Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#2041 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Quick question for anyone who has been through this before..

I ordered one of the Precision Aim COD:BO controllers for PS3.. I received it on sat and they shipped me the 360 version. I went to BB today and they told me they couldn't exchange it since they don't even carry them in stores. So I got home, called BB and was sent to the BB.com customer service. I waited on hold for 30+ min and I really don't feel like calling back, but told the lady my problem and she said something (I couldn't understand her clearly) about reprinting a shipping label or something and put me on hold. While I was on hold, the call disconnected so I re-called and was pretty much back to the start of the line waiting again. I waited another 10 minutes (before I could even tell them where to direct my call.. during this time I decided to check BB account and the order is showing that they re-shipped my item.

What do I need to do now? Wait for the new item and re-ship this one? Call back and wait an hour for someone to tell me nothing? I'm worried that they will charge me again if I do something wrong.

I feel your pain. BB CS frequently disconnects randomly. Either it's their call system or bored employees just hanging up because they don't want to deal with you. I've gone through hell on the phone multiple times due to errors on their site, had them create "cases" for these issues, telling me that they'll get back to me in 48-72 hours, and they never do.

While their support isn't Indian or anything, it still blows epic chunks. And if you're dealing with an issue with video game stuff, don't even bother. Their CS reps are usually 50-year-old ladies who are like "what's an Xbox?".

That said, it sounds like you're going to need to call back. Not sure what other options you've got.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#2042 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

I feel your pain. BB CS frequently disconnects randomly. Either it's their call system or bored employees just hanging up because they don't want to deal with you. I've gone through hell on the phone multiple times due to errors on their site, had them create "cases" for these issues, telling me that they'll get back to me in 48-72 hours, and they never do.

While their support isn't Indian or anything, it still blows epic chunks. And if you're dealing with an issue with video game stuff, don't even bother. Their CS reps are usually 50-year-old ladies who are like "what's an Xbox?".

That said, it sounds like you're going to need to call back. Not sure what other options you've got.

Well crap. Be back in 10 hours then.

Thanks for responding.

EDIT - Coolness. I just finished talking to rep and I asked if I could just drop the controller off at a BB retailer (since they re-shipped the proper controller) and they said yes. Works for me since they're about 8 minutes away.

Edited by prettycrazy, 18 June 2012 - 11:59 PM.

[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2043 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

thanks op, hope need for speed for $10 or under. otherwise no go for me

#2044 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

What are people thinking the price will be for NFS:The Run tomorrow? Anyone got a $ limit on this game they wont spend?

10 bucks at most is my limit.

#2045 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

Same.
These best buy deals have made me mad cheap.
$10 or less.

#2046 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'd love a deal on The Run for PS3. I've been searching for a deal and the best I've found was around $17 from the EA store after shipping. Under $15 and I'm in.

#2047 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Under $10 and I'll buy it to decorate my game shelves

#2048 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

I don't know to much about Gamefly but do they sell new games? (New disc, Case, Online Passes etc.)

Yes, GameFly sells new games. I didn't think they did, but they do now. I recently got Ico/SotC from them for $20 new. However, I think only some titles are available new from them, and my sense is that it is rare that they discount new games.

#2049 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for clearing everything up CAG's.

I haven't been so big on BB until the 100% TiV promo, but on the video game DoTD do they usually have Free Shipping? Because I'm personally not biting on a $10 deal (before Tax), if I have to pay for shipping.

#2050 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

At $10 I'll grab a copy for each console to compare and contrast (like I do on a lot of the really cheap DoTD's), if it's $15, I'll really have to think hard about it. It's definitely a title that is heading for a $20 MSRP sooner than later, and that means used prices around $15-18. Combine that with a nice coupon or B2G1 sale, and it should be around $10.

The other DoTD's that were around $20 were a lot easier decision, since those games were just so DAMN new! This one's been out for what, 6-8 months?

#2051 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Thanks for clearing everything up CAG's.

I haven't been so big on BB until the 100% TiV promo, but on the video game DoTD do they usually have Free Shipping? Because I'm personally not biting on a $10 deal (before Tax), if I have to pay for shipping.

I think free shipping is now for orders over $25 iirc. Just do in store pick-up if that's a option for you.

#2052 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

I think free shipping is now for orders over $25 iirc. Just do in store pick-up if that's a option for you.

On top of that, might as well grab any other games, movies or CD's you might be interested in to get your in-store pickup order over $50, and get a $10GC code. ;)

#2053 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

Eww, no more free shipping? Where's that guy with the free BB shipping link in his signature?

#2054 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

I think the run has been $20 a few times on regular sale already. So lower makes sense, but I wonder if they still have limited editions left. For anyone wondering, the ps3 version comes with some exclusive cars already, and the limited edition for each adds a few more cars.

#2055 GLiMpZe

GLiMpZe

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

what time do the deals go live?

#2056 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

I think the run has been $20 a few times on regular sale already. So lower makes sense, but I wonder if they still have limited editions left. For anyone wondering, the ps3 version comes with some exclusive cars already, and the limited edition for each adds a few more cars.

Didn't know all :ps3: versions came with exclusive cars. Thanks.

#2057 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

I would think so, because it was first come first serve on the Limited editions. Any left in-store should be yours :)

#2058 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

what time do the deals go live?

1:30-2:00 AM Eastern Time. Usually.

#2059 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

11:45 Central Time :D

#2060 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

Real question is...

This game really worth $10? After watching some reviews I'm not sure. Anyone have some opinions on it?

#2061 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

Real question is...

This game really worth $10? After watching some reviews I'm not sure. Anyone have some opinions on it?

Its a car racing game by Black Box that has licensed cars and it uses the Frostbite 2 engine.
For $10 I'll definitely give it a shot.

#2062 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Debating 360 vs. PS3, assuming this hits my price point.

This game apparently wasn't significant enough to merit analysis from the comparison sites. With racing games, it also sometimes comes down to wheel support for me - but it seems like both PS3 and 360 wheels will work, so that's not a deciding factor so far.

#2063 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Its a car racing game by Black Box that has licensed cars and it uses the Frostbite 2 engine.
For $10 I'll definitely give it a shot.

So far that Frostbite 2 engine has yet to impress on consoles... BF3 PC Vs. Consoles.... yeah

#2064 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

^ not everyone uses their computer to play games.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2065 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

^ not everyone uses their computer to play games.

I dont play games on PC at all im just looking at the hard facts, this isnt a secret.

#2066 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Let's say this is $9.99.

Would bb.com let me use a $10 RZ certificate work on it? I don't want to issue it and have it rejected.

#2067 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

nope

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2068 TheRealRizzo

TheRealRizzo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

Please.. Do NOT start a Triple Threat match of gaming devices.

#2069 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

game now said dotd but price has not changed

#2070 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

nope