Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#1081 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

the whole dotd spoiler is confirmed in bestbuy weekly ad as father daily day sale,

#1082 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

the whole dotd spoiler is confirmed in bestbuy weekly ad as father daily day sale,

I wonder if this means they are getting more stock of the COD BLOPS controllers as I don't think many stores have any of these available anymore.

#1083 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

is this game as bad as people say? worth 18 bucks?

#1084 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

LOL, why would you waste $18, when you can get it for less than $10 in 2 months, Lmao

#1085 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

LOL, why would you waste $18, when you can get it for less than $10 in 2 months, Lmao

lol true but as a CAG its hard to let a deal go buy lol. keep buying new games even though i have like 10 that are still brand new never opened. When i didn't know about CAG life was better lol

i am a weak weak man very hard to resist: a good deal lol :D

#1086 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

You mean ~eight bucks.

#1087 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

really lol? the reason i said it could drop even lower than 18 is because the game isn't that good? did you see the reviews? and i did play it on xbox360 so i know the game isn't that good it needed more polish

with a lot of AAA titles coming out in next few months what makes you think a core gamer will pay 40 for this when they can get borderlands2,AC3,halo4,COD?

you guys must be big RE fans or capcom fans. and thing with gamefly i rather have them make money than the greedy bastards at capcom who think their way of doing business is the right way. I rather pay gamestop 54.99 for RE6 than capcom for a new game.(yes i do hate capcom)

in next 2-3 months this game will be on many sales for under 20 and maybe under 15.

:applause:
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1088 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

i hate capcom so maybe my hate towards them got the best of me, i still think this game will drop in price thing is games these days just don't stay at full price for a long long time. so by september-october this game could be bargain bin.

#1089 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

i will not support slant six, idc how cheap this game goes.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1090 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

I've seen Resident Evil 5 used for $5 many times. Heck it was $5 at Hollywood Video quickly after it was released. I've seen it for $5 at Blockbuster during their many B1G1 sales.

But can you please show me where I can buy it for less than $10 brand new? Shipping counts if you find an online retailer.

On amazon and ebay I think they are around $15 to $20 brand new.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d338614d4

#1091 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

i hate capcom so maybe my hate towards them got the best of me, i still think this game will drop in price thing is games these days just don't stay at full price for a long long time. so by september-october this game could be bargain bin.

MSRP is $59.99. It hasn't been cheaper then $40 other then an earlier BB DOTD and you really think you're going to just find it in a clearance bin somewhere?

Your right they dont' stay full price for a long time but they don't hit the clearance bin in six months time either... especially not when they are form this franchise.

#1092 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

I've seen Resident Evil 5 used for $5 many times. Heck it was $5 at Hollywood Video quickly after it was released. I've seen it for $5 at Blockbuster during their many B1G1 sales.

But can you please show me where I can buy it for less than $10 brand new? Shipping counts if you find an online retailer.

i never said brand new did i? i said under 15 and my price would be under 10. was released on march 23rd top not the best of reception so while its a RE game in my opinion because the game wasn't top notch quality wise so that's why i guess that it could drop under 10

alpha protocol was a game that was released and within first 6-8 months it was under 15 bucks, i know not a capcom game but i didn't know that RE game can hold on to its value for longer periods of times

my thinking has always been if a game is between bad to ok than it would drop in price pretty quick

#1093 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

How's the nemesis mode for 360 ver, should I pick this up again for PS3 or 360 deciding since I sold my PS3 ver just last wk for $42 shipped on half.com LOL

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1094 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

i never said brand new did i? i said under 15 and my price would be under 10. was released on march 23rd top not the best of reception so while its a RE game in my opinion because the game wasn't top notch quality wise so that's why i guess that it could drop under 10

alpha protocol was a game that was released and within first 6-8 months it was under 15 bucks, i know not a capcom game but i didn't know that RE game can hold on to its value for longer periods of times

my thinking has always been if a game is between bad to ok than it would drop in price pretty quick

The deal is this thread is for a brand new game with free shipping. Of course there will be cheaper pre-owned deals in the future. You should wait.

#1095 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I'm just annoyed with you because as someone else pointed out in an earlier post from this evening you stated:

and then later you're asking people if it's worth $18.

I mean what the hell. You've ALREADY played the game. What are you doing asking for peoples opinions on it!

i do have it for xbox360 but i much rather play games on ps3 been a long time ps fan.(just feel more comfortable with ps3 controller) I did enjoy it a bit on xbox360 but stopped playing

you know what let me get back to it who cares about a controller

#1096 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

The deal is this thread is for a brand new game with free shipping. Of course there will be cheaper pre-owned deals in the future. You should wait.

How do I get free shipping?
Tried the usual entertainment link and it's still saying $2.99 shipping.
Posted Image

#1097 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

RE:ORC is abysmal. I tried really, really hard to like it but failed.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1098 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

it was free shipping when it first went live. guess they changed their minds.
also, im a gamer unlocked member as well.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1099 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

I don't know. I got free shipping to my home on my order. It came out to $19.07 total after taxes. Maybe because I'm a gamer unlocked member? I have no idea.

#1100 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

it was free shipping when it first went live. guess they changed their minds.

Yup thats it. I bought mine a minute or two after it went live. There was free shipping then, but I guess not anymore. Sorry guys.

#1101 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

When you search for "Resident" on Gamerankings and look for this game in the results, sorted by score... and realize it's not there and you have to click through to the second page - well, that gives you pause.

Basically the same score as Duke Nukem Forever, which is now $2.99 at Best Buy. That's three bucks.

#1102 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

When you search for "Resident" on Gamerankings and look for this game in the results, sorted by score... and realize it's not there and you have to click through to the second page - well, that gives you pause.

Basically the same score as Duke Nukem Forever, which is now $2.99 at Best Buy. That's three bucks.

Hmm...after briefly considering this, I was saying no to myself, but now that you compare it do DN:F, I'm thinking it may be worth it. Actually liked DN:F, to be honest.

#1103 TheHelix

TheHelix

I have credit but I just can't buy this game. I blame Dragon's Dogma.

#1104 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Ah, that makes sense.

In other news, the Amazon TIV fell to $12 already.
Posted Image

#1105 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

if you order online to pick up store would they cancel automatically if you don't pick it up and issue a refund or do you have to go to the store to get a refund?

#1106 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hmm...after briefly considering this, I was saying no to myself, but now that you compare it do DN:F, I'm thinking it may be worth it. Actually liked DN:F, to be honest.

The comparison is only by review score - I haven't played either.

BTW I'm not saying people should only go by reviews - and averaged review scores at that. I try to keep an open mind, and I may take a chance on RE ORC someday - just not an $18 chance.

#1107 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

BTW I'm not saying people should only go by reviews - and averaged review scores at that. I try to keep an open mind, and I may take a chance on RE ORC someday - just not an $18 chance.

I know ;)

I remember DN:F got its ass kicked by reviewers, and yet I still liked it, so shows the reviews don't have the best tendency to be accurate for me. Still, SlantSix development makes me want to pass....

#1108 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

for all the people bragging, you can't do much with $18 nowadays

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1109 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'll pay $18 for a brand new (with extra DLC) game less then 3 months after release anyday Edit: If I have the slightest interest in.

If you're on the fence buy. I don't expect you'll see this price NEW in the next 3 months. It hasn't even hit below $39.99 yet besides another BB DOTD.

#1110 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

if you order online to pick up store would they cancel automatically if you don't pick it up and issue a refund or do you have to go to the store to get a refund?

They typically won't charge you if you don't pick it up. But always check your credit card statement. ;)