Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

Metroid other M is the DOTD $7.99

This is what i stayed up for :cry:

#273 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

Not a bad price for anyone who missed it for $4.99 on Black Friday, I still have the copy I bought then unopened in my backlog

#274 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

dotd is up and witcher 2 same price...goodnight cag

#275 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Ugh Other M, completely ruined Samus's character <_<.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#276 htz

htz

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

Site is usually fully updated by now, so I guess BB did pull a dumb move on putting witcher 2 for the midnight sale at the same price as the weekly AD.

#277 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

Not a bad price for anyone who missed it for $4.99 on Black Friday, I still have the copy I bought then unopened in my backlog

+1

Count me in the same boat as well.

#278 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

So how bad is Other M?

#279 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

So how bad is Other M?

It's not that bad. For $8 you could do a lot worse.

People just like to hate on it cause the cut scenes were really hokey. But you know, cut scenes aren't the whole game. I thought the camera was fine and the gameplay and wii control was good.

Games usually aren't as bad as everyone says they are.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#280 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

I'd jump in on Metroid but seeing as it's $10 at GameStop NEW, I'll pass and wait for an even cheaper price.

#281 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

Ugh Other M, completely ruined Samus's character <_<.

Yeah. Don't forgot about the shitty gameplay, either.

So how bad is Other M?

Obscenely bad for a Metroid game. Probably a less-than-mediocre action title, otherwise.

#282 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hayashi FTL! Every single game he has been in charge of are from bleh to just average. This one is just average and $8 is a ok price. I think of this game as a Mtroid side story. Didn't expect much going in, didn't get much out of it. Same goes with Ninja Gaiden 3.

#283 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

So how bad is Other M?

It's an abomination. When I read early reviews, I thought that the complaints about the story were mostly hyperbole, but the characters and plot really do suck. But even if you don't care about that stuff, the combat and exploration are the worst in the entire Metroid series. I wasn't even that offended by how Samus was portrayed -- it was Adam that made me cringe. Too many bland corridors (much worse than FF13 which people can't seem to stop ranting about), and movement and aiming just don't feel precise. I rented it and forced myself to play it until the end, but knowing what I do now, I wouldn't even pick up the game for $5 new unless you're out of games and can't find any you'd like to play.

#284 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Maybe I am in the minority, but I enjoyed Metroid Other M. The gameplay, to me, was great. It definitely felt like Metroid. After you would get a new power, you would then revisit areas, and explore nooks and crannies. The story on the otherhand is not so great. While it isn't as bad as a Ninja Gaiden story... it definitely makes Samus look like a much weaker character than in past games.

It is easily worth the price though. I paid $50 for it at launch, and have no regrets.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#285 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

I got it last time they had it at $7.99. :/ wish I got it when it was $4.99

#286 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

(much worse than FF13 which people can't seem to stop ranting about)

I was going to get it until I read this. Thanks, you saved me $8. I'm 1 of those people ranting about FF13. FF13-2 is only the 2nd FF game I haven't played, and FF11 was b/c I don't play MMOs. I've had enough corridors to last me a lifetime. At least Xenogears had the common courtesy to have 1 of the characters - after literally 5 hours of hallway dungeon crawling - say, "Man, these hallways go on forever." At the time the funniest thing I'ld ever read in a video game.

#287 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

hahaha the game is WAY more fun then the abomination that is FF13.

The game isn't bad at all, just the story but overall very fun game.

#288 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thought about picking this up, but reviews look pretty bad.

#289 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

So how bad is Other M?

It's a masterpiece compared to ninja Gaiden 3, that's for sure

#290 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

you gotta take your reviews with a grain of salt, both from professional reviewers and random people on the internet. Ask someone you actually trust.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#291 GamesAreCool

GamesAreCool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I bought the game last summer when it was $20 and it was awesome. The only problem I had is when they had you in first person mode, and you had to find something before it would let you move. Other than that the game was very fun to play. The story, combat, environments, and atmosphere were all awesome.

#292 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

That midnight sale was a fail

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#293 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

bit on Metroid Other M as Metroid fan I owe to myself to atleast try the game out and hey its only $8 so it won't be huge loss if I don't end up liking it

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#294 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I liked it...It could have used a cooking/cleaning minigame though.

#295 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

I enjoyed Other M. The combat is a little dumbed-down and some of the cut-scenes are loooooong, but it's a fun game to explore.

#296 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Kicking myself for not picking up Madden '12 yesterday.

My backlog is obscenely large since I've been so busy with school lately. I just graduated last Friday and I'm taking my registry exam tomorrow so I outta be studing atm instead of on here but alas.

And I've really got to start checking this site when I go out of town. I would've bought up those happy nappers for my girlfriend's nephews for $3.21 a pop.

#297 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

The funny thing to me is that they almost try to screw over Gamer Club members. They give you crappy coupons for these games in the hopes someone buys them. When that doesn't work then they sell them cheaper to everyone else.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#298 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Metroid Other M is ok. What really hurt it as others have mentioned is the story, dialogue, cutscenes and the STUPID reason why Samus can't use all her weapons at first.

The gameplay is ok. It didn't play like 2d metroids to me at all, didn't really feel the atmosphere was the same either.

#299 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'd jump in on Metroid but seeing as it's $10 at GameStop NEW, I'll pass and wait for an even cheaper price.

Isn't $8 LESS than $10? This is a new game, not used...

#300 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

The funny thing to me is that they almost try to screw over Gamer Club members. They give you crappy coupons for these games in the hopes someone buys them. When that doesn't work then they sell them cheaper to everyone else.

that's called business.

Metroid Other M is ok. What really hurt it as others have mentioned is the story, dialogue, cutscenes and the STUPID reason why Samus can't use all her weapons at first.

The gameplay is ok. It didn't play like 2d metroids to me at all, didn't really feel the atmosphere was the same either.

hahaha I forgot about that. That was insanely dumb. But it ends up the same as every other metroid game, that you have to progress to use your powers.

Ees7Y.jpg