Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Vengeance DLC Coming July 2

MrPiggles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
On the bright side, this probably means we'll get Battlefield 2143 next year now.

That horses part reminded me of Uncharted 3.

Not really digging the future war setting. I would prefer something like WAW mixed with Blops. But im still keeping an eye on this.

Just keep the game fun, dives, flame throwers, tomahawks. Yeah... :) oh and remove last stand/second chance perk.

[quote name='bardockkun']at-at walkers in call of duty. Finally.[/quote]

lol.

So is this how its going to be over the next few years:
2012. New MOH and BO
2013. New BF and MW
And so on and so on with EA owing BF and MOH and COD heading up BO and MW.....

I like the MP gameplay and graphics in MW better than WAW/BLOPS, but other than that it seems Infinity Ward doesn't put out anything except the minimal effort.

Look at everything that Treyarch does with their releases. While using celebrities in commercials is becoming the norm, Treyarch purchased the rights to some big name music to include with the game and also had some voiceovers in the zombies DLC. Add in some of the dynamic game modes like sticks and stones, the gun game and one in the chamber for good measure.

The only interesting addition for MW3 is survival mode. Just adding maps isn't enough to keep the game fresh. This is coming from someone that used to swear by IW.

Also, COD Elite is a flop in my opinion.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I like the MP gameplay and graphics in MW better than WAW/BLOPS, but other than that it seems Infinity Ward doesn't put out anything except the minimal effort.

Look at everything that Treyarch does with their releases. While using celebrities in commercials is becoming the norm, Treyarch purchased the rights to some big name music to include with the game and also had some voiceovers in the zombies DLC. Add in some of the dynamic game modes like sticks and stones, the gun game and one in the chamber for good measure.

The only interesting addition for MW3 is survival mode. Just adding maps isn't enough to keep the game fresh. This is coming from someone that used to swear by IW.

Also, COD Elite is a flop in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I feel that Infinity Ward used to do most of the innovating in their games, and Treyarch just following behind and polishing. CoD 4 and MW2 were much more innovational than WaW or Blops. Now than Infinity Ward is a shell of what it formerly was, I doubt that's still the case now though.

[quote name='Spyder187']Those are FUTURE horses sir....[/QUOTE]

No they're not. Parts of the game take place in 1980's Afghanistan. That's when you ride the horses. Check the GB article, GB BLOPS 2 podcast, or Jeff Gertsmann's Twitter.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']After weak ass Black Ops, hopefully this will be worthy of a first day purchase.[/QUOTE]

I still say BLOPS had the best CoD MP outside of CoD 4, and it's still the only one that hasn't been hacked. The SP campaign was weaker than the MW campaigns, but hopefully Treyarch has fixed that.

Mine goes:
MW2
COD4
MW3
BO
WAW--I think this was the only COD that I couldn't stomach enough to even prestige in.

And I rate mine by mp since I spend a lot more time playing it rather than sp.

Seeing the horses and thinking future (I know it's not too far in the future) all I could think of is now I want a Firefly game, make it like Mass Effect where they have an entire universe to fly around in and do jobs to make money, upgrade the ship, etc...lol.

Really.....future......I have all but given up on Call of Duty. Sad to think of all the people that will go out and buy this too.

GameStop is giving out posters now with preorders also you receive a prestige token for MW3 and all future freebie tiers. Gonna try to get a couple on the way to work tonight. eBay idiots line up to me they do it every year. :D

As for the game, the future stuff is retarded... If they put vehicles in i'll be pissed.. I'll buy it but be pissed...

[quote name='dodgeme']Really.....future......I have all but given up on Call of Duty. Sad to think of all the people that will go out and buy this too.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the future setting? People berate Call of Duty to having the same old "warfare" setting? A future setting finally lets Call of Duty bring some more interesting weapon, gameplay mechanics, killstreaks etc that its previous settings limited. Would you rather want yet another Modern warfare or vietnam era game?

And I highly doubt there are gonna be vehicles, considering how everyone hated them in WaW and CoD3, the one's shown in the trailer are just gonna be part of the single-player. Maybe a vehicle killstreak like Black Ops.

[quote name='MrPiggles']What's wrong with the future setting? People berate Call of Duty to having the same old "warfare" setting? A future setting finally lets Call of Duty bring some more interesting weapon, gameplay mechanics, killstreaks etc that its previous settings limited. Would you rather want yet another Modern warfare or vietnam era game?[/QUOTE]

the problem is its call of duty. no matter what they do, haters gunna hate :booty:.

BLOPS is my favorite CoD game, but all I play is wager match (specifically Sticks and Stones) and zombies. Any word if BLOPS 2 will have either? I seriously love just going around in Sticks and Stones and mowing people down with the tomahawk.

[quote name='CtrlAltDft']BLOPS is my favorite CoD game, but all I play is wager match (specifically Sticks and Stones) and zombies. Any word if BLOPS 2 will have either? I seriously love just going around in Sticks and Stones and mowing people down with the tomahawk.[/QUOTE]

Zombies confirmed, other multiplayer aspects set to be revealed later on. I'm excited for zombies. :)

[quote name='Spyder187']Those are FUTURE horses sir....[/QUOTE]

If there can be horses in tv show Firefly based in the future, they can have horses anywhere/anytime.

Ok, I'm being serious (not an ass) when I ask this, what is with the appeal of the zombies with COD? I have played half a dozen times with friends and it was ok but from reading on diff boards, people love the zombie portion. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing Left for Dead but playing zombies on COD almost seems boring compared to L4D since they are running after you. I know everyone doesn't like the same thing but to the fans, why do love zombie mode?

I...agree...completely. I don't hate it but some people think that is the best part of the game whereas I rate the multiplayer and campaign far above it (in that order).

I only got into zombies when i played with friends. If i play with randoms i would often get a bunch who drop out, and if they were host it would end the match, which sucks if you are on a high level. I do think its fun if you have a good team who works together and dont hog the mystery box. Id probably rate it as my 2nd favorite part of a COD game behind MP. Campaign i usually only go through once.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I...agree...completely. I don't hate it but some people think that is the best part of the game whereas I rate the multiplayer and campaign far above it (in that order).[/QUOTE]

It's the ONLY reason I buy the game. Never touch MP, and typically ignore the campaign as well.

As for the appeal? The team aspect. If all 4 players aren't coordinating you'll fail every time. In standard MP games you can have a lone wolf or two and still survive/win(i.e. not work together), not here. The second part of the draw is the "leaderboard" aspect. Not necessarily climbing the actual leaderboard but seeing how far we as a group can make it. Playing with friends is a MUST.

[quote name='Corvin']It's the ONLY reason I buy the game. Never touch MP, and typically ignore the campaign as well.

As for the appeal? The team aspect. If all 4 players aren't coordinating you'll fail every time. In standard MP games you can have a lone wolf or two and still survive/win(i.e. not work together), not here. The second part of the draw is the "leaderboard" aspect. Not necessarily climbing the actual leaderboard but seeing how far we as a group can make it. Playing with friends is a MUST.[/QUOTE]

I think that is probably the issue for people who aren't big into Zombies. Either they have friends who are mediocre overall or they always play with randoms, which is no fun at all in Zombies.

I don't like the looks of being able to fly and have heavy armor in multi. I assume they will give in to the uncordinated again and have aim assist? I never played cod4 but everyone talking about how great the multi was sounds like a retard since apparently you couldn't even take aim assist off in that game. Thats exactly what i want, someone holding my hand in a war game, I especially want someone holding my hand in multi. pukes

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Ok, I'm being serious (not an ass) when I ask this, what is with the appeal of the zombies with COD? I have played half a dozen times with friends and it was ok but from reading on diff boards, people love the zombie portion. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing Left for Dead but playing zombies on COD almost seems boring compared to L4D since they are running after you. I know everyone doesn't like the same thing but to the fans, why do love zombie mode?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If you want zombies, buy Resident Evil.

Any word on best deals on pre-order for this? What I have found so far:

Wal-Mart--By pre-ordering this game, you get access to the Nuketown 2025 Multiplayer Map at launch. Even better, you receive a Wal-Mart Exclusive Bonus VUDU Movie Credits as well as other exclusive for the game found only on VUDU!!

Amazon--Free Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map plus Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II and get the Nuketown 2025 bonus map for free plus access to the Amazon exclusive Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wallpaper. The Nuketown 2025 content will be available in the product packaging. We will send you the URL to access the wallpaper within two days of placing your order. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Gamestop--
Bonus!

More details
Pre-order Call of Duty: Black OPs II today and get locked in for all future bonus offers.

Second Wave bonus - Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map: Relive the close quarters chaos of this classic fan-favorite map, reimagined in a visionary depiction of the "Model Home of the Future."

Best Buy--

blank.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags with Call of Duty: Black Ops II

When you add Call of Duty: Black Ops II to your cart, the dog tags will be added automatically.

bread's done
Back