7202 replies to this topic

#6691 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

but we'd rather spend our time and energy doing what matters most

HOW ABOUT SPENDING SOME TIME AND ENERGY ON THE FRONT END

When I worked retail I would be YELLED at if I let two or more people stack up without calling for another cashier. And if there was a problem customer I knew I had to call in immediately.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#6692 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Here you go:

Have there been negative ads aimed at Best Buy? I haven't seen any.

seriously i was lik wtf is this shit, is best buy resorting to begging now? impartial? hardly...some rep in which i expresssed interest in the macbook told me he hated macs, impartial my ass. i wonder if i send them an email and ask them for 20 dollar rz cert for not being impartial. the nerve.

#6693 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

yeah, i got that email too, it did seem a little creepy...

lol i was like wtf is the connection with the negative campaign ads and this bullshit. just match prices and dont be unreasonable to consumer demands..sheesh

#6694 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Great price! I went ahead and snagged the PS3 version for my 3-year old. He's really mature for his age, though, and he's been bugging me to play it. Since it's not available for him to play on his Wii-U, I went ahead and caved for a cheap, surprise stocking stuffer, to go along with the Cars diecasts and Thomas trains!

coolest mom/dad EVER! but u cant top my great grandmother who bought me mortal kombat and a sega genesis on my 5th birthday. miss her.

#6695 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

i know im a day late to that conversation, but my daughters love to play sr3 more than any other game. it's either sr3, the horse game (rdr), sims 3 or skylanders. It's totally messed up and i tell them not to do anything bad. lol. they just run around doing nothing but its still funny.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6696 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I got my copy of Saint Row: The Third from Amazon (PM Best Buy DotD) and the DLC disc has smudges all on the back. The disc is not readable and I can't get it clean. The packaging was super easy to get off the case when opening so I think someone carefully opened it to get the DLC. The smudges are caked on so I guess they were eating some nasty shit while stealing. Games heading back to Amazon for replacement.

Check to make sure your disc does not have the same issue if your paranoid about it :)

(In before... "nice story bro")

#6697 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Cool story.

#6698 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Cool story.

I see what you did there.

#6699 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Cool story.

Bro

#6700 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Besides the Star Wars game as DOTD, Best Buy has brought back the "Today only" deal page for video games yesterday. Check OP for link.

*Deals are not live yet*

#6701 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

isnt this the starwars game with that big bulky collectors edition ? would the collectors edition scan for 5$ by any chance ?
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#6702 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Besides the Star Wars game as DOTD, Best Buy has brought back the "Today only" deal page for video games yesterday. Check OP for link.

*Deals are not live yet*

Deals are up now. Nothing to telegraph home about.

#6703 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

The shipping method you've selected is not available for the following item:
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Windows

Cool.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#6704 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

isnt this the starwars game with that big bulky collectors edition ? would the collectors edition scan for 5$ by any chance ?

Good luck finding one. Lol.

#6705 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

this time last year it seemed like best buy had a bunch of games every day for about 5 bucks

hope that comes back

#6706 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Deals are up now. Nothing to telegraph home about.

Dude, did you miss Barbie: Groom and Glam Pups for $12.99? I think that might be worth locating a telegraph, or at the very least, sending up a smoke signal to notify the folks back home.

#6707 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Good luck finding one. Lol.

i know a bestbuy that has three of them :D
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#6708 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Cool, a free game for $5. Good deal...

Your overpurchasing isn't my problem, Best Buy.

#6709 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Cool, a free game for $5. Good deal...

Your overpurchasing isn't my problem, Best Buy.

"Free" players can't even sprint in the game

#6710 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Best Buy has brought back the "Today only" deal page for video games yesterday.

Get deals on these games! Today only. And by today, we mean yesterday.

Yep, you missed it. Bummerz.

K thx bye.

#6711 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

"Free" players can't even sprint in the game

Those who have never spent a penny on TOR can still get sprint but have to wait till level 15. This sounds like a cheap way for F2P players to check out subscriber perks for 30 days then get bumped up to preferred status.

#6712 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Those who have never spent a penny on TOR can still get sprint but have to wait till level 15. This sounds like a cheap way for F2P players to check out subscriber perks for 30 days then get bumped up to preferred status.

I played from release until my free 30 days ran out. Unless they severely overhauled this game, it's not worth more than a play through on a character class of your choice. This sprint "feature" was actually there for us early adopters too, I guess they eventually patched it out.

Knights of the Old Republic parts 3 - 10 this isn't as the creators were shilling it as last year. For an MMO though, the main storyline while leveling was above average. There were too many obvious time sinks built into the game and the lack of the ability to communicate across the entire faction on your server killed any sort of endgame dungeon running or PVP.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#6713 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Knights of the Old Republic parts 3 - 10 this isn't as the creators were shilling it as last year. For an MMO though, the main storyline while leveling was above average. There were too many obvious time sinks built into the game and the lack of the ability to communicate across the entire faction on your server killed any sort of endgame dungeon running or PVP.

Perfect assessment. However I would recommend this to any star wars/bioware fans who haven't played it yet just for the story alone. This was the best mmo storyline I've ever played and well worth a playthrough (if not more). I made it once and haven't been on since the f2p switch but I think it's worth checking out. Also it's probably worth seeing what the most expensive game ever produced is like...

#6714 gpthree

gpthree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

View it as a Star Wars single player game for the main story and side quests (which you can pretty much solo anyway) and you get a lot of game out of it. Go into for the usually mmo grind and its not as fun. You get a lot of game for 4.99/free.
Posted Image

#6715 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

View it as a Star Wars single player game for the main story and side quests (which you can pretty much solo anyway) and you get a lot of game out of it. Go into for the usually mmo grind and its not as fun. You get a lot of game for 4.99/free.

MMO's the games for people that neglect their children.

#6716 H3xum

H3xum

Beeeyyyaahhhhhh!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Can I just buy a few of these and use the 30 day codes to add time to my sub right now?

I wonder if it only lets you activate 1 30 day card per account

#6717 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

And spouses, hygiene, work, outside world.

I played WOW for a year before I was married and had kids. After that year I decided that I couldn't do it anymore. I just don't know how you can do it without neglecting everything that actually matters in life.

#6718 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Are there any extra charges if all you want to do is play single player? :bouncy:

#6719 gpthree

gpthree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Are there any extra charges if all you want to do is play single player? :bouncy:

I dont believe there are any extra charges. You can go from 1-50 and do the main story for free.
Posted Image

#6720 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

MMO's the games for people that neglect their children.

QFT

I played WOW for a year before I was married and had kids. After that year I decided that I couldn't do it anymore. I just don't know how you can do it without neglecting everything that actually matters in life.

i am sure it is possible....but it never seems to work out that way. its like doing cocaine and heroin yes it is possible to do it and not get addicted and not fall into life's sinking pit of insanity and despair but the odds are so stacked against you it just isnt possible.