229 replies to this topic

#181 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

So I'm in
Spoiler

I've focused purely on Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko. Character levels currently range from 65-67. I'm on the 5th floor for the dungeon mentioned above. Taking my time going through this one early to try and grind a small bit for later levels. Oh, and I maxed my S. Link with Margaret. I spent a shit tonne of $ on buying persona's to fuse and such, but I finally did it :)

So...for the end game, I read that important events happen in December that I need to handle correctly in order to get the True ending. Any tips/suggestions? I don't generally follow any guides other than various help on boss strategies and such.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#182 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

So...for the end game, I read that important events happen in December that I need to handle correctly in order to get the True ending. Any tips/suggestions? I don't generally follow any guides other than various help on boss strategies and such.

The game prompts you to save right before the big event. I'd recommend keeping another save file or two. Other than that, enjoy the show ;)

#183 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

The game prompts you to save right before the big event. I'd recommend keeping another save file or two. Other than that, enjoy the show ;)

Also I recommend making multiple saves to get the various endings - 2 bad, accomplice, good and true end. You only get a trophy for true end but still worth it.

There's also the epilogue but you need to max a certain person's s-link for that. You can do that all december and it gives a secret dungeon aswell.

#184 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

So I'm in

Spoiler

You can still
Spoiler

#185 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

So I'm closing in on the end of the game. I plan on saving my second play-through for later this year. So, that said, I need something new to play. Any suggestions? The Vita is kind of lacking in options at this point...

#186 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Mgs hd is pretty good, gravity rush isn't too bad either. Those are the only ones I've played.

Though I've heard ragnarok Odessey is supposed to be good

#187 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

So I'm closing in on the end of the game. I plan on saving my second play-through for later this year. So, that said, I need something new to play. Any suggestions? The Vita is kind of lacking in options at this point...

Same here, looking for another RPG. I love to play Gravity Rush since I have PS+ but I only have a 4gb card. How is Ragnarok Odyssey? Looking to get that one next.

#188 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Same here, looking for another RPG. I love to play Gravity Rush since I have PS+ but I only have a 4gb card. How is Ragnarok Odyssey? Looking to get that one next.

I'm leaning towards Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD. I know Europe has it for 25% off right now (I believe) so I'm hoping NA gets a discount soon. But yeah, that's currently on my list, sale or not.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward also interests me, but I'm not sure. I'd like to find it used at GS so I can try it first, and if I don't like it, I can return it within the first 7 days...

#189 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

There is some good PSP games, especially RPGs, on PSN. I recommend Persona 3 Portable (P3P). I believe it's $20 on PSN. I snagged it when it was $10 a couple of months ago. I purchased Persona 4 on release day, but I haven't opened it yet because I wanted to finish P3P first.

#190 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm leaning towards Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD. I know Europe has it for 25% off right now (I believe) so I'm hoping NA gets a discount soon. But yeah, that's currently on my list, sale or not.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward also interests me, but I'm not sure. I'd like to find it used at GS so I can try it first, and if I don't like it, I can return it within the first 7 days...

Zero Escape has a demo on PSN. You can try it out there first.
Posted Image

#191 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Zero Escape has a demo on PSN. You can try it out there first.

I've heard playing the first game (999) is highly advised before jumping into Zero Escape so perhaps take that into consideration.

I second Gravity Rush and P3P as well. Assassin's Creed Liberation is also a top notch game.

#192 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Persona 3 Portable on PSN. Only get Virtue's Last Reward if you played the first game.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#193 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well after a lot of procrastinating and trying to get as many trophies as possible in my first playthrough, I finally beat P4G last night.

In the end, I was extremely satisfied with this game. It's really re-sparked my interest in JRPGs. I finished the game with the True Ending but I'll probably go back at some point and load up a save so I can get the Golden Ending as well.

#194 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well after a lot of procrastinating and trying to get as many trophies as possible in my first playthrough, I finally beat P4G last night.

In the end, I was extremely satisfied with this game. It's really re-sparked my interest in JRPGs. I finished the game with the True Ending but I'll probably go back at some point and load up a save so I can get the Golden Ending as well.

Wait...there's a Golden Ending? I thought it was just Bad/Good/True??? I'm on one of the final fights. My characters are at 84-86, my persona's are 78-84.
Spoiler

#195 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Wait...there's a Golden Ending? I thought it was just Bad/Good/True??? I'm on one of the final fights. My characters are at 84-86, my persona's are 78-84.

Spoiler

Yes and I believe you get a trophy in the process.
Spoiler

EDIT: Thanks for correcting me, but you might wanna put that in spoilers.

Edited by PimpLimp, 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#196 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

You don't get a trophy for the golden ending but you do for completing Marie's dungeon.

#197 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

I've been playing this game for a few days and I am loving it.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#198 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

I've been playing this game for a few days and I am loving it.

If you're bothered about trophies, one word of advice don't worry about Hardcore Risette, it actually carries over to new game plus. Also analyzing with the L1 button doesn't count from what I know.

#199 Action!

Action!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

If you're bothered about trophies, one word of advice don't worry about Hardcore Risette, it actually carries over to new game plus. Also analyzing with the L1 button doesn't count from what I know.

Has that been confirmed? It was a huge point of contention last time I checked, but I hope it's true for everyone else's sake. Either way, I got lucky and ended up with it near the end of my first playthrough. Man, I can't imagine hunting for it.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#200 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Has that been confirmed? It was a huge point of contention last time I checked, but I hope it's true for everyone else's sake. Either way, I got lucky and ended up with it near the end of my first playthrough. Man, I can't imagine hunting for it.

Yeah it's been confirmed on the Gamefaqs boards to carry over. If it helps I got mine pretty early in the second playthrough. I would recommend purchasing items such as the tesla coil etc to help with the enemy down lines for each character.

#201 Action!

Action!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah it's been confirmed on the Gamefaqs boards to carry over. If it helps I got mine pretty early in the second playthrough. I would recommend purchasing items such as the tesla coil etc to help with the enemy down lines for each character.

That's awesome news.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#202 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I just beat this game and honestly almost teared up. Anyway I wanna play persona 3 now lol anyone know if one is more voice acted then the other when it comes to fes vs p3p

#203 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I just beat this game and honestly almost teared up. Anyway I wanna play persona 3 now lol anyone know if one is more voice acted then the other when it comes to fes vs p3p

I played P4G first, then P3P. Honestly, I enjoyed both for different reasons. P3P has similar gameplay and an interesting storyline; if you like the Persona games it wouldn't hurt to play it.

#204 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

P3P is excellent, though it has a more nihilistic view and slightly darker tone than Golden. Plus you you can get 2 playthroughs, MC and FeMC with different main party social links.

#205 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hmm i was more askin if p3p is considered a better experience then p3 fes. I know fes has an epilogue and animated scenes. I was curious if they both had equal amounts of voiced convos, if p3p isnt voiced id prolly just sit down on my couch and play fes for cheaper (10 bucks for fes vs 20 for p3p) even if the main reason i was able to ginish golden was because it was portable :P (im hooked now and really wanna beat p3 before jumping into p4 arena)

#206 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I've not played FES but been wanting to just for the extra animations and epilogue but from what I understand (Iv'e only played P3P) the voices are all in the game but instead of seeing the character models outside of dungeons we see them visual novel format.

Gameplay wise P3P is considered far superior to FES, making it more like P4 with the ability control party members and costumes etc. It really depends what you want, if you want the 'proper' story experience then FES. If you don't mind visual novel style and would prefer less frustrating gameplay then P3P.

#207 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Ill prolly get p3p thanks for the info

#208 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

You know a game is excellent when it's a 100 or so hour game, you are only 3 hours into it, and you are obsessed, calling it your favorite game of all time already. Yeah, so far Persona 4 Golden has sucked me in that much. It's a shame I only get about 2-3 hours a week to play...I'll be here awhile!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#209 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Gameplay wise FES is better, but P3P has the better battle system.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#210 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Gameplay wise FES is better, but P3P has the better battle system.

Picked up p3p and will prolly play as the girl and then buy fes and play as the boy and do the extra content/ check out the animation.

Edited by thefurrypanda, 16 February 2013 - 01:44 AM.