Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#6721 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

What is the benefit of buying this, vs just downloading the game now that it is FTP? (Other than saving time installing it perhaps since I have slow internet)

#6722 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Would this work for the refer a friend speeder; cause for 5.00 I will gladly take the speeder!

#6723 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I played WOW for a year before I was married and had kids. After that year I decided that I couldn't do it anymore. I just don't know how you can do it without neglecting everything that actually matters in life.

QFT. I gave up a lot of my time playing WoW for about a year. Sorry...allow me to rephrase: I WASTED a lot of my time playing it. And I should have known it was going to happen because I went through the same thing years ago playing MUDs when they were popular.

I'm a single dad raising a little girl on my own (in fact today is her sixth birthday). I will NEVER play another MMO. She needs her dad.

#6724 pieczonka

pieczonka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

What is the benefit of buying this, vs just downloading the game now that it is FTP? (Other than saving time installing it perhaps since I have slow internet)

I would like to know the same thing what is the beneifit

#6725 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I would like to know the same thing what is the beneifit

swtor.com/free

Basically you just get upgraded to "Preferred" status...which is pretty much meaningless. The preferred status get sprint from Lvl 1, a slight raise on credit cap, and not much else.

They nickle and dimed the game hard to make sure if you were falling into the hardcore MMO psyche, you'd be forced to subscribe. Honestly, limiting hotbars and other core game mechanics that have nothing to do w/ "benefits" is ludicrous.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#6726 cobrakai83

cobrakai83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

swtor.com/free

Basically you just get upgraded to "Preferred" status...which is pretty much meaningless. The preferred status get sprint from Lvl 1, a slight raise on credit cap, and not much else.

They nickle and dimed the game hard to make sure if you were falling into the hardcore MMO psyche, you'd be forced to subscribe. Honestly, limiting hotbars and other core game mechanics that have nothing to do w/ "benefits" is ludicrous.

You would actually be a subscriber for 30 days, then get knocked down to preferred.

#6727 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

You would actually be a subscriber for 30 days, then get knocked down to preferred.

My bad, you're right...I forgot about the initial 30 day subscription. That makes the deal even worse, imo. You're better off playing for free with all the limitations so you don't get used to any of them. Signing up for 30 days and liking all the "luxuries" of subscription will make you hate the game after going f2p.

#6728 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

this game failed badly lol...hjaha what a hype

#6729 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I dont believe there are any extra charges. You can go from 1-50 and do the main story for free.

Now I am interested...is it demanding on a PC at all?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6730 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Now I am interested...is it demanding on a PC at all?

See the second link in my sig.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#6731 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Can somone link the bb certificate thread? The 2 on the homepage are 'invlaid threads' and I don't see anything in the search.

#6732 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Can somone link the bb certificate thread? The 2 on the homepage are 'invlaid threads' and I don't see anything in the search.

Disappeared from existence. Who knows why

#6733 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Deleted 3. 2 Mystery and 1 Holiday. I guess they're considered "not deals"?

#6734 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Went ahead and bought it. Been wanting to play it and I missed my chance for the $4.99 price back during Black Friday.

#6735 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Went ahead and bought it. Been wanting to play it and I missed my chance for the $4.99 price back during Black Friday.

This was on sale for 5 bucks on BF?!?!? whaa??

Anyways I was just staring at the PC section and I totally forgot about it when I was in store.

#6736 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

To answer the "is it demanding" question...It isn't really, when it's running properly. The game, however, suffers from major bugs including heavy read/write on your HDD and after long sessions may slow to a screeching halt.

Not sure if this affects everyone, but I know a looooot of players deal w/ it.

#6737 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

"Do it!!" :oldman:

#6738 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

its free
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#6739 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

but the question is can you buy several copies and pretty much stack your codes? in other words if I buy 3 copies...will I get 3 months for the price of $15?

#6740 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

but the question is can you buy several copies and pretty much stack your codes? in other words if I buy 3 copies...will I get 3 months for the price of $15?

MMO subscriptions don't work like that. The registration of the retail serial code instantly grants a 1 time 30 day "trial" to the game. Every retail copy has a "retail cd key" good to create 1 account. Those cd keys aren't the same as game time which stack.

#6741 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

its free

I can only assume that people who purchase the game get a free period for the premium membership. If not then you guys are getting fleeced, I installed the game for free directly from the game's webpage. Didn't even need to install Origin ;)
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#6742 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Is $30 for the CE of TOR a good deal?

#6743 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

The statue looks cool.

:|

#6744 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Get it for the statue, assuming it isn't broken. The artbook is weighty (mine is still sealed), and the steelbook is nice to look at.

From a gaming deal point of view, it's not worth it. For a collector, it's worth it.

#6745 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Whered you find it for $30

#6746 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Whered you find it for $30

I was at kmart earlier today and they had it in the 70% off clearance section. not sure if its ymmv but this is ny and I never find ny store exclusive ymmv's

#6747 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Anyone get suckered into buying TOR? It is free 2 play now.
tl

#6748 gpthree

gpthree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Anyone get suckered into buying TOR? It is free 2 play now.

Thanks for the info. TOR is free to play? I'm sure no one knew that. :roll:
Posted Image

#6749 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Pre Owned Darsiders II is a part of the Video Game DotD for $34.99. You can use the $10 GCU coupon in store to get it for $24.99. Decent deal I think.

#6750 SonOfMan

SonOfMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Pre Owned Darsiders II is a part of the Video Game DotD for $34.99. You can use the $10 GCU coupon in store to get it for $24.99. Decent deal I think.

If you prefer NEW

Darksiders II - Xbox 360 Sale:$39.99
http://www.bestbuy.c...rs II&lp=1&cp=1

Darksiders II - PlayStation 3 Sale: $39.99
http://www.bestbuy.c...rs II&lp=2&cp=1

DOTD
X-Men Trilogy Pack [9 Discs] (Blu-ray Disc) (Eng/Spa/Fre/Por)
Our Price:$17.99 List Price: $59.99
http://www.bestbuy.c...91866&lp=1&cp=1
Posted Image

Best of Luck