XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#2011 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

I already have the digital versions of BG&E and Outland when I bought 'em on sale, so I'll be passing on this.

I got BG&E and Outland as well. From Dust is disappointing game imo.
Also these compilation discs do not have instal option and most of them spins all the time in dvd drive.

#2012 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

is Alone in the Dark any good?

no, not really.

#2013 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I personally consider it the absolute worst game I've played this generation.
Posted Image

#2014 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

The FIFA Soccer 2012 Euro DLC is 25% off for anyone interested. Saw it on the dashboard as well as Spylon's site.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#2015 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC drops this Tuesday (June 26th)

http://www.gameinfor...is-tuesday.aspx

Ohhh...and Dawnguard also for Skyrim.
Posted Image

#2016 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

I enjoyed it. Not the absolute best thing ever but no where near the worst either.

#2017 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hooray, purple ending!

#2018 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Ohhh...and Dawnguard also for Skyrim.

Dawnguard is official for Tuesday?

#2019 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

I got BG&E and Outland as well. From Dust is disappointing game imo.
Also these compilation discs do not have instal option and most of them spins all the time in dvd drive.

I enjoy From Dust. It can be quite frustrating at times, but for someone who enjoyed Populous it makes me feel young again (yes, I am old, I was grown when Populous came out).

#2020 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

If you have a PS3, that's the "preferred" version to get, AITD: Inferno.

Fixes a number of issues with the game versus the 360 version.

#2021 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

The FIFA Soccer 2012 Euro DLC is 25% off for anyone interested. Saw it on the dashboard as well as Spylon's site.

Hopefully EA has patched the DLC so that it doesn't completely crash your console anytime you try to do anything online related.

#2022 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

BF 3 Close Quarters is available for non-premium members starting Tuesday. Also, unless there's been a delay in certification, Walking Dead Ep. 2 should be out Tuesday also.

#2023 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Everyone should get Rockstar's Table Tennis while it's $5. Pretty sure you can still snag the disc copy at GS used for $5-ish like I did, but it's a rarer find. The game is an excellent emulation of competition table tennis and one of my favorite sports titles.

#2024 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Everyone should get Rockstar's Table Tennis while it's $5. Pretty sure you can still snag the disc copy at GS used for $5-ish like I did, but it's a rarer find. The game is an excellent emulation of competition table tennis and one of my favorite sports titles.

this title intrigued me way back when. but the table tennis in Kinect Sports more than fits the bill. It really is my favorite activity in KS. Even the minigames of table tennis in KS are really fun but the draw is the online multiplayer matches.

The only thing I wished for in table tennis in KS is for it to let you play with an online friend against a pair of other online people. The game only allows 2 people in the same room to play another online pair that are in the same room on the other side or of course, online 1v1 or local multiplayer. Which severely restricts the combination of people you can play. I'd love to be able to play with 3 of my online friends in a 2v2 match.

Edited by dirtyvu, 22 June 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#2025 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

I've got my list of possible GoD purchases down to 11. Lots of the kiddie games are on there, they're always mindless fun.

I'm finding I'm asking myself do I want to spend 5-10 hours on these games more than I'm asking myself do I want to spend $5 on them.

#2026 killer9

killer9

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

BF 3 Close Quarters is available for non-premium members starting Tuesday. Also, unless there's been a delay in certification, Walking Dead Ep. 2 should be out Tuesday also.

Tuesday is gonna be awesome walking dead mass effect 3 extended ending and dawn guard dlc for skyrim

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#2027 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

Tuesday is gonna be awesome walking dead mass effect 3 extended ending and dawn guard dlc for skyrim

episode 2 comes out tuesday ? link ? :-#

Posted Image

#2028 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

it's $2.99 @ gamestop, think i'll just get the disc version to save hd space and $
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2029 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

Just an update...my kids (8 & 6) have put in several hours of playtime with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and they have loved every minute of it. I believe they almost have the game beat and played the game without frustration (which is awesome for my 6 y.o.). It was a great buy at $5.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/m3talst0rm

Posted Image

#2030 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

episode 2 comes out tuesday ? link ? :-#

Yes, LINK PLEASE!
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#2031 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

...dawn guard dlc for skyrim

whaaa?

#2032 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

Has TWD Ep. 2 been confirmed for Tuesday? Last I heard it was just by the end of the month.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#2033 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

If you (anyone reading this) haven't already bought it by now I would suggest passing on it.

It was overpriced and buggy, and there are still real issues with the online tournament mode (disappearing substitute players, etc).

The expedition mode was a decent idea but quickly becomes an insanely tedious grind.

It just doesn't offer that much value for money in terms of what it adds to FIFA 12 overall.

We're 3 months from a new FIFA game. You'd be better off sticking with what you have, selling your game sometime in august, and getting the next version.

The Euro mode will likely be a ghost-town after the new FIFA is released. Buyer beware.

#2034 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

It doesn't look like the Games on Demand sale is doing big numbers from what I can tell without any actual numbers. Just looking at the daily best-selling list, none of these games are close to the top with yesterday having Prince of Persia TFS and GRAW appearing at 22 & 23 on the list. GRAW was at 100 on the all-time best-selling before the sale and it's still at 100 even now, so the increase in sales isn't enough to help it surpass the games ahead of it. The games at the bottom of the list I posted earlier are moving up a bit, but not dramatically like you'd expect.

#2035 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

It doesn't look like the Games on Demand sale is doing big numbers from what I can tell without any actual numbers. Just looking at the daily best-selling list, none of these games are close to the top with yesterday having Prince of Persia TFS and GRAW appearing at 22 & 23 on the list. GRAW was at 100 on the all-time best-selling before the sale and it's still at 100 even now, so the increase in sales isn't enough to help it surpass the games ahead of it. The games at the bottom of the list I posted earlier are moving up a bit, but not dramatically like you'd expect.

Do you know the criteria for how the list is populated? Is it the number of units sold, the amount of revenue, or some other metric? I can see the titles on sale not moving much if its based on the revenue.

When we first learned of the sale, I wasn't expecting to buy anything. Now after reading this and the thread dedicated to the deal I've started to lean towards Bolt (I enjoyed the movie), Conan (I played and traded this one in long ago but remember having fun), Tornado Outbreak (Katamari clone? Sounds interesting), Meet the Robinsons, Open Season, and Surfs Up (I'm sort of an achievement whore at times). I usually make my DotW purchases on Monday so I can do enough research to make up my mind.

#2036 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Why does Magic 2013 only have 200 gamerscore available? I thought 400 was mandatory starting in June.

#2037 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Why does Magic 2013 only have 200 gamerscore available? I thought 400 was mandatory starting in June.

That's what I originally thought as well. I don't have time to look up where I saw it, but apparently the June 1st date applies to "I think" when the game gets certified. It does not apply for when the game actually hits release.

card.png

#2038 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Also to add to what was said above.This was brought up by some other website. The answer was it was the developer's choice if they wanted to add the extra 200 GS. Honestly this game will def. add dlc to make up for that. I love the game, only complain is the new planechase mode. That mode sucks so much. Games can last at the minium 30 minutes (no joke). Anarchy mode in 2012 was brilliant, planechase not so much.

#2039 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

That's what I originally thought as well. I don't have time to look up where I saw it, but apparently the June 1st date applies to "I think" when the game gets certified. It does not apply for when the game actually hits release.

You're probably right.

Anyone doing the Cheeve Challenge for this week? I don't know how to play Magic so I'm kind of S.O.L.

#2040 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

You're probably right.

Anyone doing the Cheeve Challenge for this week? I don't know how to play Magic so I'm kind of S.O.L.

Not yet. N+ was on sale before and I didn't buy it then. If I just needed to buy the pinball and Magic I would actually consider doing so as I will buy Magic on the first sale anyway. If they gave you hints at least to what the two free games were, I'd be more inclined to fork over my precious points.