Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#121 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

In for 1 store pick up. Timing is perfect as I planned on going to BB anyways to trade in some games tonight.

#122 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

I really don't need any more games but this is a great deal! Thanks, op!
Posted Image

#123 H22A

H22A

Happy trails, Hans.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thanks OP. First Wii game purchase, don't even have the machine itself. For $5 will just wait until I bring it along with me on next visit to bro/nephew so we can play something other than the Star Wars and Batman Lego games. Mind, those are actually quite good in terms of fun family co-op, but time to introduce something different to their Wii. We'll probably be back to Batman Lego in 15 minutes, but whatever.

#124 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Thanks OP, been waiting for this game for a long time and this price + FS is perfect!

#125 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

cool got 1

#126 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Awesome, thanks OP, pretty much the last Wii game I have been wanting to get just seemingly never got to a reasonable price. 5$, well, is very reasonable.

MadrocSZ.png

#127 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Amazing deal on probably one of the best Wii games out there. Picked this up for a friend's upcoming b-day. Much thanks for posting OP!

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#128 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Sold!
Posted Image

#129 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

YES! Just ordered a copy for store pick up. Been waiting forever for a good price. Was tempted to get it with the @Gamers coupon but they bumped up the price. So happy. Though I probably won't pick it up for a few days though.

#130 EvilEvincar

EvilEvincar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Playing Kid Icarus Uprising increased my interest in getting S&P2...and now it hit $5. I know I don't need any more games in my queue (playing a friend's copy of Fire Emblem right now), but I couldn't help but buy this.

#131 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Playing Kid Icarus Uprising increased my interest in getting S&P2...and now it hit $5. I know I don't need any more games in my queue (playing a friend's copy of Fire Emblem right now), but I couldn't help but buy this.

That's how I feel, but being 5 bucks you can't really refuse. You have to buy it! My store barely open so hopefully they have mine on hold and somebody doesn't go and scoop them all up. That would be lame.

#132 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

This is a new low for BB. I want to buy a $5 game with a $10 RZ certificate and it won't let me:

The total of your Reward Certificates has exceeded the value of eligible products. The following Reward Certificates have not been applied to your order
The value of your reward certificates may not be greater than your order total, before tax and shipping.

#133 clawber

clawber

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

This is a new low for BB. I want to buy a $5 game with a $10 RZ certificate and it won't let me:

I had the same problem with a $5 certificate

#134 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

I don't care how long your queue is, this deal is too good to pass up.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#135 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

That's a new low? It's in the fine print. It's not a gift card, so you don't get a remaining balance if you don't use it all.
Posted Image

#136 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

I don't want to buy anything else; they can take the $4 for all i care. They just want me to spend $$$ at the store. I just want the credit. There's no reason it can't just be a gift card.

#137 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

I don't want to buy anything else; they can take the $4 for all i care. They just want me to spend $$$ at the store. I just want the credit.

Couldn't you buy 2 copies? Only pick up 1 and cancel the other. I'm sure they could add the remainder to a giftcard or since it's such a low ammount, just give you the cash for it? There is no shipping option so you're gonna have to go to the store anyways.

#138 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Couldn't you buy 2 copies? Only pick up 1 and cancel the other. I'm sure they could add the remainder to a giftcard or since it's such a low ammount, just give you the cash for it? There is no shipping option so you're gonna have to go to the store anyways.

They can not actually. When you refund something on a RZ certificate, you would have to refund all parts because of the nature of certificates. They do it to prevent people from trying to return it to get it on a gift card instead. Unless you get a rep that is really nice and just does it for you, the computer will automatically ask of him to return both. The point of the certificates is to have people spend the minimum, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it for them to offer them. The plus side of certificates though is that they take a bit more off the total if you have sales tax in your state since it takes it off the total price, rather than just $5 off the final with tax. But yeah, no way around it. It's just always been that way.
Posted Image

#139 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm kinda glad I'm broke today. I would have jumped on this. I've been on a game shopping spree for the past few months.

#140 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't want to buy anything else; they can take the $4 for all i care. They just want me to spend $$$ at the store. I just want the credit. There's no reason it can't just be a gift card.

Buy 2.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#141 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Great deal. If I order it now, do I actually have to pick it up today? I don't have a trip to best buy until next week (as it's 40 miles away.)

#142 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Great deal. If I order it now, do I actually have to pick it up today? I don't have a trip to best buy until next week (as it's 40 miles away.)

You have a week.

#143 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Ordered for in store pickup. I watched the IGN video review and the game looks like a lot of fun. They gave it a 9.0 and the metacritic score is 87 (if you care about that sort of thing). I don't often see a $4.99 new condition game with those scores that is only available on the Wii.

#144 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Really didn't need to pick this up but then again that's the case with most games I buy. Thanks OP

ach.png

#145 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks OP. Burbank Empire Center had tons on the shelf, listed at $49.99 but rang up at $4.99.

#146 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I want it but it's OOS at the local BB according to their website.

And it's OOS online now too.

EDIT: Once I hit "add to cart" it showed in stock at the local BB so I'm gonna go pick it up tonight. Had been watching this game for a while.

Edited by derrtaysouth95, 09 May 2012 - 07:43 PM.
Changing something.

#147 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Picked one up earlier today at my local Best Buy via in store pick up. They had quite a few copies and were actually marked 4.99 on the shelf.

#148 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

My order already shipped from BestBuy.com -- that old guy working in the packaging department must be on his game today. I hope he didn't forget to put the "special touches" on it.
Posted Image

#149 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Thanks OP!

#150 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Ordered this morning, shipped this afternoon.

Hopefully they actually send me the right game this time because dealing with their awful customer service is a pain.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.