Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#301 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

In for one. Thanks OP. Hope Bestbuy keeps up with these deals.
----
Posted Image

#302 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

In for one.... hope it goes through with shipping..

#303 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

It's a masterpiece compared to ninja Gaiden 3, that's for sure

:lol:

From day 1 to day 8, it's the exact same fighting strategy with the same combos. Master Ninja mode does not equals smarter enemies attacking harder. You are fighting 1 hit grab kills, and frame rate input lag that gets you 1 hit grab kills.

At least in Other M, you get "authorized" to do other things.

#304 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

that's called business.

hahaha I forgot about that. That was insanely dumb. But it ends up the same as every other metroid game, that you have to progress to use your powers.

That's called bad business. You shouldn't give paying members of something worse deals that the general public. People won't have an incentive to join the club. Simple as that. This is an aberration as GC usually has far better deals, but it's still not good business.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#305 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

:roll:

It's not like they sit around going "ohhh here's what we'll do. We'll offer it to the GCU people ... but here's the best part... we can then royally screw them by offering it to the general public at LESS. Wooo hoooo! We'll show those dumb bastards to join our club!"

You try to sell something at a certain price with coupon. It doesn't work. You lower the price. You know what happens when it still doesn't sell? You lower it some more.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#306 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

That's called bad business. You shouldn't give paying members of something worse deals that the general public. People won't have an incentive to join the club. Simple as that. This is an aberration as GC usually has far better deals, but it's still not good business.

I agree.

I've only become active on this site in the past month but I've been getting the @G magazine since like the 3rd issue and have yet to use a single coupon from the magazine. This is from lack on interest in sale items to not paying close enough attention to sales to make me purchase anything.

With the DotD sales going now on stuff I actually want to buy I'm more inclined to do that and even pay attention to the magazine.

I got the magazine intially saying if I used one coupon out of it and saved $10 on something my purchase price was jusitifed as I would 'break even'. BB even gave me an extra year of the magazine for free. Still haven't used anything out of it.

After having the magazine for nearly 2 years and never using a coupon I'm not very likely to reup my subscription when time comes to front up money for it again. I don't even particularly enjoy the articles as they aren't as detailed or are already behind Game Informer (which I've had for close to 10 years now I think). I rarely buy anything from Gamestop to use the 10% discount but I enjoy the magazine so I continously renew my subscription for it.

BB needs to decide which part of the fence they want to be on. You can't give those who don't pay extra better deals than those who do.

#307 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

I agree.

I've only become active on this site in the past month but I've been getting the @G magazine since like the 3rd issue and have yet to use a single coupon from the magazine. This is from lack on interest in sale items to not paying close enough attention to sales to make me purchase anything.

:shock:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#308 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

hahaha the game is WAY more fun then the abomination that is FF13.

The game isn't bad at all, just the story but overall very fun game.

I thought 13's battle system, story, and music were much better than Other M's, and its world was much more enjoyable to look at (I know, it's not exactly a fair comparison with Other M being on Wii, but it looks like garbage compared to the Prime series).

#309 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

(much worse than FF13 which people can't seem to stop ranting about)

I was going to get it until I read this. Thanks, you saved me $8. I'm 1 of those people ranting about FF13. FF13-2 is only the 2nd FF game I haven't played, and FF11 was b/c I don't play MMOs. I've had enough corridors to last me a lifetime. At least Xenogears had the common courtesy to have 1 of the characters - after literally 5 hours of hallway dungeon crawling - say, "Man, these hallways go on forever." At the time the funniest thing I'ld ever read in a video game.

That Xenogears dungeon on Solaris was pretty damn long. Thank God they included a compass to help navigate that thing. I found the final dungeon much more annoying, though, but I still love that game.

#310 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

:roll:

It's not like they sit around going "ohhh here's what we'll do. We'll offer it to the GCU people ... but here's the best part... we can then royally screw them by offering it to the general public at LESS. Wooo hoooo! We'll show those dumb bastards to join our club!"

You try to sell something at a certain price with coupon. It doesn't work. You lower the price. You know what happens when it still doesn't sell? You lower it some more.

It's a simple fix. Offer the higher price as the deal of the day, offer the better price for GCU members.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#311 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

It's a simple fix. Offer the higher price as the deal of the day, offer the better price for GCU members.

There is a difference between the @gamer coupon deals and the deal of the day deals. One is only 24 hours and the other last a whole month, for you to get in on the deal. Besides the deal of the day can be discontinued at any moment.

#312 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

There is a difference between the @gamer coupon deals and the deal of the day deals. One is only 24 hours and the other last a whole month, for you to get in on the deal. Besides the deal of the day can be discontinued at any moment.

Good point. Still, I just felt the disparity between this particular deal ($30 bucks for GCU) and the deal of the day was pretty big.

#313 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

You fail to understand that time is important.

It's not like they offered both at the same time to Fuck with GCU people.

Anyway, I guess complainers gonna complain so who cares.

Ees7Y.jpg

#314 Bullitt24

Bullitt24

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

$7.99 is still to much for metroid. Take the 7 off and maybe i would buy it.

#315 triforce9

triforce9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

It doesn't matter how cheap Other M is, it's simply not worth anyone's time. I'm a huge Metroid fan, but this game was just unbearable. Even the gameplay was by far the weakest of the entire franchise. Save your money, and more importantly, your time.
Posted Image

#316 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

Bunch of haters saying that this game is bad. It's a good game and the hate for it is wrong. I picked up a copy and it is totally worth it. And as for all the whiners about the gamers magazine saying that the people who have the magazine deserve a cheaper price than those who don't pay? Wrong. Are you serious?

What's worse, the haters on the game, or the whiners about the price? They both are.

Posted Image

So basically...other people arent entitled to their opinions, but you are?

Either way, its not like the hate is coming from the minority. It was just a horrible horrible Metroid game, the gameplay wasnt bad, but it was a complete disservice to Samus and Metroid in general. Also, i personally hated the controls, having to flip the Wii Mote to go into FPV got pretty annoying fast

Its like Ninja Gaiden 3, it wasnt a "Bad" action game, but its a horrible Ninja Gaiden game.

EDIT: And as stated below, your sig is contradicting the living hell out of yourself bro
Posted ImagePosted Image

#317 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Well your sig and comment go hand in hand. You'll go over well here at CAG.

#318 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

This doesn't have anything to do with today's deal of the day but my standard PS3 copy of Madden 12, which was backordered, shipped today.
----
Posted Image

#319 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

There's a monthly thread created by CAG user Enuf that details any potential deals that you could use the @Gamer coupons with. All you have to do most times is pay attention to that one thread and you should be good. Thus far though, you've missed out a bunch of decent sale prices that stacked with coupons. They include the $5 copies of Mass Effect 2, Rage and Bulletstorm and $10 copies of Batman: Arkham City.

Not to mention that with the @Gamer magazine you also get the 10% discount on pre-owned games and that has at times stacked with a one week sale price on used games to make them super cheap, either with or without using the magazine coupons in conjunction with the 10% discount.

With the DotD sales going now on stuff I actually want to buy I'm more inclined to do that and even pay attention to the magazine.

I take it you also didn't get in on any of those DOTD game deals back in the fall when it seemed like BB was fire saling their entire warehouse online? Those were some insane prices.

After having the magazine for nearly 2 years and never using a coupon I'm not very likely to reup my subscription when time comes to front up money for it again. I don't even particularly enjoy the articles as they aren't as detailed or are already behind Game Informer (which I've had for close to 10 years now I think). I rarely buy anything from Gamestop to use the 10% discount but I enjoy the magazine so I continously renew my subscription for it.

While I honestly feel as if both magazines(GI and @Gamer) are nothing more than glorified shills for many of the games they do articles on, at least with the @Gamer magazine you have the added benefit of the coupons WITHOUT having to buy hundreds of dollars worth of shit at GS to be able to buy one of their Power Up Rewards coupons for exorbitant amounts of points.;)

BB needs to decide which part of the fence they want to be on. You can't give those who don't pay extra better deals than those who do.

While I too would love to see them constantly doing these insane deals where you're getting games for $2 or less after coupons and discounts, a company can't survive for very long if they keep giving away the farm. I got in on some insane one day deals that also stacked with the @Gamer coupons($5 official wired USB headset from Rocketfish, free wireless Bluetooth Rocketfish headset, the aforementioned $5-10 games, $2 or less pre-owned titles and the list goes on.

But the thing is you have to want to pay attention to sales in conjunction with the @Gamer coupons and/or your 10% pre-owned discount. If you pay attention to the boards, then chances are you'll see when a temporary sale is posted on something in the magazine that has a coupon for it and be able to get in on it. But you also need to spend the time to follow the sales.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#320 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

Got this back when it was $5 awhile back also from BB.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#321 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

I'm not whining. Since it's typed out and so I'm not saying it, it might sound like that, but it's not, and this topic, and site, is for information about cheap games, not a place to whine about prices or share the hate of a game that you didn't like.

Also, that wasn't my sig. I don't have a sig. I just posted that because it seemed fitting.

So you're one of the 'post just the deals' people? This is a community of gamers and deal hunters and as such many of us wanna know how good or bad a game is BEFORE we spend our money/credit on it. I, for one, like when people post these lil mini reviews(albeit not the ones that are just 'omg this game suuuuuuuucks' without giving any real reasons and by real reasons I mean not those affiliated with graphics) in a game deal thread, since it gives me an idea how good/bad a title is.

It only takes what....3 seconds to skim a post and see if something is relevant to the deal thread at hand, right? Yet people act like it's such a huge imposition to have to read anything THEY view as 'off topic'.

As for that sig, I know who it's from.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#322 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

all i know is someone who just joined cag this year -lookin at u mr jan 2012 join date- has no business telling someone whos been here since 2005 what cag is for (even if most people here don't agree with him) and what its content should be. if ur only interest is in money saved/deals and don't wanna hear what others have to say, mosey on over to slick deals.
here we talk about deals, games, experiences, life, etc;
regardless of whether or not we agree with each other.
thats what makes it so great.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#323 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

all i know is someone who just joined cag this year -lookin at u mr jan 2012 join date- has no business telling someone whos been here since 2005 what cag is for (even if most people here don't agree with him) and what its content should be. if ur only interest is in money saved/deals and don't wanna hear what others have to say, mosey on over to slick deals.

+ 1

also, whether a game is good or not is germane to the deal.

Ees7Y.jpg

#324 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

And what sets us apart from SD. I've been a member of CAG since 2009 and was visiting the site since 2008, but unfortunate circumstances caused me to have to get a new username. I like the little rants. I recognize some of the members here, and most of them are good people who like to help others with deals and talk about gaming. Don't come in here tromping like you own the place when you're still a newbie.

#325 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

Posted Image

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#326 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

See what Metroid: Other M has done to us?!!

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#327 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

See what Metroid: Other M has done to us?!!

Pray that todays deal is better, otherwise CAG may riot
Posted ImagePosted Image

#328 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

Pray that todays deal is better, otherwise CAG may riot

I got dibs on the losers' collections.

#329 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

After skimming this crap, I think its best to burn all copies of this game and never speak of it again. Ever.

#330 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

It doesn't really matter how long I've been here. I've lurked here for quite a while before I logged in. And it doesn't take too long to understand how things work around here. Sure, if a game is bad, you should say so. But include details. There's just a lot of indiscriminate hate on this game without details that some people might just say that because everyone else is saying it.

Or the majority of us played a Metroid game or two in our lives. Samus didn't have emo daddy issues in the others, and she didn't have combat this side of Ninja Gaiden Sigma (the combat in this game is better than NG3), and Hayashi didn't develop any of the other good games.

It's not a terrible game, but there's a reason a lot of people don't like it.