XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#241 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

Was gonna make my own thread on this, but it probably belongs here. Select Guitar Hero and DJ Hero DLC is on sale until May 21st.
http://marketplace.x...n/Special-Sales

DJ Hero – David Guetta Mix Pack 01 – 320 MS Points
DJ Hero 2 – Hit Makers Mix Pack – 320 MS Points
Guitar Hero World Tour – Country Track Pack – 220 MS Points
Guitar Hero 5 – Megadeth Track Pack – 220 MS Points
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock – Linkin Park Track Pack – 480 MS Points

#242 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Not a deal but Spec Ops The Line demo drops today. Kind of surprised since it won't release for another month.
Posted Image

#243 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Ugh, the track packs are for Guitar Hero. Seriously, people still play GH over RB?

At least anyone who purchases these, it will go towards the May Xbox Live reward of the month. But I do agree, GH deals is lame. There hasn't been a discount on RB stuff since the Bon Jovi tracks were 25% off in August.....maybe HMX going independent has anything to do with that?

I do find it hilarious that the Megadeth pack has the Band Hero cover art over on Spylon's site. When I see Band Hero I automatically think of Taylor Swift LOL

#244 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Not when it goes on sale for PC for <$10 every other week.

Of course, duh! I didn't ever realize that PC deals were also valid for Xbox 360.

#245 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Nothing for me this week, I grabbed Guwange at the last second.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#246 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

At least anyone who purchases these, it will go towards the May Xbox Live reward of the month.

Luckily, today's Rage Against The Machine track pack will take care of that for me!
Posted Image

#247 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Anyone know the time when they usually put new XBLA up? I just can't wait for Minecraft. Been counting the days :D

#248 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Anyone know the time when they usually put new XBLA up? I just can't wait for Minecraft. Been counting the days :D

It fluctuates. My bet is 3:01 am EST. ;)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#249 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

It fluctuates. My bet is 3:01 am EST. ;)

Yeah early tomorrow morning, probably between 3-6am EST

#250 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Of course, duh! I didn't ever realize that PC deals were also valid for Xbox 360.

Not sure if you were paying attention, but the point was that it's a downloadable title, and if the price for a digital copy goes as low as it does on other platforms, there's no reason for MS to keep their inflated GoD prices, as it just makes the entire GoD platform look like it's meant to scam money away from idiots, rather than provide quality games at a cheaper price than you could find at retail (which is what a download service should be). True, they don't have to do it since they have a monopoly on X360 downloadable games, but that hardly helps the GoD image.

What's sad is that it's still stupidly easy to find a retail copy of the game (which, remember, is more valuable than a digital copy) for less than what MS charges most of the time.

#251 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

It's not like he's complaining about MS not matching a Steam sale. This is the same game sold by the same freaking company for drastically different prices.

#252 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Updated OP with new sales. I'll have some free time over the next couple of days.

Suggestion/Imporivements for the thread?

>I know the Disc section needs to be looked at
>I need to add switching between $$ and MSP to the FAQ
>???

Edited by reddjoey, 08 May 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#253 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, I didn't mean to pick on you personally. My point was only that, unfortunately, we all still have to pay the "console tax" thanks to the big 3 not allowing publisher control over pricing or realistic sales on full games.

I completely agree that the GoD service is pretty useless most of the time due to the absurd pricing. It's such a shame because they've built a great library that has a lot of potential. A Steam-like sale system would be one of my favorite features if it ever arises for the next console generation. I'm never going to accept the demise of physical media for consoles when they're charging more for the digital version that has no flexibility or resale value!

On another note, does anyone else ever wish they would ever do another sale on original XBLA classic arcade ports like Super Contra or Frogger? Unfortunately, I know the Midway titles are out of the picture. It seems like such a missed opportunity on games that can't be selling incredibly well. They're already cheap so a sale would make them no-brainers to pick up. I'd love to have an incentive to run through these again. I remember very few and far between sales on Contra and a couple of Atari titles but that's it.

#254 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Wow, definitely nothing for me this week. Here's to next week!!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#255 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Update OP with new sales. I'll have some free time over the next couple of days.

Suggestion/Imporivements for the thread?

>I know the Disc section needs to be looked at
>I need to add switching between $$ and MSP to the FAQ
>???

OP looks good. Only thing I'd suggest is just to get rid of the cat/dog/crackdown 2/mass effect avatar stuff that you have mentioned. I know they're still technically "on sale", but they're really not that special of deals and just avatar props. Or maybe just put them in a tiny little section at the bottom, but I feel like they make the OP look sloppy the way they are now.

#256 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hopefully with Minecraft out tomorrow, the last game of that set, next week will have better sales.

Crunchewy.png

#257 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Maybe re 4? A guy can dream right? But in all seriousness i would love if toy soliders went on sale for 400 . Cant think of a better way to spend my rewards points on.

#258 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

I just checked xbox rewards and I have the triple play points pending, but unfortunately there aren't any deals for me this week. It was just Haunt and Nin2-Jump for me this past week. Hoping for some good deals next week.
502070.png

#259 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

For some reason I was expecting a "Superhero" themed sale after reading the title which would make sense with the Avengers out.

Wasn't expecting DJ/Guitar Hero, lol!

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#260 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

spoiler sig!

#261 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Ugh, the track packs are for Guitar Hero. Seriously, people still play GH over RB?

Yes, it's the better, more fun game in my opinion, I own all of the current gen GH games and all but Green Day Rock Band and can tell you from my perspective that GH is much more fun than Rock Band, by miles, I just like GHs gameplay, visuals and characters much more, as well as the music and charting, while Rock Band's charts may be "more accurate" GH's charts are usually much more fun. I am a solo guitar player btw.

#262 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Shoot, I was hoping DE:HR The Missing Link would be on sale again. Missed that the last time.

#263 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

For some reason I was expecting a "Superhero" themed sale after reading the title which would make sense with the Avengers out.

Wasn't expecting DJ/Guitar Hero, lol!

You give MS too much credit
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#264 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

im still kicking myself for missing out on that GOW 3 season pass on sale D=

#265 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Shoot, I was hoping DE:HR The Missing Link would be on sale again. Missed that the last time.

Same here. I finally pulled the game out of my backlog and beat it a couple days ago and got pumped when I saw "DE:HR" in the title. :(

#266 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

im still kicking myself for missing out on that GOW 3 season pass on sale D=

As am I. I pre-ordered GOW3 from Amazon. After the credit and flipping the game, I owned it for a month and made 12$. I knew I would buy the Epic edition when it dropped and did just that with the Best Buy price drop today. However, I didn't buy the season pass when it was on sale and now I am probably going to be sitting around for a while, waiting.:cry:

#267 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

As am I. I pre-ordered GOW3 from Amazon. After the credit and flipping the game, I owned it for a month and made 12$. I knew I would buy the Epic edition when it dropped and did just that with the Best Buy price drop today. However, I didn't buy the season pass when it was on sale and now I am probably going to be sitting around for a while, waiting.:cry:

Yeah I didn't think I would get GOW 3 again after I sold it but the drop on EE made me want to play and damn is this game still fun.

#268 Unmasked Bandit

Unmasked Bandit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

I noticed there are three items missing from the "DLC Disc" section. Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition, Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition, and Mafia II Platinum Hits Edition all contain DLC that is installed with a second disc.

#269 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

The only issue I have with Games on Demand is that Microsoft doesn't seem to want to be aggressive in pushing the service forward with better sales to get more people on board. Putting stuff on sale for 25-33% off isn't going to get much interest beyond those that already do get those games, but 50% off or $10 on $20-$30 games would be a great way to turn some heads and drum up some excitement for those games.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#270 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

spoiler sig!

Lol. Have any of us nerdy gamers not seen the Avengers yet?