Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#1051 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Wow, I'm glad I didn't listen to you! ;)

Thought i posted what the official response by BB stated.

Glad i didn't listen to it either :applause:

#1052 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Waiting on Silent Hill Downpour. I really enjoyed Homecoming, so looking forward to Downpour. From what I've seen of it, it doesn't seem like it has that SH feel, but we'll see. Maybe it's just the incredibly out of place Korn song they used for the intro that makes it feel that way.

Haha...the Korn song is actually just used during the end credits. The intro music is actually really good. Daniel Licht did a surprisingly good job taking the reins. It's not as creepy as some previous entries, but it does sort of return to the "exploring the town and finding your way through" roots of SH 1-3...and has some cool homages to the earlier games. It falls more in line with the psychological story-themed entries like SH2 where things are sort of symbolic. It's a bit buggy (they're working on a patch), but it's a great game.

#1053 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

when even IGN gives a game a shitty review, i know to stay away from anything above 5$

#1054 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

pass rather replay re4

#1055 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thanks Just bought one.

#1056 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

I like games like this because you can complete most the game and give the multiplayer a few hours and be done with it. Most RPG and adventure games just eat up way too much time and hence add to my backlog.

Yeah I pull shorter games from my backlog so it feels like I'm chipping away at it more. Anything 20 hours or more and the chances I pull it off the shelf is pretty low.

Luckily I don't play RPGs anymore, such time-sinks.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1057 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

It actually is Mila Kunis.

Got my 2 copies ordered :D

That is her :lol:

Well I'm done posting for the night :)

#1058 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Woohoo! Just grabbed one. Even if the game isn't that great, $18 with exclusive DLC is a crazy deal.

Wait, this version includes the DLCs? Now that i think about it, the listing does say "Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Best Buy Limited Edition" O___O

#1059 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

gonna have to pass on this 1. would rather save the 20 for silent hill and use a redbox code on this 1 since i wont be playing multiplayer. great deal if u intend to play co/op though.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1060 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Pre-order the Best Buy Limited Edition to receive the Elite Weapon Pack, which includes the Perforator and Combat SMG weapons, and six alternate costumes for your characters

yw. now back to x-files.

Wait, this version includes the DLCs? Now that i think about it, the listing does say "Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Best Buy Limited Edition" O___O

now playing:

#1061 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

You get...

- The Elite Weapons Pack (Combat SMG & Perforator)
- 6 U.S.S Alternate Costumes (Vector, Beltway, Foureyes, Bertha, Spectre & Lupo)

#1062 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

Pre-order the Best Buy Limited Edition to receive the Elite Weapon Pack, which includes the Perforator and Combat SMG weapons, and six alternate costumes for your characters

yw. now back to x-files.

I Thought so. This would also explain the BB yellow sticker on the game case. However, i would just like to clarify, the wording is "pre-order" so if you didn't pre-order it follows that you would not get the DLCs. The pic could also just meant to be placeholder and we are getting the regular version.

Am I even making sense tonight? I apologize if i don't, its 2:22 AM where i am....and i need to go tp sleep
Goodnight everyone :drool:

#1063 clearM3

clearM3

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

For me the campaign was much more fun playing on a higher difficulty level and taking my time. There are several hidden items as well as little challenges (like shooting out all the survailance equipment) if you like that type of thing.

It is also important to know that in many scenes you can't kill certain characters so don't get frustrated trying too.

Thanks for the info, how is the story in the game??? Good for fans of the franchise???

#1064 htz

htz

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

I Thought so. This would also explain the BB yellow sticker on the game case. However, i would just like to clarify, the wording is "pre-order" so if you didn't pre-order it follows that you would not get the DLCs. The pic could also just meant to be placeholder and we are getting the regular version.

Am I even making sense tonight? I apologize if i don't, its 2:22 AM where i am....and i need to go tp sleep
Goodnight everyone :drool:

Sometimes Best Buy's pre-order bonuses are packed inside the game packaging. They must be sitting on a ton of day 1 copies like bulletstorm and rage.

when even IGN gives a game a shitty review, i know to stay away from anything above 5$

I just found out the game was developed by slant six, that explains a lot...

#1065 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

I heard this sucked, but at that price I got one for the PS3. Plenty of times in the past the consensus didn't match my preference, so why not?

Will definitely get Downpour on Tuesday. Also, any chance that the Arkham City is the GOTY Edition?

#1066 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Thanks for the info, how is the story in the game??? Good for fans of the franchise???

Not necessarily. It sort of fudges with the events of previous games a bit and lets you rewrite history, so it's best to consider it more of a side story or alternate version. There isn't a whole lot of story there, anyway, though. It's a bit more "go here and do this".

#1067 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I honestly haven't played a lot of the older games (I know, I know). But their are charactors like Ada Wong and Leon Kennedy that make appearances and I remember reading some reviews and people were upset that they couldn't be killed which even I understood the reason why.

The story is alright though. Kinda cool to stroll around Raccoon City but I couldn't really tell you how it interacts with some of the earlier plots and storylinse

#1068 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

From what I've heard, read and scene, this game is a turd. I guess that would explain why it's already on sale for $17.99. Think I'll pass on this one. BTW, the Vita Mod Nation game is pretty darn good. I know it didn't score as well as the PS3 version, but it's a great little kart game for 12 bucks, especially if you never picked up the PS3 one.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#1069 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Sometimes Best Buy's pre-order bonuses are packed inside the game packaging. They must be sitting on a ton of day 1 copies like bulletstorm and rage.

I just found out the game was developed by slant six, that explains a lot...

Slant Six did an alright job with the portable Socom titles.

Also not only is the DLC packaged inside the case, but the little badge on the front stating that it's a best buy exclusive is on the artwork and not just a sticker on the wrapper.
Posted Image

#1070 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

I heard this sucked, but at that price I got one for the PS3. Plenty of times in the past the consensus didn't match my preference, so why not?

Will definitely get Downpour on Tuesday. Also, any chance that the Arkham City is the GOTY Edition?

Nope, it is the regular/standard version with SKU 2173065 & 2173056.

#1071 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

Slant Six did an alright job with the portable Socom titles.

Also not only is the DLC packaged inside the case, but the little badge on the front stating that it's a best buy exclusive is on the artwork and not just a sticker on the wrapper.

Anyone remember Socom Confrontation?
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1072 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

I caved. Got it for ps3, why not.

#1073 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

almost caved, but spent the money on art of prometheus book instead. phew

now playing:

#1074 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

Anyone remember Socom Confrontation?

huge Socom fan right here, Slant Six craps everything they touch.

#1075 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

almost caved, but spent the money on art of prometheus book instead. phew

waaaayyyy better deal so you win in the end!

#1076 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

The best thing about this game is the huge, non removable, bright yellow box that says BEST BUY on the cover art.

Heroes Mode is cool too.

It's part of the actual cover art - it's not a sticker?

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#1077 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

$3.27 after coupons. If it's a dud I'll be ok.

#1078 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

It's part of the actual cover art - it's not a sticker?

Yup.

#1079 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Yup.

oh ok thanks.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#1080 goku31389

goku31389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

Damn....Do I want this game? or should I re-buy batman:arkham city again? *rubs chin*
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/drivingmad3]Posted Image
[/URL]