XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#1141 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

FYI. IGN gave the Arkham City DLC a 9 but said it adds about 2 hours of gameplay. So you need to decide if $10 is worth 2 more hours of Batman. I sold my copy in anticipation of getting the GOTY since I did not have any of the DLC yet. 2 hours is pretty thin but I am sure I will try it on several difficulties. Link to article but warning there are spoilers to the end of the main game if you have not played.

http://www.ign.com/a...-revenge-review
Posted Image

#1142 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Been waiting for boulder dash to go on sale! I may look st astropop but everything else is freeware on the pc or stuff I already picked up on a previous sale.

#1143 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

As soon as this thunderstorm passes I'll update the OP. (Like 2pm EST)
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#1144 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Man I would kill for a thunderstorm rite now. This heat is unbearable.

#1145 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

69 degrees and gorgeous!

Also, that Batman DLC doesn't interact with your save file at all. You just launch it from the menu. (This is good news to me, because I bought, beat, and sold on 360 then rebought on PS3 but haven't played it yet.)

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#1146 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yeah, it's been raining for us for like the last 24 hours. Thankfully the worst that has happened is we lost signal for TV, no power outage.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1147 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, it's been raining for us for like the last 24 hours. Thankfully the worst that has happened is we lost signal for TV, no power outage.

This is probably heading our way soon (GA). :cry:

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1148 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

If my brother buys the batman dlc, can i recover my gt and play said dlc on his xbox?

#1149 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Man I would kill for a thunderstorm rite now. This heat is unbearable.

texas -- arizona?

#1150 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

If my brother buys the batman dlc, can i recover my gt and play said dlc on his xbox?

Yep, you can. ;)

I just finished Batman dlc and thought it's nothing special and the ending was terrible. :/

Also it's as short as Cotwoman pack.

#1151 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Ok thanks for the answer and as for my location, nj. 90 degrees. If i was in tx or az, i would kill myself over the heat. I can only imagine the heat over there.

#1152 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yep, you can. ;)

I just finished Batman dlc and thought it's nothing special and the ending was terrible. :/

A superhero that has the power of a cot is even lamer than Aquaman.
But it would still make for a better movie than Catwoman.

#1153 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Peggle is amazing, buy it people if you don't already have it or Peggle Nights.

Why PopCap hasn't done a sequel to this thing is beyond me. I have this game on so many systems and phones it's not even funny.

#1154 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Yep, you can. ;)

Thanks for posting. Pretty much echoes the IGN review, except you turned their 6 paragraphs into 2 sentences. Nice.

And with that, I think I'm gonna wait on the Arkham City DLC. I think it will get a sale fairly quickly, DLC always does.

Peggle is amazing, buy it people if you don't already have it or Peggle Nights.

Why PopCap hasn't done a sequel to this thing is beyond me. I have this game on so many systems and phones it's not even funny.

I'll be that guy (and I'm not trolling at all). But what is so special about Peggle? I honestly do not get it at all. Barely made it through the game, and have no desire to ever check it out again. So I really don't understand what others see in it?

#1155 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

Ok thanks for the answer and as for my location, nj. 90 degrees. If i was in tx or az, i would kill myself over the heat. I can only imagine the heat over there.

It's not that bad right now but it will get worse. :hot:

#1156 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Also, it appears Raskulls and Joe Danger were the PlayXBLA codes for the week, so lots of those floating around the trading thread. I absolutely loved Raskulls, so I'd recommend that to anyone!!!

#1157 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Have all the games for popcap already... get astropop if you havent already!! PvZ also for those who been living under a rock.

agreed. PvZ is truly awesome and worth the money. It's also a different feeling experience than the PC version as you don't have to frantically click on sun. and don't forget the co-op and versus modes (though i wish they included online play!).

0:48 wave 33 start. 5:57 wave 35 start. 10:41 wave 37 start.

ahhh... good memories...

#1158 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for posting. Pretty much echoes the IGN review, except you turned their 6 paragraphs into 2 sentences. Nice.

And with that, I think I'm gonna wait on the Arkham City DLC. I think it will get a sale fairly quickly, DLC always does.

I'll be that guy (and I'm not trolling at all). But what is so special about Peggle? I honestly do not get it at all. Barely made it through the game, and have no desire to ever check it out again. So I really don't understand what others see in it?

I agree. It's really overrated.

#1159 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Completed the Batman DLC already...100%...what a letdown. Did nothing new from the main game(s) and it was WAY to short and easy.

Edit: No hard mode? No Robin in the city. No twists or surprises in the story :(

Edited by locolukah, 30 May 2012 - 04:51 AM.

SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#1160 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I also just beat the dlc and I have to say it was great. More batman AC is by far no where near a bad thing. The only letdown was the ending. I hoped for more, and possibly a spoiler for the next game, but alas there wasn't. Overall the dlc imo is a 8.8 out of 10

Edited by Royal High Knight, 29 May 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#1161 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I agree. It's really overrated.

Peggle is amazing. I refuse to accept dissent.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1162 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

what does peggle nights add and is it worth it?

#1163 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

what does peggle nights add and is it worth it?

It adds a good amount content. Definitely worth it IMO

#1164 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Most versions of Peggle offer Peggle Nights as DLC. But originally, it was a stand-alone sequel to Peggle. It's more Peggle.

#1165 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Cool. Got Bejeweled 3. Now I can play the Poker minigame on my XBox.

#1166 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

there's an error in the OP. Feeding Frenzy is 200 (normally 400). Feeding Frenzy 2 is 400 (normally 800).

#1167 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

I briefly skimmed the last dozen or so posts, but didn't see it mentioned, will the Peggle Nights DLC work with Peggle from the retail PvZ disc? My apologies if it was already asked.

#1168 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

Well, looks like another 2 weeks of "Nothing new for me".
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1169 justoneuncle

justoneuncle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

I briefly skimmed the last dozen or so posts, but didn't see it mentioned, will the Peggle Nights DLC work with Peggle from the retail PvZ disc? My apologies if it was already asked.

Yes it will as that is how I played it.

#1170 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

Don't forget: many of these Popcap games are available on disc in one form or another.

Popcap arcade vol 1&2 aren't cheap anymore, they've gone into the rare OOP category. The easiest to get a hold of at the moment is Plants Vs. Zombies which also includes Peggle and Zuma. PvZ disc + buying the Peggle Nights expansion = best deal. With this sale, though, 1,000 for Peggle+PvZ is probably better than having to run it from a disc the entire time.

Feeding Frenzy 2 adds 2-4 player multiplayer. That's the real reason to buy it. One caveat: Lives are shared between both players in co-op. Slightly annoying but still tolerable when my son uses up all of our lives every level so I have to beat it without ever dying.

Holy mother fucking shit! I had no idea those disks were starting to be considered rare! I may have to sell them, especially if the price goes up more! Are any of the other compilation disks rare? I have almost all of them!