XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#91 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

Already have Guwange and Virtual On, and the Rewards points should essentially make Nin2-Jump free for me. Awesome. :) Might splurge on some points for Haunt... not sure if I should.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#92 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

I don't see anything about it being a result of the EA deal, so this all comes off as conspiracy mumbo-jumbo, no offense. The logical reason for the closings would be that their sports games mostly sold like crap and the increased success of Sega Sports and EA Sports on their system made it much less of a sustainable avenue compared to the games that sold well for them. So one could say that EA (and Sega) forced Microsoft to give up on sports, but not because of an agreement to get EA on Xbox Live unless you can find some factual proof to prove it.

Those of us who bought NFL Fever 2004, NBA Inside Drive 2004, NHL Rivals 2004, Top Spin, and Links 2004 at full price for our Xbox behemoths know the story all too well. EA announces they're coming to Xbox Live, and the MS titles dry up on the store shelves. This left EA & Sega to duke it out over the NFL license, and we all know what happened there ... http://www.gamespot....he-nfl-6115180/

More explanations from those of us who remember how stuff works ...
http://electronics.h.../xbox-live3.htm

And some ancient news so you can follow the money ...
March 29, 2004 ... "We're cancelling all XSN titles, including football, basketball, and racing."
April 23, 2004 ... "EA is bringing football, basketball, and racing to Xbox Live."

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#93 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

Figured I'd play a quick round of Bullet Soul to try it out. Heck of a lot of fun but beating it in on my first play is somehow a little disappointing. Awesome that it kept raining achievements though. I'd give it a B+ in the few minutes I played. Worth the import. Going to have to snag the DLC from the JP market and find out what it's all about.

You'll be able to beat 95% of all Xbox 360 shmups on the first attempt since only a few like Ikaruga and Omega Five limit continues. That said, you have to reach the second loop of Bullet Soul (and most Cave games) in order to see the true boss and ending. That means beating the first loop without continuing and meeting a few other conditions. The true boss is just stupidly evil, much more in line with a Cave game than the rest of Bullet Soul's bosses. And yeah, it'll take plenty of practice to beat the second loop without continuing and/or get the rest of the game's Achievements.

It's a region free Japanese release, bullet hell shooter.

http://en.wikipedia....ime-sama_Futari

Wonder who does the translations for the marketplace. I know about the r/l and v/b swapping, but don't think I've seen h swapped for f.

The line of hiragana that the Japanese character comes from is the "H" sound line. The other characters in that line are: ha, hi, he, and ho. The 'fu' character, grouped with those other four, does make an 'f' sound but someone who only looked at a character chart and didn't know about pronunciation would likely get that wrong.

I was so glad that we got DeathSmiles 2 via GoD. I really wish they'd do the same with the rest of Cave's games. It seems like Cave and MS are leaving some money on the table.

To learn more about why Cave doesn't dig Games on Demand, check out my interview with one of their producers! :)

#94 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Those of us who bought NFL Fever 2004, NBA Inside Drive 2004, NHL Rivals 2004, Top Spin, and Links 2004 at full price for our Xbox behemoths know the story all too well. EA announces they're coming to Xbox Live, and the MS titles dry up on the store shelves. This left EA & Sega to duke it out over the NFL license, and we all know what happened there ... http://www.gamespot....he-nfl-6115180/

More explanations from those of us who remember how stuff works ...
http://electronics.h.../xbox-live3.htm

And some ancient news so you can follow the money ...
March 29, 2004 ... "We're cancelling all XSN titles, including football, basketball, and racing."
April 23, 2004 ... "EA is bringing football, basketball, and racing to Xbox Live."

So if it weren't for EA, do you really think those Microsoft sports games would've been fine despite poor sales due to EA and Sega Sports dominating the market? The sales say a hell of a lot more about why they stopped making them than the conspiracy theory that suggest EA could tell the platform holder what games they were allowed to make. Please provide some actual proof that Microsoft was forced to stop making sports games as a part of the agreement to get EA on Xbox Live, because all I see is an ailing sports division that wouldn't be able to sustain their existence for much longer due to competition that was only getting stronger.

The NFL thing has nothing to do with it since the NFL didn't want competition and took bids from any publisher that wanted the license (article here). Sony was in that group of publishers bidding for the license, but we all know who won in the end. The NFL has had some controversy over their new-ish policy of exclusive licensing with the American Needle antitrust suit that still seems to be going on.

#95 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

Just in case anyone is curious, the Black Label DLC does work with Mushihimesama Futari on a NA system, I picked it up the DLC when it was first released on the marketplace.

I'm currently on the fence about VOOT, I've heard the controls for Virtual On are not very intuitive, but I'm very curious about it since the franchise has had such a rabid following. Does the 360 version have a robust single player mode? How's the online community, are there many people still playing the game?

#96 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

I'm currently on the fence about VOOT, I've heard the controls for Virtual On are not very intuitive, but I'm very curious about it since the franchise has had such a rabid following. Does the 360 version have a robust single player mode?

If you want robust single-player, you'll have to get Virtual On Force, which gets a region-free Platinum Hits release very soon. The XBLA version has a straight arcade mode that you can play with your choice of character, and I forget but it might have a time trial or something too.

#97 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet? :roll:
No offense to reddjoey. I know he does what he can to keep the thread updated. But here is a few things I noticed just now:

Why is there two sections with "misc sales"? Both with sales on junk avatar items. These are really old and can probably be removed now.

The "Discs that Contain XBLA Games:" section needs to be heavily edited also.

The Family Game Night 3, 4, and Fun Pack games are not discs with XBLA games. They are their own games with 1000 individual gamerscore. Same goes for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection but at least that has a note.

The Sega Dreamcast Collection is not the only way to get Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 Part 2 anymore. But it can remain on that list since those are actually XBLA games.

If Alien Breed Trilogy (not available in the US) is on the list then you might as well put the Serious Sam HD collection (also not available in the US) on there also.

Just sayin'...
Sorry if I seem ranty but this is one of my favorite threads on the site so I want it to be perfect!

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#98 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Someone mentioned that it was only for people who had never purchased an XBLA game before, but I can't source that either.

What I do know is that for myself and the vast majority here, no offer was made available.

Well, that would explain why I've only seen the offer on my college's communal Xbox. That just makes that deal even lamer than before.

#99 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

*Looks at this week's deals*

Nothing to see here folks, move along
Get paid for the time you spend on the web! Click here

#100 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet?

Reddjoey asked a while ago if people wanted the thread to be wikified. The majority of people felt he was doing a great job with the thread as is.

To learn more about why Cave doesn't dig Games on Demand, check out my interview with one of their producers! :)

Thank you very much. :)

#101 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Awesomenauts is up. I was worried it wouldn't realease but now that it is live, I personally wouldn't buy it now based only on the assumption it may get delisted due to the financial troubles of the publisher. Having said that, if it is good, I will buy it today :lol:.

Downloading demos for that and Fable Heroes now. Can't wait to try them out when I get home. Have way too many stock piled points sitting around.

Random question. Has anyone played the Sine Mora demo and full game? I played the demo and enjoyed the gameplay but the stages in the demo didn't seem to be linked. There didn't seem to be any cohesion. Were those just random stages put in for the demo? Or was that the first segment of the game?

#102 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Awesomenauts is up. I was worried it wouldn't realease but now that it is live, I personally wouldn't buy it now based only on the assumption it may get delisted due to the financial troubles of the publisher. Having said that, if it is good, I will buy it today :lol:.

Downloading demos for that and Fable Heroes now. Can't wait to try them out when I get home. Have way too many stock piled points sitting around.

Random question. Has anyone played the Sine Mora demo and full game? I played the demo and enjoyed the gameplay but the stages in the demo didn't seem to be linked. There didn't seem to be any cohesion. Were those just random stages put in for the demo? Or was that the first segment of the game?

I have Sine Mora and I'm pretty sure the levels in the demo are not the order you see them in the main game. That said, the game is really back and forth between characters and levels and stuff. Very disconnected. My understanding is that the story comes full circle, but expect to be confused until you finish. I still think it's a great take on the shump, though.
Posted Image

#103 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet?

I agree. Reddjoey does a great job and everything, but it makes more sense to let the whole community make changes as they come up. It's a nice feature of the site that is underused. He can still be the main contributor, of course. ;)

#104 star65

star65

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Nothing for me for 2 weeks.
Um, whoever was talking about getting the dead island DLC, I wouldn't personally the 2 dlc packs are not worth the cash. "Bloothbath" arena I bought the day it came out, good luck finding anybody playing it and it is easy to level up but it's no where as fun as the single player campaign. The 4 times I ve played it. I always got stuck with a couple 11 year old british kids who had some really foul mouths. "Ryder White DLC" is single player only, no co op and no Achievements. Now Dead island is a great game but the DLC is simply not worth it.

yeah that was me as they are half price on the japan marketplace.
thanks for the info, saved me some money.

#105 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Awesomenauts for me :D
Really have high hopes for this one since Joystiq loved it.

http://www.joystiq.c...menauts-review/
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#106 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

I have Sine Mora and I'm pretty sure the levels in the demo are not the order you see them in the main game. That said, the game is really back and forth between characters and levels and stuff. Very disconnected. My understanding is that the story comes full circle, but expect to be confused until you finish. I still think it's a great take on the shump, though.

Thanks for the info.

-----------

Keep up the good work Reddjoey. No need to wikifi.

--------

Also, once I test out Awesomenauts, if I pick it up, I'd be up for playing with some CAGs.

#107 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Reddjoey asked a while ago if people wanted the thread to be wikified. The majority of people felt he was doing a great job with the thread as is

I'm torn on Wikifying, Joey does do a great job though.

Awesomenauts is extremely awesome! I wanted to kill a couple of my teammates but it's an exciting game when there are human players and not bots.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#108 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yeah, it can get a bit confusing the first time through. I love the game myself. It has some of the best, and unique, voice work I have seen in a long time in gaming. Plus I love challenging games and Sine Mora is no pushover.

#109 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Glad to see Awesomenauts is seeing the light of day although it hasn't been on my radar and I don't know anything about it.

As to the question of thread Wikification, I don't really care either way. I value the conversation of the thread as much as its information and I don't think I'd be a major contributor to the Wiki anyway. However, if it is done I have no problem with it.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#110 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

In my opinion, I don't think people should be complaining about weak sales during the middle of the Microsoft Arcade Next promotion. MS is trying to raise awareness and interest in the new XBLA games Trials Evolution, Fable Heroes, Minecraft 360. Theoretically, that is where you are supposed to be spending you points at this time.

/ 2¢

Joey, you don't have the Arcade Next promotion listed with the XBLA stuff. :booty:

Yes, and then when nothing happens after the ARCADE NEXT --- and they move to SUMMER OF ARCADE, what's the excuse then?
-Michael

Posted Image

#111 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

You'll be able to beat 95% of all Xbox 360 shmups on the first attempt since only a few like Ikaruga and Omega Five limit continues.

You get unlimited continues in Ikaruga, but you have to play the game for 9 hours first to unlock it.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#112 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

You get unlimited continues in Ikaruga, but you have to play the game for 9 hours first to unlock it.

Same thing with Omega Five, but the point stands. :)

#113 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet? :roll:
No offense to reddjoey. I know he does what he can to keep the thread updated. But here is a few things I noticed just now:

Why is there two sections with "misc sales"? Both with sales on junk avatar items. These are really old and can probably be removed now.

The "Discs that Contain XBLA Games:" section needs to be heavily edited also.

The Family Game Night 3, 4, and Fun Pack games are not discs with XBLA games. They are their own games with 1000 individual gamerscore. Same goes for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection but at least that has a note.

The Sega Dreamcast Collection is not the only way to get Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 Part 2 anymore. But it can remain on that list since those are actually XBLA games.

If Alien Breed Trilogy (not available in the US) is on the list then you might as well put the Serious Sam HD collection (also not available in the US) on there also.

Just sayin'...
Sorry if I seem ranty but this is one of my favorite threads on the site so I want it to be perfect!

Starting from the top.

Like others said, I asked and it didn't really fly. I wiki-ed the Xbox Rewards thread, but no-one ever updates it. I still do it despite it being like 3 sentences. Not as big of a thread as this but still something that makes me wonder. My main concern is that the OP will get out of control or I would just make more work for myself.

That "junk" sadly is still on sale. Maybe it is time to consolidate all that and stick it behind a spoiler tag.

I'll look at the disc sections and make some corrections. The UK discs are listed in hopes they would come to the US.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Everything that's not the current sales have taken a back seat since my course load at college has kept me very busy. All my free time has gone to studying and staying sane (you know watching tv and living my life). I have a stack of games (to include ME3) that I need to get to. That said, I will try and get some of those corrections done this week, but it is finals week.

This thread is always open to changes and corrections, all it takes is a post or PM letting me know.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#114 vherub

vherub

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

are there any promos for buying all the NEXT titles?

#115 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Probably for the 100th time. No.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#116 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Buy the first 3, get the 4th at full price.

#117 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Buy the first 3, get the 4th at full price.

My favorite kind of promotion lol.

Thanks MS!

#118 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

I just bought the back to karkland dlc and got my friends to buy it as well. I just ordered battlefield 3 from best buy the other day for $20 so the timing is perfect. Thanks op.

#119 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

same here with the battlefield 3. dlc couldn't have come at a better time. need to buy some MS Points and get Awesomenauts later today and download the Fable Heroes demo. Heard lots of good previews on that one.

#120 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

same here with the battlefield 3. dlc couldn't have come at a better time. need to buy some MS Points and get Awesomenauts later today and download the Fable Heroes demo. Heard lots of good previews on that one.

I've been playing Fable Heroes for a couple of days and do not like it. There are quite a few reviews out now and they're mostly in agreement that the game is not good.