Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#1681 killer9

killer9

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Terribad god sale ms really only the shitty games eh gimme some good god and i will buy them

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#1682 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Not sure about Viva, I never played any of them and I really with this were the first one.

Viva Pinata is like a crappy mario party type game and nothing like the other Viva Pinata games. A lot of it is racing if I remember. Its pretty lame but depending how many people you had to play it then it might be worth 5 bucks. Kids with low videogame standards might get some enjoyment out of it.

I've pass on Bomberman Act Zero at 2.99 I had friends in real life say horrible things about it so I know its most likely a pos.

#1683 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Terribad god sale ms really only the shitty games eh gimme some good god and i will buy them

It seems like most are launch title games or are around from 2006-2008. If COD 2 was in the mix, then we would have a set, but there's no motherfucking way activison lets a COD game be sold for less than $10, No fucking way

#1684 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

tiger woods? what a joke. psn has amazing sales every week, i might make the switch soon. microsoft is entirely too blinded to realize that if they lower the higher rated arcade games and dlc rather than the higher selling ones, that they will sell more.

#1685 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

It seems like most are launch title games or are around from 2006-2008. If COD 2 was in the mix, then we would have a set, but there's no motherfucking way activison lets a COD game be sold for less than $10, No fucking way

Or Quake 4, which Bethesda is re-releasing

Condemned: Criminal Origins (search this or its sequel out if you haven't already, great games built from the ground up for Xbox 360),

King Kong (a first person adventure game made by the same dude who did Beyond Good and Evil and Rayman Origins)

Gun (great western made by the same company who did Tony Hawk games)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA would never let their games be priced this low)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (RIP Bizarre Creations)

Sorry for the long winded list, but Microsoft has a lot more games to choose from for future sales of these types.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#1686 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

Bionic Commando and PoP (Except for both endings) are pretty good.

Facebreaker, I am indifferent about. I enjoyed what it tried to do, it is unique as hell in the fighting genre but I do not think I can say it succeeded. The online servers are dEAd too.

Perfect Dark Zero is $5 everywhere. You could do worse but also better.

The less people that play Conan the better, especially with the past few week's feminism kick

Good grief, there's been a feminism kick this past week? No wonder the internets have been so intolerable these past couple of days.

Any sign of this bullshit dying down? I'd hate to be hit by any more drive by gender theory majors.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1687 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Why is it that the GoD games like Crysis and RE4 will never get discounts? Seriously next week's GoD sale sucks!

#1688 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

And I was hoping crysis and the RE remakes would be on sale. I already own 90% of what is on sale next week.

#1689 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

I might get Conan, PoP, and Virtua Tennis 2009.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1690 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Why is it that the GoD games like Crysis and RE4 will never get discounts? Seriously next week's GoD sale sucks!

We're starting with launch titles and C list games, so you'll have to wait at least two years before we get to 2011 games.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1691 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Because those are good games that are probably selling just fine.

The reason these old crappy games went on sale is because they weren't moving any copies at full price.

#1692 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

Or Quake 4, which Bethesda is re-releasing

Condemned: Criminal Origins (search this or its sequel out if you haven't already, great games built from the ground up for Xbox 360),

King Kong (a first person adventure game made by the same dude who did Beyond Good and Evil and Rayman Origins)

Gun (great western made by the same company who did Tony Hawk games)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA would never let their games be priced this low)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (RIP Bizarre Creations)

Sorry for the long winded list, but Microsoft has a lot more games to choose from for future sales of these types.

oh shit if Most wanted was part of this sale, I would be so happy. Hell ill be content with pgr3. Man getting PoP for 320 MSP sounds sweet, but then at the same time not really. Thats should be the motto for being an xbox live member.

#1693 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Besides the fact that you can't save or even use passwords, there wasn't one other legitimate complaint that would turn me off of that game (I wouldn't play it local MP anyway). "OMG the picture of the fireball isn't smiling anymore OH NO!"

Actually made me want to try it out for $5. Are the controls ok?

EDIT: The achievements look grindy and stupid.

Act Zero's Achievements are incredibly grindy, yes. Don't expect to ever get 1,000 from it.

Did you know I have the largest Bomberman collection in the world? I wish I could find the pictures of my collection from Hudson's site, but it shut down.

Anyway, I played this game quite a lot because the gameplay is actually quite good (arguably better than the Bomberman Live games). But there are tons of obvious problems including the lack of local multiplayer and horrendous load times that show Hudson Japan simply didn't care about this one. Single-player is really not bad as long as you have the time for it (~2 hours). I don't know if I'd recommend Act Zero - maybe if you want to play a more obscure game and you're kind of forgiving. Otherwise, Bomberman Live Battlefest is a much better buy if only because the load times are way better.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1694 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

Just gonna chime in here but I own Viva Piniata Party Animals...my 5 yeard old girl enjoyed the demo and if I had it on GOD she'd probably play it. We played a little bit together and it's not bad. Racing and other mini games but with your kid it can be enjoyable. Just not as many kid friendly games on the xbox...

If you can find some of these games cheaper on disc then I imagine that's the way to go but for the achievement whores, I've bought arcade titles for the same prices just to get 200...

#1695 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

Definitely nothing exciting in the GoD sale, but some good deals regardless. I thought GRAW was excellent, but its been a few years since I've played it. Rockstar Table Tennis also is really good for what it is: a ping pong game. I have also heard many great things about Prince of Persia and Kameo, but they've both been in my backlog for awhile, along with Perfect Dark Zero and Conan.

I'll definitely buy Tornado Outbreak and Blazing Angels. I've thought about buying both of those used for awhile now, but always decided against it due to my backlog. I might also get Dark Void, Bionic Commando, and Sega Superstar Tennis.

#1696 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Damn, after waiting and thinking about buying Tornado Outbreak for the longest time, I bit on it on the GoHastings sale. It was only a dollar extra, which for a disc version of the game certainly isn't the worst thing. But still, figures the day I buy it, I find out it goes on sale for slightly cheaper. This is definitely a step in the right direction though, I certainly don't mind waiting to get Crysis/RE/Deathsmiles 2 for a discount like this.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#1697 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

tiger woods? what a joke. psn has amazing sales every week, i might make the switch soon. microsoft is entirely too blinded to realize that if they lower the higher rated arcade games and dlc rather than the higher selling ones, that they will sell more.

If people will buy garbage like Minecraft for $20 a pop they have no reason to lower digital prices on anything... :roll:

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#1698 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

From that GoD sale list, here are their ranks on the list of best-selling Games on Demand titles of all-time (bolded have demos):

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - 100
Perfect Dark Zero - 117
Kameo - 136
Conan - 141
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II - 152
Bionic Commando - 162 (MP Demo)
Dark Void - 186
Surf's up - 215

FaceBreaker - 218
Bolt - 229
Prince of Persia - 230
SEGA Superstars Tennis - 237
Viva Pinata Party Animals - 247

Rockstar Table Tennis - 251
Bomberman Act: Zero - 274
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - 316
Virtua Tennis 2009 - 339
Open Season - 380
Meet the Robinsons - 381
Tornado Outbreak - 398

#1699 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Garbage like minecraft? What the what?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#1700 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Never payed to much attention to the GoD prices but I knew they were all to expensive but looking at this sale list I'm realizing just how bad it is, you know your service sucks when the 75% off sale makes them the normal price you can get them in stores.

#1701 JamesFerguson

JamesFerguson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Any word on what these are? Sale? Drop? Insane?

RE: DJ Hero and Guitar Hero sales.

They had a random bunch of these at a lower price a few weeks back. Could be just a random unadvertised sale that they're doing. I'm just glad I was able to pick up some cheap DJ Hero track packs.

#1702 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Just tried three demos, VP party animals, blazing angels, and Conan. Party animals is like a generic Mario party so that is a maybe for me now. Blazing angels is definitely worth $5. And Conan is not getting any money from me.I'll also get PoP, only played the retail copy once then got rid of it. Kind of want to play that again.

#1703 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

From that GoD sale list, here are their ranks on the list of best-selling Games on Demand titles of all-time (bolded have demos):

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - 100
Perfect Dark Zero - 117
Kameo - 136
Conan - 141
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II - 152
Bionic Commando - 162 (MP Demo)
Dark Void - 186
Surf's up - 215
FaceBreaker - 218
Bolt - 229
Prince of Persia - 230
SEGA Superstars Tennis - 237
Viva Pinata Party Animals - 247
Rockstar Table Tennis - 251
Bomberman Act: Zero - 274
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - 316
Virtua Tennis 2009 - 339
Open Season - 380
Meet the Robinsons - 381
Tornado Outbreak - 398

Nice. Must of had alot of time on your hands? Anyways who the Fuck is buying any of these games for their current prices? I would love to meet the few people who spent $20 on GRAW 1 and just point and laugh in their faces

#1704 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Nice. Must of had alot of time on your hands? Anyways who the Fuck is buying any of these games for their current prices? I would love to meet the few people who spent $20 on GRAW 1 and just point and laugh in their faces

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of account hacking was used to buy games on demand. You only need the gamertag long enough to download a couple of games onto your console and then you can play with your own. It's probably a hell of a lot safer than stealing physical copies. I'm going to assume the people who do that shit are mostly doing it for CoD and Assassin's Creed but those people were probably all 7 or 8 when GRAW came out and they missed it at release. A military man with a gun is probably enough to get them to put it in the queue and $20 doesn't matter if it's someone else's points/CC.

#1705 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

damn frisky nice list if you made that they give us the shittest GoD games

#1706 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Going by user ratings, 14 of the 20 games on the list appear in the 100 worst-rated Games on Demand titles. To be fair, the bottom of that list starts at about four stars and doesn't dip below three stars until it reaches the three worst games.

The Top Five:
1. Brave Warrior's Tale - 2 Stars
2. Blowout - 2.5 Stars
3. Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3 - 2.5 Stars
4. Meet the Robinsons - 3 Stars
5. Bomberman: Act Zero - 3 Stars

#1707 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

If people will buy garbage like Minecraft for $20 a pop they have no reason to lower digital prices on anything... :roll:

mincraft is well worth $20. never played it on pc and never believed it could possibly be that good but when i played it i fell in love. Put 50+ hours on that sumbitch

#1708 MRGx

MRGx

Batman > *

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

heres all the GoD games ranked by metacritic score:

86 - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
81 - Rockstar Table Tennis
81 - Prince of Persia
81 - Perfect Dark Zero
79 - Kameo
70 - Virtua Tennis 2009
70 - Bionic Commando
69 - Conan
67 - SEGA Superstars Tennis
66 - Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
65 - Meet the Robinsons
62 - Tornado Outbreak
62 - Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
61 - Surf’s Up
59 - Open Season
59 - Dark Void
57 - Bolt
56 - Viva Pinata Party Animals
54 - FaceBreaker
34 - Bomberman Act: Zero

for me (with the points I have now) I can get..maybe 3-4 games they'd be PoP, Bionic, Conan, Blazing Angels (or Sega Tennis..which seems funish, heard it was decent). only those since I already own GRAW, Table Tennis, PDZ, Kameo

Edited by MRGx, 15 June 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#1709 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Wow, went on my dash and looked at the most popular GOnD and most of these were in the late 300's out of the 400 games listed. Honestly unlike many here I don't really like having a good amount of points on my account. Anything over 160 bothers me and with only PoP as a maybe for next week, I dunno what to do.

#1710 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Perhaps these games are getting ready to be delisted and microsoft finally figured out that trying to sell these things one last time could mean more profit...