Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#451 howyoudoin

howyoudoin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

i do not know if this has been answered before, but can you just go into the store and get this for 4.99 or do you have to do the in store pick up to have the price honored?

It is priced $4.99 in the system so you can just walk in and buy it. Bought 2 copies in-store in St Louis without issue

#452 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

That's true that companies don't charge actual cost for shipping... but if one the size of Best Buy is having a sale, I don't expect shipping to nearly equal the cost of the game. Bottom line. It's borderline bait and switch for online customers. It's easier to ignore when the item in question is $20 or $30, but when shipping almost doubles the total cost then that's a no no in my book.

GoHastings has a plain retarded shipping policy/logistics, but they're charging actual prices. Buy.com offers free shipping for games sold by them and not one of their sellers. Wal-Mart has 99 cent or free shipping... Newegg generally has free shipping if the game is sold by them and not a partner.

I think anyone with a brain knows that it isn't "free"... but they aren't making 75% on it, either. I know other companies besides Best Buy do it, too... Amazon is terrible about it if you don't order $25 worth of stuff... but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it.

I view shipping as a service that should be provided at or under cost, much like a to go order from a restaurant. You wouldn't be thrilled with a place that put a $2 service charge on a to go order to cover the cost of clam shell containers and plastic spoons and cups.

Simple solution: Don't like the shipping costs, don't shop there. Problem solved.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#453 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Is vanilla better? I never buy a gimped version, best edition or bust.

Of course it's not better but it's $5.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#454 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

Picked up copy. No online pass. Hard to believe. Any chance you no longer need it?

#455 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Online reports seems to be that the vanilla version (360) should still come with a VIP pass so you can download free DLC, can anyone confirm?

#456 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Simple solution: Don't like the shipping costs, don't shop there. Problem solved.

I didn't shop there this time.... or at GoHastings. I guess you'd call me a problem solver. I can still express my opinion on it though.

#457 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

I didn't shop there this time.... or at GoHastings. I guess you'd call me a problem solver. I can still express my opinion on it though.

Yeah. People are still entitled to their opinions(unless you ask some around here who wear the ol' brown shirts) and I welcome differing opinions.

But the thing is that GoHastings doesn't have one big central warehouse and games/dvds/whatever may all be coming from seperate stores, so to me the seperate shipping charges do make sense with them. Now on the other hand, if multiple items are shipping from the SAME store, then the shipping should go up nominally to cover the cost of shipping those multiple items.

But to me a company or person shouldn't be required to ship at less than what it costs them unless they're someplace that does huge volume(see: Amazon) and as such likely gets a discount for that volume.

Posted Image

#458 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yeah. People are still entitled to their opinions(unless you ask some around here who wear the ol' brown shirts) and I welcome differing opinions.

But the thing is that GoHastings doesn't have one big central warehouse and games/dvds/whatever may all be coming from seperate stores, so to me the seperate shipping charges do make sense with them. Now on the other hand, if multiple items are shipping from the SAME store, then the shipping should go up nominally to cover the cost of shipping those multiple items.

But to me a company or person shouldn't be required to ship at less than what it costs them unless they're someplace that does huge volume(see: Amazon) and as such likely gets a discount for that volume.

I do agree with everything you said.

I know GoHastings ships from different places and their shipping makes sense in that regard. Their logistics make absolutely no sense, though. It's dumb from a business perspective. They would either get more sales by working out a different system OR could pocket... say... an extra 50 cents per title for themselves instead of the post office. Anyway, I was actually complimenting them for offering shipping at, what appears to be, their actual cost.

And yeah, I agree that no one should be required to ship at a loss. But they also shouldn't say "oh, we're having a sale!!" and name you one price, then make $1-$1.50 on the shipping. It's misleading at best and a plain dishonest bait and switch at worst.

I'll also cut eBay sellers and Amazon sellers, basically individuals and small businesses who happen to be selling and shipping things, a break when they charge a bit over cost. They have expenses the big guys don't... or expenses, like packaging, that are dollars where the big guys' packaging costs are pennies, sometimes fractions of pennies.

Also, Amazon is turning into a shipping offender, in my opinion. I guess that's the trade off for their *usually* lowest prices.

#459 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

please stop using the term bait and switch.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#460 io

io

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

I don't even understand all the talk here. I got free shipping. But then again I worked hard to be a Silver Rewards member last year ;).

#461 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

And yeah, I agree that no one should be required to ship at a loss. But they also shouldn't say "oh, we're having a sale!!" and name you one price, then make $1-$1.50 on the shipping.ipping offender, in my opinion. I guess that's the trade off for their *usually* lowest prices.

That's the thing though. I never give shipping costs right down the nickel when I make a deal(even on here). Then again, I've had people complain that I should use Paypal and that they wouldn't pay the extra $.40-.50 for me to get Delivery Confirmation from the post office. They were adamant about only paying the $.20 or whatever it was.

To me, if you're gonna nitpick over pennies(even up to $1-2), then I don't wanna bother with you at all since you'll also likely lowball the crap outta me which I find insulting.

Maybe I am being unreasonable by not using Paypal(but then again I also don't have a printer, so I still have to run out to the PO to mail stuff), but unless they pay the percentage of the total I'll lose to fees then I prefer what I prefer for a very valid reason.

I don't even understand all the talk here. I got free shipping. But them I worked hard to be a Silver Rewards member last year ;).

If they didn't give me RZ Silver for both my accounts this year, I would likely NEVER attain it, since I never have spent $2k or more at BB(or any store) in one year.;)

Posted Image

#462 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Picked up copy. No online pass. Hard to believe. Any chance you no longer need it?

This game never had an online pass. In the limited edition it did come with a VIP pass which included some DLC, such as map packs and game modes.

#463 io

io

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Ok, this debate over free shipping vs not having free shipping was cute for a while, but it has gotten out of hand. Please don't discuss it any more.

I don't really get it anyway - the game seems to be readily available for store pickup. When it is available at stores in my area I know it is most places (since mine are usually out of these deals pretty quickly - for example the Skyrim CE's were long gone before they dropped to $59.99). So if you don't want to pay for shipping, put in an order for store pickup. You have a week to pick it up.

#464 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

I bought a copy of Battlefield. Thank you OP. I traded my copy a long time ago, got the Vietnam DLC on the cheap and never played it! Hope to see a good community.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#465 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

This game never had an online pass. In the limited edition it did come with a VIP pass which included some DLC, such as map packs and game modes.

Thanks. Sorry for the dumb question.

#466 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

1752mb update? Since when? When I played this game originally there was a decent sized update to it, but that one makes the one I downloaded seem like nothing by comparison.

Too bad I already cracked open my copy I got from the last B2G1 at BB or I'd try going in store to swap it out for something. I hate these huge updates.

As someone who didn't buy the game new either time and has no desire to play the mp AT ALL, the 1700+ mb download would be a huge waste of time for me.

Yeah huge updates is annoying for games that you don't play mp. If you are stuck with the game, go to network setting in the xmb and toggle the internet connection off. Then launch the game and you can toggle the internet connection back on. That way you don't have to update. It won't affect the trophies you earn or anything.

#467 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

I was going to grab it when I got up earlier today, but it can't be shipped now and my store doesn't have any.

Should have grabbed it last night/early this morning.

#468 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:03 AM

If anyone wanted one and wouldnt mind a 360 platinum hits version, I'm willing to get rid of mine for 6.50 shipped. I played it for a few hours to finish the campaign that i had tartrd beforehand and that's it. Pm me if interested.

#469 wem003

wem003

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

Thanks OP - got one. First in store pick up order was cancelled by BB - email said it couldn't be found at that store, so I had to pick another store.

#470 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Been playing for a few minutes and I am actually liking it better than BF3. Great pick up for $5.

#471 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

justordered mine from link for in store pickup. heres hoping its not cancelled.

540841.png

#472 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

Waiting for Battlefield 3 to hit this price.
Now playing: Dark Souls II

#473 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

Ordered a PS3 copy for in-store pick-up. I enjoyed the BC games quite a bit, and I have yet to try the Vietnam expansion - heard a lot of good things about it too.

#474 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

If you get Vietnam PM me to squad up. I loved squad death match on hardcore Vietnam. Think its time to back to BC2.
Edit: Any CAG that wants to play add me. I'm going to start playing again. Either system.

#475 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

If you get Vietnam PM me to squad up. I loved squad death match on hardcore Vietnam. Think its time to back to BC2.

You got it for PS3?

#476 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yes going to play now for the first time this year.

#477 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Ordered for instore pick up last night. Checked my email this morning and ready for instore pick up. Not the closest best buy, but only one that had a copy.

#478 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

I was torn between getting it for ps3 and 360. Had the Vietnam dlc on a game share somewhere, but since I bought a 360, it just doesn't get much use outside of shmups and lost planet. Ended up getting it for the 360 in the end.

I'll have to check my copy later to see if it came with the VIP code.

#479 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I was torn between getting it for ps3 and 360. Had the Vietnam dlc on a game share somewhere, but since I bought a 360, it just doesn't get much use outside of shmups and lost planet. Ended up getting it for the 360 in the end.

I'll have to check my copy later to see if it came with the VIP code.

I always have to make that choice, but lately it's been all 360 because for some reason I've been on an achievement craving.

#480 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

Waiting for Battlefield 3 to hit this price.

See you in 2015. By then I will already be playing my XBOX 720.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]