Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#331 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'd jump in on Metroid but seeing as it's $10 at GameStop NEW, I'll pass and wait for an even cheaper price.

Isn't $8 LESS than $10? This is a new game, not used...

Cheap Ass Gamer - You're doing it wrong.

#332 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

After skimming this crap, I think its best to burn all copies of this game and never speak of it again. Ever.

Way ahead of you.

uh....Dotd page updated but no videogame on it.
Oh well.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#333 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

...And to go back on topic, looks like there will be no video game in the DoTD. They've got a desktop, antivirus software, and some blu-rays.

#334 htz

htz

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Video games DOTDs appear to be only twice a week. It has been like that every week now.

#335 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

So you're one of the 'post just the deals' people? This is a community of gamers and deal hunters and as such many of us wanna know how good or bad a game is BEFORE we spend our money/credit on it. I, for one, like when people post these lil mini reviews(albeit not the ones that are just 'omg this game suuuuuuuucks' without giving any real reasons and by real reasons I mean not those affiliated with graphics) in a game deal thread, since it gives me an idea how good/bad a title is.

It only takes what....3 seconds to skim a post and see if something is relevant to the deal thread at hand, right? Yet people act like it's such a huge imposition to have to read anything THEY view as 'off topic'.

As for that sig, I know who it's from.

I agree with you on that statement. I skim a lot of these threads because I like to give an insightful opinion on the games. Sometimes I'll even post in a thread where I know I'm not going to purchase the game, but I want to know other's comments on the game etc. It's good to skim quite often because being a true CAG is knowing how low a game has been so you can compare it to a current sale or whatnot.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#336 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

Thanks OP, in for Blu-Ray of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, love the movie and always wanted the special edition for Blu-Ray so for $30 all over it....thanks again:D

#337 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

After skimming this crap, I think its best to burn all copies of this game and never speak of it again. Ever.

Come now, it's not that bad if you just mute it and avert your eyes during every cut-scene...

But this free indie game Metroid Confrontation is better, IMO...
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#338 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

I agree with you on that statement. I skim a lot of these threads because I like to give an insightful opinion on the games. Sometimes I'll even post in a thread where I know I'm not going to purchase the game, but I want to know other's comments on the game etc. It's good to skim quite often because being a true CAG is knowing how low a game has been so you can compare it to a current sale or whatnot.

if you buy a terrible game then you're not being cheap-ass.
I give opinions too. Half of saving money is knowing what NOT to buy (no matter the cost).

#339 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Agreed. I hate when people say 'no time machine, can't replicate deal'. No you can't but at least you know the lowest it's been.

I totally got my $5 worth from other M. So to each their own is the moral of the story

#340 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Agreed. I hate when people say 'no time machine, can't replicate deal'. No you can't but at least you know the lowest it's been.

I totally got my $5 worth from other M. So to each their own is the moral of the story

There's a difference between "It's been lower so you might get that price" and "I got Halo Reach LE for $8." for bragging purposes.

Come on, what are the chances of it being $8 again? It was one of those great string of DOTDs from Best Buy during the holidays. Nobody gives a Fuck that you got Halo Reach LE for $8 because the chances are practically nil that it could happen again.

It happens a lot with certain posters. Someone will say "Infamous Hero edition for $30!" which is a hell of a deal in anyone's book. But then someone will say "got it for $20."

Uhhh, good job. Is there a time machine? :roll:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#341 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm keeping my Time Machine for myself. Get your own.

#342 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Man, it might just be me; but BB has been having some crazy good sales and DOTD deals lately. Maybe it's in response to their apparently lagging profits after hearing about the store closings and corporate layoffs a few months ago, idk. :-?

But regardless, I've been racking up on some games that I had kinda wanted to get; but just wasn't willing to pay much for. :razz: I got Bulletstorm and Mass Effect 2 for PS3 back when they had the $15 off coupons in the March @Gamer, got the Skylanders Megapack with the $50 off coupon (yeah I know, kiddy game but whatever, it's fun :)), Fallout 3: GotY for $12 from the outlet (had been wanting the dlc but it's still $50 combined to download...wtf Bethseda :twoguns:), S&P: Star Successor for $5 and going to pick up Back to the Future today with the 50% off coupon.

Who knows when I'll get around to playing all this crap; but oh well, it was cheap. :D

Edited by JanusDS, 17 May 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#343 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Speaking of time machines, PS3 version of back to the future is $10 till the 25th.

#344 Caoz

Caoz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Speaking of time machines, PS3 version of back to the future is $10 till the 25th.

How? I see it for 19.99...

#345 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

You need to be a gamers club member and use your reward number at checkout or log into reward zone and look under offers to pull up the coupon.

#346 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

its 50% off in store only when they scan your rz account card.= $10.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#347 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm keeping my Time Machine for myself. Get your own.

I stole it last week. Just wait until tomorrow and you'll see.

#348 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

There's a difference between "It's been lower so you might get that price" and "I got Halo Reach LE for $8." for bragging purposes.

Come on, what are the chances of it being $8 again? It was one of those great string of DOTDs from Best Buy during the holidays. Nobody gives a Fuck that you got Halo Reach LE for $8 because the chances are practically nil that it could happen again.

It happens a lot with certain posters. Someone will say "Infamous Hero edition for $30!" which is a hell of a deal in anyone's book. But then someone will say "got it for $20."

Uhhh, good job. Is there a time machine? :roll:

stop speaking nonsense. time machines have been out of stock since 2009 and you know it

#349 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

stop speaking nonsense. time machines have been out of stock since 2009 and you know it

I tried to pm my time machine but was shot down because it was oos

#350 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

its 50% off in store only when they scan your rz account card.= $10.

Interesting...may be the push I need on that title. I am enjoying Walking Dead series they made.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#351 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

I got my time machine for a paltry $14.99, and I had a gift card from a previous deal

#352 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

I got my time machine for a paltry $14.99, and I had a gift card from a previous deal

Time machines were $9.99 last week when I got mine.

On topic though, my copy of Sin and Punishment: Star Successor got here today. Apparently somewhere on its way to my house, someone took a knife to the bubble mailer it came in and sliced all the way through to the game's case. Surprisingly, there was no damage to the artwork, but I just have to wonder what was up with that.

sig.gif

#353 io

io

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

BEST. BUY. DEAL. OF. THE. DAY.

Stop all the off-topic nonsense please #-o

#354 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Another day without a DOTD.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#355 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

OK, Best Buy got it right. I came home to Madden 12 Hall of Fame today.
I was worried with all the people who were getting backordered e-mails, that they just sent me a Vanilla Madden instead.

Codes and card are up for trade if anyone has a Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE Strategy Guide.

#356 Bc4768

Bc4768

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I just had to order Metroid Other M when I saw this deal for it, especially considering that its still $50 new at Best Buy so this was an Awesome buy for me!

#357 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Im hoping for a good dotd since there really arent any good deals this week for the ads

#358 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm still waiting for some kind of DOTD or unadvertised sale that stacks with the NCAA 12 or ACRev May coupons...

#359 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'm waiting for my $4.99 Games.
Comeee on time to clear out your Wii stock, you know you wanna BB.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#360 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hope we get something good...I'm hoping for RDR GOTY edition for $20 or lower. Missed out on that last time.