Kinect Star Wars Console Bundle $399.99 at Best Buy/Amazon/Gamestop

[quote name='iduncurr']I kind of wish it came with a second controller though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't understand why it didn't. The Gears 3 and MW3 consoles both came with dual controllers. I would buy this at $400 if it came with two controllers just because at one point (I haven't checked current trends) the controller itself was sell for $100+ on eBay.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I don't understand why it didn't. The Gears 3 and MW3 consoles both came with dual controllers. I would buy this at $400 if it came with two controllers just because at one point (I haven't checked current trends) the controller itself was sell for $100+ on eBay.[/QUOTE]
because it comes with a kinect when the GOW 3 and MW 3 didn't

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I don't understand why it didn't. The Gears 3 and MW3 consoles both came with dual controllers. I would buy this at $400 if it came with two controllers just because at one point (I haven't checked current trends) the controller itself was sell for $100+ on eBay.[/QUOTE]The GeOW3 and MW3 consoles didn't come with Kinect, though. 2 controllers + Kinect + game + 320GB Slim for $450 would be a heck of a deal. $400 even more so.

It's kind of why I wish it had 2 controllers.
I would have jumped on buying it by then.
I'm a sucker for the R2D2 sound effects..../nerd

[quote name='shrike4242']The GeOW3 and MW3 consoles didn't come with Kinect, though. 2 controllers + Kinect + game + 320GB Slim for $450 would be a heck of a deal. $400 even more so.[/QUOTE]

I don't care. I know there are a lot of star wars and xbox fans on these threads but you're not going to convince me by listing MSRP prices for all the hardware that at MSRP or even $400 this is a good deal.

Past trends show that special edition consoles fall in price hard and fast. This may never hit the $279 price point that the gears and MW3 console hit but I would expect it to hit $349 easily. They should have released this 6 months to a year ago. As it is there is most likely going to be a big price drop at E3 which will make the $449 price point look even more silly with most likely less then two years left till the next console comes out.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah I don't understand why it didn't. The Gears 3 and MW3 consoles both came with dual controllers. I would buy this at $400 if it came with two controllers just because at one point (I haven't checked current trends) the controller itself was sell for $100+ on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wow, that controller is still selling for around $100 on ebay recently. I gotta admit, it would look pretty cool on display with a bunch of other cool star wars stuff.

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't care. I know there are a lot of star wars and xbox fans on these threads but you're not going to convince me by listing MSRP prices for all the hardware that at MSRP or even $400 this is a good deal.

Past trends show that special edition consoles fall in price hard and fast. This may never hit the $279 price point that the gears and MW3 console hit but I would expect it to hit $349 easily. They should have released this 6 months to a year ago. As it is there is most likely going to be a big price drop at E3 which will make the $449 price point look even more silly with most likely less then two years left till the next console comes out.[/QUOTE]Not all of the special edition consoles drop in price, as I know the MW2 console never really dropped in price as it was somewhat limited compared to the other ones after it (SC, FFXIII) or the Slim special edition consoles. Most of them, yes, do drop in price, though it's because of oversupply more than anything else.

Since they have such a mediocre game packed in with it, that may drive it down further, though I don't think it may drop below $349 for what's packed in there.

Hmmmm.....wonder if there's any chance I could get Amazon to give me back $50 since I paid the full $450 less than a month ago....???

I want it but my current one is working fine and doesn't have all that many hours logged on it.

I have the VZW Droid 2 R2D2 phone....it would go together nicely.

[quote name='VOLTAN']I paid the full $450 less than a month ago...?[/QUOTE]

What are you doing on CAG if you're willing to pay full price for gaming goods?

I might just bite. Sucker for the look. Only thing holding me back is the Gears xbox at my closing BBY for 274. Hard to chose.

[quote name='TheHelix']I can see this hitting $300 in a few months.

This game has failed CAG for the last time.[/QUOTE]

Yup. These things are flooding retail, and the price is just way too high for a console that has pretty much maxed out it's audience, and is fast approaching the end of it's cycle.

[quote name='mrclutch']I might just bite. Sucker for the look. Only thing holding me back is the Gears xbox at my closing BBY for 274. Hard to chose.[/QUOTE]

let the Kinect be the deciding factor. Do you already own a Kinect? Are there Kinect games you are interested in? their you don't have a Kinect and are interested in it, the Star Wars console is the way to go.

damn i just paid $450 3 weeks ago at amazon had to sell the kinect and game just to be able to keep the console and control, think im gonna try and get an adjustment when i get home. I mean its $50. Has anyone had good luck trying to get an adjustment.

I am really tempted. I love the look of this. I have neither Kinect nor a slim and have been hauling my old XBox up and down stairs between my primary gaming TV in my Bedroom and the TV in the family room that I use when I have friends over for group games like Rock Band. I was planning on waiting for a deal this year's holiday season but if this model drops any farther I will have to give in to my inner Star Wars Fangirl and buy it.

I wanted one of these really bad, but I was able to get the Gears of War 360 for $250 last year instead. If I can get one of these for under $300 I'd probably bite, but even then I might not.

They really screwed the pooch on this one. If this had released on time during last Christmas it would've done a lot better. $450 is way too much without a large title to support it, even if it does have the Star Wars branding. Releasing it when they didn't help at all either.

[quote name='mrclutch']Already have a Kinect. To your point that's the main reason I'm not already in. Doubt I could get much out of mine.[/QUOTE]

I ended up seeking my old 250 GB slim and Kinect for $225 on Craigslist. Originally had it on there for $250 but I agreed on $225 since the buyer was driving a fair distance.

[quote name='youenvy']damn i just paid $450 3 weeks ago at amazon had to sell the kinect and game just to be able to keep the console and control, think im gonna try and get an adjustment when i get home. I mean its $50. Has anyone had good luck trying to get an adjustment.[/QUOTE]

called the GS i bought mine at and they used the "had to be within 7 days" BS--trying to get thru to Customer Service is impossible at this point

If this bundle included 2 controllers then it would have been really worth it, but $449 is too much especially when the game is crappy and most hardcore gamers that this would appeal to probably don't want a Kinect.

The MW3 console was gone from retail stores in minutes here on launch day never to return to shelves around here, If I didn't go online to get one from newegg I wouldn't have gotten it. My retail stores are terrible about stocking new products, especially high value ones, its one shipment and that is it.

[quote name='GBAstar']
Past trends show that special edition consoles fall in price hard and fast. This may never hit the $279 price point that the gears and MW3 console hit but I would expect it to hit $349 easily. They should have released this 6 months to a year ago. As it is there is most likely going to be a big price drop at E3 which will make the $449 price point look even more silly with most likely less then two years left till the next console comes out.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see this at some newegg blow out at $299-320 level sometime in late June or July. MS is will probably announce another bundle at E3 (a Halo 4 themed one would not very surprising) and by late June or July, MS will be looking to free up space and capital and dump any remaining SW bundles to make room for that new bundle coming out in the fall.

I wouldn't be banking on an E3 hardware price cut if this 360 on a 2 year contract rumor turns out to be true. If is legit, its going to remove some of the pressure for a price cut by providing an illusion of a cheap entry level price point....although I would still expect some sort of cut later on in the year...but more likely in the fall and more of a $30 level cut vs a $50. While hardware sales are down, I don't know if MS feels like cutting prices to beat up Sony even more is necessary at this exact moment in time, and more tactical spending on promos/gift cards to goose sales as needed would be cheaper in the short term than a price cut.

Bought this for $450 with a free game from Gamestop. No way I'm getting any adjustment.

That being said, I'd wait. Sure these might be collector items, in say 10 or 20 years. But right now they're too expensive, the Kinect game sucks, and everyone has these for sale.

If someone actually gets the price adjustment from Amazon (and they also got the $50 gc with the order) please post here and let others know.

[quote name='imaramman']If someone actually gets the price adjustment from Amazon (and they also got the $50 gc with the order) please post here and let others know.[/QUOTE]

Yes, please do.

Amazon - I asked for a price adjustment. The rep said it's way past the allowed time since I bought it last year. I told her I preordered it last year and it was only sent out last month. She checked my account, confirmed it and said price adjustments can only be done within 7 days since prices can fluctuate daily and double checked the policies. I told her I understood and if there's anything she could do. She said I could return it as I still had a few days and repurchase. I said it would be a waste of time for everyone for me to send it and then for them to send it back to me for just $50. I said since I can't get a price adjustment is there any way I can get credit for a future purchase. She checked the policies again and said since I've been a good customer she would credit my account $20.

So overall I got the $50 credit for the purchase, the downloadable character, and another $20 credit.

The lady was very polite and professional and I actually enjoyed speaking with her. I kept my cool as I didn't really expect them to give me anything. Sorry it's so long.

I just tried the same thing and was given the cold shoulder. I even tried referencing that "my friend Gideon" was able to get it done yesterday and that he had preordered it a year ago to no avail. Eh. Too bad.

I haven't opened mine from Gamestop and I still have the receipt. I'm doing a return/rebuy tonight. I think they'd have to honor that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bite at 350 and not open it unless my current 360 dies. But I just spent a bunch on a new phone and I counted the other day, 20 something sealed games. Do I really need to spend that much on something I may never use? Will it really increase in value if I keep it sealed? hmmmmmmmm

You'd have to be stupid to keep a $400 Xbox in the box, they built (and still can build) tens of thousands of these. It's not a rare item, considering every store has them.

[quote name='eXciter1']I haven't opened mine from Gamestop and I still have the receipt. I'm doing a return/rebuy tonight. I think they'd have to honor that?[/QUOTE]

Well, glad I waited, they gave me $53 cash when I got a price adjustment at Gamestop.

In 1.5 months time:

I started this deal with the PowerUp rewards $140 for an old XBox. Traded in my old Arcade with bad disc drive and bad RB on the controller for $140.

Got $225 for a 4 yr old 80gb PS3 I only paid $250 for it in the first place. I just played blu-rays on this thing. I think I only played Resistance: Fall of Man and that's it.

Then traded in 4 copies of Batman: Arkham City for $23 each (I had 9, kept one), which I originally got on the Best Buy @Gamer coupon deal for $10 each.

Thanks to CAG, I had $457 trade-in at Gamestop, now I have $53 in my pocket and a Star Wars XBox 360. :applause:

I can finally open this thing up and play it with my son this weekend.

[quote name='eXciter1']Well, glad I waited, they gave me $53 cash when I got a price adjustment at Gamestop.

In 1.5 months time:

I started this deal with the PowerUp rewards $140 for an old XBox. Traded in my old Arcade with bad disc drive and bad RB on the controller for $140.

Got $225 for a 4 yr old 80gb PS3 I only paid $250 for it in the first place. I just played blu-rays on this thing. I think I only played Resistance: Fall of Man and that's it.

Then traded in 4 copies of Batman: Arkham City for $23 each (I had 9, kept one), which I originally got on the Best Buy @Gamer coupon deal for $10 each.

Thanks to CAG, I had $457 trade-in at Gamestop, now I have $53 in my pocket and a Star Wars XBox 360. :applause:

I can finally open this thing up and play it with my son this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Haha exactly what I did accept I ended up canceling, putting it all on a card, and buying it from amazon for 50 bucks gift card deal with credit. I did sell the controller and game the first few days when both were worth a bit more on eBay.

bread's done
Back