Best Buy Deal of the Day (2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7202 replies to this topic

#2701 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

same thing pretty much, ps3 has ps move if your interested but i believe the PS3 version is also in 1080p just like the xbox version

Thanks for responding. The last NG game I played was NGB on the xbox and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking at the IGN review right now and they are saying that it's awful. I will read a few more reviews before deciding.

#2702 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for responding. The last NG game I played was NGB on the xbox and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking at the IGN review right now and they are saying that it's awful. I will read a few more reviews before deciding.

heres my review I did for the game back when it first came out- http://www.wethegame...ninja-gaiden-3/

lookin back at it now, maybe i was being too nice lol. but its still an ok action game just not NG 1 or 2
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2703 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

heres my review I did for the game back when it first came out- http://www.wethegame...ninja-gaiden-3/

lookin back at it now, maybe i was being too nice lol. but its still an ok action game just not NG 1 or 2

I just checked out your review and I was like WTF no decaps?!?!? Also, I keep hearing about a robotic dinosaur? If I buy it now, it will go in the backlog anyway so I will probably wait a few months and pick it up for $10. Thanks for the review!

#2704 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

yes there is a robot dinosaur boss lol
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2705 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

buying a copy of NG for each platform AND brave, then trading brave and 1 copy back in immediately will make one copy of NG3 around $10 after tax, if you include the $10 cert that will be mailed to you.
Posted Image

#2706 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Too bad this game is awful. It's the only one that Tomonobu Itagaki didn't work on. All the others were great.
Posted Image

#2707 DeadbeatGa

DeadbeatGa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

Real Talk, is this game worth it or not if you really aren't into this series? I'm just looking for a fun game, but the demo did suck really bad. How much is the game related the the demo, and will I get a bang for my buck, for 20 dollars?
Posted Image

#2708 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Will be heading in later today to pm the copies NG3, reality Fighters & Little Deviants that I bought sat. + $70. After I pm wipeout that'll complete the 12 total pm's from that receipt. Still will have 52 more days if there's a lower price though.

#2709 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

i might pick up brave also, anyone know if Brave is somewhat decent or is it horrible?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2710 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Will be heading in later today to pm the copies NG3, reality Fighters & Little Deviants that I bought sat. + $70. After I pm wipeout that'll complete the 12 total pm's from that receipt. Still will have 52 more days if there's a lower price though.

I'm just curious, but you're using the same original receipt for all your PMs correct? Do you get new receipts for each time you PM? Just wondering what all the paperwork for these PMs you are doing looks like - and lets say you do a PM, then later it drops again, another receipt I'm guessing? - I'm just envisioning a moving box full of receipts of which I would never be able to find anything when I needed it...

Posted Image

#2711 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'm just curious, but you're using the same original receipt for all your PMs correct? Do you get new receipts for each time you PM? Just wondering what all the paperwork for these PMs you are doing looks like - and lets say you do a PM, then later it drops again, another receipt I'm guessing? - I'm just envisioning a moving box full of receipts of which I would never be able to find anything when I needed it...

The benefit of everything being linked to your RZ account means you don't have to keep any receipt you could just print it off @ the customer kiosk in-store.
I keep my receipt in the event I need to pm/return/rebuy but I generally pm most of the items I buy on day 1. Once you do a pm you get a receipt for the adjustment of that item, if it goes on sale again you'd the need the adjusted price receipt(which can still be found by original receipts #'s) 10 items pm = 10 single item receipts. But after the 45 or 60 days you can recycle the receipt.

Pro-tip: write on the back of the receipt what's purchased @ what price then log then into a notebook(I also use notepad on my phone for things I know will go lower. I check CAG & do some web surfing everyday for all the items looking for a cheaper price. Usually takes 15 minutes but knowing what's gonna be on sale in advance means I just log what has to be matched on what day.

#2712 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Lots of hate for NG3. I absolutely LOVED NG1 and NG2, and I was super disappointed with the NG3 demo and all of the reviews. But for $20, I can't really go wrong... (can I?)

Also, is this an in-store price as well? Or do I have to buy online?

Zarski843.jpg

#2713 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

The benefit of everything being linked to your RZ account means you don't have to keep any receipt you could just print it off @ the customer kiosk in-store.
I keep my receipt in the event I need to pm/return/rebuy but I generally pm most of the items I buy on day 1. Once you do a pm you get a receipt for the adjustment of that item, if it goes on sale again you'd the need the adjusted price receipt(which can still be found by original receipts #'s) 10 items pm = 10 single item receipts. But after the 45 or 60 days you can recycle the receipt.

Pro-tip: write on the back of the receipt what's purchased @ what price then log then into a notebook(I also use notepad on my phone for things I know will go lower. I check CAG & do some web surfing everyday for all the items looking for a cheaper price. Usually takes 15 minutes but knowing what's gonna be on sale in advance means I just log what has to be matched on what day.

Ahh, I never noticed you could print your receipts off the RZ site. I've actually never done a price match at BB, but I think its because I haven't bought many games unless they were on sale or had already dropped in price. Just so that I'm clear - PM after the fact will not affect your original purchases RZ points will it? Or is this a case where it will sometimes/won't sometimes?

Posted Image

#2714 Kojiro

Kojiro

Vasche - Odin FFXI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hmm... I'm wondering if Ninja Gaiden 3 would be a worthy buy for me or not. I had to watch my brother play 1 and 2 because they were way too difficult for me but 3 sounds like it's more straightforward and easy. :joystick:

#2715 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Also, is this an in-store price as well?

Both, if it doesn't say online only all BB.com price can be pm'd in-store.

Ahh, I never noticed you could print your receipts off the RZ site. I've actually never done a price match at BB, but I think its because I haven't bought many games unless they were on sale or had already dropped in price. Just so that I'm clear - PM after the fact will not affect your original purchases RZ points will it? Or is this a case where it will sometimes/won't sometimes?

You may receive the reg. points depending on how it takes for you to get the pm but later those points will be deducted...example
you buy a $60 game & get 120 points if you pm the game 2 weeks later to $40 the RZ site should show the $20 deduction on that transaction if it doesn't the 2nd receipt with the pm will reflect a negative RZ points balance & when it posts it'll deduct the RZ points that you got on the 1st receipt. So you end up with 80 RZ points when it's all said & done.

Edited by shrike4242, 06 July 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#2716 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Both, if it doesn't say online only all BB.com price can be pm'd in-store.

You may receive the reg. points depending on how it takes for you to get the pm but later those points will be deducted...example
you buy a $60 game & get 120 points if you pm the game 2 weeks later to $40 the RZ site should show the $20 deduction on that transaction if it doesn't the 2nd receipt with the pm will reflect a negative RZ points balance & when it posts it'll deduct the RZ points that you got on the 1st receipt. So you end up with 80 RZ points when it's all said & done.

Ahh, gotcha. Makes sense. Didn't know they would take away points from you, but, I'd rather have the $20 off over the 40 points obviously. I'm gonna have to start paying more attention to these PM possibilities and getting games sooner (since I usually wait til they drop in MSRP.) But with the $20 preorder promos and $10 in store pick up deals, I think I'm going to start getting some practice on PMs - surely most of the ones BB is offering that deal on will have a sale price within the 60 days...

Posted Image

#2717 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I think it shows how spoiled I am now that $20 no longer pushes me into instant buy mode. Solid deal, but I'll wait until $10 or less.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2718 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Do all copies of NG3 come with the DOA5 Demo?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#2719 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

In case anyone cares, you can pick up DOTD games in store for the price with no problem, I just did it.

Zarski843.jpg

#2720 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'd like to know this as well. From what I've read on GameFAQs, the answer is no, and the versions that did include the demo, some of the codes didn't even work.

#2721 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

AFAIK it's only the initial release copies, but I'm not sure if they have any kind of marking on the box saying if it has it or not. The game didn't sell well at all at launch, so you're chances of getting it may be higher than you think.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#2722 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

I would honestly pay $20 for the DoA5 demo, but $20 for a chance at the demo, sketchy!

#2723 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

AFAIK it's only the initial release copies, but I'm not sure if they have any kind of marking on the box saying if it has it or not. The game didn't sell well at all at launch, so you're chances of getting it may be higher than you think.

Anyone know if the demo require the disc to d/l and play or just the code?

#2724 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would honestly pay $20 for the DoA5 demo, but $20 for a chance at the demo, sketchy!

got email notice saying mines -ps3- ready for pickup. if mine comes with a code ill sell it to u for $10 lol.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2725 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

This. Well, partially....

$20 is a bit hard to swallow, but with a $10 coupon from the in-store pick-up deal, I don't mind biting for $10.

what's this deal?

#2726 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

It came out three months ago and it's never been lower.

This is a decent deal since it is the lowest I've seen it as well. I think it's good if you plan on playing it now. I still want to play 1 & 2 and $20 doesn't seem like a price we won't see from BB or another retailer down the line, esp considering how badly I see people talking about it. Even the developer said they messed up and made a "Japanese Hamburger for the West" lol. Now if it was BB's crazy $10 or $11.99 deals they do sometimes, then I'd be all over it myself.

Edited by barrit, 06 July 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#2727 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

what's this deal?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=323254

I'm really tempted to get it at $10, but I just can't get over how terrible I've heard that it is.

For those wondering, apparently the PS3 version is better due to the 360's "horrendous screen tearing".

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2728 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

I bought the CE day one and both my online pass and the DOA5 demo didn't work. They were able to send me an online pass but never a DOA5 demo code. Just a fair warning to you guys who never played this, it is a terrible game. No strategy needed just button mashing and a strong thumb.

#2729 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I was on the fence for $20 but would've probably picked it up for the DOA5 demo. Well, I just Googled for more info about it, and the demo was exclusive to Gamestop and Amazon unless you buy the Collector's Edition.

The interesting thing is that there are three versions of the demo: Gamestop's version has two characters, Amazon's has a different two, and the Collector Edition's has all four.

#2730 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Not sure if this game got terrible reviews because its a terrible Ninja Gaiden game, or a terrible game

With my backlog of AAA games, not worth the risk yet