Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#4321 tmw214

tmw214

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Speaking of the run did everyone else get the limited edition from BB in their order? I'm guessing it may be like Darkness II, where BB only stocks the limited edition.

Yeah, I got the LE as well
Earn Amazon Gift Cards and more just for searching and watching videos
Posted Image

#4322 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Speaking of the run did everyone else get the limited edition from BB in their order? I'm guessing it may be like Darkness II, where BB only stocks the limited edition.

I got the LE. Since people said they got it as well, I assumed it was nearly universal.

#4323 JSiggy

JSiggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

The run is freaking awesome!!!

it's like a fast & furious movie in a video game :bouncy:

I really like F&F though :cold:

wish I had not waited this long to get it, but only paying 4.99 is even sweeter!!!

#4324 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'min the middle of The Run, and it is one of the worst and most infuriating racing games I have ever played. I regret wasting my $5.

1. Awful loading times - For races that last a few minutes each, it is insane that the load times approach a minute, and if you happen to mess up before the first checkpoint, you might as well restart the race so you don't run out of resets near the end, which means you'll have to suffer the load time all over again even though you only played a few seconds.

2. Poor handling - All the cars are unresponsive and fishtail at the slightest touch. It's a struggle just to keep them on the road, much less weave in and out of traffic.

3. Cheating AI - Rubberbanding opponents that blow by you at the last second even though you are going top speed with nitro, cops that target only you, cops that suddenly catch up to you at 300 mph to bump you off course just as you reach a roadblock, civilian cars that turn into you for no reason as you try to pass, oncoming traffic that warps in to block you when the game senses you trying to pass with nitro, etc. I haven't seen a dirtier AI since the old PC Speed Racer game, where they would literally drop cars out of the sky into your path to make you crash.

#4325 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Posted this in a dying thread, wanted to make sure anyone that missed out on the Tron CE got a second whack at it. It is more money here but this seems to be an even better deal really.

http://www.amazon.co...lectors edition

#4326 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

I still haven't received a call saying that transferred media cabinet from a much further off store has come in or not as of yet. Something tells me the same thing that happened to another CAG(where they had one transferred and then it got sold to someone else just before they got there:bomb:) is what's gonna happen in my case as well.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4327 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Wow I received a random $35 reward cert from bb. I remember someone else getting one a few days ago. Takes the guilt off buying all those $5 games just cause they were cheap.

#4328 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

posted this in a dying thread, wanted to make sure anyone that missed out on the tron ce got a second whack at it. It is more money here but this seems to be an even better deal really.

wtf???
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#4329 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

The run is freaking awesome!!!

It's like being in a movie! :D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4330 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Source on Looney tunes blu-ray? Im def in for that

#4331 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

I still haven't received a call saying that transferred media cabinet from a much further off store has come in or not as of yet. Something tells me the same thing that happened to another CAG(where they had one transferred and then it got sold to someone else just before they got there:bomb:) is what's gonna happen in my case as well.

It is worth $20. I picked up 2 at that price. I was looking for a storage solution for my games and Blu Rays and this worked perfectly. There are two screws (set like this : ) on the reverse side of the handles. Make sure the shelf nearest to the screws is set in between, above or below the screws. Otherwise, the screws will rub against the shelf and scratch the shelf's face. This was an issue with both units. So it is probably a design flaw. Other than that, it is difficult to access the media in the middle of the unit because the sliding doors overlap.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#4332 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

It is worth $20. I picked up 2 at that price. I was looking for a storage solution for my games and Blu Rays and this worked perfectly. There are two screws (set like this : ) on the reverse side of the handles. Make sure the shelf nearest to the screws is set in between, above or below the screws. Otherwise, the screws will rub against the shelf and scratch the shelf's face. This was an issue with both units. So it is probably a design flaw. Other than that, it is difficult to access the media in the middle of the unit because the sliding doors overlap.

Thanks for the advice. I checked my closest store today to see if the truck came in yet and they said it shipped five days ago from the store it's coming from and to call tomorrow or possibly Thursday about it.

Hopefully they're right cuz I don't wanna make 5 trips back and forth for nothing.:cry:

Posted Image

#4333 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Posted this in a dying thread, wanted to make sure anyone that missed out on the Tron CE got a second whack at it. It is more money here but this seems to be an even better deal really.

lol. well its probably more worth the price then what actually comes with it. :P

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#4334 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for the advice. I checked my closest store today to see if the truck came in yet and they said it shipped five days ago from the store it's coming from and to call tomorrow or possibly Thursday about it.

Hopefully they're right cuz I don't wanna make 5 trips back and forth for nothing.:cry:

granted your store may be different but I would wait until early afternoon to call. Truck comes between 12-2pm.

#4335 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yeah. That's what they told me to do. So I'll wait till the afternoon sometime.

Posted Image

#4336 liquidussnakeus

liquidussnakeus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

I seen these go for 3 bucks at some local yard sales, YMMV

NFS The run is a fun rental racer and at $5, its a nice deal

The run is a decent arcade/simulator game much like similar to sega rally game in the handling department (PROTIP: The brakes are there to be used).
It suffers from bad publicity, AKA: OMG QTE IN MY RACER? THIS IS GONNA SUCK. And the main game is actually short for a $60 price tag...unless your going for Trophy/Achievments which will add probably 3 more days at best but around a weeks time. People will burn the story mode in about 5-6 hours.

The concept is good much like Crusin USA, but instead of that feeling for battling to get 1st to the final destination, its more of a "you must pass X cars or beat X time and per track, which is still good, but its poorly executed for a cross country race game (everything is scripted and not reaching what the track wants you to do means you have to restart the event instead of carry over and hope you can do better in the next track. So that big 200 Pole position becomes a "how long untill you finish the game"). It is a beautiful racer w/ alot of locations and variety though. And its more designed to be a movie popcorn game. The QTE are really short and only triggered on said destination, about 3 in total and are about 1-3 minutes long.

The main races are short burst runs usually about 1-3 minutes long which doesn't help a lot either. The only parts that did feel great in the race are the 1v1 battles and survivals, oddly enough, the last race in story mode was really fun, even though its hell on wheels to clear that on Extreme.

Despite all the flaws that is mentioned in the game, it is still a fun racer. Mostly cause the tracks are design to be fun in most cases. The landscapes are done really well for eye candy and there is enough variety of landscapes to make it enjoyable to continue playing. The sound track are hit and miss. The Brian Tyler tracks are the ones that tends to pump the players emotions and make the game more of a thrill ride, sometimes it feels like something out of Time Crisis. The others are usually the odd ball, you either like them or you hate them.

The challenges are hit and miss as well, depending how much you can tolerate missing the mark X amount of times, but it does last longer than the story races and it offers more variety.

Online is still decent, there are still people online to play against so you can still get those online trophies/achievments if your interested.

#4337 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

lego harry potter is 10 for all all systems on amazon except PS3

#4338 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

what's the next dotd you BB insiders?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4339 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Wow, well it certainly looks like it was also modeled by Sideshow Collectibles! Lmao :applause:

#4340 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

what's the next dotd you BB insiders?

check the OP.

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 are going to be $10 each Friday August 3rd

#4341 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Source on Looney tunes blu-ray? Im def in for that

source? the same person (midnightmike?) or persons that give us the inside scoop that is accurate every week.....that's the source

What's up with the tag?!?! haha iatcg derpy thread
Posted Image

#4342 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

check the OP.

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 are going to be $10 each Friday August 3rd

Which is a waste since it's been $10 for a week now.

source? the same person (midnightmike?) or persons that give us the inside scoop that is accurate every week.....that's the source

I love the new thread tags. ;)

#4343 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

FYI: That media cabinets' page has been removed from BB.com. So if anyone is still looking for one they'll have to enter the SKU(9248655) into another products stock locator URL to bring up a stock locator for it.

Posted Image

#4344 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

seems fairly accurate

#4345 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

FYI: That media cabinets' page has been removed from BB.com. So if anyone is still looking for one they'll have to enter the SKU(9248655) into another products stock locator URL to bring up a stock locator for it.

I built mine two nights ago. Super easy to assemble, the easiest of any assembly required shelves I've ever bought.

Edited by Romeo, 02 August 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#4346 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

^^I wanted one, but I had this happen like the guy I quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdive21 Posted Image
Customer service checked to see if there were any in the area. She live chatted with someone from the store and they agreed to "shuttle" it to my store since they couldn't place an OMS order to have it shipped to my house.

This was the 4th employee I talked to about it, so it depends on the person's level of competence/helpfulness. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LF2 Posted Image
To anyone getting the shelf shipped to your store from another Best Buy be careful. I called Friday, and had a store agree to send one to my store for me, and put my name on it.

Yesterday afternoon I checked, and my store magically had one in stock. So I called, and asked if it had my name on it or anything. It didn't, and when I went up there to pick it up they had already sold it to some other guy five minutes before I got there. What a bunch of assholes.

Update on my situation. The other store never sent the init media storage to my store and they sold it, but I had already paid for it. The awesome CS rep told me she would pm a similar priced storage unit. I ended up getting this: http://www.bestbuy.c....skar&cp=1&lp=2

It is the newer model of the 36.99 shelves they clearanced a couple of years ago. So now I will have 3 (hopefully) matching shelves! I still only paid 20.99 for it instead of 184.99!!!

:bouncy:

#4347 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

I built mine two nights ago. Sper easy to assembly, the easiest of any assembly required shelves I've ever bought.

Thanks. Hopefully it's that easy for me to put together, assuming it ever comes in. They shipped it on the 25th from the other store.:-# No phone call yet about it. I called them yesterday and they said to try again later in the week.:roll:

Posted Image

#4348 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

^^I wanted one, but I had this happen like the guy I quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdive21 Posted Image
Customer service checked to see if there were any in the area. She live chatted with someone from the store and they agreed to "shuttle" it to my store since they couldn't place an OMS order to have it shipped to my house.

This was the 4th employee I talked to about it, so it depends on the person's level of competence/helpfulness. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LF2 Posted Image
To anyone getting the shelf shipped to your store from another Best Buy be careful. I called Friday, and had a store agree to send one to my store for me, and put my name on it.

Yesterday afternoon I checked, and my store magically had one in stock. So I called, and asked if it had my name on it or anything. It didn't, and when I went up there to pick it up they had already sold it to some other guy five minutes before I got there. What a bunch of assholes.

Update on my situation. The other store never sent the init media storage to my store and they sold it, but I had already paid for it. The awesome CS rep told me she would pm a similar priced storage unit. I ended up getting this: http://www.bestbuy.c....skar&cp=1&lp=2

It is the newer model of the 36.99 shelves they clearanced a couple of years ago. So now I will have 3 (hopefully) matching shelves! I still only paid 20.99 for it instead of 184.99!!!

:bouncy:

Aw man, I wish that could have happened to me; that would have been awesome for $20.99. Instead I just got refunded the $22.25 I paid for the now-dead cabinet on a separate GC. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4349 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

Thanks. Hopefully it's that easy for me to put together, assuming it ever comes in. They shipped it on the 25th from the other store.:-# No phone call yet about it. I called them yesterday and they said to try again later in the week.:roll:

Gotta love the ipad...

I just read your quote of me and I sound like a nigerian prince...

#4350 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

Best buy is so boss with these DOTDs
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88