Persona 4 : Golden Fall 2012

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#91 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Not by any stretch a newegg apologist, but my experience has always been that newegg preorders are on my doorstep by Thursday/Friday of release week (with them usually shipping Monday afternoon).

If I didn't know better, I'd think Katamari Damacy got a new sequel. That thing is exciting!

wonder with thanksgiving when i get it
WOOOO I STINK

#92 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Just got an email early this morning from Amazon saying that the new estimated delivery for my Solid Gold edition is December 19th. Anyone else get this?
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#93 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Chriscolbert, was just checking this thread for the same thing. Also got the delay e-mail here.
Posted Image

#94 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yup, just talked with Amazon support and the game is backordered till that date. So either they are getting a game shipment late or we are getting orders cancelled.

#95 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Yup, just talked with Amazon support and the game is backordered till that date. So either they are getting a game shipment late or we are getting orders cancelled.

cancel since they cant make more... they over sold them BIG TIME same as gamestop.. Called up local stores to see if they had extra

Stores preorders got in

A 15 got in 0
B 6 got in 1
C 12 got in 0
D 8 got in 0

thats right 41 store preorders and they only got 1
WOOOO I STINK

#96 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

My status just got changed to "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Not helping my hopes at all.
Posted Image

#97 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

I got my Solid Gold copy from Amazon today. I pre-ordered that thing the second it was made available. I thought 70 bucks was a bit steep for the Solid Gold version, but the extras are actually really nice. The hard cover and case are pretty sweet, very welcomed in fact. The stickers are whatever, but they are pretty nice quality. I'm quite happy with the purchase, especially since it came in pristine condition and not crushed.

#98 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

cancel since they cant make more... they over sold them BIG TIME same as gamestop.. Called up local stores to see if they had extra

Stores preorders got in

A 15 got in 0
B 6 got in 1
C 12 got in 0
D 8 got in 0

thats right 41 store preorders and they only got 1

I was wondering if Gamestop stores were shorted. This morning I checked around major cities including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago using the stock checker, and at most there were only 3 or 4 stores within a 100 mile radius of these cities with any in stock.

#99 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Well now I just got an email saying it shipped and will be here Monday!

Weird...
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#100 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

So the regular edition arrived today, but I can't open it until Christmas. Damn wife...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#101 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

So the regular edition arrived today, but I can't open it until Christmas. Damn wife...

rip it open when she is sleeping.. get some plastic wrap and wrap the box back up... then look disappointed on christmas day when you open up an empty box :)
WOOOO I STINK

#102 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

rip it open when she is sleeping.. get some plastic wrap and wrap the box back up... then look disappointed on christmas day when you open up an empty box :)

Was going to attempt to do this with my Wii U except put heavy rocks in the box trying to pull an Indiana Jones.

Kamagii.png

#103 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

She let me have the front screen protector, but still no game until Christmas...small victories? :D

Posted Image

#104 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

I got the Premium Edition of the game, but I don't know what to do with the stickers. I feel like they are too nice to use. Any suggestions?

#105 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

I would really like to get this but am very scared I wont like it. I grew up loving NES/SNES RPG's grinding and what not, but is this an RPG with like social networking/anima?
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#106 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I would really like to get this but am very scared I wont like it. I grew up loving NES/SNES RPG's grinding and what not, but is this an RPG with like social networking/anima?

There is more than enough grinding if you want.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#107 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm 21 hours into this game and it is freaking AWESOME!

#108 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

still have this sealed

so is the game easy. med. hard ..freaking insane hard

most all my time been hooked on The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave for the 3ds

fun game until you get up to the 2nd to last cave you have to have your people like level

50 in the 3rd to last cave and this cave was a walkthough and got my people up to level 51

need level 60 in the 2nd to last cave meaning im going to have to GRIND probally 10+ hours to get my people to to level 60 and what sucks is if you lose in battle you lose all of your exp time playing
WOOOO I STINK

#109 humidore

humidore

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

The slow start in P3 and P4 are hard to get through...I hope P5 addresses this.

I know once I finally get to the point where I can do what I want, when I want in the game, it will be great!

#110 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Question for experienced Persona players:

I've never played any game in the series. Is there any reason whatsoever not to just start right off with P4? Will I be better off in any way by playing the others first?
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#111 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Way more addicted to this game than I was prepared for.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#112 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I've never played any game in the series. Is there any reason whatsoever not to just start right off with P4? Will I be better off in any way by playing the others first?

P4 is a great place to start. Though it does take place in the same reality as P3 and there are some very minor crossovers, there's nothing you need to know about the story or characters that you won't get in P4.

The gameplay is extremely similar between P3 and P4, with P4 making some small but significant improvements. If you love P4 then you won't have any problem going back to P3 and loving that too.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#113 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

I was pleasantly suprised to get an email out of the blue from Amazon today with a $5 credit apologizing for not getting me the Solid Gold edition on the due date last month (it came the following Monday). In other news, I love Amazon.

#114 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

P4 is a great place to start. Though it does take place in the same reality as P3 and there are some very minor crossovers, there's nothing you need to know about the story or characters that you won't get in P4.

The gameplay is extremely similar between P3 and P4, with P4 making some small but significant improvements. If you love P4 then you won't have any problem going back to P3 and loving that too.

but it be on a smaller psp screen (unless you buy the download)
WOOOO I STINK

#115 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Thanks! Will just start with P4 then!
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#116 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Way more addicted to this game than I was prepared for.

This. I've put more than 40 hours in already and it's only been a little over 2 weeks since I got the game. That's on top of my school year being hectic and just ending lol. It was my saving grace from going fucking insane when I was trapped at the hospital for five hours the other day.

#117 meerkatgamer

meerkatgamer

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

She let me have the front screen protector, but still no game until Christmas...small victories? :D

Posted Image

I have the persona 4 for pspvita and now will be getting a pspvita for Christmas.

I was going to get a Hori screen protector.

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218581191692

Since I have the items from the premium edition. is the persona 4 golden protective skin like a screen protector is it more like a decal thing that decorates the system?

Should I put hori screen protector on it then this?

Was it hard to apply? I've done the hori screen protectors on my dsi, and 3ds no issue coarse a bit nerve wrecked from being careful..

I'm excited to play persona 4 golden played the ps2 one and beaten it month ago, but still excited to revisit the game.

Currently playing
:wii: U: Soon Zelda WindWaker!
:ds::pokemon Black 2
:ps2::
:psp: vita:persona4/ muramasa
:3ds: :monster hunter 3 ultimate

#118 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

The Persona skin is actually a screen protector that covers the front of the Vita entirely.

#119 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well I'm 12 hours into the game, enjoying it so far. The first boss battle kinda pissed me off because I thought surely they would give you more SP items during battles. And then
Spoiler

From there on out I'm trying to make sure I grind a bit when I visit the castle. Still trying to decide if I want to try and get as many trophies now as I can, or just enjoy the story and see if I'm interested in a second playthrough.

#120 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Well I'm 12 hours into the game, enjoying it so far. The first boss battle kinda pissed me off because I thought surely they would give you more SP items during battles. And then

Spoiler

From there on out I'm trying to make sure I grind a bit when I visit the castle. Still trying to decide if I want to try and get as many trophies now as I can, or just enjoy the story and see if I'm interested in a second playthrough.

I'm over 30 hours in and I'm loving the game. I'm having a hard time with the social links. Too many girl problems. ;)