Any Augusta, GA CAGs?

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']Hey All,

Just wondering if there are any other members on here from the Augusta, GA area.

Looking for people to be on the lookout for each other for steals/deals/trades.[/QUOTE]

/sign

There seems to be a lot of CAGs in the area though, most of the time I see a deal on here, the stores are all sold out by the time I get there.

Just moved from there a while back, but it seemed like there were either some local CAGs that would always get the deals, or el-hoardo that would find everything and buy it to resell.

I know, it's ridiculous. I've spent the last 2 weeks in Atlanta, well Duluth, and I've been buying up all kinds of stuff for cheap. When I come back home this weekend I'll have to adjust to not finding anything anymore.

Well, it's not like Augusta has all that many spots to buy from anyway. Both Targets usually suck, or the clearance gets wiped out at 30% off. Best Buy NEVER has games on clearance, nor do any of the Walmarts...

Both kmarts suck too. Well, everything in Augusta sucks.

Any particular games/systems you guys looking for so I can keep an eye out? I live on the south side so I usually don't go past the ghetto walmart unless there's something specific I need from somewhere else. But I find the occasional deal down this way.

I've found good stuff at both the Targets before...it's just few and far between.

I've got an xbox360 and girlfriend has a 3ds so anything for either of those I might take some interest in.

We had a Play N' Trade over here in North Augusta, but it closed down a few months ago....they were always overpriced and the employees seemed like they didn't care if they made any business or not.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']
We had a Play N' Trade over here in North Augusta, but it closed down a few months ago....they were always overpriced and the employees seemed like they didn't care if they made any business or not.[/QUOTE]

That's how the one in Evans was too. I'd walk in and either be the only person in there (and get no acknowledgment at all), or if I found something the price would be absurdly high. It's no wonder they went out of business...

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']I've found good stuff at both the Targets before...it's just few and far between.

I've got an xbox360 and girlfriend has a 3ds so anything for either of those I might take some interest in.

We had a Play N' Trade over here in North Augusta, but it closed down a few months ago....they were always overpriced and the employees seemed like they didn't care if they made any business or not.[/QUOTE]

I just have a ps3 now so I'll be on the lookout for any 360/3ds games for cheap.

And the Evans play'n'trade closed? I used to work out at World color and saw it a couple times but never actually went. Guess I never will now

There used to be a Rhino Games in South Augusta near the WM down that way but it was converted to a Gamestop after the buyout. Unfortunately I found out about the store around 2 months before Gamestop bought them so didn't get to enjoy it for long.

Employees there were always really nice and prices seemed fair on most items.

There's a store on Washington rd. behind hooters in the old books a million building called 2nd & Charles, they sell new/used games, books, cds, dvds, blu-ray, vinyl records, comic books, a little bit of everything.

Their game selection ranges from NES to current gen games. Most are usually around the same price as everywhere else, some are way overpriced like they haven't given it a price drop in a long time, but occasionally you can find a decent deal. Plus they sometimes have some of the rarer games since a lot of people don't know about the place to buy it all, not to mention the older nes/genesis/snes games you can find.

You can trade in games/books/movies all kinds of stuff for store credit(or cash, less than credit of course), not sure if they give you a decent amount for trade ins though.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Well, it's not like Augusta has all that many spots to buy from anyway. Both Targets usually suck, or the clearance gets wiped out at 30% off. Best Buy NEVER has games on clearance, nor do any of the Walmarts...[/QUOTE]

That is what I have noticed around here. I don't think there is a problem with hording around here, because when Blockbuster had Buy 1 Get 1 sales, I never had a problem finding stuff even a week or two after the sale has started.

Sadly all Blockbusters have closed. :(

If you guys are interested a friend of mine had just opened a store on Peach Orchard Road called Video Game Heaven.

Ironically I also knew one of the guys who owned Play N Trade from High School, but yea they didn't try to hard to show their knowledge and wanted to follow Ebay and such for pricing anything that was Pre-PS2 era.

^ There IS a Blockbuster still open in Aiken, SC.

Take Aiken-Augusta Highway all the way to the large intersection just before entering the "city of Aiken" (there is a large deserted car lot called Dick Smith on the left side of the road) at this intersection take a right and then you will be on the 'bypass'. Follow it all the way down and then straight ahead of you across the intersection will be a Blockbuster.

I haven't been in there in years though but I know it's still open.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nate Nanjo']That is what I have noticed around here. I don't think there is a problem with hording around here, because when Blockbuster had Buy 1 Get 1 sales, I never had a problem finding stuff even a week or two after the sale has started.

Sadly all Blockbusters have closed. :(

If you guys are interested a friend of mine had just opened a store on Peach Orchard Road called Video Game Heaven.

Ironically I also knew one of the guys who owned Play N Trade from High School, but yea they didn't try to hard to show their knowledge and wanted to follow Ebay and such for pricing anything that was Pre-PS2 era.[/QUOTE]

What part of Peach Orchard? I'd love to support a locally owned shop, depending on price and selection of course. And what are the hours?

Did any of you go grab SSX for 360 from Best Buy?

It's been showing in stock all week on the site but now says I'd have to order it to be in stock all of a sudden. Was planning on going by there tomorrow but now seems pointless.

[quote name='pipeman12']What part of Peach Orchard? I'd love to support a locally owned shop, depending on price and selection of course. And what are the hours?[/QUOTE]

Its right across from the Hibatchi grill over there. I live in Evans, so I'm not over there that often.

The selection is pretty slim on 360/PS3, but its pretty nice selection on the older stuff.

The prices aren't to bad and I hate to sound like gamestop, but if you have stuff your trying to get rid off he gives you pretty good credit.

His store hours: closed mondays, tuesday 10-9, wed 12-5, thurs 10-9, friday 10-9, saturday 10-9, sunday 12-5

Stopped by there today and got killer instinct and super spike v'ball for nes. Decent selection and prices considering how much you would pay on ebay or something. I told them you referred me on this site and they knew exactly who you were.

Kmart on Washington rd. is closing, they're starting clearance on Sunday. Not sure if everything will be clearanced or if they'll phase things in gradually. Probably start at something low like 10% off and slowly get better.

[quote name='pipeman12']Kmart on Washington rd. is closing, they're starting clearance on Sunday. Not sure if everything will be clearanced or if they'll phase things in gradually. Probably start at something low like 10% off and slowly get better.[/QUOTE]

Wow, things just keep getting worse in the area don't they? Granted K-mart hasn't had much in the last couple of years, but still.

I wonder how long Toys R Us can stay around.

Its almost getting to the point where there no reason to go out looking for deals any more. :(

Electronics were 10% off, everything else between 10-30% off. Nothing too special yet. Should get better in the coming weeks.

No price drops at Kmart yet, electronics are still 10% off, everything else is between 10-30% off. And they are NOT honoring sales paper prices. Anything on sale in the sale paper is probably even cheaper at the Gordon highway kmart

Also, went to Best Buy a couple hours ago and they had a couple copies for KoA for both ps3 and 360 left. The lady at the checkout said people had been coming in all day using the @gamer coupon to get it for $10. If you're interested, might want to get it soon. Then again, the coupons are good for a month and a half, probably have some more come in.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']I listed some PS3 stuff on craigslist, I'll give a discount to you CAG guys.

Don't want to ship half of these items.[/QUOTE]

Link? Or lost of games with prices? Just checked and theres a couple couple listing's from the last couple days, not sure which are yours.

Just the atelier games from what I remember from the listing. Never played them, but heard enough to be interested. Forgot what else you had listed.

sorry man, not interested in those 2, good luck getting rid of them.

Kmart on Washington rd clearance prices are finally getting decent, all games are 30% off,as well as accessories. Most of their games are $60 so the clearance doesn't really make them that cheap, but they have a section outside of the case with $20 games like 3d Dot Game Heros, Mass Effect 2, and other older games. PS3, 360, Wii, DS, PSP games and accessories, plus a couple Vita accessories.

Pretty sure all games are 30 % off, didn't see any signs specifically stating the clearance games were excluded. Everything was pretty disorganized though, I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed that up somehow. I'd guess about half the store was gone yesterday morning, doubt most of the good stuff will last until the sale reaches 50%

Yea, I've been there when it was 30%, but hell I keep thinking its probably close to the same price on Amazon and I get free shipping + no tax.

Finally bothered to drop in to Kmart today.

They've take up a lot of the shelving so the store looks really dirty. Merchandise was marked anywhere from 20% to I think 70% off.

All PC games 30% off. Video games/dvds were 40% off.

I didn't buy anything.

Also, I went to the Walmart in Evans and on my way noticed there was a Play N' Trade located on the left hand side of Washington Road if you're coming from Bobby Jones. It's not up in front of Target like it used to be. It's in one of the little shopping center strip mall things before you would pass the Club Car factory on the right hand side.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']
Also, I went to the Walmart in Evans and on my way noticed there was a Play N' Trade located on the left hand side of Washington Road if you're coming from Bobby Jones. It's not up in front of Target like it used to be. It's in one of the little shopping center strip mall things before you would pass the Club Car factory on the right hand side.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother its actually closed. The owners never paid rent.

^Oh really? For some reason something sleazy like that doesn't surprise me.

The one that was here in North Augusta never had customers, the employees sat around drinking sodas and playing the games on the back tv sitting in bean bag chairs and didn't even acknowledge if someone walked into the store.

The ONLY day that store had any significant number of customers was during a Kicks 99 Guitar Pull ticket giveaway stop. And you know those individuals were there to get tickets not buy overpriced used games.

bread's done
Back