Lightening Drops - Price Alerts for Us Canadians

Wolfkin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
If I could sum up the major thing I miss about living in the US, I would say it's the relevance. There are all kinda of cool things happening in the tech world that are functionally only in the US. In this case the CAG Price Alerts it was cool when I lived in the US but up here getting alerts means pretty much nothing when the sales are rarely multinational.

Enter Lightning Drops

There's not a lot to explain it's pretty much all there in the above paragraph. Just click here to sign up if you don't mind my referral. I would love to find a place to put price alerts again. Is there another site everyone is using or is this a potentially awesome find

Example:
Catherine is now $30 at Amazon.ca lowest price it's been yet.
34ranon.jpg

http://ca.lightningdrops.com/product/B004P7VGF2

Quick Impressions:
Could use some work obviously. It would be nice to know what retailer has that price listed before you click but still it could work. There's a lot of noise. My search for inFamous 2 didn't find the game. As you can see here it found all the bundles and special editions, even inFamous 1, Catherine, Batman AC, the guidebook, the soundtrack, and not the game. You really do need to search by ASIN in order to guarantee you find the games. The site is a touch noisy if you just want video games. It also accommodates movies, music and all the rest.

Even in the video game section just scanning what appears to be a "recently updated" list has an alarming large amount of accessories. Since it's cross platform that means LOTs of 3/DS/i/L and Wii (Fit) all in [insert number here] sets and charging cables and such cluttering up the list.

Also I might have to dig a bit to verify the accuracy. Most glaringly right now is Def Jam Rapstar
They list it for $49.99
Which any one of us knows is insane. That game dropped to $30 and $20 ages ago. It was selling for $9 for months. I hear it's down to $4/$2 currently. Heck even the website selected (Amazon.ca) shows the price at $15

GH:VH a game I would possibly consider at

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks will check it out. Nice to see something that has more than games (like PC monitors).
Also nice to get to the info right away without digging through forums all over the the internet.

That catherine picture on amazon shows the Art Book but mentions nothing of it in the descprption or title. Does it actually come with the art book?

I don't know
Just for fun I put in Mass Effect 3, and it says it's lowest price is $57.xx
I got it at Walmart for $30 a few weeks back

has anyone found a way to alert them that a price is wrong? it could still be useful if they actually fix the prices

Please alert me when PS3 Catherine drops to $20. I'm rather surprised that I can wait out an Atlus game like this. I have an aversion to block puzzles, but the story sounds intriguing.

Seems like it only tracks Amazon.ca?

Dead Rising 2: OTR is currently $19.99 at EB Games AND on the PS Store.

It's a neat idea, but clearly still raw. Might aswell just go out of the way to check out the online inventory of your closest retailers - that doesn't take long either.

[quote name='Mr.']Please alert me when PS3 Catherine drops to $20. I'm rather surprised that I can wait out an Atlus game like this. I have an aversion to block puzzles, but the story sounds intriguing.[/QUOTE]
lol. that's one of 5 alerts I have on there myself. I have little interest in the block puzzle but the hype over the story has me interested.
[quote name='VetraX']It's a neat idea, but clearly still raw. Might aswell just go out of the way to check out the online inventory of your closest retailers - that doesn't take long either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah what I really want is the CAG price tracker in Canada. If they were to say drop the other departments, include even BB/WM/FS, and/or Wikify the posts it could be something special. seems like it's too ambitious right now.

tbh, the gameplay is the best part of catherine. The story is alright, but isn't what makes it exceptional.
Also this game was already worth it at $40 so $30 is just bonus.
Probably one fo my favourite games this generation.

bread's done
Back