XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#991 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

PM sent. I really need the 4 player Clash achievement. Any one else feel free to add me. Evening after 10EST I'm almost always available.

-Michael

Trueachievements.com guys. You can join and set up sessions. Great site for getting those pesky online chievos.

#992 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

In for Beyond Good and Evil HD.
Thanks OP

Yeah, I first bought Trenched and DLC (I dont want to call it Iron Brigade) then Beyond Good and Evil HD. I passed up that game once a number of years ago, played the trial and was impressed even for an old title.

Now i'm slightly angry with myself for not picking up the anniversary map pack.

Join Swagbucks  referral link

Join Bing Rewards referral link

Plus refer your friends and family and increase your points, cash out bucks/points for gift cards

#993 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

Just won a copy of JoyRide :D! Looking forward to checking it out tonight.

If XBLA Joyride is basically Joyride with a controller with few real improvements, then a much better karting game is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. They even have a Games on Demand version if you don't want a disc version (though the disc version is a bit cheaper).

#994 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

Picked up Outland. Such a good game in the Metroid style gameplay, but with an Ikaruga spin on it. I'm up to the second boss and it has been totally worth the 400msp.
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#995 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Beyond Good and Evil is a fun game. The camera is the only thing that will frustrate you haha

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#996 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

I picked up Outland this morning still debating on Clash. I can't wait until tomorrow though for the Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World. Of course everytime I think of Wonder Boy in Monster World I am reminded of this song:

TheVila.png

#997 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Clash of Heroes was a no-brainer at $15 and it's a steal at half that for a 35 hour game, not counting MP.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#998 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

Nothing for me this week. All repeats and games I have. BG & E was a steal at $3 during Black Friday.

The whole camera-unable-to-invert-issue-has got that game on the bottom of my backlog. I'll get to it in 2014....in December

Edited by Dustinator, 23 May 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#999 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

I already own Outland (Great Game) and Beyond Good and Evil (Haven't played it yet lol)

I'm considering Might and Magic, but I just don't think that battle system really interests me...

#1000 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Clash of Heroes M&M is fantastic, total steal at 600 space bucks. Buy it people.

#1001 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

I already own Outland (Great Game) and Beyond Good and Evil (Haven't played it yet lol)

I'm considering Might and Magic, but I just don't think that battle system really interests me...

I had absolutely no interest in Might and Magic's battle system. I wasn't even going to bother trying it after watching video. I ended up giving it a shot and really, really liked it. Of course I only finished about 2/5 of the game despite liking it I'd so much. I'd rather sit on the couch with it on my laptop/tablet while watching something on my TV. The game is like 25 hours long, slow paced, and I do not care about what's going on with the story. It's just not how I want to play it.

One of these days I'll get it on Steam and finish it, because I do really want to.

#1002 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

I picked up BG&E today, can't believe I missed the BF deal. I already had Outland from the last time it was on sale. Now because I lack self control I'm going to pick up M&M.

Edited by rey6eric, 23 May 2012 - 04:22 AM.

502070.png

#1003 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

Alright guys, you talked me into it, I think I'll pick up Might and Magic tomorrow.

#1004 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

Might and Magic is good.

One of the first XBLA games I played straight for a week just becuase I really wanted to finish it.

#1005 discordman

discordman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

I had absolutely no interest in Might and Magic's battle system. I wasn't even going to bother trying it after watching video. I ended up giving it a shot and really, really liked it. Of course I only finished about 2/5 of the game despite liking it I'd so much. I'd rather sit on the couch with it on my laptop/tablet while watching something on my TV. The game is like 25 hours long, slow paced, and I do not care about what's going on with the story. It's just not how I want to play it.

One of these days I'll get it on Steam and finish it, because I do really want to.

I believe it was released on the DS if memory serves correctly.

Posted Image

#1006 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Played a demo of Clash of Heroes and it's a type of game that I can see myself having fun with, but I'm gonna have to skip it. It's just that the frequency of the loading screen is too much. You load before a battle, after a battle, and before and after a cutscene. It was a deal breaker for me.
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#1007 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Buying both Sega Vintage Collections today and probably will skip Golden Axe and Streets of Rage ones, since i already got these games on Sega Ultimate collection disc.

btw I hope at some point playxbla give away Rocket Knight codes.

#1008 Raziel-Freya

Raziel-Freya

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

Someone else is going to buy Joy Ride Turbo? I'm downloading it right now I hope it's a fun kart game like the Sonic one (:

#1009 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Someone else is going to buy Joy Ride Turbo? I'm downloading it right now I hope it's a fun kart game like the Sonic one (:

I won a copy on Monday so I'll be around, although probably not these weekend. So far, it's been fun. Think Kinect Joy Ride with a controller. For $10, it's worth it. For the eventual $5 sale, it's a steal.
Posted Image

#1010 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

I might get Joy Ride Turbo, but I have the feeling it'll be on sale sooner or later (same goes for the Sega Vintage Collections). & I've already got a HUGE backlog of 10+ games as it is already. Though I'm interested in hearing if it's good or not.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1011 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Playing Revenge of Shinobi on Sega Vintage collection really makes me wanna track down a first run printing of the genesis version. This pink Spiderman junk sucks.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1012 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

I might get Joy Ride Turbo, but I have the feeling it'll be on sale sooner or later (same goes for the Sega Vintage Collections). & I've already got a HUGE backlog of 10+ games as it is already. Though I'm interested in hearing if it's good or not.

My experience with kart racers since Super Mario Kart for the SNES has been very limited, so my opinion might not be worth much, but after a few hours with it Joy Ride Turbo seems better than any of the others that I've demoed on the service. It's also a bit too easy against the AI. I look forward to trying it out online where hopefully I won't be in first place for the entire race and actually get to use the weapons a bit more. There aren't a ton of tracks and despite there being a couple of dozen cars, none of them feel that much different. Still, it's fun to play and if you want a kart racer on XBLA, this is probably the best you'll do. I do think the online will be the final judge though.

#1013 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

This week's DOTW is literally all the games I have been waiting for another drop!

I am super excited, I never pick up every item from the DOTW but I have this time. I am especially looking forward to Clash of the Heroes.

#1014 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm tempted by BG&EHD. With the recent announcement that the game's sequel is getting done for next gen consoles and I haven't played the original before, I'm interested.

I've heard it's a cult hit. How long is it? How good is it?

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter: @WargamingDude

#1015 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

I've heard it's a cult hit. How long is it? How good is it?

About 10-15 hours to finish up everything. Very good.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1016 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Tomorrow two XBLIG will be on sale through the Because We May indie game promotion. They are Blocks That Matter and Pingvinas. Both are normally $3 but I don't know what the sale prices will be. There are a ton of other games for a variety of platforms as well.

#1017 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Pingvinas is an awesome board game! I recommend it.

#1018 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Tomorrow two XBLIG will be on sale through the Because We May indie game promotion. They are Blocks That Matter and Pingvinas. Both are normally $3 but I don't know what the sale prices will be. There are a ton of other games for a variety of platforms as well.

On the Xbox page it shows Pingvinas as 80 MSP already. Is this the sale price then?

#1019 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

If you click the items both show up for 80 MSP right now =P lol

#1020 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

If you click the items both show up for 80 MSP right now =P lol

Perhaps they already flipped their switches. As of today Microsoft is allowing indie devs to alter their game pricing more frequently.