XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#2041 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Do you know the criteria for how the list is populated? Is it the number of units sold, the amount of revenue, or some other metric? I can see the titles on sale not moving much if its based on the revenue.

No, but I can't imagine that it's done by revenue. That seems like an odd stat to base that sort option on. Remember that the sale isn't really mentioned anywhere on Xbox.com and it wasn't in the Sales & Specials section on the dashboard for a while. It's buried in the Sales & Specials rotator behind the FIFA 12 DLC, the Rush for Gold sweepstakes, and a Black Ops GoD sale, so it's advertised about as much as I'd expect and it's done about as well as I'd expect a sale of this caliber.

#2042 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

Anyone doing the Cheeve Challenge for this week? I don't know how to play Magic so I'm kind of S.O.L.

Nope. already have 200G on N+, but i have no interest in game like Magic and still don't have these Pinball FX 2 tables. I wish they include only two games in Cheeve Challenges.

Talking about Pinball FX - which 800MSP pack is the best from these - Marvel Collection, Core Collection, Marvel : V&V, Marvel: Avengers Chronicles?
Damn, the game is soo addictive, but too expensive. :0
So far i bought Classic Collection and bunch of 200MSP tables.

Why does Magic 2013 only have 200 gamerscore available? I thought 400 was mandatory starting in June.

Also there are bunch of upcoming XBLA with only 200G as well - Warlords, Frogger, Realms of Ancient War.

Edited by Sath666, 23 June 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#2043 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Anyone doing the Cheeve Challenge for this week? I don't know how to play Magic so I'm kind of S.O.L.

If I can get a cheap Magic 2013 code I will definitely give it a shot. I already have the Marvel Avengers pinball pack (those three achievements should be very easy).

TheVila.png

#2044 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

Nope. already have 200G on N+, but i have no interest in game like Magic and still don't have these Pinball FX 2 tables. I wish they include only two games in Cheeve Challenges.

Talking about Pinball FX - which 800MSP pack is the best from these - Marvel Collection, Core Collection, Marvel : V&V, Marvel: Avengers Chronicles?
Damn, the game is soo addictive, but too expensive. :0
So far i bought Classic Collection and bunch of 200MSP tables.

Also there are bunch of upcoming XBLA with only 200G as well - Warlords, Frogger, Realms of Ancient War.

I've been so impressed with Avenger Chronicles it's crazy! It feels like they built them to be just a little bit easier, which is great for a casual player like me who wants to feel like he's succeeding at the game!

Also, 200G on N+? That's impressive, that game is so obnoxiously difficult.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2045 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Also, 200G on N+? That's impressive, that game is so obnoxiously difficult.

It's not easy, but was nothing like Super Meat Boy - this game almost make me throw my controller haha. Still managed to get 200G there as well.
I stopped with achievement hunting for last year - it's a huuge time sink.

#2046 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

It's not easy, but was nothing like Super Meat Boy - this game almost make me throw my controller haha. Still managed to get 200G there as well.
I stopped with achievement hunting for last year - it's a huuge time sink.

Ha, lucky. I can't stop being an achievement whore. Gotta have atleast 500 GS+ on every retail game I buy. It ruins a majority of the fun, that comes with any game. :cry:

#2047 pureheat101

pureheat101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

I've been waiting a while but looks like it may never happen again...
Any chance of Mass Effect 2 DLC's going on sale anytime soon? Thoughts?

#2048 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Ha, lucky. I can't stop being an achievement whore. Gotta have atleast 500 GS+ on every retail game I buy. It ruins a majority of the fun, that comes with any game. :cry:

How does it ruin the fun? (just curious)
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#2049 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

That's not good. I'm an achievement whore but I won't do anything that doesn't seem fun or interesting to me. There are games where all I'm missing is collectible achievements to get 1000 and I'm okay with that because collectable achievements are so damn tedious and just not fun.

Now in the case of SMB, that's a whole different feeling. That's fun in an anger inducing way and so rewarding when you do see a achievement pop. Achievements have added so much replay to my games but I can see where people make it more work than fun.

#2050 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I can identify with what he's saying. Before I started paying attention to achievements I would pick up the game and play it like I want to play it. Now with the achievements, I have to have my laptop by my side when I play to make sure I don't miss any achievements. I basically change the way I play games to a more structured very inflexible way. With my backlog I never have the time (or really desire) for a second playthrough, so I have to try to get everything on the first one. Sometimes it feels more work than fun.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2051 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

People skip out on fun games because the achievements aren't easy to get? Wow

#2052 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

For me I know there has been a few games I have started on higher than default difficulty for the achievements, and I'm horrible at most games, so that's always frustrating. Also, for games like Alan Wake, personally at least, it can ruin the flow and atmosphere of the game if you wandering in circles looking for collectables.
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#2053 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

I can identify with what he's saying. Before I started paying attention to achievements I would pick up the game and play it like I want to play it. Now with the achievements, I have to have my laptop by my side when I play to make sure I don't miss any achievements. I basically change the way I play games to a more structured very inflexible way. With my backlog I never have the time (or really desire) for a second playthrough, so I have to try to get everything on the first one. Sometimes it feels more work than fun.

Yeah, I can identify too. I will skim the achievements before playing a game, but I do my best not to allow them to ruin a game. I don't use collectible guides the first time through because I know that would ruin the fun in the game. I will look up which achievements are missable (the Roadmaps on x360a are a lifesaver) so I can try to grab those the first time I play through. Like ooga, there's a very small chance that any of my games are gonna get more than 1 playthrough.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2054 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

The people that reviewed Sonic Adventure are either hypocrites or liars. How can the same game that people were saying was great back when it first came out say that it's horrible now. I don't accept that. A good game is a good game is a good game. If I was a gold member I would buy the game.

#2055 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

The people that reviewed Sonic Adventure are either hypocrites or liars. How can the same game that people were saying was great back when it first came out say that it's horrible now. I don't accept that. A good game is a good game is a good game. If I was a gold member I would buy the game.

I feel the same way. A good game is a good game. However, I am finding that some games really just stand the test of time. I used to like the original Sonic games when I was a kid, but I can't stand them now. However, Sonic Adventure was never a good game. IMHO it was the start of Sonic's fall from grace. He just couldn't make the transition to polygonal 3D.

#2056 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Haha I can identify with all the achievement whores. I'm sitting at about 81% completion percentage right now with over 114,000 GS.

People skip out on fun games because the achievements aren't easy to get? Wow

I have skipped many games because of hard achievements. My first consideration when buying a game is obviously how good I think it will be but a close second is the achievements. If they're way to hard I won't buy the game (unless it is a must have game), if they're way to easy I won't pay a lot for the game.

I've also bought a decent amount of pretty crappy games when they dropped down to a cheap ass price just for the achievements.

I disagree completely. Games just don't age well. Other than a handful of amazing exceptions any game over 10-15 or so years old is complete garbage in my book even though I loved plenty of them when I played them back in the day.

#2057 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

People can't change their opinion in 12 -13 years?
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2058 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Xbox hurry up and lift your 4MB limit ban on Arcade titles DLC so we can get the Pinball Arcade DLC tables already. Do it!

#2059 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

There are a number of reasons, but camera and controls can be a big one. I loved the RE games back on the original playstation, but I played Code Veronica a couple months ago, and while not a bad game by any stretch, it did not age well as the controls were hard to get used to again. Maybe it's just me, but it seems sprite based games age much better than their 3D counterparts.

card.png

#2060 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I disagree completely. Games just don't age well. Other than a handful of amazing exceptions any game over 10-15 or so years old is complete garbage in my book even though I loved plenty of them when I played them back in the day.

That's hyperbole on your part. You mean to tell me that a good game from 1997-2002 wouldn't be enjoyable now? I don't buy it. Games haven't changed that much except for graphics and we all know that there's more to a game than how it looks.

The vast majority of games in Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network are from that time period and way before it. If all these old games were so terrible that wouldn't be the case now would it? No one would be buying such horrible software.

#2061 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

There are a number of reasons, but camera and controls can be a big one. I loved the RE games back on the original playstation, but I played Code Veronica a couple months ago, and while not a bad game by any stretch, it did not age well as the controls were hard to get used to again. Maybe it's just me, but it seems sprite based games age much better than their 3D counterparts.

The bolded part of your post is my point in a nutshell and what frustrated me somewhat about the Sonic Adventure reviews. I understand that the development of games must evolve and do evolve (for some more than others). At the same time that doesn't mean that the things that made a game from the past enjoyable are no longer there or conversely that the problems from before still aren't bothersome.

For the reviewers to do a complete 180 on Sonic Adventure makes me wonder if they were expecting a different game or something. I looked up reviews for other games from the past that have been remade for Xbox Live or other systems and I can't find one where the perception from the past version to the current has shifted so radically. It makes me wonder why that was the case.

#2062 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

That's hyperbole on your part. You mean to tell me that a good game from 1997-2002 wouldn't be enjoyable now? I don't buy it. Games haven't changed that much except for graphics and we all know that there's more to a game than how it looks.

The vast majority of games in Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network are from that time period and way before it. If all these old games were so terrible that wouldn't be the case now would it? No one would be buying such horrible software.

Yes I am saying that most games I played pre 2000 or so and liked I absolutely hate now. I'm just talking my personal opinion and it's not hyperbole at all. Like I said there are exceptions but that is how I feel about the vast majority of games pre PS2 era.

Graphics are a huge part of what has changed but it is definitely not the only thing. Gameplay itself has changed vastly as well. Look at an NES Mario game and a newer Mario game or NES Metal Gear and a Playstation area Metal Gear or GTA 1 and any GTA after 3. I'm sure there are way more examples but those are just 3 I can think of off the top of my head of series who's gameplay has changed vastly over the years. Gameplay is always changing.

#2063 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've been waiting a while but looks like it may never happen again...
Any chance of Mass Effect 2 DLC's going on sale anytime soon? Thoughts?

No clue, but I've been waiting as well. I'm hoping with the extended cut DLC dropping next week maybe they'll throw a sale on with that? Or maybe the 4th of July? But really, no one knows. I just finished ME2, and am waiting on the dlc before heading into ME3, so a sale can't come soon enough for me.

#2064 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

I love to get 100% achievement on games I really like. I usually just play the game once to beat it and if I like it I will play it again trying to get all of the cheevos on a higher difficulty.

Also; I think a lot of people look back on Sonic Adventure and see it a the beginning of the end for the Sonic brand.

Edited by locolukah, 24 June 2012 - 07:19 PM.
Sonic Discussion:

SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#2065 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Doesnt does the platinum hits of me 2 have all the dlc?

#2066 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Doesnt does the platinum hits of me 2 have all the dlc?

The PS3 port has most of the DLC except for Arrival and the costume packs and stuff. There is no Xbox 360 version with the DLC included.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2067 killer9

killer9

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

mass effect 2 dlc has been on sale atleast twice already

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#2068 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Going from PS1, Saturn and N64 games to Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast was mind-blowing back in 1999.

Today, not so much. It's just another 3D platformer with poor controls and bad camera angles.

#2069 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

The PS3 port has most of the DLC except for Arrival and the costume packs and stuff. There is no Xbox 360 version with the DLC included.

thanks bro. Guess it was just mass effect 1 PH that included the dlc.

#2070 killer9

killer9

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

Have they announced what the next sale will include?

Edited by killer9, 25 June 2012 - 04:07 AM.

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv