Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#4771 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

If you're talking about issues with battery life after the 5.1.1 update, I've been having the same problems.
I don't want to turn this into an iphone discussion thread, but I tried a fix just last night that seems to be working better so far.

http://www.gottabemo...1-in-5-minutes/

Battery life was the least of the problems. Mute switch and volume buttons stopped worked, when in speakerphone mode, the mic didn't work, with incoming calls, there was no ringtone, just vibrating and calls would drop constantly. It seemed almost like a hardware issue, but it all started as soon as I installed the update.

It's a non-issue now, as I took it to Gamestop yesterday and get $235 in credit for it and now I'm working on flipping that credit to Best Buy. A little extra work, but far better than the $150 in credit Best Buy offered for it.

</off-topic>

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4772 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Did you folks try restoring? Make sure you have a backup, then do a restore and restore from backup. It would almost certainly fix any problems and you won't lose anything. For what it's worth I updated my iPhone 4 without any issues.

#4773 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

$7.99 is a good deal for ghost recon, always wanted to play it but was lazy

Can't wait til the 24th to get this for my XL

#4774 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

D'oh, that'll teach me for buying games early. Could have saved $5 on Ghost Recon.

#4775 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Did you folks try restoring? Make sure you have a backup, then do a restore and restore from backup. It would almost certainly fix any problems and you won't lose anything. For what it's worth I updated my iPhone 4 without any issues.

Yup, tried the restore a couple of times. Four actually.
Yesterday was the first I've heard about the 'reset then let the battery drain to zero' trick. So far it is definately better, but I still have pretty much everything turned off, plus the brightness way down.

#4776 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

best buy just shipped me looney tunes yay!

#4777 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Been there, done that. Did restore first and then a clean factory wipe with no change. The only way to undo the problem, without a new version, is to backpedal the update to 5.1 or older. Unfortunately, the only way to do it is to have already had the phone jailbroken with Cydia prior to updating to 5.1.1. So no dice for me there...

And for the record as stated a page or two back, my 16GB iPhone 4 updated without a single problem. The 32GB had a different fate.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4778 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

best buy just shipped me looney tunes yay!

Same here. Sucks they made it so I couldn't pick up in store.

#4779 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

Same here. Sucks they made it so I couldn't pick up in store.

i dont even remeber if that was a choice or not lol. im lazy and just said ship it to my house.

i dont think they charged for shipping? but i may be wrong.

#4780 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

i dont even remeber if that was a choice or not lol. im lazy and just said ship it to my house.

i dont think they charged for shipping? but i may be wrong.

Shipping was free, but I am near the store enough it's easier to just stop in. Now I get to wait until Saturday for it to arrive.

#4781 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

Shipping was free, but I am near the store enough it's easier to just stop in. Now I get to wait until Saturday for it to arrive.

and relive the amazingness....or have it sit there for ages in the backlog of doom

#4782 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Godfather Collection is about the same price at several other retailers, including Walmart.com for 29$. I would just order it there if you were really interested. But yeah it should auto adjust if you do wanna get it through BBY.

#4783 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

If I order the Godfather Collection now for store pickup, will the price auto adjust to $25 on Wednesday before I pick it up?

I've heard several people confirm that if the price is lower when you pick it up than when you order, it auto adjusts so you should be good.

Edited by VyseArcad1a, 21 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#4784 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

in for the 3ds game just building my collection up like always -_- still have so many DS and PS3 and PSP games can't even buy a vita or more PS3 games. but AC3 and RE6 is gonna get me

#4785 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Will likely pick up Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. Handheld + Strategy gets me every time.

sig.gif

#4786 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

http://www.latimes.c...0,3785052.story

Man I hope BB doesn't go out of business soon. I love all of these gaming deals they have,

#4787 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

Godfather Collection is about the same price at several other retailers, including Walmart.com for 29$. I would just order it there if you were really interested. But yeah it should auto adjust if you do wanna get it through BBY.

I've heard several people confirm that if the price is lower when you pick it up than when you order, it auto adjusts so you should be good.

Thanks for the info, guys. I took the red eye so I actually made it back home. Put together another $50 order with Zumba wii bundle and Jaws digi-book.

#4788 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

http://www.latimes.c...0,3785052.story

Man I hope BB doesn't go out of business soon. I love all of these gaming deals they have,

Online, however, Best Buy is still making headway, with domestic Web-based revenue growing 14% on good sales of tablets, mobile phones, appliances and e-readers. The retailer is losing steam in other sectors, however, including gaming, digital imaging, televisions and notebooks.

How are they still losing steam in gaming? o_O

#4789 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

They're losing steam in gaming to Steam.

#4790 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

Yeah, How is this possible? Maybe they mean console sales?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4791 Tippin187

Tippin187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

The DVD bundle is 29 at Walmart.com.. The Blu Ray Bundle is 40 on Walmart.com

When do these deals update? im gonna get this deal on Godfather!

#4792 TheSithAssassin

TheSithAssassin

CAGpocalypse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

Deal is live!

#4793 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

I'm probably going to bite on this Godfather deal. I've got $30 in RZ certs along with a bunch of BB credit. And I'll be trading some games in tomorrow.

#4794 ice_man_fb

ice_man_fb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

Deal is live!

Could someone please post a link i cant find it on my phone

#4795 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Could someone please post a link i cant find it on my phone

OP has been updated with direct link.

#4796 ice_man_fb

ice_man_fb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

OP has been updated with direct link.

Thanks for the info

#4797 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, How is this possible? Maybe they mean console sales?

killer blowout sales are good for CAGs, not exactly what investors want to see.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4798 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, I paid $29 ($32 if you count shipping) for this a few months ago.... but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet :cry:. Wish I'd waited now...
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#4799 erdmanski1341

erdmanski1341

On Wisconsin!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

decided to jump on the bluray set, these movies are necessary for anyone who wants a legit movie collection. used $20 in RZ certs so it cost $5.xx.

not bad at all. i had to do store pickup, but i'm heading to BB to trade in a couple games and finally get GC unlocked. gonna be an eventful day at BB for me.
Posted Image

#4800 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Sweet price. I just wish I hadn't seen each movie at least twice. Damn, that rhymes :)