isn't holding out any hope.