Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#181 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

I didn't think the game was horrible either (based on the demo). I think the word I used was "pedestrian" to describe the gameplay, but there's lot of games on XBLA where the gameplay can be described with far worse words.

I'd gladly pay $5 for it if it ever goes on sale or I can get through a trade here.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#182 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

The arguments here that it's better than the crap on XBLA, which isn't say much in its favor. People expected a lot more from the Fable name and the game didn't live up to that, so people are obviously disappointed by a game that's average.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#183 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

Guess i'll probably skip minecraft now since it isn't like the pc version.

#184 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

It's not?

Check out my CAG Blog!

#185 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

The arguments here that it's better than the crap on XBLA, which isn't say much in its favor. People expected a lot more from the Fable name and the game didn't live up to that, so people are obviously disappointed by a game that's average.

Now you're making a separate argument. You're free to feel that way, but it's possible to put aside the Fable branding and just enjoy it as a casual multiplayer-focused beat-em-up with mild character building elements.

Huh?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#186 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

It's not?

I guess jay read eastx's comment and provided no supporting examples for his argument. That's how people roll now.

As for me, skipping the Tom Clancy repeats that are coming up. Still waiting on the 15th for some good deals

#187 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

As for me, skipping the Tom Clancy repeats that are coming up. Still waiting on the 15th for some good deals

I'm holding out hope for a couple unannounced sales next week, like we got this week with Guwange, Virtual On, and Nin2 Jump. But if we don't get any (or we do but they're crappy) then I'm gonna scoop up Guwange Tuesday at the last minute.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#188 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

I thought the demo for Fable Heros was pretty good,yes it wasn't mind blowing or new but it was still a fun simple game. I honestly think people just love to hate on the Fable franchise,same shit happened with Fable 2 and 3,which were both pretty good games as well.

#189 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

What is my argument? That the game isn't horrible. It's not (IMO). Games come in all ranges of quality, not just 'best' and 'worst.' Middle of the road titles can still be fun to play. I don't see what further elaboration is needed to make this point. Also, as per your request, next time I will not provide supporting examples, because they do not help support arguments.

amen

#190 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Now you're making a separate argument. You're free to feel that way, but it's possible to put aside the Fable branding and just enjoy it as a casual multiplayer-focused beat-em-up with mild character building elements.

Huh?

I've been reading comments on gamefaqs and a random minecraft forum and the 360 version is way smaller the the pc version,pc is an infinite world were as the 360 version is a mere island,really disappointing for me personally.Here is the gamefaqs thread,

http://www.gamefaqs....dition/62737922

#191 dealquest

dealquest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Guess i'll probably skip minecraft now since it isn't like the pc version.Posted Image

I totally agree. I wonder why they did that though? Maybe they listened to us gamers for a change :o

#192 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Japanese stuff is back to full price.

#193 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Japanese stuff is back to full price.

Just signed onto my 360(U.S. btw) and Gunwage and Virtual OT(I think I spelled those wrong) were still at half price 400 and 600.....

#194 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I've been reading comments on gamefaqs and a random minecraft forum and the 360 version is way smaller the the pc version,pc is an infinite world were as the 360 version is a mere island,really disappointing for me personally.Here is the gamefaqs thread,

http://www.gamefaqs....dition/62737922

I'm not surprised. I wonder how the worlds are handled. Are they save files on the 360? On the PC worlds can be a couple of megs or two gigs. Few are anywhere near that big, but a few friends doing a lot of exploring can easily create a 50-100 MB world after awhile. That might not work well with the way files are handled on the 360 and I imagine there's no way it would be eligible for cloud saves if that's how worlds are handled.

A fixed world size keeps things manageable. You can still get quite a bit out of a 10-20 MB world and there are games with save files in that range. I guess we'll see as more people get their hands on it.

#195 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Just signed onto my 360(U.S. btw) and Gunwage and Virtual OT(I think I spelled those wrong) were still at half price 400 and 600.....

Well, apparently at the top of the page (When you click through link) it lists full price, but when I scroll down it says the discounted price. Not sure why that is, but sorry about the false alarm.

Edit: Logged in with my account, and it changed both places. My mistake, guys.

#196 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'm not surprised. I wonder how the worlds are handled. Are they save files on the 360? On the PC worlds can be a couple of megs or two gigs. Few are anywhere near that big, but a few friends doing a lot of exploring can easily create a 50-100 MB world after awhile. That might not work well with the way files are handled on the 360 and I imagine there's no way it would be eligible for cloud saves if that's how worlds are handled.

A fixed world size keeps things manageable. You can still get quite a bit out of a 10-20 MB world and there are games with save files in that range. I guess we'll see as more people get their hands on it.

I don't think the Xbox restricts what saves you can put on the cloud, because it is happy to put the 100+ MB game save for SSX on there. And that's a big mistake unless you have super fast internet. On my DSL it's a disaster. The download speed isn't bad, but uploading 100 MB to the cloud every time you shut off the Xbox is annoying with the fan whirring forever. So I had to move my save onto a flash drive and use that old method for carting my save between our xboxes.

My kids may be disappointed in the news of a smaller world in the Xbox version. They'll probably still buy it, but they may not like it as much. On the other hand it has 4 player splitscreen.

EDIT: ah, but I see the reports of smaller world are based on an early build. Maybe the final version has a larger map. I guess we'll find out.

Crunchewy.png

#197 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

I don't think the Xbox restricts what saves you can put on the cloud, because it is happy to put the 100+ MB game save for SSX on there. And that's a big mistake unless you have super fast internet. On my DSL it's a disaster. The download speed isn't bad, but uploading 100 MB to the cloud every time you shut off the Xbox is annoying with the fan whirring forever. So I had to move my save onto a flash drive and use that old method for carting my save between our xboxes.

Wow, that's crazy. I had no idea about that. I'd be scared to store that save in the cloud. I have no idea what the restriction could be then.

#198 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

I was all ready to pick up the Mushihime DLC off of the HK marketplace until I realized that the deals are only for Gold members, which my HK account is not. Guess I'll have to get it on my US account, unless I can get a 48-hour trial or something (do those even work with DotW?).

#199 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

I was all ready to pick up the Mushihime DLC off of the HK marketplace until I realized that the deals are only for Gold members, which my HK account is not. Guess I'll have to get it on my US account, unless I can get a 48-hour trial or something (do those even work with DotW?).

48-hour trials are only good for multiplayer. You don't get access to other features like DotW.

#200 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Figured. US account it is, then. I'll just save the points on the HK account to, well, actually buy the game.

#201 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I don't think the Xbox restricts what saves you can put on the cloud, because it is happy to put the 100+ MB game save for SSX on there. And that's a big mistake unless you have super fast internet. On my DSL it's a disaster. The download speed isn't bad, but uploading 100 MB to the cloud every time you shut off the Xbox is annoying with the fan whirring forever. So I had to move my save onto a flash drive and use that old method for carting my save between our xboxes

Oh man, I moved an 11MB Bioshock 2 save file to the cloud while I was cleaning out some memory files, and I couldn't believe how long it took to upload! I can't even imagine uploading 100+MBs to the cloud!

Check out my CAG Blog!

#202 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Oh man, I moved an 11MB Bioshock 2 save file to the cloud while I was cleaning out some memory files, and I couldn't believe how long it took to upload! I can't even imagine uploading 100+MBs to the cloud!

The only game I have in the clouds is Disneyland Kinect and it does take a while to load. It never occurred to me to try to move the save to my console. I may give it a try if I can figure out how to do it easily.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#203 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Most games it isn't a problem at all and cloud saving is great. The upload only takes 30 seconds or some such amount of time. The only one I have that is a problem is SSX. I didn't realize what was going on at first because I didn't realize the save was so incredibly massive. I was pretty happy when I figured out that was why the damn Xbox was running for so long after power off. LOL.

Typically your upload speed is a lot lower than download. Thus why it takes so much longer to upload the save than to download it.

Crunchewy.png

#204 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

I was pretty happy when I figured out that was why the damn Xbox was running for so long after power off. LOL.

It freaked me out when that started happening to my box (about 2 minutes after shutdown). Now it makes sense. I think I'll stay out of the clouds for now. :lol:
Thanks for mentioning this.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#205 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Bought the mushi DLC. Now I just got to find a reasonably priced region free copy of the game or else /shudder try and buy it off one of the foreign marketplaces.

#206 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

If only my brother would've saved to the cloud. He always dismissed it. That came back to bite him in the ass when his hard drive failed and he had to completely reformat it. He lost EVERYTHING. Thousands of hours in Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. I feel terrible, to be honest. I don't know how he has the motivation to start any of those games over.

Because of that, I make sure I save my most important saves to the cloud.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#207 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Bought the mushi DLC. Now I just got to find a reasonably priced region free copy of the game or else /shudder try and buy it off one of the foreign marketplaces.

I picked it up as well with similar plans. Don't give up.

fs_overall.png

I'll down the game that gets in my way with one fingertip! ATATATATA!!

#208 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

For the curious: my 300 points from last month's Triple Play offer now show as pending on the rewards page.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#209 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

For the curious: my 300 points from last month's Triple Play offer now show as pending on the rewards page.

Yeah! Same for me! I wasn't sure if I'd qualified or not. Glad to see I did.

Crunchewy.png

#210 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Minecraft 360 doesn't sounds too good. Looks like it's based on pc beta version. :(

For all the game's possibilities, however, it also feels remarkably sparse at times, with a seemingly limited set of materials, animals, and enemies in the world. Minecraft is naturally a very slow and deliberate experience, but the Xbox 360 Edition is curiously based on a year-old PC beta version, and thus lacks many of the elements seen in the official release and later updates, including new animals, resources, food, enemy actions, and combat mechanics.

http://www.oxmonline...-edition-review